Old 02-07-2005, 08:06 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday Chat 2/7

Ugh!! It's Monday. I did great program wise..but I've figured it out....it's my SINUSES giving me problems. That figures w/the change in weather and all. LOVE the gorgeous weather we've been having but it's wreaking havoc on my nose!! I've got the day off today so not sure what DH and I will be doing. Taking back a pair of pants we bought for him (don't fit--different brand than usual, isn't that always the case?). Maybe take a couple rings in to get re-sized. LOVE it when stuff like that happens!!! Hope you all had a great weekend!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #2  
thin within

hi brenda and all to come. i was glad to find out that i do not have strep. in fact, the white spot was completely gone this morning. my dr. has decided that my sinuses are my main problem. something in the air here is aggravating them. we had a few flurries today, but not enough to stick. instanbul schools were closed today due to so much snow. we usually get whatever istanbul has within a couple of days. i worked out at the gym again today, so feeling good about that. actually last week i joined marie in trying scarsdale. i managed to drop 8 lbs between monday and friday. then i had corn and a small piece of cheesecake with dinner at a function saturday night, but weighed the same the next morning. then sunday i indulged in some m&m's a couple of cookies that i made for the youth group. so, i was up 2 lbs this morning, but expect them to be gone tomorrow. it said on the scarsdale site that a lot of people do atkins or southbeach on the 2 weeks of keeping it trim. you do 2 weeks on scarsdale, then 2 off, and so forth. at any rate, that is what i am doing right now. i know it is not atkins, but seems to be working. i'm still shopping around trying to find what works best for me, as that is the only way to keep off the weight long-term. i am determined to get this weight off this time. making it to the gym at least 4 times a week is helping me get there. have a great day everyone. i need to get supper going soon. take care and good luck to us all!
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:31 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

I'm home today DD is sick so I'll be taking her to the doctors around 1 pm. Poor thing can't break her fever, she's been 103+ since yesterday. The motrin, tylenol, motrin thing isn't helping. So we'll see what the dr says. Last night she got up at 1:30 pm, took some meds, and I put a cool towel on her head.

I think everyone is suffering with alergies this year, I can't seem to name one person that isn't sniffling or sneezing. Strange year its been.

Congrats to those losing weight

Have a wonderful day
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #4  

Good morning!

I had a big run yesterday, 5.5miles. That's the most I've EVER run in one stretch. The treadmill said I burned 820 calories. I was really hungry when I was done. It felt so good!

This morning I got up and hit the gym again. I only have 30 minutes on the weekday mornings to run, so I've been working on time. I'm almost to the 3 minute mile. Today's distance was 2.93mi. in 30 minutes. I'm getting there! Maybe by next week I'll have hit it.

Hope everyone has a great OP Day!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,

Just flying by to say Hi, I am late for work!

Wanted to wish you all a happy LC day & week!!!!

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #6  

Hi everyone....quick stop by.......still busy at work

Well I am trying to be good today....struggle.....we shall see. At least with work so busy I don't have time to snack

Brenda: How was the scale this weekend? I want to hear how you did...you were so good last week.

Fullfig: I looked at Scarsdale but didn't think I could do it with no fat dressings and mayo.....glad it is working for you.

LOVE2C135: Congrats on the run! I couldn't do that if I tried!

Leenie: Sorry DD is so sick. Hope the doctor helps her out. Good to hear from you.

TG:

Well off an running again. Wish me luck today
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Afternoon

Love~ good going on the running!!

Leenie~ I hope your dd is feeling better soon.

Well, I got on the scale this morning and its down another 1/2 lb. So thats 2.5 for the week. Not bad at all. Im going to make today a big eating day. Ive been having trouble getting in enough calories. Alot of trouble actually. Im just not hungry, and I dont want to eat until Im hungry. But in doing this Im not getting over 800 (avg) calories a day. Todays goal, is to eat 1200 calories!! (at least)

Dh took me to the movies last night, as we went to see Million Dollar Baby, WOW what a movie! Last time I went to a movie that good was when we went to see Monster. We were both thoroughly impressed!! No special effects and crap like that, just an excellent story, with excellent acting!

Made a pot of soup this morning, so I'll get my weights in this afternoon, and my walk too...as long as it doesnt rain.

Other than that, not alot happening around here...have a good one!

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #8  

Well I guess I will just jump on in here if you all don't mind

I checked my blood glucose levels this morning and it was 96 which I am still amazed about...my levels haven't been in the normal range for about 7 years now. Wow. Both my parents have type 2 diabetes (and neither are overweight...yikes) so I am trying to do everything I can to hault it with myself. I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies so I am very high risk. But I am dropping weight like crazy here so I am *really* hoping this WOE will help me with diabetes (I am in the pre-diabetes stage right now) and maybe once I reach my goal weight I won't have as many problems and can slowly add back in whole grains and other carbs. Anyways....

We are all at home today, its kinda crappy out and I keep trying to clean my house which isn't getting done. I homeschool my oldest so we have been busy learning all morning and then I still need to study for a test I have tomorrow. My major is Biology and my emphasis is on Human Biology and Microbiology and I will be apply to medical school in about 2 years- I'm excited about that.

Well I'm baking some salmon and veggies and I think it's done so I'll catch ya'll later.

Oh, one question....is there really not a limit on eggs? I normally only eat 2-3 a day but for breakfast I had 2 scrambled eggs and then about 2 hours later I made some deviled eggs with my girls and had another 2 (they were so good...lol). Is that ok? I feel hungry a lot for some reason.

Marilyn
skinnymini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #9  
thin within

welcome. there is no restriction on eggs, to my knowledge. have a great day!
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Marilyn and Welcome
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote