View Poll Results: WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO STAY ON PLAN?
Looking Great! 8 47.06%
Being Healthy! 10 58.82%
Staying Active to keep up with my children! 6 35.29%
A feeling of accomplishment! 6 35.29%
Support from home! 0 0%
Something other! 1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2005, 08:01 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Moms Losing Weight #51 Monday BLC!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 08:12 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Time to start my daily routine of getting my kiddos up dressed and ready

Just wanted to let you know that you can answer multiple answers on the poll!

Come on BLCers! Get MOVING!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:09 AM   #3  

Quicky check in. I'm heading to my treadmil to do my cardio for today. I plan to run 5 walk 2 run 5. that'l get my 10 min run in for the challenge. I'm getting there with running. You all know I kind a hate it. I think once I can run for a full 10 straight at 5mph, then I will like it more...

Morning Penny. I'll be home all day. SNOW SNOW SNOW here. Give me a buzzy if you wanna chat.

Challengers. GO GO GO !!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #4  

Penny, I love your polls

Well, my bellydancing DVD came in the mail over the weekend, but I haven't tried it out yet. My daughter is off school today, and as usual, if I want to use the computer she needs to use it. If I want to use the DVD player, she wants to watch a movie. The joy of 7 year olds.

I'm taking Sage (my daughter) to sign up for some classes through the community center this week. We have a hard time finding classes for her since she is with her dad out of state every other weekend. Fortunately, we found several options, and she is so excited to be trying ice skating, Spanish, and maybe painting too.

In looking through the schedule, I found some cardio kickboxing, weight lifting, and yoga classes, so I think I'll be taking a class too. This could be scary!
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:58 AM   #5  
Shake Your Booty!

Good Morning! I just found the weekend thread, I wondered where yall were all weekend! LOL
Well I am here and ready to rock! I went out yesterday and bought myself a 1 QT insulated thremos thingie, and 9 gallons of water..I'm going to drink a gallon a day...all I have to do is fill that jug up 4 times a day...I"ll do it! I ate 2 eggs with a little mayo, salt & pepper for breakfast and a cup of decaf tea with some sweetner thing..my total calories for today so far is 158 YAY ME! I love egg salad so I can definately do that for breakfast every day. My inlaws are coming this weekend (We only see them twice a year, they live 10 hours away) soooo I am making a huge meal and only eating a kiddie plate of it, I aint cooking all that good food and not eating it LOL!

Well I seen last week someone asked about my avatar (I'm thinking Roxy) he is Capt Feathersword from the Wiggles...my youngest watches the wiggles so much that I'm addicted LOL! And he's my favorite, so he's my avatar.

Penny~It snowed here too, the kids are off for presidents day today, so I have all 3 kids home I think I'll have them all do Richard Simmons with me, I love exercising with him.

Michelle~OMG If I belly danced I'd have to take all the knick knacks down so my belly didn't dance over to where they were and knock them down LOL!! I think its great you are going to do that, I bet it does wonders for you! Good luck with it!

OK Off to clean my dishes BBL
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #6  

Good morning ladies! Well I didn't get online at all over the weekend. That's amazing for me!! I am at work right now and really don't have but a second to post just wanted to come by and let you know I am still here. I will come back in a bit to post more. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #7  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! I see that we have a few new ones that I haven't introduced myself to you yet! Im sorry! My name is Kristin, I am a SAHM that works part time in the evenings, to one beautiful daughter Sydney, she is my avatar.....we are currently (my dh and I) are working towards having another child after we lose a little weight, so I can have a healthy pregnancy when I do get PG! That sounded bad...we aren't DOING "IT" RIGHT now, hes at work..oh whatever, LOL! Im a dofus! Anyway, I am doing South Beach and loving it, just have some doet committment issues, so I am tackling those too! Welcome Chrissy, Kendrea, and Michelle #2

I am doing so far so good today! I had 3 eggs with a little pepper and mrs dash, in a little bit of Olive Oil. IT was yummy and filling so that is good! Salad for lunch today too! I have already gotten dd up dressed, fed, teeeth brushed, me showered, dressed, breakfast, and 2 loads of laundry folded! WHO-HOO!

I am off to continue laundry and do some things that were on my to do list the other day that I wrote out and never did.....my ankle was hurting and standing up in the kitchen organizing wasn't a good idea! My ankle is now a few lovely shades of yellow, blue and purple....YUK! But its feeling really good today! I am also going to start with my water here in a minute I can't usually drink anything before I brush my teeth....Im weird, I know. BUt I hate brushing my teeth before I eat, so I just don't drink anything for breakfast.....WOW *slap* *slap* I need to quit! I am rambling BIG TIME!
I am going now....LOL! BBL to get personal!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:16 PM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning ladies-

Well got a good start for over the weekend! I am really revved up! Thanks Mel for the chat and helping me out with the challenge!
I had a rotten night's sleep with two children vomiting! DD helped me out though, she took the little one (3) to bed with her, and she ended up throwing up in dd's bed. Yuck, so needless to say I have laundry now! Everyone looks like they have a good start on the challenge, I'm so happy! You all are goona do so good this time!

Kristin-glad you are doing so good on SBD! Glad you are with us! Yeah!

Hi Kendra! Hows it going? How was your weekend?

Hi Chrissy-I only heard of the wiggles from some of you. Sorry for my ignorance, we don't have t.v. So I've never watch that! We only have a monitor and dvd player for movies. No broadcast anything! Yes,we're aliens!
You are doing so good!

Chelle-have fun with your belly dancing! I think I would only kill my husband, by laughing himself to death, if I did that! Good Luck!

Mel- thanks for all the info! Have fun at the gym!-ninja lady!

Penny-thanks for the new poll, those are always fun, have a challenging day!

Bye
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #9  

Hello everyone! Well, I still didn't do the run, but I am going to very soon. I ended up hurting my leg or something, so I had to wait. It was great fun doing challenges with you gals....Krisint, Roxy, and Jeniqua! Penny, what happened to ya? Im sure you got pulled away. I'll still challenge with you later if you want ...LMK.

Chrissy, it's funny how we all have our favorites out of the kids shows. I love the baby bugga bugs from Dora. THat's what Bugga...Patrick....is nicknamed after. He was preemie and tiny. That morning the baby bugga bugs were on tv..

Michellej. LMK how those belly dancing videos are. I bet it's interesing..

Kendrea. You can certainly follow along with the challenge. Dowload the form and follow along. You can also let us know what you did and post it with your points. I will check em' but I won't keep track on my end, because I have it all set up in my computer all ready. So feel free. We'd love it.

BBL
Old 02-21-2005, 01:37 PM   #10  
Jeniqua

Good afternoon ladies!! I am staying OP today too, yay!! I still have to put my pictures up on the site too. I have to wait for dh to come home from his dr. appointment. He's getting a GI done and it takes 3-6 hours. I have to print out phase 1 food for the SBD too so I know exactly what I can have on phase 1. We can do this ladies!! It was soo great chatting and exercising with Mel, Kristin, and Roxy. We definitely should do it again sometime.

Penny~ Hey girl!! You really do come up with some great polls. Let's stay motivated.

Roxy~ I'm soo glad you decided to do the challenge!! We're going to have a blast. I hope your kids feel better soon too.

Kristin~ I can't tell you how great it is to have you back! I am soo happy you're doing the challenge. Let's give it all we've got!

Kindrea~ Hi!!

ChrissL~ It sounds like you have a good healthy eating plan going on. You can do it!! My son loves the wiggles too. I think I know every song they sing..lol.

Chelle~ I'm glad you got your DVD!! It would be great if you could join a class too. Woo Hoo!!

well I better go finish straightening my house up but I'll be back later to post so more. Have a great OP day BLC's!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:19 PM   #11  

Okay, I tried my bellydancing DVD today while my daughter was distracted with the computer. The hour that it took to do the whole thing flew by, and I was laughing at my lack of coordination. I actually am ordering a couple of other belly dancing DVDs and even a hula dancing one. I think I've totally lost my mind, but anything that keeps me moving! I felt the belly dancing in stomach muscles I never use and places I didn't expect. Unfortunately, the woman was wearing one of those flowing belly dancer skirts so I had no idea what she was doing with her legs. She would say "keep your knees relaxed like this," and I'm thinking, "I can't even see your knees, crazy woman!"

Roxy- There is no way I'm letting my husband see any of this for a looong time. Fortunately, he is oblivious to my weight, and he practically started panting the second I told him what I had ordered.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:21 PM   #12  
Seen any cute shoes???

Default Happy Monday..

I answered the poll, something other. Because honestly its a mix of all those things listed. Who doesn't want to look better? To slip into a size you haven't worn in years? To remember what it felt like to actually not hate shopping. LOL But also too as I get older I see the need to taking care of myself simply to be healthy and to be around for my kiddos.

With that said I commited this morning to making the rest of the pregnancy healthy and while I can't go ''full force'' I can do something. So I had oatmeal for breakfast, a turkey/cheese/broc lean pocket with some pretzels for lunch and we are having red beans and rice for supper (with turkey smoked sausage) I've also drank40 oz of water so far. I want to go walk this evening...so I hope to get that in too.

Now I'm off to read the thread and catch up with you ladies
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #13  
**Kristin**

Good Afternoon! Mel, Jeniqua, Roxy..had so much fun with ya'll! That was great! We should definately do that again some time!

Michellejy - That is great the your dh loves you whatever your size..just think how he will feel when you get to your goal weight! Im glad that you are enjoying the bellydancing.......sounds like fun

Roxy - I wish we had no TV...LOL...then I wouldn't get sucked into watching "my shows". SOrry about the sick ones, HOpe everyone feels better soon and the sheets are clean! Had a great time challenging with you !

Jeniqua - yay! Another SBD buddy! I love it, I jsut need to stick with it.....that is my problem, I have committment issues! LMAO I love how motivated you are

Okay well, time to switch the laundry and get moving on this kitchen. I really didnt' get much else done,but exercise, laundry and the normal routine stuff today, dh came home for lunch so I spent a little time visiting with him before he went back to his asbestos certification class......he is bored to death with it, LOL, but it will be a great asset to his company!

Okay, everyone have a great afternoon! I will be back later to post all my daily stuff and add up my points! Tonight, dh and I are doing the desk stuff that I said we were going to do the other night that we never did! LOL! So I'll be back then!
Love to all you chickies!

MichelleRae: WHere are you at girly? Im getting worried! Hope all is well with you!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:05 PM   #14  
Shake Your Booty!

Well I exercised today!! Woohooo ! Only 20 minutes BUT it was 20 minutes more then my body has moved like that in years let me tell you my legs are hurting! I also had salad with spinach with chicken breast and shredded cheese for lunch, a few celery stick with peanut butter for a snack and 3/4 gallon of water....I'm going to have the last 1/4 gal with supper.

Penny~How cute how your baby got his name, give him big bugsy hugs!
Roxy~ If here was no TV in this house I think my kids would seriously harm each other LOL!
Michelle~YOU GO GIRL~ That is just awesome that you did that today, I'm proud of you!
Cheri~I made red beans and rice too (Zatarains) with some chicken, I'm only having a tiny spoonfull of rice though...How much further do you have to do with your pregnancy? I think its great that you trying to eat better now..I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly
Kristin~ I can't drink or eat after brushing my teeth either Nice to *Meet* you, your daughter is a little dollbaby!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:27 PM   #15  

Chrissy, it's Melissa...ME who has the Bugga bug.....lol Melmcc99 ..BTW, glad you got some exercise in.

Ok, everyone. can't stay on, but I won this weeks drawing.....How cool is that. I also noticed that JILL one it last week! JILL ...you didn't tell us and if you did I somehow missed that! Congrats. What did you get? I got the cooking light magazine. OH, that will help if I get it before the challenge ends..Probably not though. Anyway, have a great night all. going to sit with the family.