Old 02-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #1  
crazy4my6kidz

Thumbs up New Chicks, Old Chicks, Need a Buddy? Come on in!

Ok Chicks,
We need some new buddies, new challenges, new bodies for the new year! We all need support and encouragment, a kick in the rear end or just a laugh to get us going again when we make a pit stop. Jump in and tell us about yourself, what motivates you? What makes you pull over and take a break? What are your long term/short term goals? What scares you about this journey? We are all in the same race, just taking different roads to get there, but we can still be here for each other, COME ON!!

My name is Kathy, married 18 years in June. Mom of 6 wonderful kids-girls 19, 11, 9 and 4, boys 17 and 2. I quit smoking 3 years ago this April after smoking for 18 years. I started this weight loss race at 272 last July and am now at 234.5!!! My short term goals I call the "9's", I want to see the next 9 on the scale-229, 219, 209, well you get it!! My long term goal is 160. My motivation is I want off high bp meds, I don't want diabetes(runs in my family), I want to be here for the children of my children(I have a 2 year old, it will be AWHILE before he has children) and I don't want to be the FAT mom in my kids wedding pictures. I just really want to be healthy again!
What scares me? I don't think it really scares me but it pushes me- When I was at 272 I weighed more than my hubby, who is a large man. When I got down to 245, he decided he wanted to lose weight also. At that time he weighed 262. He is now down to 247! I don't want to weigh more than him again!! I need to get my rear in gear!!

Well I hope you decide to join in, it's always fun to meet new people.

Peace,
Kathy
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Smile Hi Kathy

I found the new thread!

My name is Carol, I am 58 years young, a retired factory worker-now a writer of children's stories working on my first book.
I have a bf (Tom) of 11 years, 2kids Shawn 33 and Dawn 27. They are both married to great spouses and Shawn has 4+(1/4) children. Shawn and Crys live in NC, Dawn and Rick in Ohio as do I.

My top weight was 279, when I came to this site it was 275. I am not sure where I am as My bathroom is under construction and when done I will have this great level tile floor for my old heavy scales.

I take a diet vitamin with ECGC in it - a great craving cutter.
I try to eat healthy and keep busy, I will soon have my house back and lots to do-decluttering, cleaning and painting. I will be able to set up an exercise room too. That and my office are upstairs, figure when my eyes are tired, I can hop on one of the machines-inherited most of them.

I want to get off meds(went from 3bp pills to 1/2) get my type2 diabetes under controll and find my body slowly so I don't have so much that is sagging. I want to wear clothes that are not in the womens size, I want to were clothes that have a waist. This apple shape has got to go!

I want to have the health to write books that make kids smile.
I want to see my grandbabies grow up to be parents too.
Since my DD hasn't started hers yet, i'll have to hang around awhile.

Hey bandit, hope you find this thread too.
Let's enjoy our trip to thin land together.

Carol
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:27 AM   #3  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Hi everyone!! Im new here and read this thread and thought I would post...
I am determine that 2005 is going to be MY year to get this weight off me!!
Im Selena, 40 years old, married for 18 years and have no children.
I am starting SouthBeach tomorrow..I would like to lose close to 100 pounds...I really need a buddy to keep me going...
I just wanted to say HI...I hope to post often...I have really enjoyed reading this board over the past few days..
Selena
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:19 AM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hi, I'm 25, happily unmarried to my bf for 10 yeas this march, no kids (I'm allergic!), just our baby fuzzy... (cat) and am ready to get down to my lowest adult weight! I weigh 250, my first goal is 190, my final goal is 175. I weigh in tomorrow...can't wait, I've been doing everything right so hopefully there will be a loss...my goal for february is to lose 8 lbs and walk 60 miles for the month, so far I've walked 19.80 miles. My motivation? I'm borderline diabetic...I don't want diabetes and yes it runs in my family. Also, I'm a 40 F and I need my boobs to shrink hardcore! Last year I lost 70 lbs and they only went down one size...augh it's aweful!

I hate weighing more than my bf too, he weighs around 225 so I had betta get to work...

Last edited by lottie63; 02-06-2005 at 02:46 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #5  

Smile Hello and welcome

Hi Selena and Lottie,
Welcome aboard!
I have alot to lose too.
I also outweigh my bf and he's almost a foot taller.
I have large chest too, backbreakers. If I got skinny I would maybe go to a D but it would be a smaller D. Cup sizes use less material as we shrink.
Did you ever try on a coat too large and find how low the pockets are and how huge the hoods are? they act like our necks are giant size and the arm holes are almost to our waists.

I've thought about the South beach but haven't picked up the book yet.
Talk to you soon.
Carol
Old 02-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #6  
Tygrlilli

Smile New Here Too

I am new to this site and so excited about the number of people that are willing to help support our cause. I look forward to the support and friendship of this site to make my journey over the next months an easier one. I, in turn, will help others as well.
I am a 51 year old female, that husband has left after 35 years of marriage. Thankfully our 5 children are grown, and I am able to concentrate on me. I have tried with some success the South beach diet and slipped on that during the holidays. I have not been able to get back on SB faithfully since. I have been reading the DASH diet since my doctor mentioned it, and I am going to give it a try starting Monday - February 7, 2005. My BP is being controlled by a daily diruretic, and I take Crestor to lower my cholesterol. I am still healthy but heading in the direction of not if I don't get me under control.
I look forward to some "Buddy" support, and will check back on FC daily.

Good Luck to all and thank you for this wonderful site

Denise

Last edited by Tygrlilli5; 02-06-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Tygrlilli5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:12 AM   #7  

Smile Welcome

Hi Denise,

What is the DASH diet? I don't think I could do the first two weeks of the SB diet.
I could jump in on the reg I think. I like the idea of choosing mostly low glycemic foods. Just learning good eating habits helps your health; but, losing makes a bigger difference.
I know what you mean about concentrating on yourself-kind of nice after years of putting what you want on hold. Too bad your hubby didn't stay to appreciate the new you. It will be his loss.

Welcome aboard.
Carol
Old 02-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #8  
Maria-Paz

Wink Hello Everybody !

Hi there,

I found this forum by mistake, looking for some pictures through Google.
I have tried to lose the 30 pounds that are pulling me down since the birth of my third child. I am 41 y/o and this year I decided this is the serious attempt to lose the pounds. I am pretty active, I love doing Power Yoga, treadmill, Pilates. I have every workout equipment and Dvd's you can imagine at home, I just don't find the time to do anything without the kids interrupting me I also do daycare at home), so I mostly end up doing the treadmill 4 times a week.
I think belonging to a group where everybody is pushing for the same goal may be the answer for me. It will keep me motivated not to skip the daily workout.

Danicomia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #9  

I need a buddy. I feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I want to lose some weight, but my biggest goal is to stop emotional eating. I am 21 years old, Married for 1 and a half years. We have a 6 month old baby girl. I have managed to lose all my pregnancy fat, and am now a smaller size than ever, but I'm not satisfied. I walk 3 miles 5 times a week. I am really interested in the South beach diet, and would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
Lizzibird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #10  
crazy4my6kidz

Talking Hello Everyone!!

WOW!! So cool to come in and see so many new people!! Glad you found your way here Carol!! Selena, Lottie, Denise, Danicomia, Lizzibird--I'm so glad you joined us. I hope we can all get to know each other and give each other the support and encouragement we all need on the journey to our better bodies!! I know I need some support right now It must be TOM, cause yesterday I ate SO much chocolate and today I can't get enough salt!! I weighed this morning and only gained 1/2# from last week, but I don't think the brownies I ate yesterday have caught up with my butt yet I'll check it out again on Wed! I can't wait until next week when I get my new treadmill! I told my hubby the house would be a wreck for awhile cause I'm not gonna get off of it for days I love to walk , but it has been so cold I can't take the 2 little ones out, so I've been bummed-I HATE COLD WEATHER!! I was born and raised in the CA sun, it's COLD in Idaho! I would NEVER live in CA again, but I do miss the warmer weather. Okay, okay, I'll quit whining now
Well, it's bedtime for these kiddos, and maybe mommy too!
See you all tomorrow and remember-
"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does
bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
So come back again tomorrow!!

Peace,
Kathy

Last edited by gfmomx6; 02-07-2005 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Just 'cause I felt like it! :)~
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #11  

Hi all,

I came by to update my fat ticker (woo hoo!) and found this thread so I thought I'd say Hi. Boy can I relate to those of you who mentioned type II diabetes - avoiding that diagnosis is what got me started on my weight loss journey. I can honestly report that stabilizing your blood sugar and eating healthy really does make you feel wonderful!

I think, though, that the hardest part of losing weight for someone with blood sugar issues is that you're not fighting general hunger - you're fighting sugar crashes. And sugar crashes can't just be met by sheer will power alone - your brain is screaming for carbohydrates, and you feel downright ill if you don't eat them. That was the trap I was in for nine years after my first child was born - trying to lose weight by eating less, experiencing low blood sugar, and then overfeeding my shaking, nauseous body with carbohydrates to feel better. But I've found great success in the last year pushing my body away from blood sugar hunger and toward experiencing only real hunger - the kind of hunger you feel when it's simply time to re-fuel your body. If anyone else can relate to that, let me know! I'd be glad to give support and encouragement!
shaky_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:25 AM   #12  

Hellooooo everyone!! I'm so excited to be here because this means, THIS IS IT!!! I finally stepped my butt on the scale and saw 253. AARRRRGH!!! I am at my heaviest. I have HB and diabetes in my family and I don't want medication. I started today with choosing the right foods and quantity, as well as exercising. I am beyond determined to make a life style change. I want to be healthy for life. It's great to know that we are all in it together. So day 1 has gone by in success and I'm looking forward to day 2. Chat with you all later.

mythicgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #13  
No Uno Mas?

Default Hello

Hello Everyone,

I'm Christina, I'm in transition from WW to Slim Fast and countning calories..so far so good. I am having the same problem as I did with WW. I can't seem to eat enough. I work and go to school and getting ready to take a tennis class and violin lessons. I need to lose a total of 100 pounds but I think I can be comfortable at a loss of 90 pounds. I'm 30 years old and single so I don't have to worry about what someone else is going to eat. I only need to focus on myself.
Take Care
Christalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #14  

It is so comforting to come here everyday. All of us are in the same boat and, unlike in the real world, there is no one here to judge or point fingers. We are doing this together and I consider all of you my friends.
I usually stop by first thing in the morning and throughout the day...if I need a little inspiration or motivation! I could never do this dieting thing on my own and always believed in the past that to lose weight meant that you had to starve yourself. Because of all the knowledge I have learned here, I know now that starvation is NOT the way!! I have been on this new eating regimin (I hate the word diet)going on 4 weeks now and am still boggled that I am losing weight by eating! I have stopped eating all of the "no-no's" and have let new healthy food's enter my life. I am not on any particular kind of "diet", just try to stay with in 1200-1400 calories per day. I dusted of my Gazelle and even bought an exercise bike. Thanks everyone for being so supportive and thank you 3fatchicks for always being here when I need you! Lisa
snoskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:27 AM   #15  

Smile WOW! Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone. Just popped in to say Hello and Wecome Everyone!

Have workers comming in an hour so have to run. They will be done with new room in a few days. I will have my house back and plenty of exercise cleaning and painting and throwing things away. Used up nice closet for new bath/laundry.

Did take the dog for a nice walk till my hip started hurting. Will get better if I keep pushing it. Weather turning cold again-even for the little dog. :sman:

My old house will keep me busy-have to take down plaster in one bedroom. Moving furniture to differnt rooms to work. Eventually I will be able to take the exercise equiptment from the shed to a room close to my office. Then when my eyes are tired-

Got to run-have 40 min to get a shower and dressed

Check in tomorrow!

Carol