Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Chit Chat #112

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Please feel free to join us.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Jenn - I started this thread and then went back to close the other one, & saw where you ended it, lol. So I went ahead and closed it. After thread #50 was recently brought up out of nowhere, I've been closing the old ones as we're through. Thanks though! Next time I'll just close it later if someone wants to start a new thread. No problem at all!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Thanks for the valentines card Jane. I wanted to make sure I said that before the weekend started.

Wish you all a good weekend and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...
Old 02-11-2005, 09:23 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

You're most welcome, Susie Q!! Did you ever find out who sent the roses?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:29 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Hi again Jane -

Most likely a resident that admires me - go figue - lol. I don't know. I will take them to the girls tonight and they can enjoy them.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #6  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Unhappy

Cristi - Sorry about the avatars not working! I tried so many before I got Bert to look normal that I know what you are going through.

Ellen - That Vet really sounds like a rip off... I had 2 kittens (the ex-bf took them when we went our seperate way ).... I got the both fixed (1 spay/1 neuter) for $86 total and I got them declawed for $116... So $101 each kitten... Is there an animal advocates near you? That's where I got them fixed and it is definitely worth looking into.

Katy - Sounds like a real good day to me! Sorry the show was a disappointment!

Marti - I got your addy, thanks!

Susan - Poor Gaby! I'm sure she'll forget about it soon enough... Thank you so much for the compliment! You ladies really flatter me!

Jane - WOOOHOOO!! Tell me the time and place to meet up for the trip and I'll be there with bells on Seriously though.... I hope you take lots of picture when you go to share with all of us!

Alright ladies... I think I'm gonna head to bed even though it is only 9:30...I'll check in tomorrow, Goodnight all!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

woa......where do I post?? lol

You working overtime tonight Jane & Jenn??

You are welcome Jenn, you really are very pretty.

Got an email from Mike sending recent pictures of himself. He says for Gaby but in my cynical thinking he tries to compete with Gaby in attention. Silly thinking? I mean,........

My arguement ( I didn't go to Perry Mason school for nuthin ) is that .....he really hasn't changed that much in a year.
Gaby's picture shows a huge difference - because she is growing up and while Mike NEEDS to grow up......lol.

Also, Gaby's were taken because she is turning 3....

So, I might just delete........it's not like I don't have pictures of the 2 of them together.....

blah - blah.......

best get back to work......
Old 02-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #8  

Hello one and all,

Guess what?.....No really guess what?? Yep. That's it. But not to fear. I have no time to write to everyone since you alll have been Miss Chatty Cathys since last i wrote .I don't care if the page turned and I didn't write what you said down to reply like Ms. Jane told me to. Nope! Don't care because Jane is taking me to Ireland. Jenn has to plan her wedding and I can take shorthand, change bandages, serve drinks, make beds, and speak Irish???? Yep, I sure can. So you all keep turning these bloomin pages when you hear me comin but I'm goin to Ireland.

Marti~ Don't know the history but it sounds as if you are really going thru alot. Hope it all works out for you. Nothing that has to do with courts is ever really good. The lawyers always seem to be the biggest winners. My girlfriend is an attorney and she's the first one that will tell you it's true. Good luck.

Ellen~ Golly moses, you sound like you have a pound at your house. I bet people know how kind you are to pets and drop them off purposely knowing you'll take them in. We have charges here of 50.00 to be spade and 90.00 for declawing.
By the way your suggestion about having a divorce is a hoot. I surely wish I could do that but these people aren't as Jaded as we are and loved their mates. Even if they didn't they would never get a divorce. They look at me when I say something about an ex as if I were a relative of Satan. LoL
I want to see some more of your poetry before we have to pay to buy it in a book.

Jenn~ Gp girl with the weight loss. I am so jealous but love that you're succeeding. Haven't seen your pics but will look this weekend when I have time.Did see you in your gown and you look fantastic and SMALL.

To everyone else a warm hello. Sorry but I am beat tonight. I'll talk to everyone tomorrow. My 31/2 hr. day turned into 10at work. One call off after another. Didn't know if I was an aide, receptionist or activity coordinator. I guess all since I was answering phones, changing depends and playing balloon tennis. Goodnight Diane
Old 02-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Well, here I am again!

Just trying to keep up with the posts. Although, I will fall far behind come the weekend. Not sure how much time I will be spending on the 'puter. I am kind of looking forward to the rain because I plan on a nice quiet weekend at home. Except for Mass on Sunday possibly. I have been a bad girl and haven't gone for a few weeks. I did find a border at Home Depot tonight, really pretty and BIG! I think it will be a nice touch in the dining area. Of course I am having second thoughts now. Need to take it out and tape a strip up to see if I like it on the green paint. It is white with lilac and green, may not match. We'll see...

Susan~good thing Rocky didn't like that someone else sent you flowers...sometimes a little jealousy is good. Just had a thought...maybe it was Mike who sent them???? Nah...my money is on the russian.

Jenn~yeah, sometimes those avatar are a pain. I don't see the difference because some of the ones I have used are big like yours of Bert and for some reason it will not take these others. Oh well...I'll keep trying.

Katy~for some reason I thought you had been here longer than a year. Bet you guys can't wait to get started on the expansion of your house. I would be so anxious. Heck I am getting anxious about Spring getting here to do yard work.

Well, guess that's all I have for now. Nighty, night ladies.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 02-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Mike??????? I don't think so.

Honestly it was just a dozen pink roses left at the office door. They could have been for my boss for all we know.

Though I like the idea of a Russian Beau or would that be an Irish Beau????? or a Japanese Beau????

Rocky is rather laid back. Last night I was coming home from Milwaukie on empty from picking up Gaby. We were singing "this little light of mine I'm going to let it shine, this little light of mine I'm going to let it shine....." and "Yes, Jesuss loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me....."

anything to distract me from the fact that I have no money and about to go over a bridge and onto a freeway......5 miles from home almost out of gas ( maybe that is why I crave beans so much?? )

So, I chickened out even though I was thinking of God feeding 1000's with a fish and a loaf of bread. lol.......and I went to my fathers and borrowed $3.....put that in and drove home........

anyway........I was telling this to Rocky and he said........"all because of Mike and having to spend money going to Astoria and taking classes, paying filing fee's - what an idiot.You can use that money for Gaby. I wish you were here where I can take care of you. "......

I thought that was sweet.

anyway- back to work,,,,,,,

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-12-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:08 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Susan - roses are nice, no matter who sent them and who they were for, right? But I just know they were for you, not the boss. They say God helps those who help themselves, so I'm glad you got the $3 from your dad, lol. Didn't need the beans after all, lol.

Jenn - as excited as I am about my trip to Ireland, I am almost equally excited about my trip to the Gulf Coast with Neal next winter. We've been researching private home rentals in the Destin/Pamama City area. Some are really, really nice. Btw, please feel free to start a new thread anytime we need one - it was sweet of you to do that. I don't remember it happening before that 2 of us were starting one at the same time. As I mentioned, I can always come back and close the old one. That goes for any of the Jaded Ladies.

Diane - yikes, sounds like you wear many hats at your job. Means job security, though, right? Hope you get some rest this weekend.

Cristi - you can't tell us that you got border then not tell us what it looks like!! With all the frustrated decorators here, lol, we would like a photo of it, or at least a really good description. Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend.

Well, I'm fixing a turkey dinner for the family tomorrow. I bought an extra turkey at Thanksgiving time and decided it's time to fix it. Also will make cherry pies from the cherries I froze off the trees last June. The pies could pose a problem for me, if there weren't so many family members here to polish them off, lol. They are so used to WW desserts, this will be a real treat.

Have a good day!!
Old 02-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #12  
PamPSM644

Well girls, we wore out Diane. She's up to her arm pits with her Mom's wedding and getting her home ready for the kids visit so she's going to have to put off dieting and posting till things calm down to a dull roar. Shall we give a salute to all our sisters missing in action.

Jenn,your the sweetest couple! Can't wait to see bride and groom in all your glory.

Jane, your amazing. I want to visit your house. It's always exciting over there.

Susan,Mike is much like my sister. Everything is about her. If I get a compliment on my weight loss or new hair style she can't stand it and has to take the conversation back over to whats going on with her. Thay have to be the center of attention even from their own children.

More rain today and no walk . I'm trying again to get back to dieting strictly. Say your prayers for me today.

Pam
Old 02-12-2005, 12:19 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

A very good Saturday morning to all~

Where is everyone? Thought there would be lots of posts by the time I got on this morning.

Jane~what time is dinner? Turkey dinner and it's not even a holiday, mmmm. and cherry pie for dessert? I definitely will be there! That is my absolute favorite and I can't remember the last time I had any. Don't make it at the holidays because I am the only one who likes it so...I would either have to eat it all or throw it a way and either way it is a waste. Guess I didn't describe the border very well did I? LOL I think even if I described it I don't think you would actually picture it the way it is. I don't describe things well. I can't even tell a joke without messing it up. Probably would be best if I took a picture. I wish I had a digital camera so I could post it faster to get you ladies opinion about it. DH likes it and liked it better than two others I had picked out-haven't shown the kids yet to get their opinions.

Pam~well, I totally understand Diane being busy and all but we are going to miss her. Was just getting to know her. Hopefully, she will be able to check in once in a while till the wedding is over. Wouldn't that be fun planning your mothers wedding? Okay, maybe it's just me, but I think it would. Of course I think it would be fun to plan anyones wedding.

Susan~I totally agree with Rocky and think I said something to that effect before. Mike totally is taking away from you and that is sad-wish he would open his eyes and realize it. But then maybe that is his intentions, and if it is...he needs to have his butt kicked.

Not much on the agenda for today. I was going to do the border today but think I am going to tape a strip up like I said and make sure I like it. It's tricky getting the perfect border because it has to fit no just the dining area but the living room also. The one wall kind of extends to the living room but not by much so it may be fine. I do plan on getting some laundry done (did some yesterday but didn't get around to folding it), vacuuming, and watch some movies and read. Still not finished with Life of Pi but will finish it by tomorrow. It has gotten better so may just get through the rest of it today. Dying to start Good In Bed. That's about all I have.

Have a good weekend everyone! See ya
Old 02-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good Saturday Morning Ladies,
First off, Jane you are going to Ireland? When? My grandparents are from Kilibegs Ireland. I told Monte one day we will make a trip there and check out family histories. He of course said right after we leave Holland.
Gawd I laughed when you wrote about scaring poor Dale....
I still play bumper bowling, its the only way I can get points.

Im drawing a blank now with everyone,,,,geesh. Going to have to make notes so that when I come to make a post I can make a comment.
Ellen, Im thinking you should make your poems into songs and so when the big stars are beating down your door for you to write them songs you can charge them BIG bucks and won't have to worry about the cost of declawing or spaying. You do have talent...
Katy, so now I have a black scarf with blue and purple thingies on it,,,really cool. When shopping last night with the girls and had a woman ask where I bought my scarf, told her the Walmart sells the wool and beads. So I bought some fun fur in pastels and am going to glue and tack it on the fairy wings along the edges that is.

Well Im completely set, got the dress ready, white shoes, purse and my gloves with lil flowers on the cuffs. My hat can't get any bigger,,,or heavier. Present is ready, Im ready. And yes with my wild black and red hair...lol Im going to do wild curls and pin them close. Doesn't matter anyways that big heavy hat will squish evrything down.

So Wed, Brandon and I went and got his hair cut,,,it so short. Hes so handsome with his hair short. One of the ladies from work say him and went nuts...embarassed him...lol Next day she went on and on about how the girls must flock around him..lol
So tonight Monte and I are having our Valentine dinner....I was able to make reservations from work to the Cattle Baron, he called in his beer order so I asked if he could put my name down. He was so excited...lol Then we are going to the Comedy Cave.
Not much else is happening here....been reading lots, and beading head dresses and such.
better get showered, need to go get more wire for wings.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #15  
Closed

Good Afternoon Everyone
I woke up with a headache today. maybe the diet,maybe the potty training

Hi Jane~~ Turkey dinner and cherry pie , oh thats just mean ,I'm so hungry I think by the sounds of it you are going to enjoy yourself on your holidays no matter where you go . The one to the coast sounds wonderful to.I have never really been anywhere, except to Florida on my honeymoon and all we did was drive there and home , my x wouldn't even let me go to disneyland , said it was for children ,I was 18 . . I guess I can't go to Ireland with you, HUH. I was going to Hawaii with Susan , but I think our plans are on hold so I'm free if you change your mind. Please think of me as your cooking Big Bird tomorrow.

Hi Pam~~What do you mean Diane is leaving us for a while, Did I scare her away Ah thats to bad , we will miss her . I hope she pops in from time to time, even though she's busy. I hope she doesn't think she has to be dieting to be here ,hmmm we all know some of us haven't been but this is my second day and I will weigh in on friday and see if the pig moves.Oh I hope so. I already miss her, Diane come back, or you will be subjected to a cheesy poem. So MS Pam what are you up to this fine day, I The sun is shining , but its cold , but I know there is hope ,just around the corner for Spring to Sprung . does that mean anything Is there any sign of Eddie yet, did you check outside.I think I am not doing anything today, unless this headache goes away.Pam don't fall off the food wagon today, I am trying ssoooooooo hard to be good, My sweet daughter made a chocolate cake for her sweeties step-fathers birthday, and she made me stay and keep her company, how sweet the worst part was there was enough batter left for an extra cake for us, Everytime I go to the fridge , I close my eyes ,so I can't see the cake.but It keeps whispering my name, so I changed it to Loretta, cause I don't know anyone by that name. Thanks again for all your potty training suggestions, I am still trying, I moved them into my sons room ,for a couple of days, to catch my breath, but I felt so lonely without them when I woke up. I hope your birdie is doing ok.does he chirp still. Have a nice day Pam

Hi Diane~~ what do you mean your leaving us for a while,did I scare you away is there an echo in here. Ah shucks, I will miss you, How about if Pam and I come out and help you, then you could get back sooner. I know that you must be busy with all the excitement of Wedding and Family.and I know its hard to stay committed to a diet with all this going on, but thats Ok. Enjoy yourself and you can get back to business when you feel the time is right. I do hope you pop in from time to time though. just to update us , and say Hi, we just got to know you, and off you go into the wild blue yonder, is that a song. Have a Great day Diane, and hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Cristi~~ "Good in Bed" Marilyn Manson why Miss Cristi, I thought all you did was make good cookies hmmmm I think there is a multifaceted personality here, Well you must let me know the outcome of that book. I like the idea of taping the border first, what did you end up getting, do we get pictures. I'm sure it will look beautiful. I finally settled on the perfect shade of taupe, I hope. I realized I don't need anyone else to drive me crazy when I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself Hurry up Spring I need fresh air. I will be so happy when I get this painting done, I haven't even started and I'm already hyperventilating , not a good sign.If your wondering and I'm sure your not, why I take on this monumental task of taping and painting the house alone, well its because I'm "ANAL" , there Ive said it now you know. Did you say not much on the agenda , laundry , folding , vacuuming, putting up the border, whats a busy day like for you Have a great day Cristi

Hi Jenn~~ I near fell off the chair when I heard that quote, they stress the importance of spaying and nueturing our pets , yet they make it impossible to do. I don't know how many people could put out that kind of money for one pet let alone two or three . It does make things difficult. I am looking into other options. I really don't have much choice.How have you been feeling, are you still as tired ? You must be on pins and needles ,with the wedding coming , and Valentines, we will want to hear about, what your sweetie does for you, well the parts you can share I hope your having a wonderful day.

Hi Susan~~
Whats this fuss about flowers, Ha Ha your all wrong , I sent them. Well aren't you a lucky girl , diamond rings pink roses , whats next purple hearts, Oh thats lucky charms insn't it,or are they pink , I don't know , and really does anyone care Your a rascal making all these men jealous ,this might be a most interesting Valentines,Day for you. Maybe Cristi could lend you here book, we need to keep you out of mischeif, you seem to get into plenty without any help . So Mikes sending pictures now is he, does send the check with them. I am glad You and Gaby made it home , its a scary feeling knowing the gas might not last till you get home, but having said that , all those chilli beans you've been putting down, must keep your tank filled with gas if only you could bottle it,for future use, Ahh Sweet Susan what will I do with you, I think I will come for that visit and we will eat chili and ding dongs all day, what do you think. I will bring my voodoo doll kit, and we can get some revenge. Have a great Day

Hi to everyone else, whereever you may be, I hope your all having a wonderful Saturday, still can't find wednesday and thursday, but I guess they are indeed gone. I should I suppose find something to do, although I don't feel like doing anything, headache is still lingering, might have to seek out some veggies or something, I will check back later, Have a great afternoon girls

Still not moving is he,

Hi Angie ~~You popped in when I popped out, I wish somebody would knock down my door soon ,could sure use the money right now, whats the cost where you are is it the same, maybe I am just behind a few years , the last time I had a kitty spayed and declawed was 3/4 years ago.Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Valentines Dinner and night out, Lucky Lady. Don't you love it when the boys get all embarrassed when people gush over them ,soon enough there will be little girls knocking at the door and the fun begins, Have a great day Angie, gotta go I'm so hungry

Oh and girls, no its not my hat I wish it was though,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 02-13-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Closed Thread