Old 02-11-2005, 06:28 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #97

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #2  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. How many lbs came off this week????

back in later girls!

Faye
Old 02-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #3  

Snow Day take 2....

We haven't had 2 snow days in a row since we moved here in 1996!! but it's been blizzarding for over 24hours.

Yesterday, I didn't even change out of my jammies all day!

BUT, I'm totally depressed about the weight loss........the scale shows I'm back up to 214! HOW THE F*&^$ could I be up that much??? I've been exercising, hitting my 4 pointers most days....Grrrrr......I'd blame it on the barometric pressure affecting the scales because of the blizzard, but dh actually went down a couple of pounds.

I'm obsessing again....I know it. I feel smaller, clothes are fitting again, dh said my butt is getting smaller....I'm just pissed at the scale!

I think I'm going to take a cue from Amanda and just not weigh myself except on the first of the month. There's just too much upping and downing right now. It's driving me crazy, and I don't have time to be crazy.

I sure hope the rest of you have some inspiring losses! I don't know what else I can do....I'm practically a vegetarian now, I don't go near pasta, I'm exercising, don't drink anything but water and the occasional diet drink. I need to just not worry about it....it is what it is and as long as I'm healthy and happy, life is good right?

Talk to you all later,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:39 AM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies,

Been missing for a couple of days - just taking it easy as I've felt a bit run down. On Wednesday the only exercise I did was walking around the shops (which I found hard as I was so exhausted!), and yesterday I did a big fat NOTHING! I feel so much better for resting up, but it's back on track today - I'm off for my walk in a minute. I went over my calories yesterday - the first time in about 2 weeks! I was so tired that we ordered a takeaway curry - I'm fine about it as it was the first time in ages and it wasn't a pizza!

JULIE - What can I say about the scales? They are evil! All I can think of is that you have really stepped up the exercise this week and I think this causes muscle build up and water retention - I know that the first week I stepped up my exercise I didn't lose a thing! It is so disheartening, but you must keep at it and the scales will follow. Congrats on the nibble by the way - keep us posted!

CARRI - Sorry you're struggling right now. Getting the treadmill will really help your weight loss and will hopefully help you to get motivated again.

SANGY G - Glad your doctors appointment went well. Congrats on your 4 pointers! I am sooooooooooooooo pleased that you are treating yourself to a day at the spa - you SO deserve it!

NIKKI - You are doing really well! Hope you hear about the promotion soon.

FAYE - I bet Thomas will love his new toys and games! Enjoy your treadmill!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #5  
It is what it is...

Hi all, I do not have any loss to report today, I didnt think that I would after cheating half of the week anyhow... OH well today is another day...

Julie - I agree, I say weigh yourself once a month, I may just start doing it every two weeks myself...

Amanda - Sorry you are feeling down, kick those blues!! It is the weekend

My dh gave me my Valentines day gift early, he gave me a ring with three red hearts and diamonds with a necklace to match, needless to say he earned some major brownie points for quite a while It is very pretty...

Well gotta get back to work, Faye, Nikki, Sandy and Sandy, Hi to you all hope to hear some losses your way!!

Have a great weekend all!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #6  

Hey ladies!
Well, I have a loss but I am not sure that it really counts...see before I really started to kick it into gear I did some MAJOR cheating on the eating, and laziness took over, so consequently I gained a few pounds back...but after stepping up and taking control, I lost the pounds that I put back on.
So yesterday I was runninng on my treadmill because it was freezing outside and I hate running outdoors. I got my treadmill free from some dude who didn't want his anymore, it wasnt the most high tech but it worked...so I was happy. Anyways, so mid run last night the thing just shut down....like stopped abruptly and at this point Im still running so I run straight into the little control panel thing on the treadmill. So after a few failed attempts to revive it, i decided it had gone to treadmill heaven, and had to finish my run outside....and i froze.
Oh, and 4 points for yesterday.
Carri-That is soo sweet of your husband! It sounds really pretty.

Amanda-Glad to hear you are feeling rested.

Julie-Yeah, me and the scales have had a few scuffles in my day too...but dont let it get you down...you have been doing SOOO well lately and it will show....Just be patient.

Faye & Sandy- Hope all is well!

Yall girls have a fantastic friday!!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:34 PM   #7  

Nikki

Boy this group has had a tough winter. Wonder what it has been?

Carri: Your gift sounds lovely! Enjoy enjoy!

Julie: Weigh less stress less. I am going to a once a month thing but since I am doing lousy right now who knows. I think we just concentrate on the scales too much sometimes so maybe I shouldn't have a weekly weigh in but a monthly one only. Have to think of a Friday topic, but then maybe it is time to think of new topics period.

I am going out with dd and Thomas, but I have a tummyache and am not looking forward to it. I took some Pepto Bismal hoping it will settle it soon.

Amanda: Did you buy anything at the shops or just looky looing???

We are started the spring cleaning upstairs tomorrow so I am getting in that frame of mind.

Everyone have a great weekend and hopefully some nice weather. It is wonderful here in the 60's and sunny today which improves your mood!

Faye
Old 02-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #8  

SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have something to share with us today?

I have to run I am really busy this weekend!

Faye
Old 02-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #9  

SUNDAY: Tiday is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is what is your very best physical feature?

Don't know if I can get back in here today again as we are working feveriously upstairs to get everything rearranged.

Faye
Old 02-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #10  

hey guys. just wanted to check in. running on very little sleep. friday basically i went from hanging out with one person to another, didnt go to sleep at all, then went home sat around noon only to shower and get ready and go hang out with more people, didnt get home til just now and its 9 am sunday. today im supposed to go shopping and bowling...and i think after that im going to sleep for 3 days straight. hope everyone is having a swell weekend.
nikki
Old 02-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I'm feeling rotten right now because my period is late and my PMS is at the 'come now or I'm going to explode' stage.

I got 4 points on Friday and 2 points yesterday - I have been fighting the urge to binge yesterday and today. I went over my calories yesterday - but in a controlled way and didn't have a complete blow out. I've struggled today also and have eaten 5 slices of bread, where I normally limit myself to 2!! It's all wholegrain though so it's not like I've binged on pizza and chocolate! Today I woke up and decided pretty much that I was going to spend the day in bed - I felt that rotten, I just wanted to curl up and feel crappy all day. But after a couple of hours I picked myself up, put on my exercise gear and forced myself onto my exercise bike - I knew that I'd feel even worse if I didn't exercise, because then I'd feel guilty aswell! I felt alot better after my exercise and rang my best friend who I haven't spoken to in months - we were on the phone for over an hour catching up and it really cheered me up - so my day wasn't a complete washout after all.

Silly Poll - My best feature used to be my skin - it was always really clear and spot free and all I did was wash it with water. However recently it's become a bit blotchy with some thread veins (I think it's a weight and age thing) - boo! All I like now are my eyes and long eyelashes and my long fingernails! Oh and my smile is quite nice too - but I don't do enough of it!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #12  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to really examine why we had such prior success and why we struggle now. Seems like I am not the only one seesawing back and forth so thought it would be good to look at why we are not as committed nor seem to be as focused as a year ago.

Amanda

I will check back in a little later girls when everyone is up and going!

Amanda: I just want to continue to encourage you. You are doing a great job so keep it up

Faye

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
Old 02-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #13  
It is what it is...

Happy Valentines Day All !!!! Hope everyone has a great day with their sweeties

As far as Silly Poll goes I have always been told that my best feature is my big blue eyes...everyone always comments on how big and blue they are, I really have not noticed but oh well, I like the compliments...

Faye - I have been thinking alot to lately on why I was doing so darn good last year and this year I seem to be off and on, I did do well with losing for January but it is not where I wanted to be, and this last week and a half has been off and on...I am going to recommit today and I am going to go home and use my treadmill even!!!

Amanda - Sorry you were feeling rotten, hope you are doing better today.

Nikki - sounds like an exhausting ( but fun ) weekend...I remember those, back in the day, ha ha ....

I did not get any points for over the weekend, I was bad, bad during all of it, pizza, sweets, you name it...

OH and Faye I think that maybe only weighing in once a month might be good for all of us...what do the rest of you think??

Well talk to you all later!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #14  

hey yall!
So the rest of the weekend was pretty good. I finally got to sleep at like 2 am this morning...and i was hoping i would be able to sleep in but i started getting text messages at like 7 in the morning telling me happy vday. ugh. I hate valentines day. It may just be me being bitter, but I really see nothing romantic about a day with the initials VD. But for those of you who are less cynical than myself, I hope your valentines day is awesome. No points for the weekend...ran around too much to do anything but cheat.hopefully i can redeem myself. as for the poll...my best physical features are my eyes and my smile...got the straight white teeth and the big blue eyes. I think the reason I seesaw and dont stay commited is because I am young, lazy, and constantly on the go. Plus I live in Texas...the land of year round back yard BBQs and mexican food. Its impossible to escape.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #15  

That is fine with me. Let's just give our lbs down on the first of the month when we give our goal for the next month. If you can't remember what you weighed, I have it on a spreadsheet.

I cleaned out my closet today and whew what a job. I carted out 2 big black trash bags of garbage and 2 of stuff to go to the Goodwill. Our trash guys are not going to be happy with us as we have a huge mound of trash for them tomorrow! I also have to find somewhere to take all the stuff that is good. I can't find a drop off location for Goodwill or Salvation Army or anything and I have a ton of stuff. I guess I am going to have to call them.

Hope everyone gets something special from their special someone today!

Everyone have a great afternoon

Faye