Old 02-01-2005, 08:03 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 2/1

1st day of February. ARGH!!! Well, still OP but the scale hasn't moved. This is usually what gives me the fits and makes me give up. But ya know, I need to listen to you all and stay off the scale I don't FEEL this weight. I feel like I did when I weighed 141. That's still 5 pounds away! TOM I'm sure has a little to do with it. But determined to stay on track. I'm sure I'd lose if I gave up the nuts for snacks. I'm going to try to do that this week. AND add more water!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:52 AM   #2  

Good morning Brenda

Work is really busy lately and I don't have much time to stop by and chat. Just wanted you all to know I am still here.....I will pop by when I can.

jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: You're doing great. Don't worry about that dang scale!

Jane: Hope work gets less busy soon. We need you around here.

Still OP and still exercising. My scale has actually been sitting at the same number for awhile, so I'm hoping to have a big loss sometime soon. But, if not, that's OK. I'm doing what I'm supposed to -- eventually, the weight will come off!

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #4  

Hi all! I've decided I need to be a once-a-weeker with the weigh ins. So, hopefully I'll have the strength not to look again until Monday. It's just not my friend lately. Oh well, I'm just going to focus on the exercise...
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #5  

I whole heartedly endorse staying off of the scale. I am gauging my progress by how my clothes fit, how well I am sleeping and the mirror, though the mirror one needs a lot more work.

Recovering from the 26 inches of snow or whatever we got last week. This week is the school Carneval celebration so that is going to make for a hectic Friday. The organizing committee really missed out on the week of work, and combined that some of the parents don't speak English really well, and I don't speak Portuguese at all, the efforts are further slowed by needing a translator to make any real decisions. I am sure it will be fine, though more snow is predicted for that night.

I continue to make extra meat when cooking dinner and it is helping out a lot. I also bought some SteakUms on sale, if nothing else, I can pan fry them with some mushrooms and put it all onto a salad or serve with brocoli, my new best friend.

I hope all are keeping on track, Valentine's Day is only 14 days away. As I said on the weigh in, I had bounced up last week, just got off track and stayed there. I am back on track and already halfway down to 185, I know how to do this.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ your doing great! just tuck that scale away for 2 days...get on it on the 3rd day.

Jina & K ~ keep up the exercise. I know for me its the hardest thing to keep doing the scale isnt moving. You both have done so well!!

Not much planned around here for today. I spent alot of yesterday getting remotivated. I upped my water from 64 oz to 96 oz a day, bumped up my calorie intake a bit, and did alot of motivational reading. Went for a 45 min walk, and ended up having a pretty good day.

I think I may have discovered why Ive been having such bad headaches, and chest aches lately. AND.....why maybe the scale didnt move as much as I wanted it to. Im very sensitive to sweeteners when Im loosing, and yesterday a little bell went off in my head when I was making coffee. Ive been putting a calorie free carb free flavoured sweetener in my coffee. I usually have 3-5 cups of coffee a day. Im going to cut out the flavouring and see if thats why Ive been having headaches, and chestaches. The chestaches are a type of allergic reaction I get, sometimes very painful, but they have just been irritating lately. I hadnt put 2 & 2 together until yesterday. Sweeteners ALWAYS slow down my weight loss. So hopefully this will straighten everything out I'll know by tonight if this is what it has been.

Thanks again ladies for being here!

Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 02-01-2005 at 10:18 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!!

Hi there, been very hectic here with me sick and the kids sick, I made myself a good LC lunch and then ran off and LEFT it at home!!! So I am trying to improvise today and it isn't going great but could be worse!! ahahahahahaha I got a wrap sandwich on wheat and I am picking it apart!

Anywho.....hello to everyone and i am late for work now so i will be back later!!!

LOve Tg
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:03 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Zooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

(That was me flying by)

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Work is very busy and currently involving a lot of meetings so I don't have much time, but I wanted you all to know that I miss you! Eating has been ok. Exercise could be better. DH is toast since he decided to make me breakfast this morning. His idea of making me breakfast was going to McD's and getting me a sausage biscuit! Argh! I tossed the biscuit and ate the sausage. Men!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Jane I feel your pain, work calls and it sucks lolol !!!

I so miss chatting with you all, but please know that you are all in my heart and I think about you daily.

I don't have time to do personals, but I do read

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Ladies!
Sorry I haven't been by for a while, but you know how 10 children can keep you busy! Okay crazy too! Anyway, I've lost a bit more weight since the last time I was around, and am taking all my carbs seriously!
I am really committed to eating right. Kinda like bacon and eggs girls, the chicken was motivated but the pig was committed! Well, I'll own up to why I'm fat in the first place. I still think I have alot to learn as to what to eat... I read labels like crazy, but some of that stuff still confuses me. I'm not totally ******ed either. I'm re-reading the books to see if I may have glossed over something. I really think I have to move more, but I still, look at my ticker, find it hard to do anything more than walk hard. I'd probably have somekind of heart attack if I did aerobics. Do you ladies recommend anything?

Hi Brenda- like your new mantra!

Hi Jane, Jina and all the rest of you...ummm... some of you I haven't met yet.
I'm Roxy, mom to 10 and getting serious recently about losin' this weight. I just thought I'd stop in cause I'm bummed today. Blech! I need a kick in the butt. Hope you all are doing good and having a good day!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Doing a fly-by of my own. I'm off to get stuff ready for Girl Scouts...meeting is tomorrow. Oldest DD has told me she now wants to re-join GS....so trying to figure a way NOT to get myself sucked in again. I'm such a major sucker! lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #12  

ROXY - I hear you, sounds like you are making some progress, and those labels, I am adopting the attitude if I can't pronounce it, I am not eating it. Sticking to whole foods is so much easier. I suggest walking as an activity, and in the snow here in New England I have gotten out my DVD Walking Your Way Slim. It has three levels of fitness so I won't be bored soon.

TG - In the midst of sick kids, so sorry for you. Hope everyone gets better and stays that way.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Morning all -
(well 5pm is morning for me, I work graveyard)

Just catching up, and logging into fitday. Back in the pink today after my Friday free day! Was it worth it? Still debating...
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote