Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I've ALREADY got a belly...

Hey everyone... I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!! I know I can't right now because I'm pregnant BUT... I've already gained and I'm a little over 10 weeks. According to the scales I'm registering in at 174.... GEESGH! I'm WAY OUT of my 10's on the way out of the 12's and heading for 14. I better stop there. My belly is already protruduing outward! I've had my first visits and so far so good. I miss this place. You all are doing so well. I read the new posts all the time but I don't fell like I can really offer much advice.. I mean I could but since I'm not doing it right now, It's hard.

After this baby... look out!!!

I miss all of you guys!!

P.S. I am eating right, but with more calories... AND... I crave sweets!!! UGH!

Last edited by tolose85; 02-04-2005 at 08:03 AM.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:46 AM   #2  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Hi Gretchen!!!

We miss you!! I still think you should post everyday - You lost 63 lbs!!!! And like everyone told me in the beginning - you are growing a healthy baby inside. It's going to take a lot out of you.
The first half of my pregnancy I used to feel like why am I coming here - what a joke I am!
But we all have one thing in common - we have all been very fat. We all have the same fears.

Change your goals - ie. exercise every day - drink your water. Keep up these healthy traits. I had a goal from the beginning not to gain more then 20 lbs. When I told my dr that - he said that is good - but don't get depressed if you go over - this baby is very much in charge of your body.

Don't worry about your belly - that's what supposed to happen silly! In a couple more months you will be proud to show it off!!! I am right now.... you should see all the special attn I get. "oh Dana - take this seat it's more comfortable" - "How have you been - I've been thinking about you"
This is a wonderful time in your life!! Milk it baby!!!!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #3  
Learning to love ME!

I agree with Dana--the baby is totally in charge! If you breastfeed, most of the weight will come off fast anyway, so I wouldn't sweat it. I gained 39 pounds with my son, and lost 33 of it in 6 weeks without any effort except nursing. Listen to your body, and eat nutritiously. I know it's hard for those of us who have struggled with our weight to be comfortable with our growing bodies, but you'll feel better once you look more "pregnant" rather than just like you've gained weight.

One thing that REALLY helped me was pre-natal yoga. If there's a class in your area, definitely take it. Because of the yoga, I was graceful throughout my entire pregnancy and I think that helped me feel better about my body.
One more thing--do not feel guilty about eating sweets. I read a study that found women who ate chocolate everyday while pregnant had happier babies than those who abstained. My son is such a happy baby, so you know I was eating a lot of chocolate!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #4  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

I gained 50 lbs with twins, and lost 40 of it in the first 2-3 weeks. You will lose it fast! So just do right now what's good for you & the baby! Congrats!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

wait a sec, gretchen - you've lost a huge amount of weight AND your pregnant and struggling with the weight gain that you MUST have in order to have healthy babies, and you think you shouldn't POST????

my goodness, woman - what better way to get through a 'controlled gain' so that you can basically maintain your superb weight loss???

GET POSTING, DARLIN!! you have a huge amount to contribute here!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #6  
maintainer wannabe

Keep posting!

When I found this board I was very excited to see you pregnant ladies here. My attitude was always who cares, nothing I can do since I'm pg. I bet there are other lurkers out there. This time is totally different. I'm drinking my water, exercising and eating according to my plan.

I know what you mean though. I feel silly posting. I posted under the weekly weigh in twice but I didn't this week. I lost 2 lbs. I am happy to have lost but I feel guilty too. Not exactly weekly weigh in post material

With my first my start weight wasn't much under yours. I gained 45 lbs and lost 35 without doing anything. I joke that I gained 10 for each kid. With 10 kids it kinda added up.

You'll need support for your controlled gain and you have lots of experience so keep posting.

Catherine (20 weeks today!) EDD#11 June 24th <--Amnio says GIRL!
hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
272/255/240/155
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Gretchen!!! It's good to see you. I agree that you are more than welcome to come and post. I would strongly encourage it. When I got PG, both times I stopped posting and visiting and it took me a lot longer than it should've to start losing weight. I think you have tons of insight and even though you aren't in "Losing mode" right now you are still in "let's be healthy" mode and do have tons of advice and such to give us, especially some of the newbies who may not know your story.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Gretchen

So glad to hear that you and the baby are doing well. I agree with everyone else - you have accomplished ALOT and always have valuable advice and motivation to offer, so don't stop posting!

It's been great having Dana here all through her pregnancy - we'll have to make Elijah an honoury member of the 100lb club!

Please don't think you've got nothing to offer us - we love hearing from you!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #9  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

KEEP POSTING WE MISS YOU.

You have so much to offer here. I think what dana said really makes since. Keep in the habbit of posting. Make your daily goals to eat healthy and drink your water. Plus I'm sure there are exercises you can continue. Please stay with us.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:34 PM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

C'mon Gretchen, don't stop posting because you're gaining weight for all the right reasons! Remember how you always posted your progress pics? We expect the same during your pregnancy - go on, show us your "bump"!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:23 PM   #11  
Abby's Mommy

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto...what everybody said! We really do miss you! We'd Love to see you "bump'!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #12  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I agree, keep posting!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #13  
Live for the Moment!

Gretchen - Don't be silly... GET BACK HERE AND GET POSTING!!!!!!

We want to see those preggie pics.... C'mon you know you wanna!!!!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote