Old 02-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #1  
On my way......

Default I am in LOVE

I am completely in love with the Whole Foods Market. It's new here and I can't believe the produce department it's the first thing you see when you walk in... uhhhh.... Organic Produce, Free Range Meats, All Natural everywhere you look. I love it! Can't afford to buy all my groceries there but I still love it. If you haven't been in one check out this link:

Whole Foods

They even have pictures... I'm telling you it was love at first site!
way2fat4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

that is awesome you found somewhere you can get good, quality food.

We live out in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma so are limited in our choices. We are planning on planting our own garden this year--probably just the basics since it will be my first--tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, and a couple of other things.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #3  

Good for you that there such a store in your area. We do have a lot of these Bio-Veggie-Whole food places here in Montreal. There is a good variety. The only problem, and you point it out is the cost…..Sometimes; like for soups it’s twice or even three times the price of your usual Campbell / Lipton soups….

Same thing when you go to restaurants: A 12 inch chicken breast trio at Subway costs 10$, while 2 slices of Pizza and a coke will cost 5$ at local pizza joints……

I guess i’ll have to start my own Bio based garden!!! I’ll give a good discount to my 3FC buddies
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:20 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Wild oats is one of my favorite stores and actually the food prices are pretty comparable to the grocery store. When I went to San Diego to visit, I heard about a new store called "Jimbo's" and I went into it and it was a clone of Wild Oats. I thought that was interesting, not sure why the same company wouldn't use the same name.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #5  
Fat N Sassy

Whole Foods is a great store, but we recently got a Central Market in my area. OMG!!!! talk about a produce section, their's makes the one at Whole's Foods look like a small town fruit stand. Unfortunately they are also quite pricey so I can't shop there every week
kkayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #6  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

We just had one open here in Mt. Pleasant SC. It's great. Got a fuzzy melon. I have heard it's good for stir-fry with other veggies. I have to get them to try it.
chipper15173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Nelie -

Wild Oats actually owns Henry's Market (when you use your credit card they have a sign that warns you it will show up at Wild Oats). I think it's because they were originally independent and Wild Oats bought them out and they kept the name for loyalty.

Jessica
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #8  
Live for the Moment!

I've never heard of Whole Foods... But, we have Planet Organic and its awesome! I just discovered it last week, its on my way to the gym and I stopped in there to grab an energy bar.. Very nice, but also very pricey so I would limit what I buy there.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote