View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #9
vibrantecho

Okay, my turn!

I'm 25, married, 4 1/2 year old DD. I was thin, thin, thin and active, active, active my whole life (I'm guessing around 120? - wore a 4/6 on a 5'2" frame) until I got pregnant. I ate a lot of junk food - Taco Bell - while I was pg and weighed 160-ish after DD was born. Had a full time job and not a lot of money so DH and I ate a lot of unhealthy "convenience food" (Hamburger Helper!) for a long time - and I gained about 40 pounds in four years.

Last August I joined LAWL, the week before my brother's wedding - because I had to have my bridesmaid dress completely taken apart and drastically altered because the size I had ordered wasn't anywhere close to my real size! LAWL had an ad for 1/3 off the weekly price so I jumped on it.

I like the LA plan for the same reasons Julie does - it really makes me think about choosing healthy foods and not succumbing to the first drive thru that I come to at the end of the day. Unfortunately for me, I find myself choosing to go off the plan rather frequently, so I think I've lost the same five pounds about 13 times now! Since I paid for the whole plan up front I can't just walk away, so this is a good lesson for me in persistence, too. Other "diets" I've tried (including just plain old eating healthier) I've usually given up - gone back to my old habits - within a few weeks. I like the way I feel when I'm eating OP - but I also love food, and tend toward instant gratification over long-term rewards, so that is something I have to work on.

My long-term goal is to get down to around 120-125. I maintained 120, without really thinking about it, for a long time before I gave up my active lifestyle in favor of a kid and a desk job, so I think that if I get active again, getting back to 120 isn't inconceivable for me.

Fiona

Counting down to my pre-pg weight:
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote