Old 02-15-2005, 09:07 AM   #1  

Default "The Little Easter Chickies" challenge

Hi everyone!

this is a group that was started by Dena around Christmas time- "the merry christmas challenge" and then recently we were under "the valentinies".
we have met some very supportive, encouraging women along the way and we're always looking for more- so feel free to join!

Easter is March 27th this year- 5 weeks and then the rest of this week.

Pick a goal and a way that you're going to achieve it. we measure our sucesses on Mondays.

I'll start- I need to keep drinking my water- I've noticed more frequently I don't drink it all during the day. Continue going to Curves every day (they're having a bridal shower for me today!) and continue to eat healthy (might have a couple of speed bumps along the way with the KK cake and honeymoon room service)
Because I have all these things coming up- I want to be realistic in my goal and say 5 lbs for me. down to 170.

anyone else?
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:01 AM   #2  

thanks Bonnie- Chris did very good for v-day: got a teddy bear, a pot of purple tulips (my fav and we can replant them next year!), and a balloon delivered to my work from him. the card said "can't wait until you're Mrs. Sxxx" I wrote a poem in the paper "Love Lines" they call them- I did that for him last year too and he laminated it.

for the valentine challenge I was at 183 and I said I wanted to lose 8 lbs to 175 and I did it as of 2/10- a few days before hand (good thing because TOM came last night and I'm bloated today and it showed on the scale )

Thanks for reminding me "No matter how much travel, etc., I do, that is no excuse for not losing!" but a girl has got to enjoy her honeymoon too- I will not go all out but I am going to indulge in a few things I haven't eaten forever! and then back to Curves when I get back!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #3  

Default Hello, ladies

I am definitely up for the Easter challenge! I did not meet my goal for the v-day challenge-lose between5-10 pounds. However, I did lose 4.5 so I won't complain.

Here are my goals:
Exercise 5-6 days a week (fell off wagon during recent illness)
64 oz water a day
no sweets-exept natural, like fruits
lose 5 pounds

Kandice-I sooo agree w/Bonnie: it's your honeymoon, sweetie. Enjoy! Besides, I'm sure you'll find some interesting ways to exercise while on your honeymoon!

Bonnie-ITA about being good while traveling. I have a weekend trip coming up soon and I am determined to behave myself! There really isn't any excuse, is there? Most hotels have gyms on their facilities nowadays.

I know the no sweets might sound drastic but I have other health reasons besides weight loss that inspired that goal.

Well, ladies-good luck! Glad to see another challenge started. Thanks for picking up the ball, Kandice.

Talk to you soon!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #4  

Kandice, thanks for starting the new challenge. I agree with everyone: ENJOY your honeymoon. It's not the time to be counting carbs.

My Easter goal is 7 pounds.

Good luck to everyone. We can do it!

Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:52 AM   #5  

I'm definitely going to eat- I've heard all the wonderful stories about the food while you're on a cruise- 17 more days! going to book our shore excursions today- swim with the dolphins and a snorkeling trip. Chris wants to do parasailing- I almost went a couple years ago in Myrtle when we were there for my birthday- but can't make the commitment to go- that's so high up! I should do it this time for him though.

congrats bonnie on the next lb! 8 months- that's wonderful!

I went from 170 (new low) on Saturday (naked at home) to 175 yesterday and then I'm 174 today. Blame it on TOM- all the salty foods... Hopefully after this week I'll get back down and weigh 175 again on the curves scale.... but just going to keep going along- and drinking my water!!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #6  

Default Good morning, ladies

How's it going for everyone? Things here are good. I walked 4.5 miles yesterday and blasted off w/Richard Simmons this morning. So, getting back in the swing of things w/exercise. I missed it while I was sick but it sure is easy to get out of the habit, isn't it?

You guys, I'm already having a hard time w/the commitment I made to not have any sweets between now and Easter! Ugh. It's going to be a long five weeks. I've been replacing my healthy WW desserts w/fruit so I'm sure I'll be okay. I've been pretty liberal w/sweets lately. Even though they were "good for me" sweets like WW, thin crisps, etc. They were still sweets. I guess my body is rebelling against the sugar withdrawal!

Kandice-sounds like Chris and you are going to have a very memorable honeymoon. Well, I'm sure it would be memorable anyway b/c you'll have each other! But planning day trips, etc will help add to your memories. I would love to try parasailing! Maybe I'll put that on my reward list for reaching my goal weight. I've always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride as well. Another option. Way to keep your chin up about your bouncing weight. I'm sure things will even out after your TOM.

Bonnie-congrats on the lb! Way to go. Be safe while you're traveling.

Gotta run. Have a great day.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:18 PM   #7  
Trying again.

Can I join? I was waiting for the Valentines one to end since I came in to late to join.

My current weight is 216, my goals are:

Work out at least 30 min a day 5 or more days a week.
Drink 64 plus oz a day of water.
Loose 5 lbs.

73toloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #8  

Welcome 73tolose! This is a wonderful group, and you’ll find a lot of support here.

Skinnybutt, I’ve been having a craving for sweets, too. Am--trying--to--resist--.

Bonnie, congratulations on your pound lost and on 8 months of healthy eating. Good for you!

Kandice, I have always wanted to swim with dolphins. I can’t wait to hear about it when you get back.

I woke up this morning wondering why it is so easy to gain weight, and so hard to lose it. Wouldn’t it be nice if it were the other way around?

Have a good day, everyone.

Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #9  

Skinny- WTG with the exercising! I would love to go on a hot air balloon ride! Every year there's a big hot air balloon festival in my parents home town- been like 15 years now (we always had to work at it because my dad was big in the youth rec program and he signed us up to pick up trash!)

73tolose- of course! welcome to the group! what kind of exercising are you doing?

Flora- I'll have pictures I'm sure! (of the dolphins and my skinny body in my bikini!) I can really honestly say- I'm excited to wear a bathing suit and bikini- I know I look good, I'm there with my HUSBAND...
and if you invent a way for it to be easy to lose- I'm right there with you! the weight didn't come on overnight, but it sure was a "good" time back then though- eating what I wanted to, when I wanted to, not having to worry about meals for the day...
Not going back to that though- after the wedding and the recpetion in June is over, we're going to have a yard sale to sell all of our old pots and pans and dishes and I think I'm going to put some of my old clothes in there too.

oh and my shower at curves- it was today instead... Got a set of dishes (not ones we registered for, but still ok), a gift card from 2 of them and from the owner a certificate for 3 months of curves (I'll take it! 3 months that the fee won't come out of my checkbook! she said most likely they'll just do 1 credit and then still take it out, but it all evens out in the end). it was small obviously- just the 4 of them, but it was still nice to have it.

enjoy the rest of the day!
Old 02-16-2005, 01:43 PM   #10  

Default I'd like to join too

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if I could join your Easter challenge. I have been reading some of your posts and it looks like many o fus are heading to the same place as far as our goals are concerned. I am a verrrrrry slooooow loser and could really use the challenge to help keep me motivated.

My Easter Goal is to lose 5 pounds!

Thanks!
Zeta3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #11  

Hi julie! welcome!
what's your plan for the 5 lbs? I see you just started- did you start a diet/ exercise?

anyways- welcome! look forward to getting to know you!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #12  

Default Hello, my friends!

73 and Julie- welcome,welcome, welcome! You're certainly in the right place for encouragement and good advise. Welcome aboard. Be sure to keep us updated.

Florafae-I have a friend who said I'm crazy for giving up sweets! But I've done it before so I know I can do it. The first test will be tomorrow evening. My oldest DD has a band concert and we're going out w/some friends afterward. But I will be a good girl and get my coffee/cappucino. Partly b/c I know someone here will probably ask me if I was good!

Kandice-sounds like a nice little shower you had. How many more on the horizon? There's a hot air balloon race the next town over from us and we watch it almost every year. There's just something relaxing about watching them. It seems that it would be like escaping from the world for a while. Boy, I really want a ride now!

Bonnie-I just keep envisioning myself healthy and slim and back in sizes I haven't seen for a while. I told my family about my "under 200 before my bday" goal and they are behind me 100%. It helps so much. DH said-I know what I'll have to buy you for your bday-smaller clothes! I told him he needed to start saving!

Last edited by skinny_butt; 02-16-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:42 AM   #13  

skinny- 15 more lbs- I'm sure you'll get to your goal of 200 for your bday!

1 more shower that I know of- at work next wednesday. (I asked for a set of tfal pots and pans that a group could go in on together and was talking to a coworker this morning about wanting to return something and chris said with the return we could get the pots and pans we want. and she said we better not!) so I guess the accounting group went in on the pots and pans for us. that's nice.

Not going to curves today- I pulled my hamstrings a couple days ago and I'm really tight- I went yesterday because I thought the exercise would be good for them and loosen them up when I stretched and everything. But today I'm even tighter- it hurts to bend over and pick up anything off the floor- I kinda have to squat- what a sight! I know I'm getting older- but I didn't think at 24 1/2 I'd be this bad!

anyways- I'll check back later on- pretty quiet day at the office today. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #14  

Default Good morning, ladies!

Hope everyone is having a great health day. Things here are good. I didn't drag my sorry patootie out of bed to exercise this morning but will exercise before bed tonight. I have GOT to start getting in bed earlier!

Kandice-Sorry to hear about your hamstring. Hope you're better soon. Gotta be all healthy before your wedding! You think 24 1/2 is bad, wait until you get my age-37! Don't get me wrong, I love being 37. To me, birthdays are truly just numbers. But, as you get older you find more and more aches in places you were never even aware of before! My DH turned 45 last week and he's moaning about all the aches and pains that come with getting older. I love that he's 7 years older than me b/c I can tease him about being an "old man". I always tell him when I get older, I'll understand his pain but I'm just not that sympathetic right now b/c I can't relate. This earns me the evil eye from DH. I just love that man of mine. We have so much fun together. Thanks for your words of encouragement about my 15 pounds. I'm sure it will come off quickly if I do what I'm supposed to do!

Bonnie- congrats on your weight loss! You're doing great and an inspiration! Thanks for your concern for me re: giving up sweets. As long as I can have a cappucino every now and then, I'll be okay. I've had to give sweets up completely before b/c sugar totally aggrevates my endometriosis. I've had too many sweets lately and it made my TOM rather difficult this month. If I were to say I'm giving up my cappucino's, then you'd have to worry! But I do appreciate your insights/concern. That's why I love this board so much. It's good to get an objective opinion on things sometimes. So, thank you!

Have a great day, ladies. Thanks so much for being here. You help more than you can know! C-ya later.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #15  
Shake Your Booty!

OK i'm gonna try this, I would LOVE to be 5 lbs thinner (of course would love to be 58 lbs thinner! LOL) by Easter...I am NOT going to indulge in my very favorite black jelly beans And I will steer clear of candy and drink more water.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote