Old 02-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #1  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Moms Losing Weight!! #37

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #2  
Curves 6-week solution

Hey ladies where are ya'll?!! I'm on the west coast for crying out loud! lmao Anyway I'm so excited to see the results everyone gets. I just jumped on the scale and I think I might see a small loss. I was excited about that. I hope I see a loss in inches though. That's what I really want to see. I'm excited for the next challenge too because as long as there are no more emergency hospital visits I think I will be able to keep up. I don't feel too bad for being in last place since Bayley obviously had to be my first priority then. However I had a goal in mind for this challenge and I didn't quite make it. I know I can do it next time though!!

Anyway hope you ladies are all having a great morning! What's everyone doing for Super Bowl? We're going to my bil's house and having a big get together. I made some SBD approved mini cheesecakes. They're pretty good so I'm excited to bring them. Ok need to go get my measurements done! TTYL
Old 02-06-2005, 12:02 PM   #3  

Good Morning Jilly. I believe this is the first time you have started a new thread. Congrats to you. Don't worry about this challenge anyway. You did the best you could. With this new pilates class and sticking to SBD you will do awesome on the next challenge.

ANYWAY, I have to tell everyone what I just read on the msn site.....CHRIS's WEIGH IN WAS WONDERFUL>>>SHE IS IN ONDERLAND> I'll let her tell ya the number.

Chris... ........I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up and you'll be at 187 soon.

Anyway, my weight in was so so. I was 197.6, but My measurments were all down, so I guess the training is doing it's thing. I'm down 1" in my thighs, put together, my waist and my hips. After tom comes and goes, I'm curious to see what it will be.. I can't wait for the next challenge to begin, so that we really kick butt for summer.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #4  
Curves 6-week solution

Ok so I was just wondering........................WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE!!!!! Geez, It's been awhile since it's been this slow. C'mon challengers at least let us know how you all did! So far it's just been Mel, Chris and me and I want to hear how everyone else is doing!! Ok that's my rant for now. Need to get back to cleaning! TTYL
Old 02-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

There's the magic number....

Today has been busy. Working on my sewing room and trying to keep things from looking like a disaster area! But there is my last WI for the Challenge. I am so looking forward to the next challenge. Good job Jill and Melissa...I'm so proud of you. I'm excited to see what Jeniqua, Penny, and Michelle are at.

BTW has anyone heard from Penny yet? I sure hope her Michelle is getting better.

Back to the grind. I'm pumped now. I can't wait to watch the scale keep going down. SB hasn't treated me bad so far. I have a heads up on alot of people who've started it...1) I have a bread allergy 2) I HATE RICE! 3) I had already made alot of healthy changes with WW.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #6  

Well, ladies, I've been cleaning like a nut today. I reorganized my kitchen cabinets. It's so much better now. I also have been cleaning sheets and all and trying to get the house tidy for when dh gets here. Oh I miss em' so much. So does dd.. Bugga doesn't know to much the difference yet.

Anyway, LIke I said before Congrats to you Chris.

Jilly, I'm soo happy for you too. You must be thrilled!!!!!!!

Here is my progress thus far.......click on the link.

Top Right and left are starting pics from the challenge. Size 16 pants. Lower right and left are the size 16 pants currently..... Way big on me!!! Center is my current picture in my size 14 Jeans. Same brand and style...just smaller.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...alproject2.jpg
Old 02-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

Mel you look great!!! I can really tell a difference. It's funny how we are all so focused on the scale and no one has had a HUGE loss but everyone looks so different you know? I mean we have all had pounds lost just not like 20 or 30 pounds but we look like we have lost 20 or 30! lol Anyway you look great! I hope some more people start posting. I'm getting lonely over here! lol
Old 02-06-2005, 05:09 PM   #8  
I will suceed!!!

Mel, the pictures look great! they really do!

I am holding steady at 250 right now. I was hoping that since I wasn't eating so much this week from being sick that I would have lost something, but I haven't even been exercising or anything. At least I haven't gained either! LOL, oh well. My chest still hurts. It has gotten so bad, that I have been considering a trip to the emergency room, but my h actually yelled at me and said to take my medicine and quit being a baby. That there's nothing a the hospital could do for me. I don't know. The cough medicine really isn't helping, and I feel like my whole body is weighted down. Does that make since? You know, he keeps telling me he wants to work things out, then he goes and says some of the most insensitive things. Whatever. My asthma is just making everything worse. And yes, smoking isn't helping either. Though, that's been cut way back. Can't breath, can't smoke. I have one goal to reach before I start my quest to quit smoking. (Again) I quit once before but I didn't have any healthy eating habits established, and so I gained 40+ pounds. That's what I am afraid of happening again. When I get to 200 lbs, then I will quit smoking. That's the goal I want to reach. Although, this illness may negate that. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll have no choice but to quit. Anyway, I hope everyone did well with the challenge. I am looking forward to participating in the next one. I'll be able to take grainy pics with my webcam....no digital camera yet....Anyway, I need to get up the energy and get some housework done today. Or my apartment will crawl away without me...LOL, have a great week everyone.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Okay I'm pissed beyond all belief...I'm a pound down from yesterday and now I'm at 207.6...this just seems so wrong I gained like 5 lbs overnight! I would understand if I ate a whole friggen pizza...oh well, I'm working hard this week! I'm gonna get to onderland if it kills me!

Okay enough for now I've got a lot of work to do for school my paper is due for peer review on tuesday...yipes...I haven't started writing yet!!

Congrats chris I'm so happy for you and jealous, truth be told lol great job!

happy for you too Jilly and you as well Mel! Way to go!!!

Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hey everyone!
I'd like to call this day "Temptation Sunday." LOL, my Dad made some yummy chicken, roasted potatoes and roasted veggies (all very healthy, but very good), then like 3 hours later we visted Matt's Mom, who also cooked for us. She made pork chops, scalloped potatoes, salad, and my favorite dessert, this pumpkin pie-like thing she makes with cream cheese and graham cracker crumbs (and lots of butter). Well, I am proud to say I was very disciplined. I had one pork chop, a couple slices of potato, salad, and no dessert - just coffee. And my mother in law actually noticed my miniscule weight loss. I was so happy since this woman is known for not noticing things like that. Well, I was feeling bad this morning since my weight loss has been slow.

Tabitha - I am glad to see you posting. I was thinking that I hadn't seen you around lately. I'm sorry you're sick. That is a good goal to quit smoking! I quit a long time ago I'm very glad I did. You'll feel so much better.

Melissa - you look great in your pictures!

Chris - Yay - 197 is a great number! Congrats to you. You all look so great.

Michelle - you'll get to ONEderland. You're doing great, you really are.

Hi Jill, Jeniqua, Penny, Stephanie, Kristin, Geri, Ricci, Roxy, Spryng and Deana.

We're just sitting here watching the boring Super Bowl. Too bad the Ravens aren't in it. Boo! Take care, talk to you tomorrow.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Michelle-Don't be too p.o.ed. Look, I'm the poster child for being mad at my body. How long was I stuck at the same number...Like FOREVER! This SB things makes a difference. When you knock out all the bad carbs, it's like a whole system overhaul. I was kind of in shock to see the results...(have been all day). I'm going to stick with this for awhile. Seeing the numbers fall is encouraging.

THANKS GO TO ALL OF YOU FOR ENCOURAGING ME, KEEPING ME GOING, AND GIVING ME IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS. YOU ARE ALL GREAT AND MY BEST FRIENDS... (I REALLY REALLY WANT ALL OF US TO SUCCED SO BAD.)
I'll have to agree with Jill. There hasn't been dramatic weight losses but the pictures sure tell alot. Our body compositions have changed drastically. WAY TO GO. WE ARE ALL WINNERS! I'm sure Melissa got us all on points... You exercise junkie.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #12  
soontobethin

Good evening all. I too am watching the super bowl. Yeah, too bad the cowboys arent' in it, but as the commercial that was just on said, "tomorrow we're all undeafeated again." The half time show is pretty boring.
Sorry I have been MIA. Thursday my oldest got sick, and I had to pick him up from school, and then he stayed home friday. They don't have school tomorrow, so at least he has 1 more day to rest and get better. I did go get notes and papers from his school friday, and he needed to have a Valentine's box by Tuesday, so my mom and I spent the afternoon making one that looks like spongebob. It's prett cute.
Congrats to everyone who did the challenge. You all look great. Congrats Chris on being in onederland. Have a great evening everyone.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:31 PM   #13  

Michelle, don't be discouraged hun, you are doing wonderfully!!! It'l go down. TOM is Evil ...we all know it!!!!!!! Remember, Chris and I went through the same thing. I was stuck for 8 weeks at 204. I mean come on ya know. You are seeing changes and that's a great thing. Especially, during tom, don't get on that scale as much. I know, believe me I know, it's hard not to, when you want to see a change sooo bad. You will be in ONderland soon..... Luv ya.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #14  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies.. I posted my pictures on the other site already. I am up a half pound from Tom too. I am not disappointed considering a couple of days ago I weighed in at 155!! I've been eating healthy and everything. So, I know Tom is the only reason I gained. I must say I am very proud of myself.

All you BLC's I posted to each of you on the other site..You all did great!!

Penny~ I hope everything is okay! We're thinking of you.

Well I better go straighten up since the kids are asleep already!!(I didn't even have to ask them to go to bed) Have a nice night all!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #15  
I will suceed!!!

Michelle, don't beat yourself up. Some gain more than others where TOM is concerned. I think TOM should be taken out back and beaten, personally...

Anyway, I went to the emergency room after all. It got to the point where I was dizzy and lightheaded way too much, on top of everything else. Got a perscription for an inhaler, so that will help. But also found out that my blood pressure was way low. the top number was in the 80s the first two times they took it. And I didn't think to ask them if medicine like Nyquil or Tylenol Cold and Flu severe could cause it to be so low. Anyway, I am off to bed. Hope everyone has had a great day.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote