View Poll Results: What is your favorite animal for a pet?
Puppy 8 61.54%
Horse/Llamma/Pig (I had a pet pig, they count!) 0 0%
Kitty 1 7.69%
Fishes, exotic or otherwise 0 0%
Dog AND Cat lover 1 7.69%
Birds, exotic or otherwise 0 0%
Reptiles (yes, that includes snakes) 0 0%
Rodents (sounds bad, but they ARE cute, like hamsters, ferrets, etc) 0 0%
Other (Please explain!) 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 10:06 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Good Wednesday!

Good morning, no thread yet I see....my turn!

To all you Americans, Happy Independance Day!! Hope you all enjoy your day off!

Stacey - good luck and congrats on your wedding!!

Belle

Last edited by Belle2000; 07-04-2001 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:31 PM   #2  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default I'm Back!!!!

Hi Everyone, I have not been around for a couple of weeks, I was away for one(New Orleans) and the week before that I was insanley busy, I am in a wedding in September and I had to finalize my dress(get the pattern and material) and help with some of the planning!!! I just popped in quickly, I haven't even had a chance to read any of the missed postings Maybe by the end of the weekend.......... I hope all the Americans are having a great 4th of July.......I also hope that all the Canadians had a Fabulous July 1st!!!!!!!! Not only have I not been around here for a couple of weeks I have not WI for 3 weeks, I decided though that I will go to WI tonight and accept the gain.......I lost all my motivation and have eaten with reckless abandonment........not quite sure what happend but I figure that coming back here and catching up will help!!!! I have missed you guys Well I will check back later(promise!!!) hope everyone has a great day......

Hi Belle!!!

Stephanie
Old 07-04-2001, 01:07 PM   #3  
Proud Mama

Hi Belle & Stephanie~

Sure is quiet around here with the holiday. My DS and DH are both sleeping, so my house is quiet too! (DS is down for a nap and DH has a bad headache.)

I've been scanning pictures all morning of the before/during phases of my kitchen construction project. Now I'm working on finding a free web host so that I can throw together a page. I used to have a website, but the host merged with another and somehow I got lost in the shuffle and lost all my hard work.

Still haven't gotten back on track with my eating, but at least I'm coming here again... I'm hoping that continual posting will help motivate me!

Cheers!
Old 07-04-2001, 01:11 PM   #4  
Proud Mama

Default The poll...

I voted "other" because I'd really love to have a dog as a pet but because of our lifestyle (never home and travel frequently) a dog just isn't a good choice right now! We have a darling kitty that we've had for 8 years now (he's 12). He's diabetic so we have to give him insulin shots twice a day. But he's the most affectionate. wonderful cat! We originally got a cat instead of a dog because they are generally easier to care for, but Watson kind of threw a wrench into the works with his high maintenance needs!

We have also had a ferret but he passed away from old age.

Has anyone else ever noticed how many people are allergic to cats??? I swear, 3/4 of our friends are highly allergic and it's such a pain!

Janet
Old 07-04-2001, 02:43 PM   #5  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Just checking in quickly ... I have been away from the computer because WIMBLEDON is on and I LOVE WIMBLEDON!!! And now I am guaranteed a fav player in the final on Sunday because Ivanisevic is playing Henman in the semi ... if only it was the final ... ah well. Just like every year, I have been inspired to go and play tennis now, so am just trying to persuade blokey ...

Stephanie - welcome back! Wow, New Orleans ... you're so lucky. Fingers crossed WI tonight isn't too horrible, but YAY! on you for facing up to it

Janet - tell us when you get the website up and running!

Belle - cool poll! I vote kitty because I LOVE CATS!!! We can't have any pets at the mo because we live in college acocmmodation and they're banned, plus it looks like we'll be moving around for the next few years. My baby, Jennyanydots, lives at home with Mum and Dad, so I only get to see her about once a month, and she usually ignores me for ages when I get there, to punish me for abandoning her. She is the world's biggest tart, she loves men and is all over Blokey the second he walks in the door ... jealous, moi?

Stacey, if you check in, I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. Have a fabulous day, a wonderful honeymoon, and an incredible rest-of-your-life. See you in a couple of weeks!

Ok, gotta go - more tennis!

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 07-04-2001, 03:41 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Ugh, I just ate 2 peices of pizza (thin crust thank god) and a cookie...a warm, homemade chocolate chip cookie, it was worth it. I can't believe how busy the week before vacation is!! Lolly - cute name for your cat!!

Steph - welcome back! Good for you for accepting what the scale says, but you may be surprised! You never know....

Janet - how long do ferrets live?

Well, I better work - no lunch hour for me....just eating during meetings (free food though....too bad not free in points )

Adios amigos.
Old 07-04-2001, 06:12 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking

Hey Chicks
Happy4th! Woowoo and stuff
I had to work today and didnt weigh in yesterday b/c My appointment has been moved for the third time to july 17th
but im back on track because DRUMMROLL PLEASE
2 months Till IRELAND WOWOOOWOOOWOOOO
gee do you think im excited
I voted Other b/c I love Doggies Kitties and Birdies
our dogs are/were
Draka till i was 6 a giant St Bernard she was my best friend
and Currently
the insane brothers
Jack and Murph
our cats were
Pooty
Target
Sam
and Junior
Junior we had for 7 years I was bad and brought him home from school without permission
our Birds were
Davey
Spike
Wilma
Phydough
and Elvis
ok i gotta run and make dinna for my Lazy arse Ok not so lazy they have been painting nd cleaning while i have been engaging the freaks of the world in less than meaningful conversation Family
PS BELLLLLE thanks for the card
Closed Thread