Old 02-17-2005, 07:33 AM   #1  

Cool Moms Losing Weight #48 Thursday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #2  

Morning Everyone! Well, It was an ok night. I actually got to spend a small...very small amount of time with dh. I'll take it though. I got the kids to bed by 830ish and he was on a phone call till almost nine. He was asleep by 930. We talked while hangin out on the couch about a book I was reading while he was on the phone.
ON a frustrating note........I was 195 this morning. WHAT THE H? I can't figure it out. I'm eating fine and doing the cleanse and working out. I don't understand it at all. Here everything was going so well. I even drowned myself with water yesterday. Oh well. The gym is calling me to it this morning for a heavy cardio workout! I did cut back on my intensity this week, but my god, how hard must I really work. It's nuts! I guess I'll have to go back to my 1 1/2 hour -2 hour workouts again. And I'm almost out of training. I only have 2 left. I need a self whippind device, so when I'm doing my weight training and don't do it enough or with enough intesity it cracks and puts me into full swing!

So, what's on everyone agenda for today? I have more laundry and some more cleaning to finish up around 1130 est if anyone wants to fly. Michelle and I were flying together yesterday and I got sooo much done!

Have a great day all....bbl
Old 02-17-2005, 07:54 AM   #3  
Shake Your Booty!

Can I jump in here? I'm Chrissy, 39 SAHM, 2 girls 13 & 2 and a son 9, married for 5 years but together for 9....I am not on any plans but intend to drink more water and eat less (stop snacking with the kids) and start to exercise.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #4  

ChrissyL, Welcome. Of course you can join us! THis is a wonderful group. Hop right in when ever your feel. I'm Melissa SAHM of 2 ages 4.5 and 2.5
Old 02-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #5  
**Kristin**

GOOD MORNING! I am heading over to G_mas house today, to help do thank yous and go through stuff for a while...as promised, I will be back this afternoon to catch up and get personal! JUst wanted to pop in and say thank you and (((hugs))) to everyone once again! Thanks for all of your kind words! I don't remember who said it, but NOW is the time for ME ME ME !!! I am giving myself through the weekend to get totally caught up on all the happeneing and stuff at my house that has been neglected for a month or more ( the mail, laundry, dusting, carpet cleaning, etc) and then Sunday is the new challenge right???? I am ALL ABOUT THAT!!!! I am ready to "pick up where I left off" and get moving! THanks for the help ladies, your the best!
Love to ya'll! Welcome newbies!
TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:34 AM   #6  

Good morning, all. I weighed myself today and I've lost 5 pounds in the past week so I was happy... off to a good start!

It's that TOM now, and I have cramps kicking in like I can't believe so I'm going to take some Tylenol, wait for it to kick in, and get my butt on the bike.

I have to say, using the Fit Day PC yesterday really helped get me on track and made me resist those snacks I was craving after dinner. Of course, now I can see in writing that I am a total carb-aholic.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

DUCK !!! FAT LADY FLYING LOW

Incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I cn't get personal right now, we still have so many things to do to get ready for the banquet on Saturday night! I have to be at the center where we are having it by 11 and still have phone calls to make before I can leave, not to mention dealing with dd's needs She is feeling better but didn't go to preschool all week.

I'll try to check in later, no promises. I may not be here at all until Sunday. BTW, I should be getting my digital camera back this morning, it's tracking on the truck ready for delivery .

I want to join the challenge, what's the deadline to sign up? What are the daily chellenges? I checked the site and they weren't there yet. Just wondering.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:22 AM   #8  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies! Today I have a full house of kids. Tonight I plan to go to the gym again. It's at a high school so it's only open from 5:30-8:30 Sunday-Thursday. The gym is also open 6:30-7:30 Mon-Fri. but I start watching kids at 6am. I plan to stay OP today too!

Mel~ You're probably building muscle! Keep pushing yourself along..you can do it!! What is flying?? I saw that by your name the other day on yahoo. Have fun at the gym!!

ChrissyL~ Welcome!! My name is Jeniqua, I'm 28 and a SAHM to 3. Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4 and JT 2. Join in!

Kristin~ YAY!! you're back with us!! You're going to ROCK in this challenge, I can feel it. Are you ready to Rock and Roll??? Welcome back!

Chelle~ That's wonderful news!! I would be doing a happy dance right about now if I were you..LOL!! You're well on your way. Keep up the FANTASTIC job!!

Okay, I probably missed someone while I was typing, so I'll be right back
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #9  
Jeniqua

Hi Deana! I am sooo glad you're joining the challenge!!! Yay!! Enjoy your day.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:28 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies. Well I guess I should post a few details about myself.

My name is Kendrea, I've been married to my husband Frank since August 1997 and we just recently had our first baby (a boy) named Frank IV in November 2004. I am 31 yrs. old and work as an office manager for an alarm/sound company in North Carolina. Luckily I am able to bring my son with me to work everyday!! I am 4'11" and up to 174 lbs. So you can only imagine what kind of rolie polie I look like. I am currently doing the WATP dvd's and trying my best to eat better.

Now that's out of the way -- I am off to a good start this morning, have had my blueberry yogurt. I brought fish/rice/broccoli for lunch but my Mom has called and wants me and the baby to come have lunch with her and I fear it will be Mexican. So that means lots of extra walking throughout the day!

I hope you all have a wonderful OP day and get that caboose moving!!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Looky here. I'm playing hooky today. Kayla is so stuffed up and Nicole is coughing so much that she throws up. What fun! At least I get to ditch out of work for the day.

ChrissyL-Welcome! Welcome! I had to giggle when I saw your avatar...The wiggles are on as I type right now and they just got done with a Captain Feathersword song. Anyhow...I'm a Chris too. I'm mainly a stay at home mom of 3 girls. Tiana is the oldest (11 yrs), then is Kayla (5) and finally my holy terror...Nicole (2 yrs). I'm a native to Montana and destined to never leave. I'm currently on Phase 2 of South Beach and doing okay. I have rheumatoid arthritis, which makes being a mom kind of difficult at times.

Kendrea-Love your name! You're little one is a cutie too. I used to take Kayla to work with me when she was a baby too if I had no other choice. It had the makings of an interesting day. Now I only work 2 days a week... I work for my dad so its no problem.

Melissa-Don't fret, girl! I'm up a bit too. Darn stuff. I'm getting close to TOM so I could possibly be retaining some water or it could be that diet pop I drank. Too much sodium? Possible. I had my South Beachie breakfast though and feel ready for the day. Restocked the cupboards last night with food and ready to roll.

Well the stuffed up club is crabbin at me. Time to get off and settle them all down.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning dear friends-

Well, I working out my fat belly and muscles with my chicometric workout. It's still so darn hard for me cause of my blubber belly. Awwww! Now I'm going to do the WATP workout so I can pop in the shower.

Hi Kendrea- nice to get to know you. You are about the same height as Jeniqua. I love WATP she is so sensible in her approach to exercise! Watch out for Mexican food! See if they can make you a Taco salad with no dressing! My baby is almost 10mos. old. I am still nursing a bit while weaning.
He has nine other sibs, so he has alot of attention. Did anyone explain the challenge to you yet? I can't remember if it was you or Chelle who asked.We had our first challenge almost 10 weeks ago. The challenge last for 8 weeks. This is a loss challenge, of inches and pounds, having daily challenges (eg. 50 situps or oz. or water to drink) to give additional bonus points. This is done seriously for our benefit but also in good fun. This is not in anyway endorsed by 3fc, we have our own site for this that is private so we can post pics that are not in open forum.If you choose to enter the challenge you need to ask the moderator of the site to enter as it is private. Everyone of the challengers puts up 10$ so the winner can have a nice shopping spree for the new better fitting clothes! Everyone does discuss the challenge here to encourage everyone and keep up with those who have not entered to keep up with what's going on. More details are provided on the MSN site.

Hey Jeniqua-you are really ready for this challenge aren't you?! Hey don't listen to those Doritios calling for you from the pantry! Have a great workour today.

Hey my evil twin- I'm glad you are going to do the challenge too! Don't laugh when you see my full body picture! Okay, you can laugh, just don't laugh too hard! Have a great day! I'll let you get back to your sexretary work.Hope that dd is feeling better.

Hi Mel- glad you had a few minutes with dh last night, beats blowing air-kisses at each other when you pass! I also am at some kinda stall. Argh! I feel thinner, but well, you know! Just makes ya wonder sometime doesn't it?

Chelle- WTG on the 5lb loss!! that's a great start!

Kristin- are with us? You are right You first for awhile! We're here for ya!

Chrissy-welcome! I'm Roxy, mom to 10. You have come to a great thread of wonderful women! Let us get to know you and have a great itme losing weight!

Well, I don't want to blow anyone off by not getting personal but I will bbl and catch up, I been on too long!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:58 AM   #13  

fly by from me.......... Hello everyone! I guess I'm not the only one with the scale struggles. Ok well, the challenge is starting soon, so we'll be able to really push. I did get a great workout in today. 1 1/2 hours at the gym. My challenge for myself was to run for 5 minutes at 5mp. I DID IT! I also did 35 on the Arch trainer ...those two I burned 480calories. Plus I did about 45 of weight training. I pushed. I was my own trainer today...

Jeniqua, flying is cleaning. flylady.com ...we were cleaning for a half hour then chatting for 10minutes and cleaning and chatting and so on.

Ok everyone else. I need to take a bit of a break. That workout wiped me out a bit. BBL

Hey DEANA, Roxy, chris, Michellej, and anyone I missed.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #14  
I will suceed!!!

Okay, I have a question about the challenge. The 10 dollars, that is supposed to be paid at the start of the challenge, I can't pay it until Monday, the 21st. I don't have a Paypal account, and don't have a checking account. Can I just mail it to someone? And still start the challenge? Does the challenge start this Sunday? My e-mail is [email protected] someone please let me know about that. Thank you so much. I am really really looking forward to the challenge. I have a webcam that I can take pictures with. (The scale pic will be interesting, but I will just weigh myself next to the computer and have h take the pic.) I have been sick so much for the past few weeks, that I need the accountability of the challange to get back into the habit of exercising!

OH, btw, the newspaper sales job, I start training for that this weekend. What I am going to do, is work at the newspaper and save the money to pay for the fees and everything to get licsensed to sell the AFLAC insurance. Which is what I really want to do. I get to call the caseworker at Texas Workforce Solutions, and tell them that I have a job, and another great opportunity, so I don't need the WIA program at this time, and hopefully won't need it. I am really excited about this. Things are starting to happen for me, and it's great. The income potential with both jobs is great. But only one of them, do I feel I can turn into a career. Having the job now, after a couple of weeks, when we have an idea of what my income will be, my h will be moving out. We are seperating, cause right now, we are fighting more than we aren't and it's just getting stressful. Anyway, it is now time to clean the apartment. I'll bbl.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #15  

Tabitha, I don't think it will be a problem. If you mail the money to me or Michelle on Tuesday morning. As long as we have it by the end of next week. I will talk to Michelle to be sure! Then one of us will PM you our addy.