View Poll Results: DO YOU HAVE AN ULTIMATE CLOTHING SIZE GOAL??
Size 6 2 13.33%
Size 8 3 20.00%
Size 10 2 13.33%
Size 12 4 26.67%
Clothing Size Doesn't Matter 1 6.67%
Haven't really thought about it 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Moms Losing Weight #49 TGIF!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:03 AM   #2  

Morning Penny! and all of you Beautiful ladies!

A quick morning post and I'm off to the gym and my many other errands. I was back down to 194 this morning. Maybe by Sunday I'll be back at the 193. Anyway, I guess we'll see. Have a wonderful day all and I'll BBL when I get back...I'll need a nap by then...lol Good luck on all the weigh-in's today.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:18 AM   #3  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning everyone! I voted! My goal is a size 12, I'll be very happy right there.
I did NOTHING yesterday, I just started feeling crappy and got worse as the day progressed..my 2yo (her name is Tori Jo) played on the PC just about all day yesterday, she played on the Wiggles website and did so good! But I did nothing, I feel bad still today, maybe I'll hold off until Monday and start the week off right..Have a great day everyone
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:20 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Talking

Hi Chrissy and Welcome! It's great to have you here!

Kristen,
Are you still doing sb? How are things going on it???

MichelleJ,
Congrats on the loss! That's awesome! Keep up the great work!

Deana,
Hope things slow down for you a little bit! Hope dd is feeling better!

Jeniqua,
Are you ready for the challenge girlie?? I know you are gonna do awesome!

Hi Kendra! And welcome! Your little one is beautiful

Chris,
How are the girls feeling today?? Hopefully better

Roxy,
I didn't realize you were still nursing! Do you find it hard to lose weight while nursing? Everyone always says you lose more while nursing but just the opposite for me... I lost 10 lbs when I quit!

Mel,
Hope you don't go crazy from all the errands today! You sound like me! LOL

Tabitha,
That is awesome about the job! I know you are gonna do well with it!

Michelle,
Thanks so much for posting all the challenge stuff last night! You are the best! I was gonna ask... is the challenges where you can pick whatever one you want for the day or are they set?

Oh and Mel, Stephanie is still around... Her hubby just left again so she is probably trying to get the house settled back down again

Anyhow, I'm running late so I better get moving! TTYL!
Old 02-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Chrissy! Start now!! You can get a jump start. You can do this and you will feel so much better about it

We are here for you!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:10 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a flyby for me. I gotta get ready and get the girls to school. Then I have to take our "pee bomb" cat to the vet to see if she has another bladder infection. Then it'll be time to pick up my mom and take her to the hospital. Today is the day. Wish her well.

All the girls are feeling a bit better. Nicole spent most of the night coughing again...But now I woke up with the sore throat. Mine won't last long. They never do. I can get the start of a cold and never get it as bad as everyone.

Okay...gotta go. I'll check back this evening when I get home.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:47 AM   #7  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning everyone!

Well today is my weigh in day and I GAINED 2lbs. for this week! No I'm not kidding, I wish I were. But while I was in the shower I went over in my mind what could be going wrong. I drink 4 cups of green tea a day, in addtion to the 100 oz.of water I drink. I am exercising more than ever (it does feel sooo good too!) and I am not cheating OP. Then I washed my face and I had a little pimple by my lip and thought to myself hormone change. Ah Ha! I am trying so hard to get ready for this challenge that I have Marty eating real food 3x a day, but guess what, I haven't cut back on my portions at all. I am not producing as much milk but didn't take into account he isn't consuming all the calories he once had to have! A light bulb moment for me! While this is not a huge weight gain I have been slow at losing lately, and if this isn't it I can't imagine why else because I have been 100% on track. Soooo, I better re-evaluate my portions and what I really need to get through the day. I still am nursing him but just for naps, night, and snuggle time. I can't believe this didn't occur to me before! Dork!

Penny-I usually gain weight while I'm nursing! I am simply ravenous! Plus after that baby leaves the belly there's more room! I do find it very difficult to lose. I do end up losing after I'm totally done. So all this weight loss for me up-to-date is good! Out of the ordinary for me, so I'm really siked to see what happens during this challenge and beyond!

Chrissy- I agree with Mel! Start with us and stay motivated it's so nice to have accountability and encouragement with the ladies on this thread!

Hi Mel- have a great workout at the gym today, you sound like you have alot going on today as well! Well this is a new start for alot of us, see you at the challenge....do you hear all those engines reving?

Chris-Uh oh! Your not getting sick are you? Hope not! Glad to hear that NIcole is a little better, there are a few nasty UP bugs going around this year!

Well, better get my ample gluteous maximus going, When (not if) I get down to my goal weight will I have a gluteous minimus?

Last edited by 1hot_tomato; 02-18-2005 at 09:57 AM.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #8  

I'm feeling great this morning. I've been eating less and exercising, and I'm down another 1.5 pounds from yesterday. I know this rate is only because I just started but losing 6 pounds already is keeping me motivated.

I tried getting onto the challenge website last night, but MSN was still acting up so I'll have to try again a bit later.

My hubby is home with me today pretending to be sick. I always used his days off as an excuse not to work out because I felt weird doing it in front of him, but not today! I am going to work out and just pretend he isn't here (or more likely, wait until he is engrossed in watching the military channel )
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #9  

Wink

Good morning! I woke up this morning so wishing it was Saturday, my baby boy was not feeling well last night and it took me forever to get him to sleep but once he was down (9:30) he didn't get up until 7 am. He usually sleeps from about 11 - 7 but he had barely any naps yesterday. So today I am exhausted only because before he fell asleep he wanted me holding/rocking him. So that went on from the time I got home from work until 9. He seems better today. I think he's teething. Poor baby.

So that also means no workout for me last night. I was disappointed but also a little glad because I needed a break. I know you really shouldn't need a break when you are trying to lose weight but my body was just plain tired. I once again have my pedometer on and I WILL get in 10,000 steps! Plus do one of my WATP dvd's after work.

It looks like it may be weigh in day around here so I weighed myself and I am down a pound -- 173. I wanted much more but hey I'll take what I can get!

When does the challenge start? I am signed up on the MSN site now but can't really figure out when everything starts.

Mel -- Hope you get your errands done and aren't too exhausted afterwards!

Chrissy -- Sending you lots of get well vibes!

Penny -- Thanks for the welcome and the comment on my little boy. He is my world!!

Chris -- I'm not sure what's wrong with your Mom but I pray that she'll be okay. -- I am like you, I never really get colds but then again I keep Vitamin C lozenges by me 24/7.

Roxy -- I was the opposite -- I lost weight while nursing. But then again I wasn't eating very much either, I was always so exhausted (hemoglobin problems). I hope you find a solution. Very funny -- gluteous minimus. I hope to achieve that one day!

Michelle -- Congrats on your loss! That's wonderful! Ignore the hubby, I do mine, I just pop that dvd in and go to town!!

Well baby boy is sleeping so it's a great time for me to move my caboose and do some walking down the halls. I will check back in with you all later. Have a fabulous day!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #10  
**Kristin**

Morning gals! The challenge sounds great!

Michelle, thanks for getting all that together. I like how we keep track all ourselves for what we do !! I can't wait to start. I have never paypaled money to anyone, let me know how to do it! LOL! I am still a little computer stupid at times!

To all the rest of you, HELLO !!! Here is my to do list today:
1. shower, and pin curl hair
2. laundry, laundry, laundry!
3. clean off and dust bedroom furniture
4. pick up dd bedroom
5. clean off kitchen counters
6. organize desk while dd is napping

Its alot, so I better get started. The rest of the house looks pretty good so far. I am glad to have that done, now its just the odds and ends...and good lord, the endless laundry. I only ended up getting 3 loads done yesterday after all!

I had 2 eggs and a small glass of O.J. (all natural) for breakfast. I am going to "restart" SBD on sunday I think. I think I am going to combine that with counting calories. SO eat SBD, but only 1500 calories a day. Okay dog has to go out and I need to get started, so ta-ta for now! TTYL! I'll be back when dd lays down!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm back...
I have a few minutes to spare before I have to get my mom.

Kendrea-The challenge starts this Sunday (the 20th). And you were wondering about my mom. She has cancer of the uterus. So today they are doing surgery to remove the works and biopsy it to see if the cancer has spread beyond her uterus. I'm praying not. If it has, then she has to do radiation.

Roxy-I'm with you...I'm up a pound and its just a fact of life here for me. It's getting close to TOM and I retain some serious water. Dang those hormones! I had a sore throat this morning but seems to be disappearing. I think its just from that stupid post-nasal drip stuff.

Kristin-Glad to see you so excited for the challenge. This will be a fun one I think.

CHelle-You're hubby's playing hooky. For shame... Mine's coming home to play hooky too so that I can go to the hospital.

Hi Chrissy! Are ya not feeling good either?

Melissa-Hey! I see you have a busy day planned. Have fun at the gym....

Michelle-Hey BLC manager person. Thanks for setting up the challenge. I think this one will go smoother after getting the kinks worked out of the first one.

Gotta go...Nicole says she gotta "puke". Love her lingo. She justs gets coughing so much and can't stop. Poor honey.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:31 PM   #12  
Shake Your Booty!

Yall are so nice.....I am so bad, I ate 2 peanut butter cups...BUT on a good note I did buy the atkins diet thing today while I was out, it came with 2 vids, so my oldest daughter can watch with me, she is overweight too and it has a meal plan etc so I'm gonna do it..but I already screwed up today. But I'm drinking water and no chips with lunch that was a big plus for me.
Chris - I feel awful, but it will pass, I'll be back to normal by Sunday I think.
Kendrea - hope the baby is feeling better soon! I hate when kids are sick, it makes me sad.
Roxy & Penny - thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. What a great group of people I have found here, I am thankful!

Well off to read my Atkins book and vacuum....then re-register for flylady, I used to do that all the time but then stopped, motivation motivation, gotta keep doing things to keep me busy.

TTL
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hello Chatty Women!

I was just chatting with Jeniqua... Hope you feel better soon!!! hugs!

I was telling her that we have had two train wrecks here in our town since sunday... both fatalities.... I'm bad news huh? lol

The first one was a dad with two daughters, 6 and 8 and the mom was in her car behind them and saw the whole thing!!! OMG, I just get chills!
Well anyhow, they are doing a benifit dinner for them tomorrow so I
volunteer to bake two sheet cakes to go in the boxed dinners.

Anyhow,
Chris,
I am keeping your mom in my prayers!!! Please let us know when you hear some news!

Kristen,
Sounds like you are a busy bee today! I am with you! I am starting South Beach. I was on it last year and did wonderful... Not even sure why I stopped b/c I loved the plan.

Roxy,
Sorry about the gain! You can get that off! You can do it

Kendra,
I went to approve your membership but somebody did Great! Hope you join the challenge!

MichelleJ,
Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!WOOHOO!

Well,
I am finishing the cakes and gonna go walk. It is a beautiful day here!

TTYL!
Old 02-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #14  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Had to jump in on your poll as I find it an exciting question, but have no idea how to answer. I have never been smaller than a 13 since reaching adult height, so I don't even know how much I would have to weigh to get into a 10 or 12! Sure looking forward to finding out though!
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #15  

Chrissy, sometimes we all need a day to do nothing! I mean it! I wish I could do that right NOW.!

Roxy, sorry about those 2 lbs. You are probably right though about those Hormones. Since that little guy isn't eating as much you proably have milk stored up too. OH and I remember feeling hungry about 5 minutes after nursing like CRAZY. I gained while nursing as well. I even got my period 6 weeks after abigail and was exclusively nursing. Hey what's in it for me...??? Other than having a healthy little one, which was of course the reason for nursing. I expected a perk for me to ya know?

Chris, I had a cat that did that once. The vet told me to keep it in the bathroom for a period of time to teach it to only go in it's box. Ya know, because they won't go in there territory. Silly thing still didn't stop. I had to return him to the shelter and It broke my heart. THat's where I got em' . THey don't put down there. Sorry Nicole coughed all night. Poor thing! Hope she is feeling better. GOod luck at the vet. BTW, today is Mom's surgery right? Please let us know how it goes. I'm praying for her.

Michellej. CONGRATS!!!!! 6 lbs from last week is AWESOME. Keep up the good work.

Kendrea, hope you little one is feeling better! You'll get some exercise in today. Otherwise, I'll come get cha'

Kristin, how much does the cleaning lady get pd? Pay here is pretty bad...lol. I've been working on the house for days and still can't seem to make it feel Clean and tydied up. So glad you are joining the challenge again. You can do it!!!

Penny, that's awful news about the train wrecks!!!!! Have fun being betty crocker though. R u bakin' them today?

Chrissy, just start now, no more PBC's
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote