Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 09:13 PM   #1  

Wink Fabulous Forties # 62

Welcome home Terri! So happy to have you back.

I've been out all day so I'm pooped.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Love ya's
Old 07-07-2001, 07:07 AM   #2  

Thumbs down

Goodmorning

Terri, you were truly missed even though you were checking in it wasn't the same. It seemed like forever. I hope you had a great time.

Myra, how's it going? I was very busy yesterday. Towards the end of the day I noticed I wasn't hungry. I got hungry but not like I usually am. I guess it was the HTP

Off & running again. Have to get a manicure, go to the bank then go food shopping. Last but not least EXERCISE!

Have a great day ladies.

Essie
Old 07-07-2001, 12:09 PM   #3  

Thanks Essie. I missed you too. You are so upbeat. I missed that.

Here is my message from page 2 on the last thread.

Hi all! I am home. YEAH! I miss the family but is is great to be home. We stayed over in Nashville (90 miles from home) for the 4th. We stayed at the Opryland Hotel. It is huge. the 3rd largest in the world. It was nice.

Congrats Joyce on your losses. That is great!
I am glad to hear everyone had a great 4th. I missed y'all/.

I finally found skinny cows in Ohio. They were at my mom's Kroger.
They were GOOD!
I make the chocolate graham crackers an cool whip. MMMMmmmm! The kids love them.

Well, talk more later. Going to see Dr. Dolittle 2 in a few minutes.
Haven't weighed yet. Waiting for Sat. I am being strong.

Terri

Well, I weighed in and I gained 4.5 pounds. Not to bad for all the ice cream I consumed on our walks around our hometown . DQ is right in the middle. Isn't that convenient.
I am determined to get it off and then go on the rest of the way. We did so much in the 2.5 weeks. We did 10 major things. It is a wonder I didn't gain 10.
I missed y'all and it is good to be back.
Old 07-07-2001, 03:08 PM   #4  

Angry

Terri,

How do you get your message from the other thread on here? Copy & paste?

It's such a beautiful day today. I'm waiting for Pete to get home from work which should be any minute. I know he's going to be very tired. He only got 4 hrs. sleep last night. I don't know how he does it. I need at least 6 hrs. I would love to go for a walk. Maybe later.

Enjoy your day
Old 07-07-2001, 04:50 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls,

Welcome home, Terri! glad to hear you had fun. 4.5 isn't so bad considering how long you were vacationing. You know you'll be strong now that you're home. Glad to have you back!

Just got rid of the boys, ahhhh.....now I truly understand the joys of grandparenthood! LOL I love having them here every week, know that I'm giving the kids a hand by sitting for them, and I get to spend lots of time with the boys.......BUT, it's so good to hand them back to their mom and dad!!

Joe and I are going to relax this evening, perhaps go to the racetrack tomorrow. Just plan to play the remainder of the weekend.

Well, have a great night everyone!

~Jen
Old 07-07-2001, 05:50 PM   #6  

Thanks Essie and Jen.
Yes, I copied and pasted.
I didn't even know it was the 2nd page.
I am glad to be back. I hate eating like that. My back hurts really bad first thing in the morning. It is definitely the food. I love counting points. I can't believe I missed it.
I had black bean soup for lunch. MMMMmm that stuff is good.
Well, have a great weekend everyone. TTYL,
Terri
Old 07-07-2001, 07:24 PM   #7  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Welcome back, Terri! Glad you had a great time.

Anyone want to join me posting our journals? It is getting lonely being the only one posting but it really helps me stay in control.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 07-07-2001, 08:54 PM   #8  

Angry

Hello Again

Myra, I thought it was a good idea for me to post my journal but I never keep it up. I always wind up changing it by the end of the day. I'll give it another try starting tomorrow.

Terri, the black bean soup, did you make it? Sounds good & I'm sure the fiber is pretty high. You were away for a long time so 4.5 is better than 10 You are very deciplined so you'll lose it right away. Do you really love counting points? I've slacked up so much. I got to get my act together. I joined a 10 lb challenge, by labor day, on another website. Hopefully this will motivate me.

Jen, do you babysit every weekend? I was at my brother's house yesterday & there were kids of all ages. It was my nephew's birthday. It's today but they celebrated yesterday with his friends. He's 11. The twins didn't stay behind. They're 3 yrs. old & they wanted to be in everything. My SIL looked so stress. No wonder why she's thin! When we got home, Pete looked at me & I looked at him & we had the same thought....ahhhhhhh peace & quiet. Enjoy your R & R with Joe.

I didn't even get to exercise today. I started cleaning & changing curtains. Pete fell right to sleep when he got home. Talk about snoring! Even though if I would tell him how fast he fell asleep he would deny it. I got alot done around here so no regrets.

Well ladies, till tomorrow
Have a goodnight.
Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 07-07-2001 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:11 AM   #9  

Hi Myra,
I will start tomorrow. Today was my actual first day back. I like doing that too. See you over there.

Essie,
I do like it. I feel in control when I count them.
No, I don't make my own soup and it did have 17 grams of fiber. sh**, oh how I wish I would! Noone sat close to me while we watched Beach Blanket Bingo. Remember that movie?

So glad you had a good time. Enjoy the peace and quiet. Wait til' you have grandchildren. That is a sound that you will not get tired of. Well... Jen, Dianne?

TTYL,
Terri
Old 07-08-2001, 12:23 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, I thought it was funny that you said your SIL is so thin....gee, I hope that'll happen to me from watching the boys this summer! No such luck......I had too much fun putting all this weight on, I have to work hard to get it off! I watch the boys from Wed. night till Sat. morning, till the end of summer. It is fun, bottom line, in spite of my complaining!

Matthew is having surgery on Tuesday, has to have tubes put in his ears as he suffers from frequent ear infections. His older brother had the same problem.

Myra, I really pooped out on your journal thread. I must get back in the swing of it! I am very glad to see that you've stuck with it.

Terri, I love black bean soup. It tastes so good it almost feels like "cheating", doesn't it? With some jalapenoes added..mmmmm. Funny you mentioned about your back hurting when you get up in the morning. That is my #1 warning sign that I've been slacking. If I drink my water and exercise, my back is great. It's been sore the last couple of mornings.....time to face the music.

Dianne, Joyce, Patti, hi!

Joe has decided upon Mexico for his 50th birthday trip in February. Looks as though we'll finally get there! If that doesn't jump start me back to being OP, I don't know what will.

have a great Sunday.
~Jen
Old 07-08-2001, 02:22 PM   #11  

Mexico!!! Fun time! You will look great. What an incentive.
Good luck!
Isn't it weird about the back. The bottom right side is so painful when I am slacking. It feels great when I am op. That is the best motivater I can think of.
I am so glad you are having fun with the grandkids. My Brandon had to have two sets of tubes and now he is fine. Little ones are precious. Big ones too.
Have a great Sunday.
Hi Patti, Dianne, Essie, Myra and Joyce.
Terri
Old 07-09-2001, 08:34 PM   #12  

Hello

Jen, when my son was 3 yrs. old he had tubes also. It turned out a while after they discovered he was born deaf from his left ear. Broke my heart. Till this day when he turns his head to listen or if we go out to the movies or a restaurant he wants me on his right side. His right ear is perfect, thank God! I see Joe was born in February. Pete's birthday is Feb. 13th born 1951. Okay Jen, how much would you like to lose from here till February? We'll do it together.

What brand of the black bean soup is good? Is it filling?

Terri, Terri, Terri, 17 gms. of fiber!

Let me browse a bit then going to bed

Till tomorrow

Essie
Old 07-09-2001, 10:22 PM   #13  

Essie,
Yep 17 grams of fiber. Poor Bruce. I don't remember the brand but it was good.
I am so glad your son's right ear was ok. Poor baby.
I did well today and yesterday. I stayed mid-range. I will up it a little tomorrow and then go down again Wed.
Brandon has to get a root canal tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. I thought it was today but was mistaken. Just putting off the inevitable. No nitrous oxcide (Mr. Nose).
Talk to y'all later.
Terri
Old 07-09-2001, 10:38 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, your poor baby. Brandon had terrible ear infections, they didn't put the tubes in till he was almost 3. By then he had some speech problems, which have pretty much cleared up by now. I'm glad they caught Matt's early. Joe's birthday is the 10th of Feb., he was born in '52. I would love to lose 50 by the trip. But it's so difficult to face....and I think, "forget it". However, I know that February will get here, and if I don't have a good loss by then, I'll get even more depressed. Thanks for the push, I'd love your company on this!

I've only had the Progresso brand of black bean soup. Other times I've had it at restaurants; never had a bowl I didn't like! And all that fiber...........oh well!

Terri, good luck to Brandon at the dentist.

Hi to everyone!

~Jen
Old 07-09-2001, 10:52 PM   #15  

Thanks Jen. My Brandon had speech problems a little. They were cleared up by 1st grade. That is sad when you realize they couldn't hear that well. Good luck to your baby.
Good luck with your goal. Mine is by Christmas. I would love to lose the last bit by then. I just know how hard it is to lose the last 20. The last 50 for that matter.
Have a great one.
Terri
Closed Thread