Old 02-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default New People

I notice quite a few people fill out the Akins Bio page...but never join us for daily chat. Is it possible they don't know we're all friendly and would welcome them? Let's all say hello and give a great big welcome to all the new people we've met....and some of them that are still lurking
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

why would they think we werent friendly ???

No really!! We are .....come and join us on the daily
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:07 PM   #3  
Somethin's gotta give

We'll get you my pretties! AND YER LITTLE DOGS TOO!!!!

no serious...we're nice a'ight?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I notice people do that on other boards too. I dunno?? Lots of folks like to just read and then there are some that feel like they can't contribute (which we know isn't true) but I do get alot of PM's that say that.

So to all you lovely people out there, please join us on the daily threads, even if its just to say hi.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48590

THIS IS TRUE !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:52 AM   #5  
on my way down again

I love it when people come and say hi and how their day is going.
So come join in!
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:37 PM   #6  
"Just call me Princess":)

Smile Hello!!!

Hello all!!
I am one of those lurkers, I only have dared to post a few times months apart. SO I will reintroduce myself, my name is Julia.
I love this website so much. I love reading everyone's posts because there is just so much love going around, and support. And that is exactly what I need. I need a big kick in my booty and people to remind that even though doritos taste yummilicious, they do not look yummy on my gut. LOL.

Here's a little history on me...I am 29 ( my 30th is in June, and I want to be in a "regular" size by then). I have one little girl who is four yrs old (she will actually be 5 yrs old on March 4th ), her father and I have been together living in sin (lol) since way before she was born. I first tried and succeeded at Atkins when she was an infant, right before her 1st bday. I lost quite a bit of weight, and just looked stunning. So stunning, that I took for granted that I should not be eating every single bad thing, and not worry about it. So here I am 4 yrs later 80lbs heavier than the last time I was successful at Atkins (I was down to about 165-170, depending on the scale, but my clothes were a size 9/10). Ok so here I am planning her 5th bday party, and looking at all of her bday party pics and seeing myself get bigger and bigger and bigger. Well I have seriously had it. I am up to 248lbs, actually a few weeks ago I was at 252 but I have been working out ( I belong to Bally's and my mortal enemy is the eliptical machine, but it works me out the best, so I continue the torture for at least 30mins 4 times a week) and eating healthy stuff. Well that's just not good enough. I really want to look better, and do it faster. I know that Atkins works, but I just need the support. I need the emails that give me a reminder...don't put that snickers in your mouth. I hate to say it but when it comes to food I am so weak. I am Puerto Rican and Black. Our staple foods in PR are rice and beans, and friend Plantains. Hello carb city. I mean that meal alone probably has 100 carbs, lol. SO yeah I need to restructure my food in my pantries. I need your suggestions. I need all of that good support you already offer everyone else. Just add me to your list. I don't even know when to start. I keep having the thought ok tomorrow, then tomorrow comes and I make cookies for the little princess, and well you know that's all downhill.I need HELP. LOL.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Julia
PRPrincessJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

Julia....step AWAY from the cookies! Welcome and come join us on the daily chat. We're great at kicking booties and giving pep talks. I stink at sending reminders...mainly because I forget to send them. But stop in at the dailies and I'll be glad to tell you how gross the dorito's ACTUALLY tasted or how the cookies may have melted in your mouth..but did it REALLY taste as good as it used to. I love being kicked in the tush also because it keeps me going---as this website and the people on it do. W/out this site I'd have gone back to my ol' ways LONG ago. I've come too far to let it backslide now. So come join us and we're glad you spoke up
Old 02-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

oops...forgot to mention...you should set a date and then work towards meeting that date. Make sure you've got the legal stuff in the house and then just jump into the low carb pool. Remember...the eating's fine
Old 02-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #9  
"Just call me Princess":)

Thank you for the welcome!!!

I am starting over tomorrow! I am going home tonight, I am going to prepack my breakfast and lunch and legal snacks to bring with me tonight....

This will behard, but I have kept my skinny jeans in that closet way too long. I would like to be smaller than my "skinny jeans" one day
PRPrincessJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:50 PM   #10  
on my way down again

Hi and Welcome Julia. I'm glad you're starting tomorrow. We have many similar things going on here. I've been on Atkin's for 5 years June, with lots of faultering, but it works great when I stay with it--better than any other diet I've been on. I lost over 70 pounds, but I don't remember the exact amount now. I had a huge set back and gained most of it back, about 50. I've recently started over and I've lost 11 pounds since the 3rd of Jan. Although that's not an extreme amount, it's a tenth of my 100 pound I need to get off--one tenth more than January 1st. I have to force myself that's good and not be ashamed I've gained any back. I'm 46 and my husband is on Atkins' with me. So we are either perfect and supportive, or both go off the plan together and both regret it until we struggle to pick ourselves back up back to Induction Phase. We're trying to learn not to keep this behaviour up any longer, and we actually made it through a hard time this past month and stayed on plan. We managed to lose a few pounds too, so I think that's a bonus. My birthday is July 2, and I'm wanting to have quite a bit off by then, but I don't want to feel I've failed by not meeting a goal. This keeps me from setting goals, but I must say I met the Valentine's Day Challenge here at 3fc .com. for 10 pounds. I could not do nearly as well with dieting if I was not here at 3fchicks Atkins' daily thread, even if it's just a quick hi. It helps me check myself daily.

So please come join in when you feel like it, and I'll tell you how chips and dips and candy looks glued to my body. lol

I don't have children, but I have back and neck problems that prevents me from excercising as much as I like to. I was very active and into volleyball and long distance running when I was younger, so I still feel that drive inside. But I'm going to be asking for support to get off the sofa and start walking more so I'll look better for my birthday. It sounds like you have the exercise rutien down very well. :clap: I have a tread mill and need to use it again. Sounds easy on paper. Well, so welcome and hope to see you around. Sonnet
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Julia and welcome

Stick around, we'll all be happy to cheer you on and help you out anyway we can

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #12  
Somethin's gotta give

Welcome Julia!

Yep this place is great and it's like a mafia family...everytime you think you're out it just keeps PULLING you back in.....

I've found planning is KEY- if there is one iota of a chance that I dont have the right thing to eat- Im so off the plan it's not funny....Have everything in place before you start....once you get on a roll, its eaiser to roll with the punches....
As far as reminders, there was a thread of great sayings and my favorite was something like "Don't trade what you want NOW....for what you REALLY want"
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Welcome Julia

Oh boy rice & beans and friend plantains....lordy lordy lordy, you hit a nerve girl. YUMMMY, my friend at work is puerto rican and I think italian, when her mom visits her and she makes her famous rice & beans the both of us gain 10 lbs a meal LOL.

I think you've come to the right place, the ladies here will help get you motivated and on the right track.

Good Luck !!!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:11 AM   #14  

Julia welcome, I am new here as well. I had to mention really quick that I lived in Puerto Rico for 2 years as a teenager; my dad was a naval officer so we lived on Roosevelt Rhoads and he worked in Ceiba, I LOVEd Puerto Rico!

Anyways, I can't say I am officially following Atkins but I do eat *very* low carb, the only this is I do add in my Diet Cokes once a day and about once a week I will have a bowl of fresh raspberries with cream and I chew gum. But I have been losing so I am thrilled, I must be in some kind of ketosis because I am full of energy and amd rarely hungry anymore (never in my life thought I would say that!!), I feel fantastic and am no longer obsessed with food. Well my husband did get him and the girls pizza yesterday so I ate some of the toppings and was cool with that, but I did kinda want to just take a big ole bit out of that pizza....lol

Anyways, nice to meet you

Marilyn
skinnymini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:55 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Marilyn