Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2000, 07:27 AM   #1  
Inchworm

I have read that sooo many of you have this wonderful grill, and how great it is to use.. I went and bought one today, and now am curious about what your favorite
things to cook on it.
thanks for your answers.

~~~~~
JOYce
Old 06-29-2000, 06:17 PM   #2  
Suzanne 3FC

I like to marinate chicken breasts and cook them on the GF Grill. I always pound my chicken flat before cooking in it, though. Does everyone do that or am I going to too much trouble?

I don't eat red meat, but my mother and my SIL cook hamburgers in theirs all the time.

My mother recently sliced yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4 inch slabs, and marinated them in fat free italian salad dressing, then cooked them on the GF Grill. It was wonderful!

Old 06-29-2000, 07:45 PM   #3  

Hi..I have a GF clone from Hamilton BEach...I never pound my chicken breast...I just preheat the grill..then put them on and wala...10 minutes they are done...And juicy...wow are they jucky...I usually use a marinade...I eat chicken breast alot since you get more for your points...It does do steaks good, and pork???Oh my gosh...I usualy buy Pork Loins and have them cut them in the middle so they are not so thick...salt, pepper, garlic powder...Now that is a treat...Enjoy your grill....

harley
Old 06-29-2000, 10:58 PM   #4  
Inchworm

YUMMM!!, Thanks harley and Suzanne.
Guess I can just work my way thru our freezer...I like the hint about the squash too, since we have a bumper crop just about to explode!

~~~
JOYce
Old 06-30-2000, 05:45 PM   #5  

I have the Hamilton Beach one also. I love it and it is part of my kitchen counter now. I use it like 4 or 5 times a week now. It is great.I like it because it is big and the top can fold down to be used as a grill.

Trinity
Old 06-30-2000, 09:32 PM   #6  
Inchworm

I did the squash last night ...it was delish!
I didn't know about the Hamilton beach model, shoulda waited to ask more questions! Oh well, I love my grill! i did the meat for fajitas last night, couldn't believe, with doing the meant and the squash, only 8 minutes cooking time!!!
thanks again for your tips.
~~~~
JOYce
Old 07-11-2000, 03:21 AM   #7  

For a bunch of Grill recipes:

http://members.aol.com/recipenook/georgeit.htm

I asked for one for my birthday so I can get to grilling this weekend!

------------------
-Jess
232.4/202.6/155
http://www.geocities.com/weigh2gone
Old 07-11-2000, 05:54 AM   #8  
Inchworm

THANK YOU, SOOOO MUCH!!!!
What yummy sounding recipes, I can hardly wait to try them.

~~~
JOYce
Old 07-23-2000, 10:22 AM   #9  

I love my GF grill too, but I have one question. What does everyone use as a marinade? I have no idea how to marinate my boneless chicken breasts which is what I cook most often. Any ideas would be really helpful. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2000, 10:25 AM   #10  

Sorry, I just scrolled down and found some great marinades for chicken. Any other ideas?
Old 01-30-2001, 09:24 PM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

Pulling Up
Old 01-31-2001, 12:01 AM   #12  

Another web site of Geo Forman recipes is nickaduck/recipes. If you can't get it from there go to auntrunnersrecipes.com and go to her list of other sites. Nickaduck recipes can be reached there. Another possibility members.aol.com/nickaducksrecipes.com There is a thread for Geo Forman grill.

In the booklet that should have come from your grill is an excellent marinade that is pretty easy.:
Mustard Lemon Marinade for Chicken
2 tabl. mustard
2 tabl. balsamic vinegar
3 tabl. lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp paprika
Mis together and marinate at least 1/2 hour. enough for 4 6oz breasts

The gal that was on W W magazine for Dec and is on the Food Channel. (can't think of her name at the moment) says to marinate your chicken breast in buttermilk.

This summer in a BBQ class they suggested to marinate your chicken in
yogurt. 1 c. plain yogurt
juice of 1/2 lemon (1 - 2 tabl.)
2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 tabl. oregano
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt.

Marinade chicken at least an hour. It will be messy on the grill but very tasty.

Never use marinade after it has been in chicken unless you boil it. After it has been boiled it would be safe to spoon over cooked food.

------------------

Ann P
Old 01-31-2001, 01:10 AM   #13  
Inchworm

Thanks Ann, for all the good tips!
guess I'll try some grilled marinated chicken tonight! I've been 'forgetting' to use the grill!
~~~~
JOYce

[This message has been edited by gmalil (edited 01-30-2001).]
Old 02-21-2002, 09:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/245/150

Height: 5ft5in

Default Greek Lamb chops

I use this grill a bit differently than most...

First of all, there was G. Forman's grill and a competitor's which was THE grill to buy. I did not buy G. Forman's grill at the time because I thought the FLAVOR CHAMBER on the other grill was better.

Hey, I was wrong and the thing eventually broke down, went out of business and remembered that the G. Forman's grill could make meat with the bone on.

I bought the Large one and the Extra large one. I decided that I needed both because sometimes at my house we are a party of 2 or a party of 5 and would need the cooking space.

This grill does more than burgers. It does the most succulent chops, ever! Veal, lamb and pork as well as steaks with the bone in.

The one recipe we all enjoy at my home is my version of Greek style Lamb chops which the scale likes, too.

First of all, you will need these ingredients:

McCormick has Mediterranean oregano... it has to say this on the bottle or you bought the wrong one!

Granulated garlic not garlic powder

Cavender which is the name of the seasoning that comes in a shaker.

any brand of seasoned salt

1 lemon

You put the dry seasonings on the meat and let it sit on the meat about 20-30 minutes. BTW, use a little sprinkle of the seasoned salt because you don't want it to take over too much.

After this, place the chops on the grill with the top open. You will be cooking like an open grill with this one.

Turn when that first side is browned and just use your judgement when it is ready by taking a peek to the middle of the meat with a small slit.

We finisk this off with a squeeze of lemon and sear each side with the lemon on by turning that last time to seal the little bit of lemon into the meat.

I always make extra so let me tell you about another idea with the leftover lamb.

We love Gyros! Just love them!!!

Buy some good pita bread so you can serve with this!

Cut up the lamb in small pieces and add this to your pita along with cut up lettuce, tomato and sweet onions like Vidalia.

We also make the sauce that you have to try!

My version is less points so try it like this...

Since you liked this lamb so much, you want to make this sauce the night before which is my Mom's version...

1-8 oz. container of ff sour cream

1-8 oz. container of ff plain yogurt

1 small garlic clove smashed

1 small sprinkle of this mediterranean oregano

1/4 cucumber cut up in small cubes

Mix this all up the night before. This will be the sauce for your WW Gyros.

I can not believe how well the G. Forman grill works for this when you are too lazy to BBQ otherwise I will do so with the hickory chips in the BBQ. That's the only thing that makes it all better.

Good luck on your purchase!

I know you'll love it just like the rest of all.

Stacy
Old 04-06-2002, 08:38 AM   #15  

Angry Bacon on the GF grill

When I get that urge for Bacon.... only 1 pt a piece, I love the way the GF Grill cooks it. Takes about 6 minutes then turn it and blot on a paper towel.

I have been cooking bacon on the microwave for years but do prefer the taste in the grill.
Closed Thread