Old 02-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Talking Hey y'all.....long into (sorry)

Greeting from sunny (well, most of the time!) Florida! I'm headed toward my 40th birthday in about 9 weeks. Out of the last 40 years, I think I was "normal" weight for the first year or so....after that, I was chubby, then chunky then just plain FAT. And that is the way I have stayed, plus or minus a few pounds here and there.

A year ago November I weighted 340 lbs. I started Medifast (like Optifast, but not doctor supervised). You can buy Medifast products on the net. Anyway, from November to April, I had lost 70 lbs and was feeling great!

Then I started to notice things that alarmed me--hair loss and heart palpitations to be exact. I was sooooo bummed that the only program that I was successful at losing weight was harming my health. Sooo....went off the program and have since gained back 43 lbs. I had sworn that once I got below 300 that my weight would NEVER again begin with a 3. Currently, I've gone 13 lbs past that.

Okay, enough WHINING!!! I can make all the excuses in the world, but it will not change my situation. I know what needs to be done--and I am looking for a forum of friends who will aid me by giving encouragement and butt-kickings regularly!

Looking forward to reading more on this here site!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Jen ~ you have come to a great place ~ the people here are the best ~ so supportive, encouraging and butt kicking when needed. LOL.

Jump in and post ~ you'll enjoy!!
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:41 PM   #3  
On my way......

Hi Jen! I haven't been here long but I already feel right at home and I know you will too. It is definetly the place to get a kick in the butt when you need it but it's also the group that is gonna help dust it off when you fall. Congrats on what you've lost so far I know you can do it!
way2fat4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Hi, Jen Welcome to our home away from home. Glad to have you here
Enjoy your posting.
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome Jen this is a great group of people for support. There not affraid to kick your but once in awhile also.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Jen - Welcome! I'm not quite as active here as some, but even reading these folks' stories and encouragement has been wonderful. Getting to know them more has been even better.

My hubby and I count calories and watch our fats. We joined the YMCA and have been swimming, too. We don't deprive ourselves of any food groups - we just try to eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day, 3 of dairy, etc. and we count everything. Once a week we have a treat day, and our goal then is to have no more than 600 calories over our normal calorie limit. (Sometimes that 600 mushrooms to more, but our main goal with that is so it doesn't become a free-for-all gorge night).
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:40 AM   #7  

This is quite scary, as i’m using the same strategy for my weight loss program. I combine Meal Replacement shakes with training 4-5 times a week (Pool + x-country ski + long walks). Do you exercise frequently ? This may help you.

Other question; when you got off the optifast program, did you reintroduced solid food rapidly ? and what was your typical menu at that time ? This is something I’ll have to think about in maybe 2-3 months.

One thing is for sure, I do not want to be over 300 again.
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hi, Jen, I just joined here too. I'm the big 4-0

That must have been very scary to experience. Sorry to hear you had to go through that.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Jen

Congratulations on making a commitment to improve your health and weight! Hang around here often and you'll get loads of good advice, support and friendship from people who understand 100%.

I live in the North of England - where are you planning to visit? WARNING - it will be alot colder than Florida!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the greetings everyone! I'll address some individual questions:

Frenchie: Yes, I went back to solid food fairly quickly. When I was on Medifast I went to Curves 3 times a week. I'm not able to afford Curves right now, but hoping to again soon. Since then I haven't had regular exercise. I have a part time waitressing job a few days a week that helps with burning a few, but I know I need to do something daily, even if it's just walking. I wish you luck with your meal replacements--it is so much tougher than any diet I have been on.

Amanda: We're arriving in Manchester on April 7 and staying until the 17th. My fiancee is English, and I am very excited to see his country with him. We are going to see his football team play at least twice while we are there!

Where are you in northern England? He's from Preston.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Jen!

I'm from Sheffield which is South Yorkshire - Preston isn't too far away, probably 100 miles or so further North West (or is it East?) - but don't quote me on that I have little concept of distance or direction!

Hope you have a fab time!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote