Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #1  
**Kristin**

Default Moms Losing Weight!!! #38

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!
Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #2  
**Kristin**

WHOA! STOP THE PRESS! LOL! I have never, ever been up early enough to post first! I just wanted to come and say hi really quick before breakfast. I had a vomiting child all weekend So I didn't get here at all! I will be back later to post a catch up a little!

WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:11 AM   #3  

Hey Kristin, I'm here, just hadn't gotten to post yet. I am doing some research on different diet books. I think for the next challenge I am going to try something new. Sorry, Syd is sick. HOpe she is better soon. How is that ankle anyway?
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!!!

Well, off to a new start job-wise for us. I hope dh is doing okay!

Kristin! I hope that Syd feels better soon! Oh vomiting, lovely. Poor baby! I hope this one passes soon!

Hi Mel- what are you researching? Is it to kind of jumpstart your plan?

Chris-Whoooo Hooooo! Oneunderland!!!!!

That SBD must be agreeing with you, Keep up the good work!

I have to go back and read all the other posts from yesterday, but hi Jeniqua, Michelle, Gretchen, Ricci, Tabitha, Cindi, Geri, Jillybean, Penny (hugs), and my e.t. Deana! TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies!! I just wanted to say a quick hello. Our tower for our computer is acting up so dh is going to buy a new one today. So, I might not be back on today. Way to go challengers!! You all rock..Woo Hoo!!

Chris~ You really went out with a bang in this challenge! ONDERLAND!! How does it feel?? The SBD is a wonderful plan. I am looking forward to joing you next week.

Kristin~ Good morning!! You really are up early. I'm sorry Syd's sick. I hope she's feeling better soon. How are you doing with the SBD??

mel~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did great in the challenge. I am soo happy for you. I know we are all winners. I am looking forward to the next challenge. I want to know what kind of research you are doing too!! Do tell, do tell!!

Roxy~ Good morning!! I'm sure your dh is doing just fine. How are you coping with him gone?? Have a lovely day!! Looking forward to chatting again soon.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:56 AM   #6  
**Kristin**

hi Im back for a quick minute!

Gonna get personal with what I remember! LOL....sorry if its not much!

Chris - way to go! You are melting, I am starting to see a loss with South Beach too, and I love it. I love the way I feel even more than anything! Way to go girlfriend !!!

Melissa - I think you look great! You are doing so well, keep up the great work! I think that is good that you are keeping your options open for finding a new eating plan. Join the beach!! I love it, and I am not hungry ever!

Roxy - Hi! Hope that the new arrangement for you guys will work out and dh is getting enough sleep! Let us know how everyone is doing and how he likes it so far!

Michelle - Don't get so discouraged! You are on the right track and working so hard, and baby it shows! YOu are looking really good, and ****, you started the challenge, you got all of us motivated to do it together again, so for that you should also be proud! Love ya, keep going, you can do it!!

Okay told you taht was short, can't remember much, plus trying to get this done before the nurse gets here. Here is my update for ya'll. Sick kid- Sydney was getting sick from friday night until yesterday morning....up all night on Saturday Poor gal, got that 24 flu bug thing! Ankle - good, for the most part. I have been doing my little stretches like a good girl! I relaxed a lot on sunday with it elevated, that helped a lot. it was a long few nights for us, with sydney being sick, so yesterday I jsut relaxed all day. Went and bought a new area rug and groceries and sat on my butt pretty much the rest of the day. Did good with eating, except for Saturday night. I had a medium french fry from MC D's...it was so bad, I felt discusting and my stomach hurt so bad, Im a not going to be doing that again. They didn't even taste that freat after the first few fries. Don't know why I kept eating. I guess for me, old habits die hard...ugh. So I am back on track today though! Okay, nurse is pulling up, perfect timing...
Gotta run, I'll BBL to catch up with the rest of ya's! Love to my chickies!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Okay I totally gorged myself in my sorrows yesterday but I start today anew and I think I too am going to go back on SBD. It worked well for me until I got bored with the menu, so today I'll go to the store and stock up on the foods I need, I'm also going to do the gazelle for an hour today and some resistance training as well. I'm so disappointed in myself I feel like a LOSERRRRRR, well not a loser of weight just a big loser lol.

Kris, how is your ankle feeling? I miss you girlie!! How is g-ma? I hope syd gets better soon, Teagan is a snotty nose this morning I think she's getting sick.

Deana, how's it going sweetie pie?

Jeniqua, you are doing so great girl keep it up!!

Roxy how goes it? Are you gonna join in on the next challenge?

Okay well I need to get busy and get my exercise in so I can sit and write my paper!
Love to you all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #8  

Hey girls!

I just finished 40 minutes on the gazelle and 32 oz of water down as well. I've got my vitamins down and my meds as well. I'm gonna do 20 minutes of resistance training as well. I'm going to MAKE my husband hold me accountable, I need his help at home and I think that will entail our whole family eating healthy. I watched the national body challenge, the skinny of fat while on the gazelle and all the information they presented just made me work harder. I'm back with a vengance I tell ya! So I just thought I would let you know how my exercise went today so far! Hope you are all doing well. Remember the next challenge starts on the 20th! We all need to get mels prize to her too so we'll get that information up in a bit

Michelle
Old 02-07-2005, 12:48 PM   #9  

Okay nevermind I just did another 20 minutes on the gazelle I'll do my resistance training after I'm done with my paper, so I've gotten an hour of exercise already today. Now time for me to sit down and write my paper.

Hope you are all doing well!
Michelle
Old 02-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #10  

Roxy, Hope dh is doing well with the new job today. Keeping my fingers crossed. I was researching some different detox type diets. Where you eat certain things at certain time for a certain period of time to rid your body of toxins. My mother does it once a year to cleanse the body of all kinds of things. I was also looking at things to cleanse the body of Yeast. It's not so much to lose weight, but it will or should make losing weight easier if your body works more effeciently.

Michelle, you know I already spoke to ya. You can do this girl. Don't be upset. Luv ya gally.

Jenny, HELLLO out there. Hope you get the new puter up and running soon.

ANyway, TOM came today, as I suspected. No gym, because dd is coughing and I have a head ache that is shooting out my left eye. I am eating very well today. Finally all the cravings are gone.....ahhh. I hate craving food like that. I am spending the day with the kiddos. headed to the library. bbl to check in....

Oh yeah, Kris, thanks for the suggestion on south beach. It's not for me though. One, I can't eliminate breads and stuff, and two, the meats aren't good with my kidney problem. I really need to just eat everything in moderation. Not easy sometimes, but it does work for me when I follow it! Thanks though. I would love to be joining, you JIlly and Chris on your quest with SBD. ...and now Michelle too.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

hey ladies! no gym for me today. Bayley is sick AGAIN!! Does it never end? She's acting ok but has a cough and a runny nose and I don't think the other moms at the gym daycare would appreciate me bringing her in, even though I think that's where she caught it to begin with. I hope she is well enough tomorrow so I can do pilates, I'm really enjoying that and I don't want to get out of the habit of going.

So I ate what a wanted last night at the super bowl party but I can't say I went overboard so I felt pretty good about it afterward. I also made these mini cheesecake things that were totally phase one, I will post the recipe at the end of this thing. They are pretty good and people who weren't even on the diet liked them so I know they must taste ok even if your not on a diet! lol

Well today it's off to volunteer in the classroom, appointment with the tax man and grocery shopping. I am super excited to get money back for taxes, we always reinvest it someway into the house, this year we are getting this huge, nasty tree on the side of our house cut down, painting and making an island for our kitchen, making vegetable garden boxes on the side of the house and hopefully we will have enough to put up our picket fence we have been wanting (and needing since Bayley runs wild now lol). Tax time seems like the only time of year we can really get any big projects done around here so it's an exciting time. Ok enough about that, sorry I'm excited can you tell! lol

Michelle, good for you for all the exercise and water all ready!! We have NO food in this house so I am having a hard time already lol. However there's nothing bad to eat either so I guess I'm doing ok. I hope you can get a lot done on your paper, I need to get on my annotated bibs before I run out of time! ahhhhh Anyway maybe we'll be working on them together today! I'm so excited for the next challenge too! I know you have done a lot of work on this next one and changed it up a bit so it will be exciting to see what you have done! Oh and it sounds like Bayley got Teagan sick lol that's what B has too! Oh and one more thing, I'm glad you are going to join SBD. I'm not sure how long ago you did it but there are some great recipes on 3fc for it. I think it would be hard to get bored with all the choices, however I'm scared to try some of the recipes lol Anyway good luck with it! I'm glad you are on board with all of us!!

Hi Kris!! Sorry Syd was so sick this weekend. I always hated having the 24 hour stomach flu. I got it a lot as a kid. I hope Bayley doesn't. At least it only lasted for 24 hours but I bet it seemed longer than that. I'm glad you got to rest up yesterday. I bet it made the ankle feel better. I'm so happy SBD is working for you too! I am supposed to be in phase 2 but I'm kind of scared so I'm kind of hanging between phase 1 and 2. I want to incorporate fruit again though cuz I know it's good for me so I'm just slowly introducing it, which I guess is what you are supposed to do anyway. I've just really slowed down in the losing dept though and I think it's cuz I'm close to my goal weight. Anyway I miss chatting it up with ya, we need to chat soon!!

Hi Mel! Those cleansing diets sound cool. If you try one let us know how it goes. I was reading on the SBD 3fc thread and some lady was talking about something to kick start losing again, and it doesnt have anything to do with SBD but how European women never get fat or something (I'm trying to remember but I'll give you the gist of it) so anyway this lady visited the states and gained 25 pounds! So when she went home her doctor looked at her eating and exercise habits for 3 weeks and told her to boil a huge thing of leeks and drink one cup of the broth every hour for the whole weekend and when she wanted to eat something she could eat some of the leeks with olive oil and lemon juice. I guess its supposed to work. This lady that posted this info was going to try it in the next couple of days and tell everyone what happened. Anyway sorry that was so long just wanted to share since it sounded like a cleansing diet. Hope your headache goes away!

Jeniqua I hope your computer is up and running soon!!!

Hi Roxy! I hope dh has a good first day at his new work, and can still get plenty of sleep! So does he have 2 jobs now? When does he ever get to rest?

Ok Bayley is asleep again (she was super grouchy while I was trying to write this and she's only been up for 1.5 hours!) so I need to jump in the shower while I have the time. I'll be back later! Hope you all have a great day!!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Orange Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin
1 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 container (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese, cubed
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping

STIR boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 min. until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 5 min. Pour into blender container. Add cheeses; cover. Blend on medium speed until well blended, occasionally scraping down side of blender container; pour into large bowl.

ADD whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top with spatula. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Remove side of pan just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Ok above is the original recipe. I made it with strawberry jello and lined a muffin tin with liners and made little individual cheesecakes. Also I know it might look a little disturbing to have the cottage cheese in there but you can't see or taste it so I'm guessing it's just for consistency. Anyway if they sound appealing, make them. I thought they were good and nice to have on hand when you want something sweet.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!

Mel- Duh! I'm sorry I forgot to congratulate you on winning the challenge! You have worked so hard! My feeling is that all of you were winners (and losers! ) I do hope that cleanse works for you! Those yeast conditions are nasty and hard to get rid of.

Michelle- now, now...why do you feel like a loser? My goodness, look how close you are to going under and in addition to that the exercise you are putting out lately! You are def. NOT a loser! Unless you mean in weight. I'm glad you are starting SBD with some of the other girls, I think that it is wonderful to get a change of pace when you get in a slump. I'm all for that! You sound re-energised, and yes (!) I am definately IN on the next challenge!

Kristin- I hope Syd is better this morning, do you have to avoid G-ma so she won't get this bug? This could be devastating for an older person with heath problems. My ds #2 in Kansas called me and told me he had the flu and it developed into bronchitus. Yuck! He missed like 4 days of school and is having trouble catching up. Fortunately, if I can say that, the entire school is sick and maybe the teachers will have mercy on them.

Jeniqua- Hi! , I had fun chatting with you too the other night, I certainly hope that you don't have to many nights like that anymore! Is ds better? We will survive this change and with any luck it won't be the entire year ( I hope!) we shall see. right now I'm making supper and finishing my loud chores so later I will be able to keep everyone as quiet as a dozen people can be! HA! I'll try, anyway!

Jillybean-Yes, dh has 2 jobs now. one from 11-7, then he's training from 8-3:30 in a town an hour away from here. For a while it will be hairy! I hope he gets some rest!! I don't know I'm no against this but I'm worried about him! He's not a spring chicken anymore. But I think he wants out of the other place so desperately that he's willing to take it on!

So now...how many of you are on SBD? Michelle, Chris, Kristin, Jilly, Jeniqua...is that the count or no? Now in the spirit of Lent (me) I didn't give up candy or booze, cause I don't have to. I don't have to curtail my eating, I all ready am. So I have given it, considerable thought and decided to get WATP and do it everyday for 30 minutes (at least). Not that that's a punishment per se but lent is a good time to form an additional (good) habits and consistently do them. My walking is sporadic at best, and I HAVE to exercise more frequently! So that is my mini goal just thought I'd put it in writing so I would have more accountabilty and see it in black and white. I know this is not earthshaking to you gymrats, but I'm so sedentary, it's a big move for me!TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #14  
I will suceed!!!

Wink An Inspirational Poem for an inspirational group...

THE RACE
by: D. H. Groberg

"Quit! Give up! You're beaten!" they shout at me and plead.
"There's just too much against you now; this time you can't succeed!"

And as I start to hang my head in front of failure's face,
My downward fall is broken by the memory of a race.

A children's race, young boys, young men--how I remember well.
Excitment, sure--but also fear. It wasn't hard to tell.

They all lined up, so full of hope. Each thought to win that race.
Or tie for first, or if not that, at least take second place.

And fathers watched off the side, each cheering for his son.
And each boy hoped to show his dad that he would be the one.

The whistle blew--and off they went, young hearts on hopes afire.
To win and be the hero was each young boy's desire.

And one boy in particular, whose dad was in the crowd,
Was running near the lead and thought to win, "My dad would be so proud!"

But as he speeded down the field, across a shallow dip,
The little boy, who thought to win, lost his step and slipped.

Trying hard to catch himself, his hands flew out to brace,
And 'mid the laughter of the crowd, he fell flat on his face.

So down he fell, and with him hope--he couldn't win it now.
Embarrassed, sad, he only wished to disappear somehow.

But as he fell, his dad stood up and showed his anxious face,
Which to the boy so clearly said: "Get up and win the race."

He quickly rose, no damage done, behind a bit--that's all,
And ran with all his might and mind to make up from the fall.

So anxious to restore himself--to catch up and to win--
His mind went faster than his legs--he slipped and fell again!

He wished then he had quit before, with only one disgrace.
"I'm hopeless as a runner, now. I shouldn't try to race."

But in the laughing crowd he searched, and found his father's face.
That steady look which said again, "Get up and win the race!"

So up he surged to try again--ten yards behind the last--
"If I 'm to gain those yards," he thought, "I've got to move real fast."

Exerting everything he had, he regained eight or ten.
But trying hard to catch the lead, he slipped and fell again.

DEFEAT! He lay there silently, a tear dropped from his eye.
"There's no sense running anymore. Three strikes--I'm out! Why try?"

The will to rise had disappeared. and hope had fled away.
So far behind, so error prone--a loser all the way.

"I've lost, so what's the use," he thought; "I'll live with my disgrace."
But then he thought about his dad whom soon he'd have to face.

"Get up," an echo sounded low, "Get up and take your place.
You are not meant for failure here. Get up and win the race."

"With borrowed will, get up," it said. "You haven't lost at all.
For winning is no more than this--to rise each time you fall."

So up he rose to run once more and with a new commit,
He resolved that win or lose, at least he wouldn't quit!

So far behind the others now--the most he'd ever been.
Still, he gave it all he had and ran as though to win.

Three times he'd fallen, stumbling. Three times he rose again,
Too far behind to hope to win, he still ran to the end.

They cheered the winning runner, as he crossed the line--first place.
Head high and proud and happy--no falling, no disgrace.

And even though he came in last, with head held low, unproud,
You would have thought he won that race, to listen to the crowd.

And to his dad he sadly said, "I didn't do so well."
"To me, you won," his father said. "You rose each time you fell."

And now when things seem dark and hard and difficult to face,
The memory of that little boy helps me in my own race.

For all of life is like that race, with ups and downs and all.
And all you have to do to win is rise each time you fall.

"Quit! Give up! You're beaten!" they still shout in my face,
But another voice within me says, "Get up and in the race."

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It's one of my favorites and provides inspiration in many areas of my life!

Last edited by Redskirt1; 02-07-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:37 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Ladies...
Today is almost over. Thank GOD! I have to work tomorrow too. The other gal had knee surgery on friday and doesn't feel well enough to come in yet. I ate good today. I'm hoping to see some more of this weight coming off me. I can't say I'll get any exercise in today because most of our house is in shambles. We have just a tad more painting to do but Kelly has been texturing the walls...so I'll be busy tonight.

Michelle-You go girl! You have alot of spunk and you'll get to ONEderland fast. Then you'll get to your goal....

Roxy-Hi hon! Dh is working 2 jobs? Busy man. How's the SB treating you?

Jill-You're dessert recipe..IS IT SOMETHING I CAN DO IN PHASE 1? I love new recipes. This SB thing is teaching me lots of stuff. I'm actually enjoying cooking for the first time in my life. It's fun to make healthy food. I'm coming to realize I may have some kitchen skills....

Kristin-Syd is sick? Poor little honey. My oldest, Tiana is battling a cold. I'm not sure who is going to win. She has asthma and since she's got this virus, she's been wheezing.

Melissa-You're going to do a different diet? Sounds like a winner. I'm going to stick with what I have going with SB for a while.

Jeniqua-Did ya get your new tower? I hate 'puter problems. Nothing is more aggravating when the thing won't work right.

Tabitha-Hi gal! What's happening in your world? Nice poem, by the way.

Okay..gotta think about dinner. Then put on the grubbies and get down and dirty with the paint brush... Nothing like a nice relaxing night at home.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote