Old 02-09-2005, 08:10 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 2/9

Well, half the week is over and I've only worked 1 day. Monday took off for "day after" superbowl. Today I took off to go to the lovely doctor (you know, that annual physical thing we all LOVE so much!). I didn't step on the scale today. I want to wait until Saturday again. Hopefully it's down at least another pound. I'd be happy with that. I'd like to weigh what I did before I blew it all on the holidays....and that would have started with Halloween. Not sure if I'm going to allow myself a Valentine's eating out or just keep OP.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #2  

Morning Brenda: Good luck at the docs today...and don't freak out over what their scale says!!!!!! We all know the docs scales are always higher than ours. I know you will do great with your weigh in this weekend.

I am still eating fine....strangest thing ever! The weight is coming off. I am still so busy at work I don't have time to snack. I guess that is a good thing.
The only thing kind of iffy I did this week was have some sweet potato. In the scheme of things I guess that isn't too bad.

Making DH some banana ice cream tonight....going to use the new 50/50 Splenda...won't be telling him that!

Have a great day all.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Brenda~ what can I say? I wish you warm instruments? Its funny that you brought this up this morning...yesterday dh and I watched Little Black Book, and he got to actually see the size of those things, and his reflex comment was "where the h*ll is she going to put that?"

Jane~ your doing great!! A sweet potato in grand scheme of things is just a blip.

Leenie

Went and did a little shopping last night at TJMax and found the soap again that I just love!! Ive never used a soap that didnt make my skin flake, itch or make my face break out except for this one!!! So I bought them all!!! Then I wandered over to the sleepwear section and found some really nice lacey stuff for valentines day...and dirt cheap too!! Thats the best part!

To be very honest, I started at the gourmet shop and was looking for something to eat. Something that would fill that february blah feeling. Well, I managed to tell myself that, that chocolate bar would NOT fill that hole, and it would NOT make the blahs go away, and it would NOT let me fit into a regular large dress this summer. So.....I went lingerie shopping instead. It seemed to work, I got home, hid it from hubby (until monday) and had a cup of tea. Im doing good so far today. It helps that dh is off today.

Alright, I had better get moving, I hope everyone has a great day.
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #5  
on my way down again

Hi Everyone. It feels really good to be back here. I've had a few things going on that kept me from posting, one being a tragedy. There may be a few here who remember me posting my nephew was missing a little over a year ago. He was my husband's sister's 2nd son, and he and his brother lived with us during some of their high school days to be close to a good school. I'll skip details due to I don't want to hinder the fianls of the investigation, but he was found not alive and buried deeper than 8 feet so cadaver dogs could not detect him. It's been constant investigation here, and it's been such a tremendous strain on me and the rest of our family. It's been hard to function sometimes. Last year, that had sent me wheeling off my Atkins' plan then, and that's when I gained 50 pounds back. I was so ashamed of myself to let that happen.

So the funeral was this past Saturday and finally I may feel closure and deal with it in a healthy manner. The wondering is over. I don't mean to sound so down, but it's what's been going on with me.

As far as this going on and my Atkins diet, I kept focused on how I had not taken care of this during the time he went missing and used this as a reminder tool as to what could happen again. Since my last post here, I have lost two more pounds and met the Valentine's goal. Although 2 pounds doesn't seem like much to me in this amount of time, it was not a 50 pound gain. So I'll be happy I maintained.

Along with this, my computer was in the shop. luckily it was only the screen on my laptop that burned out. Not wanting to spend $300 to $500 to replace it, (like I have that anyway, lol) I bought a desktop LCD flatscreen and also ordered a full size keyboard. I can't wait to get that since my hands hurt from this laptop size one.

I missed you all and now have so much to catch up on. I never have much to say or offer like I'd like other than encouragemant to keep going, but please know I appreciate all of you, and although I was not online, it's you who kept me going during my trying times now. Well, it's just good to be back!

Brenda, Congrats for keeping your anual check up. I need to schedule one too.

Jane, Keep up the good work!

Hi Leenie!!

Robin, Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Sonnet; 02-09-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #6  
Somethin's gotta give

Hey hot chicks.....

Brenda- The dreaded "doctors scale" personally I think they've got it calibrated 5 pounds heavier to keep ya comin back...

Jane- isn't it funny! My DH..."I can tell all that fake sugar stuff I reckon! I can taste it first thing off!" Me: "Really, then how come you've been drinking it in your sweet tea for months"....DH..."I uh...knew that"

Leen-

Robin_ you gonna spill on what kind of soap that is? or let us all just walk around all flaky!
and bless you for saying that about the chocolate...I just dumped half a bag of skittles in the trash thanks to your words of wisdom....

well....Im starting my research...I've got 20 pounds left to lose and when I get there Im gonna be pretty much boob-less......so the DH is gonna buy me some....I know some of you wouldnt do this, but I figure it's my last hurrah...I've been looking at sites and before and afters for a few days and of course DH is thrilled because he "Can't believe Im actually LETTING him look at boobs with me on the internet"-lol...my friend Tara just got hers done so out of the 8 or so women who hang out together Im the only one still natural....anyone else had this done? I'd like to talk to someone about the ins and outs of the proceedure...
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #7  
Somethin's gotta give

Sonnet- Ya snuck in on me...Im so sorry for your loss...I hope you can find some peace now that he's been brought home...if I can do anything...I've been there with my daughter....
Old 02-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Jane: Way to go on staying OP! And don't worry about the "bit" of this or the "bite" of that. You're still on your way and THAT is a plus

Leenie: afternoon

Robin: That soap sounds great! You'll definitely have to tell us the name! OMG!! I forgot---WE watched "Little Black Book" on Sunday. I told DH----feel sympathy for me NOW? lol. I also said "yup, that's our first reaction when we see that thing coming towards us...slap them knees together"...and danged if that doesn't happen, eh?

Sonnet: Sorry about your loss. I hope you and your husband can soon be a little more at peace now that you all know. DON'T think you don't have anything to offer. I find that just coming here and knowing people are listening to what I complain about ( ) and give feedback and encouragement IS a lot to offer. So join us when you can!!

Marie: Sorry I can't help you in the boob research. I can't tell if it's fortunately or unfortunately that I don't have that problem. I think I'd rather have NO boobs than ones that hang to my knees. Was talking to DH about it and told him he doesn't even know where they are anymore. lol...I won't get into details of his reply...basically he said he'd just find them. Is there a reason you want big(ger) boobs?

Well, exam all done and now I'm home. Had an interesting chat w/doc and not sure what to think. Choices are: birth control or anti-depressant. This is for my pms and other junk going on. Should I mention DH is against my going on the pill? Says there's nothing wrong w/me. MEN! ARGH!!! Well, results of the tests won't come back for 2 weeks. She also wants me to get a mammogram (oh yeah. More squished boobies!) and my cholestrol (yah, it's high...so? lol) done. She had my thyroid tested today (for which I won't have the results for a while). ARGH!! Why not slap a few more tests on me? Ya know you're getting old when they add all these tests to what USED to be ONE test. *sigh* I could use some chocolate right now...but I won't.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #9  
Somethin's gotta give

Brenda- Im glad it went relatively well.....my Mom used to say she gave all that to herself as a "present" on her birthday....Im thinking....oh yeah and on valentines I'll give myself a prostate exam....egads!

Not that I want bigger...I just know that at about 155 I lose everything I have....it all comes off evenly and since Im so tall having almost NO chest is really funny looking......clothes just fit better when your proportional ya know?
Old 02-09-2005, 03:22 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Sonnet~ I so sorry to hear about what has happened. My thoughts and prayers are with you

Brenda~ Im glad your appt went ok. I swear, when it comes time for a mamogram, they better give me some super duper good drugs, or you'll hear me screaming from buffalo!!

Marie~ hmmm, new boobs. How cool is that!!!!!! Im sportin' the deflated windsock look at the moment. Id love to get them done, but I have issues with a knife there!! Know what I mean?...and I dont want to loose any sensitivity either. So until they can do it some other way, Im going to wait. Id love to get my belly done tho!! I have no issues with a knife slicing that puppy off!!!!!!

Ok, the soap!! It isnt a name brand, and you usually have to search the shelves at TJMax and places like that. Its in a box, (single) and its one of those european sizes. Huge!! About the size of 2-3 regular size bars. I buy the one that is Egyptian Cotton scented. You can tell its the right one, if it says its made by a company called CST ...in small print on the back of the box. And its a pure vegetable based soap. Thats about all I can tell you. Let me know if you find it, and how you like it.

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #11  

Marie, I'm with ya on the boob thing. When I hit my goal weight, I'm going in! I have a couple friends who have had it done, and they just love them.

Sweaters just look better with filler...
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:58 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie.
Hey hot chicks.....

well....Im starting my research...I've got 20 pounds left to lose and when I get there Im gonna be pretty much boob-less......so the DH is gonna buy me some....I know some of you wouldnt do this, but I figure it's my last hurrah...I've been looking at sites and before and afters for a few days and of course DH is thrilled because he "Can't believe Im actually LETTING him look at boobs with me on the internet"-lol...my friend Tara just got hers done so out of the 8 or so women who hang out together Im the only one still natural....anyone else had this done? I'd like to talk to someone about the ins and outs of the proceedure...
What do you want to know? I, well, we, love my new ones and don't regret it at all.

Last edited by morti; 02-09-2005 at 04:00 PM.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Marie: I think when you don't have them you want them...but when you're born with them you want them lopped off. yah, I was born w/the suckers. And believe me I'd love to know how the other side feels! When I weighed my top weight...do you know what it's like not to be able to see your feet due to your knockers???? NOT fun! Oh, plus I didn't like guys staring at my chest. But to each their own I say! lol

Robin: Ever have a mammogram? Ever see that email "how to prepare for a mammogram"? Well, that basically says it all. I KNOW it's a healthy and good thing to do. But dang it. Why doesn't a guy have to have his talliwacker squeezed between a vise to see if something's stuck? Why do we get all the "fun" stuff done to us? Thanks for the info on the soap. I'm not sure when I'll get to TJ Maxx next..but I've got it on my "look for" list.

Keri & Laura:
Old 02-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #14  

Mammograms aren't that bad....NOT! I have been having them done since I was in my 30's due to the fact that my mom had breast cancer...they started me early. Well after a time I ended up having problems so EVERY year it seems they find something and not only do you have to have it done once but you have to go back in and they use an ever more torturous device to GET RIGHT IN ON THE SPOT I hate it!

Marie: I would love to have a lift done.......mine have never been big until I gained weight...still only a small c however they are hangin a little lower than I would like. I stand in front of the mirror and pull up my pecs to show DH what they would look like back up where they should be...he just shakes his head and walks away.

MORTI!!!!!!! Where have you been girlie? Nice to see you.

Sonnet: I am sorry sorry to hear about the outcome of your nephew. How sad. But like you said at least you and the family can have some closure now. That helps so much. And don't ever think you don't add anything to our little group.

RobinW: I wish I could get into the slinky lingerie thing but I hate sleeping in them. OH THAT'S RIGHT! If they work right you wouldn't be sleeping in them now would you?

Leenie:
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

Thanks for the support guys and Morti I sent you a message- wow more to it than I figured! but from what Ive seen in the before and afters, at least I'll have something to rest my chin on for the first few weeks! Robin, there was a lady a year old than me in the pictures I saw who had 3 kids and she had a job and a tuck at the same time- her stomach was really bad with hanging and stretch marks and all those lovely things, and she had obviously breast fed all three kids...I swear she looked like a twenty year old again after the procedure!....If I do this it will either be over spring break or if Im not down far enough in weight then in May over er....is it memorial day? so until then I've got to keep the nose to the grindstone....