1 T baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t. salt
2 C pumpkin puree
1 egg
½ C Orange Juice
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, dates, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin, egg, orange juice, spices, and vanilla. Add to the flour mix; stir. Do not overmix.

3. Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake 25-30 minutes.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:46 PM   #2  

Easy Greek Chicken Casserole

(Do not be frightened of the anchovy paste. It only adds a rich flavor but is not fishy at all.)

1 T. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 T. dried thyme
1 t. black pepper
10 garlic cloves, minced
6 C. red potato, cubed (1/2 inch)
2 C. cut green beans
¼ C. water
2 T. anchovy paste
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb. chicken breast, skinned and cut into chunks
½ C. Feta cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the thyme, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato; sauté 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Stir in green beans, water, anchovy paste, and tomatoes. Remove from heat. Put chicken into mixture. Add feta cheese. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Yield: 4 servings; 4 oz chicken and 2 cups potato mix. I count as 9 points.
Old 06-26-2001, 03:51 PM   #3  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Great Idea Sonya,
I don't cook much but here's one thing I enjoy making:

Chicken Wrap Sandwiches ~

Take 1/2 Cup of Perdue Shortcuts chicken (any flavor) and sprinkle with lowfat shredded cheese and some lettuce (or salad in the bag as I use) and pour on a little bit of lowfat or fat free Ranch dressing. Wrap it all up in a large tortilla and heat it for about 45 seconds to take the chill off.

I figured this out to be 7 points as I make it. It's the tortilla that costs the most (I am sure fat free would be better but I can never find those).

dani
Old 07-03-2001, 11:13 AM   #4  

Dh and I did this for a little snack one night.

Spray a pan with Pam and stir fry a little onion, green pepper, mushrooms - whatever other veggie you want.

Use a Fat Free Tortilla, put a piece of lettuce inside, add the stir fry, add salsa and roll up. Voila!

This is a one point snack. You could forego the tortilla if you want and just use lettuce and it becomes no points. WooHoo!

Rabbit
Old 07-19-2001, 01:10 PM   #5  
Donna

Smile

Here is a recipie that I made a couple of weeks ago and really liked. It was really easy, we've made the relish to go on store bought soy burgers, and regular hamburgers too.

It works out to 7 pts, but that's including bun and mayo.

Black Bean Burgers w/Spicy Cucumber and Red Pepper Relish

Relish:
2/3 C finely chopped peeled cucumber
1/2 C finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 C finely chopped red onion
1 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 Tbs honey
1 tsp finely chopped dill
1/8 tsp salt
Dash of ground red pepper

Burgers:
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 C dry breadcrumbs
1/4 C minced red onion
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 large egg
cooking spray
1/4 C light mayonnaise
4 1 ½ oz hamburger buns

To prepare relish, combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hours.

To prepare burgers, place beans in a large bowl; partially mash with a fork. Stir in breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients (breadcrumbs through egg). Divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a ½-inch-thick patty.

Prepare grill

Place patties on a grill rack coated in cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on the bottom half of each bun; top each with a patty, ¼ cup relish, and top half of bun. Garnish with dill sprigs if desired.

Yield 4 Servings (serving size = 1 Burger)
(calories 375; fat 9.5g; protein 14.6g; carb 59.2g; fiber 5.7g; chol 60mg; iron 4.7mg; sodium 767 mg; calc 136mg)
Old 07-19-2001, 01:13 PM   #6  
Donna

Smile

We made this fish recipie on Monday it was really good, and not too hard at all. The points work out to 7 per serving, and it's pretty much a meal by itself, we just added salad.

Oven-Roasted Roasted Sea Bass with Couscous and Warm Tomato Vinaigrette

1 green onion
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 C chopped tomato
3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice, divided
1 Tbs. sherry vinegar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 ¼ C fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
2/3 C uncooked couscous
1/4 C chopped fresh chives
4 (6 oz) sea bass or halibut fillets (about 1 ½ inches thick)
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
cooking spray
8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices lemon, halved (about 1 lemon)
whole chives (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Sprinkle fish with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Place filets in an 11 x 7 – inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place 4 halved lemon slices on each fillet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.

Cut green onions into 3-inch pieces, and cut pieces into julienne strips. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic begins to brown. Add tomato and onions; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice, vinegar, and ½ teaspoon salt. Keep warm.

Combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous and chopped chives. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes with a fork. Cover and keep warm.

Serve fish over couscous, and top with vinaigrette. Garnish with whole chives if desired.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet, ½ C couscous, and ¼ C vinaigrette)
(Calories 346; fat 11.2g; protein 36.5g; carb 35.2g; fiber 1.9g; chol 70mg; iron 1.6mg; sodium 777mg; calc 49mg)
Closed Thread