Old 02-16-2005, 03:23 PM   #1  
Fit by Forty

Cool Fit by Forty #2

Just thought I'd start a new thread for us since the other one is getting long.

I'm making a salmon dish for dinner tonight. I got it from this site. Barbeque Roasted Salmon. I'll let you know how it turns out. Plus I was watching the food network yesterday, Michael Smith at Home, he made a wonderful looking side dish.
Heat up a pan, when it's hot add some olive oil, then add in some chunky cut zucchini...carmalize or brown to your liking, then add in cut up tomato, onions, salt and pepper. Cook till tomatoes are heated through. Sounds yummy and I'm going to try to make that tonight as well. Oh the family is in for a treat tonight! LOL

Well I got my exercise in for the day....yippee! And I found a wonderful treat at the grocery store today. Not sure if guys in the states have this store but I'm sure they are in every grocery store. They are called Roasted Soya Nuts. They are so yummy. They are very crunchy so if you have a craving for some crunch, try these. Just have to watch the salt is all as they are very salty.

Anyways...I'm off to watch Dr. Phil. I'll check back in later if I can.
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #2  
Fit by Forty

Default Good morning ladies

Where is everyone this morning?
Well I'm happy to report I made it through another day with flying colours! I can't believe I'm going into day 4 and I haven't fallen off the wagon yet or called it quits!

Anyways, it's about lunch time and lord knows that I can't miss a meal so I'll come back after see if anyone else had posted for today.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #3  

Hi Kelly! Glad to see you made it through another day! How did you dinner go last night? Maybe you can share the recipe?! I'm always looking for new ideas. I got my walking in for the day and I feel pretty good. My bum is a bit sore from yesterdays pilates but I'll live. I just finished lunch myself. Salmon, broccoli slaw, apple. Not all together! =) How are you doing on your water intake? Keep drinking! I have also been wearing my pedometer this week. It has kept me motivated. I think I paid less than $4 at walmart for it. Good little tool. Hope you have a good lunch!

Lisa
mama2a&c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:08 PM   #4  
Robin

S/C/G: 225/223/160

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon. Hey Kelly, I'm now on my 4th day, too. I started yet again this week, but I'm actually doing really well. I've walked every night, plus on my breaks and during lunch at work. And I haven't eaten anything I shouldn't have, except for those Russell Stover sugar-free jelly beans. Those just messed me up.

I just ate lunch, which was a Healthy Choice entre of roasted chicken w/mashed potatoes and gravy. I also had a Blue Bunny Lite 85 yogurt. My stomach is still growling, but I'm going to wait and see if it settles down on its own. If not, then I'll eat something else that's light. And drink my water.

Good luck to everyone. Stick with it!
rtardif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #5  
Robin

Also, has anyone tried the Release system from GNC? My husband wants to try it. I tend to stay away from such things, but I haven't heard anything really negative either.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:30 PM   #6  
Fit by Forty

Well today is still going well. The sun is shining here and that's always a good thing and great motivator! I did my exercise just after lunch 30 min of WATP.

Lisa--Dinner was yummy last night. I got the recipe from this sit in the low fat part called Barbeque Roasted Salmon. It was a hit with the family! And I never had anything after dinner either! I mean...no snack before bed! That's one of the worst habits I have to break. As for water...I'm averaging 6 glasses a day. In the winter it's so hard to drink my water because it's soooo cold out.

RTF--Sounds like you are doing good eating wise. Way to go! I've never heard of the Release system before. What is it?
I'm taking 2 tablets of siberian ginsing and one a day weight smart.

I've gotta work tonight so I think I'll have a salad for dinner and not sure what protien to go with it. Probably tuna.

Anyways...I'm off. I've gotta shower yet and dd just came home from school.
Talk to you all soon.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #7  

Exclamation Eat this & not that...

Eat this instead of that

Hi all! I just posted on another thread about an article I can across in my hubby's magazine. If you have to eat out or fast food is just calling your name read over the list and it gives you some better choices.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #8  
Kim

Wink

Good afternoon ladies! Well, I slept late today to get back on night shift schedule, so I haven't exercised yet. I'm going to the circuit training class at our fitness center which starts at 5:00. I'll do an hour of cardio after that. I work 11p-7a tonight.

Kelly-Sounds like you're doing great. I'll have to try those nuts. I love all kinds of nuts. They sound delicious!

Lisa-Thanks for letting me know about the new thread. I would've never found it otherwise. How do you start a new thread on this website? I really need to invest in a pedometer. I've been saving up my UPC's from special K. Once I have 3, I get a free one. I'm on my 3rd box now. Sounds like you're doing great also. Loved that article you posted from Men's health.

Robin-You're doing great too! I've never heard of the Release system.

Hope you all have a great day. I weighed today, and my scale shows that I gained 5 pounds back while I was sick and making poor food choices and not exercising. I'm back on track now though! I had to take the angel away from my tracker, but you'll be seeing her again real soon!
kimberlydrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #9  
Robin

Quick post:

Kim: It would be cheaper for you to just go to Wal Mart and buy a pedometer there. I eat a lot of the Special K w/berries and was going to order the ped from there. Then I noticed the $6.00+ S/H charge. I found the same one at Wal Mart for under $4.00. And since I'm there every week anyway, it wasn't worth it to me to bother mailing the box tops off and then having to wait for the ped to come back. Just a suggestion.

I have my first meeting of Overeaters Anonymous tonight. (So much for the anonymous part ). I'm just curious to see how it goes. This forum is working pretty well for me, too. My mother-in-law is going, too. I'm hoping it will help her. She has had heart problems in the past, but is still overweight. Not a good mix.

Take care. - Robin
Old 02-18-2005, 10:49 AM   #10  
Kim

Smile

Good morning! Well, I just got home from work. Actually, after work I went to the fitness center and did 70 minutes of cardio. I did 30 minutes on the stairclimber, 17 minutes on the elliptical, then 23 on the treadmill (10 minutes were jogging). Then, I came home and was starving. I didn't do too bad though. I had a granola bar and a few pretzels. There was a time when I would come home from work and start binging and put away 100's of calories. I don't know why I always want to binge when I get home from work. I guess because I'm stressed and tired. I'm so glad I have you guys to vent to.

Robin- Thanks for the pedometer info. How many steps am I supposed to take each day? How did the Overeaters Anon. meeting go?

Lisa-I'm drinking my water. I probably got in 100 oz. yesterday.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #11  
Robin

Well I went to the OA meeting last night. However, it turned out to actually be a Greysheet Anonymous meeting, which I had never heard of. It's an offshoot of OA, but has a rigid diet plan that it's members adhere to and maintain a complete abstinence of everything not on their list of proper foods. That kind of diet does not work for me. I know what I need to eat and not eat, but that it's okay to occassionally treat myself to a small amount of something good. They don't focus on exercise at all, which I know should be part of all long-term dietary plans. I don't do "diets." So, I probably won't go back. My mother-in-law says she might try it, so I might occassionally go with her for moral support.

Kim: I actually quit using my step counter. It would count every slight movement as a step. I was wearing it while I was washing dishes one night and managed to take 1250 steps. I just go by distance or time.

I need to work on my water intake. Do any of you have the problem of having to make frequent trips to the bathroom from drinking this much water? I think that's the main reason I don't drink enough. I get tired of having to go so much. Overall, though, I'm still doing better than I was.

Have a great day!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #12  
Robin

Where is everyone? Oh well. I need to vent. I know that some people just don't get how hard it is for others to lose weight. But why do they have to they have to make it even worse by being inconsiderate. I've done really well all week - no sugar or sweets, at least up until this afternoon. There are only six people in my immediate office. Three thin people who can literally eat whatever they want, and the other three of us who are all at least 50lbs overweight. My boss, one of the thin ones, brought in a icecream birthday cake this afternoon for one of the other thin people. I was the only overweight one in the office at the time. They went to serve it up and I refused. I really didn't want any. The three of them gave me a hard time about it. I finally relented and told them I wanted only the smallest piece possible. I took the piece back to my cubicle, where I wasn't going to eat it, but just throw it away. As I said, I really didn't want this cake. Just as I went to throw it away, my boss said I could (meaning should) go join them at the conference table. So I ended up going over there and picked at the cake. When they saw that I wasn't really eating it, they kept giving me a hard time about it. I finally just ate the *&^$ thing to shut them up. Now, I'm pissed at myself for giving in, and pissed at them for not being more sympathetic. I can honestly say it will not happen again. Next time, I'm just going to tell them that if they don't like me trying to better my health, then they can shove it ....

The coworker, that I have a weightloss challenge with, and I just got back from a walk. He wasn't in the office while the cake was being served. So, he got lucky.

It was my 3rd walk of the day, though. I've taken three, approx 3/4mile walks today. And I will still do my 2-mile walk tonight. And I will go hiking and work out this weekend. But I'm still mad...

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #13  
Sherrie

Robin - that is sooo frustrating! I just don't understand why people have to make a big deal out of what you eat or don't eat. I'm just not sure what it has to do with them anyway. I don't know your situation at all but it sounds a bit manipulative to me. Some people like things to stay as they are. You are making healthy lifestyle changes so you are changing the dynamic. Good for you! ...and like you said they can 'shove' what they don't like!

I wouldn't do well on that Greysheet Anonymous deal either. I think this has to be individualized - all the success stories of people I know and people I read about seem to say the same thing. They taylored their plan to fit them. You're right. Listen to your body - you know what works for you.

I do find that I am running to the washroom really often when I drink more water too (sometimes every 10 - 15 minutes). The good news is that when I drink a lot of water - and I am consistent about it - it usually only takes 2-3 weeks for my body to adjust so I don't have to go as often. I hope you'll find the same...

I've done okay the past couple of days - have made some not so healthy food choices but have still managed to stay in my calorie range. My co-workers had an early birthday celebration for me yesterday and a male co-worker of mine made me a cake - poppy seed and sherry bundt cake with cream cheese glaze. My husband hasn't ever baked me a cake so the fact that my co-worker did was really touching. I stuck to a small piece but it was sooo delicious I could have easily eaten a quarter of the cake! Seriously! And then today I broke down and had chicken fingers for lunch. As I said I'm okay with calories but the fat content is a bit higher than I've been shooting for (still plenty acceptable though) and I'm still doing way better than before so that's progress.....

Have a great weekend!
Abstract927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:44 AM   #14  

Quick post for me....

Robin, there will be a lot more of those kinds of situations that come up when you start loosing weight. People will make comments like since you are loosing some weight it should be okay for you to eat the cake. It won't kill you. Just rememeber the promise you made to yourself. Always listen to your heart.

Sherrie, that cake sounds pretty yummy. It was incredibly sweet of your co-worker. Did you have a happy birthday? How are you doing with your exercising?

Kim, you are an inspiration! You are an exercising machine girl! Keep it up and you will have that angel back in no time!

Well, I'm dealing with a sick household at the moment. Hubby has flu and bronchitis and daughter ran fever of 101.7 so I'm sure she is about to break out with the flu as well. Son was sick last weekend so I'm just waiting for the shoes to drop and throw me down on the floor. I'm walking around with a can Lysol trying to stay healthy!!! I have continued to do pilates and get my walking in when I can. As for the pedometer you can adjust the counter to match your own steps. I can't remember how but it is in the instructions. You are supposed to be getting 10,000 steps a day. Some days I make it, some I miss by 6,000 steps! Just keep trying. It really makes you notice if you are being a bump on the log! My food intake yesterday was awful. My hubby only wanted to eat out. Said nothing I make sounded good! After lunch yesterday (which I couldn't eat half of) I was soooo sick to my stomach. I think my body was just rejecting the nasty food. I'll try and do better today.

Have a great day! Drink your water....walk your 10,000 steps and get some exercise in! Anything counts!

Lisa
Old 02-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #15  
Kim

Smile

Good Morning! I just got home from work. I won't be able to work out this weekend because I have my son and our fitness center is closed on weekends. I'll just have to be careful with my calories.

Robin- That is so frustrating!!! I can empathize with you because I have coworkers that are the EXACT same way. People are always bringing homemade desserts to work. That's my weakness. I've even had a coworker cut me a piece of cake and follow me around with it. Also, when I first started drinking water, I'd go to the bathroom like every 15 minutes. Even after drinking it for 4 months, I probably go every hour. It makes a huge difference though. I feel like water and exercise are what have helped me more than anything.

Sherrie- Your cake sounds delicious! I don't think I could've stopped at 1 piece though.

Lisa- Hope everyone in your family feels better. Hopefully you won't catch it.

Have any of you tried the slimfast peanut butter crunch snack bars (not the meal ones)? They are to die for!!!