Old 02-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #24

Welcome to the February edition of Weighty Issues. To any newbies, we are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies. I just woke up and while not really raring to go, I thought I'd start us a new thread for February. Where the heck did January go??? Well, to recap the month for me, I did lose 7 lbs, but I've started slumping--when I get really busy with work I skip breakfast (BAD), then I reach for the cookies, then overeat at the next meal, I'm not drinking as much water as I should. I am starting February with a new mindset AGAIN and just starting over.

I have to get the boy ready for school so I will pop back in later. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:21 AM   #3  

Noelle you are so funny with the eye candy and all. Can't find that Jude cut out yet . But since you have some right in front of you, you may not need it. What a story about that lady in your yard....do you think she was homeless? How scary for someone just to come in your private property though! AI tonight Noelle?

Angie I can not wait to see pictures of your new place. I bet it will be just so nice. That cozy like home feeling. Especially with all the baked goodies cooking all the time. My house feels cozier when there is something in the oven . My thoughts are with you and your family to have a wonderful business.

Last night my computer was night working at all, I tried signing on but nothing. But today it is okay for the moment. It is a damp day today. In the thirties. So I should not complain. My heart was feeling so heavy last night and today. So after I dropped my ds off at preschool, dd and I went to church and it made me feel better. I am under a huge amount of stress right now and it only makes my anxiety worse. But I am okay. I always feel better after a mass. And dd sat like a good girl while I had communion and prayed. The stress is my ds. He likes school but needs a special aide. He is so smart can count to 1000 but they may think he might have a sensory problem. He has problems accepting hugs from different people and playing with other kids, I think he is just shy and at sixteen he will be the life of the party. Because that is what I know how he really is. So today we have an appointment with an occupational therapist. I just don't want my baby to have a label on him at the age of five. It is just so hard for me....I am starting to cry again. Well I hope I didn't bring anyone down with me. I will try and check back later on. Have a beautiful day girls.

Sorry should have started a new thread. Oopps.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default I AM Here. FINALLY!

OK, it is February. I have kicked myself in the butt and I am feeling somewhat better. Yesterday, a friend out of state said he proposed a challenge to another friend of his to do one 5K run every month til the end of the year. I started thinking, I have always wanted to do that, so why not? Instead of concentrating on losing weight, I will concentrate on training (therefore losing weight, just not obsessing over it). So, I went and researched and found three 5K races that I am going to sign up and do.

First one is March 12th. Second is April 10th. Third is May 21st.

So, Look for me to be back, more motivated than I have been, with something to focus on.

:-) Sorry I've been such a slacker!

Talk to you guys soon.

(((HUGS)))

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #5  

Hey guys. I am back after a weekend of to much drinking. Damn New Olreans. It gets me every time. I guess we just got cuaght up in the moment. I was OP thought with food so I didn't blow it too much.

Cherie that is a good idea. I know that for the Cresent City Classis they have training tips everyday on their internet site. I wonder if the one you are going to do has the same thing.

Noelle I am convinced that your neighboors are crazy. The dog guy and now this lady. At least she left when you told her too. Poeple do really amaze me sometimes.

Angie how in the world did you find what those other people where bidding on? I have got to try that one. I have been beat out so many time by a small stupid amount. It is on things that I really don't need so I guess it is ok.

Julie I can't wait for Val. day. Joe and I have to go to dinner the Friday b4 b/c he has to take a lcass out of town that week. I am going to have some dessert and I am going to love it. I am saving up some cals for that dinner.

Speaking of dinner I need to go pull something out of the freezer. I will check back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I'm trying to stay OP but i've been so busy that it's hard. I get wrapped up in what i'm doing and w/this new guy I actually have to stay in the office and work . I drank a small non-fat latte this morning, but didn't eat breakfast. I had lunch w/Rick and had a 3 slice bacon and avocado sandwich w/loads of tomatoes and alfalfa sprouts on whole wheat bread. It was good and I kept thinking of the fat in the bacon and avocadoes but justified it by saying that I didn't eat breakfast...that's my problem, justifying things I shouldn't be eating by saying 'but I skipped a meal so I should be ok...' Anyway, trying to drink more water before the day is done.

Hey, I picked up Michael from school today and he mentioned that his lower front tooth tasted bloody (sorry if that grosses you out), I knew it was getting loose but now it's really noticeable. I give it 2 days max to stay in there. You can see the permanent tooth already erupted behind it. My God! My baby is losing his first tooth . I took him to the dentist a few weeks ago and the doc mentioned that the permanent teeth would be showing soon--I checked his mouth this morning and I saw 2 molars in the very back on the right side, and the left side starting to surface. Geez Louise everything coming out at one time. Sorry to ramble like this, but Julie and Cherie, I know you can relate.

Cherie, that is a great goal for the 5K thing. I know you can do it and you're right--if you focus on the exercise goal, the weight will come off anyway. You go girl.

Julie, hugs girl. How'd the visit w/the OT go? I don't like the way drs and schools like to label kids either, then try to medicate them to turn them into complacent little robots. I don't mean to upset you any by saying that, it's just such a sensitive subject when it comes to our kids. I just want you to know I understand how stressed you must be. I was talking w/my nieces reading tutor and she said w/this 'no child left behind' law in effect, it's causing a lot more problems than they're solving. Maybe Cal can offer some insight? And yes, AI tonight.

Kempy, yes I definitely live in a crazy place. I actually went around the house last night with a long-nosed plier and made sure all the screens were securely in place so they couldn't be pried open from the outside--I hate not feeling secure in my own home! At least I get some excitement at home, eh? Hey, if I lived near NO I would party too... If you wanna see what the other ebayers are bidding on, you can do an 'advanced search' and search by bidder--you can see what they're currently bidding on and what they've won in the past 60 or so days.

Angie, any great ebay wins today? I love those last few minutes of an auction, I actually get an adrenaline rush if I can snipe someone at the last minute

Cal, I'm sure your students were happy to see you return to class . Don't let them get under your skin (i know you don't).

I'm packing up and heading for home. Everyone have a great evening. We'll talk more tomorrow about the funky antics of those crazy AI auditions.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 02-01-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Echo echo echo
Old 02-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #8  

Hey I am here. I am sitting on the phoen waiting to tak to someone about our stock sales. I want to get our taxes done soon. I am ready to get some money back from the government. I think they have held on to it for long enough. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get some money back. I need to pay off some things.

I see that is is pretty quiet around here today. I guess you guys are busy. Noelle are you enjoying the view over there? I need to get back to all of this stuff b4 I screw it up.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Hey the computer ate my post

I just got off the phone w/Julie who said her computer's hard drive is down and she may not be able to get online for a while . We'll miss ya hon and it was GREAT talking to you and finally hearing your voice. That's a cute accent you have too, doncha know .

I'm in a goofy mood this hump-day Wednesday. I got an email from a former coworker who is deployed to Kuwait w/the Army Reserve. He's like the brother I never had and sort of reminds me of Ross on Friends...you know, that dry humor personality. He's a good guy though and I pray for his safety as well as all of the troops. All these people from my past are popping up and it's all been pleasant surprises. I actually ran into a gal I worked with at a rinky-dink video store about 12 years ago at Starbucks yesterday. She recognized me and said hello...I must look like I never aged just kidding!

So everyone, come out and post! I'll be back later, my phones are going crazy
Old 02-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy, well speak of the devil....he did just come back into the shop all sweaty like
Old 02-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everyone. I wasnt getting notices so I figured no one was around. sorry. Jay is gone to get a big freezer for the bakery right now and they went and got my oven this morning. I am scared about the heat this summer....I have been sweating today so bad. I hate to sweat!!!! I am so unbelievably huge. I cant stand it!!! I have gone so far past the point that it seems hopeless to lose it all again. If that makes any sense?

Julie, I hope you can get your puter fixed soon. I will miss ya.

Noelle, I would have been so mad too. That is what doesnt make sense to me. If a dog is protecting their territory then they should be able to do it. I am glad they didnt decide to take a bite out of her though. I would have been tempted to deck her myself.

Cherie, That sounds like a good idea. I wished i could run. Even when I got down to 130 I couldnt run because i would pee myself everytime. hahah

Noelle, You and Joe sound like you have so much fun all the time. I wished me and Jay had fun things to do.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #12  

I hate to hear about Julie's puter. Sometimes these things just don't seem worth it.

I ended up getting all of the tax stuff ready except the form for the stock we sold. But, that doesn't get mailed until Feb 25. So, my friend said that he will get all of the other info into the tax software so all he has to do is enter in that one thing when it gets to me. He seems to think our refund is going to be pretty big. God I hope so.

I didn't want to say anything yet b/c I wanted to make sure that it stayed off but I can't help it. I have to tell you, I am down 8lbs now!!!!! I never thought it would happen. Today makes one month that I have been OP. I have had one or two slips but I think that it didn't hurt me.

Anige I know that you will get your groove back. You used to make me so jealous. Yes you! You would always get on the site and have more weight dropped and I was still fighting the same 2-3 lbs. You are a strong person and I know that once you get your mind set you will be blowing us away at how great you are doing. Don't give up on us. You know that we all love you around here. As far as the fun thing. I am lucky that he likes to do things. It make sme get out of the house. If it wasn't for him I would never leave the house.

Cherie how is the training going?

Noelle I kind of like the sweaty glistening look. I like to look at Joe when we are at the beach on a hot day. Of course I would freak him out if I was staring so I do it through my glasses.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!!! I thought I would check in to make sure I wasnt missing any posts and thought I would pull us back from page 2.

Whats everybody got planned for today? Me not much.

Well, Remember the accounts that had some other donuts in there? Well, today Jay went in to deliver and they had some more in there so it kinda seems to me that we did the right thing by planning a new shop. hmmm. I think they are shopping around. Even if they didnt switch I cant say how bad it pisses me off that they would put a different product in with ours. Hello? This is my income people! So much for small businesses in todays world.

The deer were out in full force last night. I watched Tinky(the kitten) go across the street and try to get under the neighbors car shelter while the deer were looking at him like "what is that? " hahah He came running back across the road when I opened the window and yelled to him. The deer didnt even flinch when I hollared.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning.. or afternoon now.... I am home with Hannah... I had to go pick her up from school today, she was sick.. however, by the time I got her home, she seems to be feeling much better... and is playing her PS2. I am supposed to be working, but now that Steven has called and said he can't keep the girls tonight, I guess I will have all night to do it. (work that is).

Last night, I got my butt back on the treadmill, and I went 2 miles. It was about a 13.5 minute mile(s) so I have a ways to go. But it was a start. If I stay home tonight, I will get back on the treadmill. They are having the Happy Days reunion, I GOTTA watch that!

I hope Julie gets her computer fixed soon... I will miss her.

Kempy, WTG GIRL!!!! That is fantastic... I bet you feel great!

Angie.. I know how you feel, but you are not past the point..... Come on back, lets work on this one day at a time... choose something physical to do today and just do 20-30 minutes.

Noelle... hey girl... sounds like things are good in Hawaii... well, I better get off here and actually do some work while I am at home!

Talk to you all soon,

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls...just taking a breather from work here. I have a i-am-such-a-bonehead story which just happened a few minutes ago. I've been sorting through all my files and getting my corp. tax documents ready for the accountant, well, some of the boxes and stuff were really dusty. I decided to use the feather duster (one of those big, fluffy ostrich feather types) to dust around my area and it accidentally went into my shredder! Luckily(?) it has a reverse button which I couldn't push fast enough--now there's tiny feathers all over the place and my poor feather duster is now half-chewed up I'm giggling again as I type this because it happened so fast and I couldn't stop it

Cherie, sorry Hannah is sick, hope she gets better soon--well, I guess if PS2 is an indicator, she's well on her way. My 7 y.o. niece stayed home from school yesterday too w/a fever, but that didn't stop her from polishing off a full size bag of Lays potato chips . Hey girl 2 miles is good! Don't work too hard

Angie, you should have your friends or relatives go in to that store w/the other donuts and have them complain that the quality is just not as good as yours just giving you some sneaky ideas

Kempy, the new guy is working well so far, he knows his stuff and I've already had a few customers call to say he's done great work--did i mention he's cute too? Woo-hoo girl, you're just working it and it's paying off, 8 lbs is great!!

Julie, hope you get your 'puter fixed soon...miss ya and your ideas for dinner

Cal, how's the BP situation? Kids still making you crazy or is it the other way around? It's almost Friday

Gotta get out of here to pick up some supplies, I'll try and pop in later. Have a good one.