Old 02-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #1  

Default Moms losing weight !!!!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!
Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #2  

Goood Morning LADIES!!! How is everyone this morning. Dh is home today. He took the day off so we could go to Abigail's Parent teacher conference today! And he needed it! So, me the exercise Queen is still taking a break. I will be going to the gym tomorrow though. Dont' worry or panic. This is not going to become a regular occurance. You bet It will be hard to get back tomorrow.

Penny, where are you hun? I'm worried about you.

Anyway all. I'm gonna get back here later. Gonna tend to bugga and DH should be back from the eye doctor soon.. bbl
Old 02-08-2005, 10:35 AM   #3  
Jeniqua

Good morning! My computer is up and running again..yay!! I am going to the gym tonight. I know I'm going to be sore but I'm ready to go back. Today, I am cleaning house.

Mel~ I am soo glad DH is home! Have a great day.

Penny~ I was wondering the same thing..I've seen you sign in a couple of times on MSN. Please let us know you're okay.

I better go, I have 2 babies fighting but I'll bbl to get personal with everyone else. Have a great day!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:33 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!

Mel- a family day! Wonderful! Knowing you you'll make up the gym day anyhow!

Jen-Glad that your computor is fixed! Don't ya just hate when they breakdown? Have fun cleaning the house!

Michelle- Hi how are you today? Working hard. How's that paper coming? Are you almost finished?

I am going to get something done and I'll be back later!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #5  
I will suceed!!!

Morning all! Took my son to the doctor for his 2 year check up. He is 3 feet tall at 2!!! He got 2 shots and didn't even flinch. Labwork, drew blood, didn't bat an eyelash. Just looked at the ladies like they were nuts. Mommy of course, had a hard time with it, but then I hate needles. Oh jeeze, I bawled with both the kids when they were first born, and they had to draw blood before they left the hospital! With Bri, I had to leave the room, for crying out loud, cause I was upsetting HER! LOL, anyway. I hope everyone has a great day.

Penny, I hope we hear from you soon. Your cousin is still in my thoughts!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

HI everyone_

Checking in before the afternoon rush. Has anyone heard from Penny at all?

Penny-if you are just on-line reading and don't have the time to post, please let us know that you are okay. We are all still praying for your family and that you are on all of our minds. Please post soon!

Tabitha- sounds like you have one brave little man there! Why in the world would they have to draw blood on a 2-yr.old? Is he okay? I hope it is nothing serious!

So is today another quiet day for posting it seems everyone has alot going! How are all of you others out there? Michelle, Chris, Geri, Kristin (how's the foot?),Ricci, Jilly, Deana, Steph, Gretchen and all of you others! Hope that you are all having a great day!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies!

Flying low again! Been trying to get some things done around here this morning and ds#1 has a dentist appt. in an hour, so I need to be getting ready to go.

Hope everyone is having a great day! So far I am OP but I'm somewhat miserable. Went to bed with a headache last night, woke up with it, got kids off to school, took Tylenol and went back to bed. Woke up without the headache but then pulled a muscle in my upper shoulder! I will be fine, it's just uncomfortable.

We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight. But it's going to warm into the upper 40's by the weekend so another muddy mess!!!

I'm am so excited, I filed my taxes on Thursday morning, they were accepted on Friday and our state return is there today!!! Wow, the state moves fast.....wish Federal was as fast! Oh well, atleast I don't have to worry about how to pay that one big bill on time now....the electric.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls!

I got 30 minutes on the gazelle today so far and 300 crunches too, I'm going to do another 30 minutes after supper.

I went and got my groceries for sbd so I'm all set in that department.

Mel, I saw flaxseed oil vitamins not liquid stuff if you want me to pick some up for you let me know. It was about 6 bucks for the bottle I believe.

Roxy, I've got my paper pretty much finished just have to compile the data from the survey that I conducted.

Deana wow that was super fast! I can't believe you got your state return back already!! I filed on the 3rd and it was accepted on the 4th but haven't filed state yet because the forms aren't ready for montana yet. ugghhh I hate waiting.

Okay well I'm gonna have some breakfast and then do some more school work!
What's everyone having for supper? I'm making pork loin with wild rice.

Okay have a great day!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #9  

Hey all. Pretty slow but decent day here! We had dd's conference which went very well. The teacher was very impressed..Abigail read a story to the class today. I've been working with her with these books called "Bob Books First". She is doing wonderfully with them. Remember she's only 4 1/2. THe teacher was so impressed that she did it AND in front of the class. Sorry to brag.

Tabitha, Bugga was over 3 feet + at his two year also. HE however cried is brains out when he gots shots and blood work done. I know what you mean though, we are usually worse then them.

Hey Jenny!

Michelle, great job on the gazelle and good luck with SBD. I am getting ready to CLEANSE the GI track....OH should be interesting.

BTW, yeast came back POS, so I have to wait for TOM to end and treat that. IF it comes back, I'm going to ask for the blood work to be done. THe guy at the Healthfood store said to do the regular cleanse though. He said, many people find they DO NOT need to do a yeast cleanser after because the body works better to get rid of it on it's own. We'll see.

Roxy, nice talking to ya this morning. THanks for your help with the Natural stuff. Never asked ya, did you ever do a cleansing yourself?

Have a great day all.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:56 PM   #10  
**Kristin**

hi all! slow day here again....its snowing, dh went out to snow blow and dd adn myself are fighting over which show to watch...he is going out for dinner, I don't feel that great so I am not eating. I don't know...I REALLY REALLY hope Im not getting that flu.ugh So Im gonna go relax on the couch....maybe do a gimpy voo doo dance to ward off sickness....we'll see !

Hope everyone had a great day! TTYL!..I will try and get here tomorrow too...I have some volunteer stuff to do (day off for me from g-ma) so I can go do it.......so I should be able to catch ya'll...have a great night

Wear your underwear backwards or something....all I need is to get sick AGAIN.....LMAO!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #11  
I will suceed!!!

DS is fine, it's just some labwork that they do when a child turns two. If anything is wrong they will contact us, but no news means nothing is wrong. Pretty standard stuff. And they just pricked his finger and took blood from there. Nothing major. Sorry, didn't mean to cause concern there, Roxy.

Mel, what is POS? May I ask? Some of them, I can figure out, like SBD or TOM...but that one has me stumped. LOL, anyway, Don't apologize for bragging girl! That is awesome! I have a series of books that I got for my kids called Help Me Be Good books. They have books on disobeying, sharing, teasing. All sorts of neat stuff. It really opens up some conversations between me and dd about her behavior. Cause I can ask her, Have you ever done something like that? And they really teach empathy as well. All in all, I can't complain too much, I've got some pretty good kids.

Well, goodnight everyone. Gotta go to bed soon! WooHoo, sleep, I have been doing a lot of that lately but not by choice. I have decided to go ahead and quit smoking. When I finish the cigs I have now, I am done. So, if I get grouchy around here, guys, I apologize in advance. I just have to find something other than eating to do! LOL, don't want to undo the work I have gotten done. But I am not getting any better, and can only assume the smoking is making it worse. Night all!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a fast post before we tear down the computer area for the carpet tomorrow...

My mom got her results today...She has endometrial cancer. I'm going with her on Tuesday to visit the doc and then she is scheduled for surgery on the 18th. They are going to do a hysterectomy and possibly radiation therapy. I guess this year isn't starting out soo good. Hopefully she'll heal and be okay. I know she's scared. Well gotta get Tiana to the basketball practice.

Talk more tomorrow when we get it all back on line...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 PM   #13  
mama of 4little Angels

Talking Hello Ladies

Haven't posted in a long time. Sounds like eveyone is doing good. I'm doing well. Still going to the gym. I didn't go during the holidays so I had to start over after the holidays.
Just a quick post to let you all know i'm still breathing. I 'll try to post more often.
Hey, what happened to the desperate housewifes post?
I liked that one better.
Hi to all the new members. I'm a SAHM of 4 kids trying to get back into shape and lose babyweight. Finding that really hard to do here lately . I guess thats all for now. ttyl
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Chris I'm so sorry about your mom!! I guess you were preparing yourself for these results but I'm sure it was still hard to hear that your suspicions were true. I'm thinking of you and praying that the surgery and radiation will do what it needs to do. Give me a ring if you need to talk, I'm here!

Hi Angel, glad to see you back. Hope you can post more often.

Tabitha Mel just meant that the results of her yeast test were positive lol no secret codes there! lol Anyway sorry you are still sick but I am so glad to hear you have decided to stop smoking! I know you probably know all of the benifits of not smoking so I won't list them for you! lol But were here for you for that as well and we will understand if you get grouchy, just come here when you want to smoke and vent to us instead of taking a cig break ok?

Kris I hope you are not getting the flu!! YUCK!! If you do though at least it's the 24 hour bug huh? Not that that is much consolation! Hope you had a great day!!

Mel I hope that cleansing works for you! Sounds interesting. I hope it will get rid of the yeast for ya too! Good luck on that! Make sure and let us know the results.

Michelle your doing good on the exercise!! good for you! And when are you going to start SBD? Tomorrow? I had stuffed porkchops and green beans tonight, would have done another vegetable but I wasn't that hungry and dh had a baked potato so I just settled with that. How's your school work coming along? I have to start mine tonight! lol

Deana that is super fast for taxes!! Mine should be done by the end of this week and then they will send them off next week and then 10 days later we should have some money!! Hope you had fun at the dentist and hope that headache goes away soon!

Hi Roxy!! How are you today? How is dh doing with the new job?

Jen I'm glad your puter is back!! Did you have a good workout?

Ok dh is giving B a bath and then she is off to bed and I am going to work on some homework. I'm guessing none of you watch the Bachelorette but I was excited to see that my hometown boy is going on to the next round. I'm doubtful he is chosen though because of the interview they did with his family on the 11 oclock news last night. Anyway if any of you all watched they were ice skating at our local skating rink so that was neat to see. Ok that's enough babbling from me. Hope you all have a great evening and I hope there are more posts tomorrow! PENNY WHERE ARE YOU????? I AM MISSING YOU AND WONDERING HOW YOU ARE DOING! PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 AM   #15  
I will suceed!!!

Chris, your mother will be in my thoughts and prayers. As well as you! Remember to get rest while you are being there for your mom.