Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 AM   #46  

wed morning time for quick hi-
dentist yesterday finishing a root canal put me to bed early but I feel rested today.

nothing going on. I'd better plan some food:
b-eggs
snack- sf yogurt
l-soup
cheese and triscuits if I want
d-taking 2 smallish steaks out of the freezer right now.

off to start the day,
dottie

hi sue!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #47  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning Dotti,
DH took the kids to school this am and I am still in my jammies at 7:30. I have to take a shower and I am working a little later today.

Not much going on otherwise, short school week, carpet in tomorrow, and I would like to take the kids to see a movie on Friday. Looks like a warm day today, in the 50's and then the cold is coming back!

-L
Old 02-18-2005, 07:12 AM   #48  

friday morning-

hi L, I am taking the DN to see Racing Stripes tonight. my DS and BIL are going out to dinner for his birthday. Hope you have fun as well!

Not much new... just coasting at work this week, it's nice to sit back a bit and do just the regular stuff- no audits on the horizon for a change.

eating isn't great this last few days...i had to finish the ice cream from MIL, but that is gone now, thank goodness.
b-sf yogurt, banana
l-beef barley soup
s-triscuits and cheddar
d-chicken and spinach

NO DESSERT FOR ME! Will be at the movies, so a diet coke will be my treat.

that's it-
have a good one!
dottie
Old 02-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #49  

Happy Friday! Yah!

Been a crazy wet, wild week. Boys have had the week off (school district just decided to throw in a week off in February. Why? Who knows - I suspect this is why school started on the unheard of date of August 11th!) but still had baseball practice (at odd times, of course) and it has been raining on and off all week so we were never sure if practice was 'on' or 'off'. Then, to make things even more confusing, I had my hair appt. to highlight/cut my semi-long hair (4 hours) on Wednesday, Cody got his braces put on yesterday and he has an eye doc appt today! I've been dashing in work for a few hours and then dashing out again.

There is supposed to be a varsity (so only Bry, not Cody will be playing - of course, Cody will probably have practice scheduled and I will have to try to figure our how to be in two places at one time again) baseball tourney Saturday-Monday but don't know how many games they will get in between rain storms.

We are going to go see the new Keanu movie Cosintine (sp) this evening - teens go for the scary stuff!

John has had a crazy week at his house too - with house guests, his boys home from school, and being sick. Needless to say we haven't been on any dates - we met at the park for a 45 minute talk on Tuesday evening but besides phone calls that was it. Maybe it will rain all weekend, baseball will be cancelled, he will get well and we can have some fun together! I'm wishing for that!

My weight is still down the 6/7 lbs. (yippee!) but I do notice that if I get disappointed, I will want to munch on something - not a good pattern but its nice to become aware of it so I can head it off.

Happy new carpet, L! How exciting! I would love to have new carpet!

Enjoy your laidback day, Dottie, I hope to have some of those next week.

Have a good day all -

Kel
Old 02-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #50  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Happy friday to you too!

Carpet looks good. It always does when it is fresh. No movie today but ther is always monday. Idid get out to run a few much needed errands. We are going into town tomorrow to see the "little prince" Opera with the kids and my Aunt. I did a big no no. In the mall I thought how great it would be to get a quick wash and blow dry for tomorrow, (my hair is long and i Don't wah it everyday) anyway it was so out od shape i let her cut it! not quite what I would have gotten at my regular place but....lesson learned!

i finished all of my auction stuff this morning so I am good for the weekend.

Dottie, I hope you enjoy the movie and the diet coke..lol
kel, I hate the funky weeks with practices at odd times. Makes it hard to do anything else and when you figure out the 2 places at once, please share, I need that trick up my sleve.
Ruth I know you are posting elsewhere, but it is getting hard to share. We have really dwindlled.

Any word from Peach Pit about how she is making out after surgery?

-off to find my family and get off the computer.
to the lurkers
-L
Old 02-19-2005, 09:24 AM   #51  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Eat the toad first!" I have a friend who always says this, she means if you have an unpleasant task this day do it first, get it out of the way. I have a major toad to eat this morning but thought I'd pop in at least once this week and say Hi!

By the way, the chicks on South Beach are not catty with each other, although we did have one person throw a hissy fit over some implied criticism! There is the usual whining and a ton of newbies so I'm pretty busy in there. I've also had a few extra MOD duties this week.

I need to go check my trapline. Did I mention I have MICE in my car! They got into the Food Bank cereals on the weekend and tackled the dog biscuits on Wednesday. Little buggers! I think they consider my car a moveable feast. I'm hoping they are living in the barn and just getting in my car for meals. If they discover the heated seats, we are doomed!

Gotta go and tackle my toad!
Old 02-19-2005, 12:15 PM   #52  

lol! I can picture mice lounging in Ruthie's car with the heated seats cranked up munching on dog biscuits!

I like the toad saying, it's just that there is a whole crapload of 'toads' here so I don't know which one to start eating first.

Sorry if I misunderstood the goings-on over at SB. I guess it was your last reference to the board as the 'South *****'. You're a good Mod, Ruth, and I bet you are helping many people there.

I agree with you, L, I miss Peachie too - I haven't seen hid nor hair of her over at WLS in quite some time.

Ok - I better go get my hair dried. Let the insanity known as 'the weekend' begin! (but I am excited that I'll be having another date with Blue-eyed John today! *grinning like a 15 year old here*)

Kel
Old 02-19-2005, 01:17 PM   #53  

hi Ruth, kel, L...and lurkers and old friends-

I got quite a picture too,Kel- the mice laying back with their feet up on the dashboard and a bowl of kibble on their bellies like popcorn.

It's just a quiet Saturday here, the first one since MIL is gone. We're puttering around and I'm moving some furniture and shelving that got changed. I have chicken thighs out for dinner and may make DH some oatmeal cookies! It's that kind of a day.

Ooooo...date night, behave your self Kel, don't catch his cold! If you are complaining next week, we will know why!

that's it for me. Just hanging out and doing nothing!
dottie