Old 02-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #1  

Default Anyone tried Leslie Sansone's "You Can Do..." Series?

Hi there,

I have really been getting into this excerise thing! I've got the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tapes that I've been doing for a while now. I"ve worked my way up to being able to do the 3 mile walk without keeling over. I like the WATP tapes because they are so easy to follow, plus I can kind of customize to how much time I want to spend exercising (by doing either the 1, 2, or 3 mile walk).

Since I liked these so well, I decided to borrow Leslie Sansone's "You can do..." series from my library. I go "You Can Do Yoga" today...pilates and abs are on hold for me, but not in yet.

Has anyone here tried these? I did the Yoga one tonight, and found it to be pretty good. I've done some yoga before, but not a whole bunch, so her very basic level introduction to some of the most common poses is good for me. I don't feel like I got a work out though....more like I just had a good stretch.

So, I think I might try to do this (or other) yoga tapes on the day when I"m not walking. I've been trying to do at least 10 miles of walking a week, and for the past three weeks I've achieved that goal, so it is really becoming a habit now. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these tapes and how they use them in their workout routine?

Thanks!
LuvHamsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I have the yoga one, but she was wrong about me,..

I cant do yoga,..LOL
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:41 AM   #3  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Oh, Heather ~ that made me smile. It makes me think of the other morning at work ~ one of the ladies was stretching her back, and said that she hadn't gotten on her ball and stretched this morning. I got this mental picture of myself trying to do that, and I had to laugh ~ I would probably fall off the darn thing and hurt myself.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

LOL u2 are funny.
I hadn't even heard of that series. Now I'm going to have to see if our library has those so I can check them out.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #5  

I just got You Can Do Pilates and You Can Do Abs (which uses a stability ball) from my library today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do one of these tonight....I'll report back with what I find out...
Old 02-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #6  

So I did the "You Can Do" Abs dvd this morning...and it was okay. That's it..just okay. Leslie uses a stability ball to do the core exercises. I already have a ball (as I am a sucker for every new fitness device), so it was nice to get some new ideas for how to use it. There are 3 portions to the DVD...the first one just shows you what the moves are. The second portion is the workout. The third portion is an upper body workout. All together, the entire dvd is about 33 minutes. Obviously, the workout section is not long. I think it lasted about 5-8 minutes.

The bottom line is that is did help me work my abs, but I wouldn't count it as my workout for the day. It may be a good addition to some cardio work. It was nice to see someone else work out on the ball, which gave me a better idea of what I should be doing with it. All in all...I"m glad I got it from the library and did not buy it!