Old 12-30-2004, 09:41 AM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Red face Wanna-Be Buff Brides

Are you getting married this year and looking in the mirror thinking "Dear God, I'm going to be a FAT bride!"? That is what I've been doing lately and I've decided NOT to let that happen!

I thought it would be great that if there were some other brides-to-be out there who are trying to lose weight before their big, that we get together in our struggles. We can share weight issues and planning issues and ideas. If anyone is interested, just post your story!

Here's mine:

My name is Jenn and I'm getting married May 14th. I was a dedicated member to this site and my weight loss earlier in the year and was down to 179 at one point. Then I stopped chatting and moved and got sick and then just lazy.... now I am back at the 200# and finding it really hard to plan my wedding... I just can't stand to think of myself as the fat bride.

So today I decided no more complaining and no more slacking off... I will not be the fat bride! And my plan is to stick with what worked. I am going to watch what I eat by counting calories, and exercise at least 5 days a week.

I think I am going to aim for 170 by the time of my wedding, but my first goal is 195 before February 1st.

I look forwarding to reading everyone else's stories, so please join me!

Last edited by JEO1982; 12-31-2004 at 05:40 PM.
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:46 PM   #2  

Hi sweetie, it's Tessa. Well, Ryan and I have set a date, which is December 31. I am really excited, I think it'll be good times, although, I want to meet my goal before that. Planning has actually been fun so far but still have a long way to go. I am at a standstill with the whole money thing, so things are kinda being put on hold for awhile. I haven't had any desire to go look at dresses just yet. I kinda want to lose a little more before I go. Shopping hasn't been that fun for a long time now.

So where at in OK are you from? I was born in Beaver, OK. Originally, we're from Booker TX, but most of my family now is spread out, Salado, San Antonio, Witchita Falls, and Dallas. We're kinda all over. My immediate family and one other uncle and his family are the only one's NOT in Texas. Some days I miss it and others I am glad to be north. I get too hot. Anyway, email me anytime, I love to talk. always, tessa lynn

[email protected]
Nowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:42 AM   #3  

Wish I would have saw this earlier! Our wedding is March 5th- just a little bit more than a month away and I've been exercising (Curves every day) since June 04 and Low Carb dieting since October 04 to get ready.

I'm 3 lbs away from my goal and 33 days left to accomplish it! I CAN DO IT!
When I met Chris I weighed 173 and I would love to get to 175.

Look forward to knowing everyone better! and here's to all of us looking stunning on our special day!

Last edited by KandiceA; 01-31-2005 at 10:51 AM.
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:53 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

Good morning!

Look how close you I think you will not only meet but surpass your wedding goal! You must be sooo excited!

My wedding is in May and I can't wait! I am a faithful Curver too and I do Pilates when I can't get to the gym.

So tell me about you wedding... how many attendants are you having, what are your colors, are you doing anything unique? Any suggestions? What are your songs? I want to know all the good stuff
Old 01-31-2005, 11:05 AM   #5  

our wedding(s) are a little unusual... I'm from Maine, Chris is from North Carolina and I've been living in NC for over 2 years now. All my (fairly large) family is still in ME. So we're marrying down here in NC with 2 attendants each- my MOH is my pledge sister in college sorority (only me and her that semester) and my BM is my sister (age 13). Chris has his brother as his best man and his son (age 12) as a groomsman. My brother (age 16) is going to do the video and music for us. (I'm 24 years old, Chris is 31) he was married to his HS sweetheart at 18... divorced a couple years later. We invited 60 people. 11 AM wedding and we need to be out of the hall by 3:30 for them to open for dinner. so not a lot of time for dancing or anything. We're having our first dance while my aunt is cutting the cake but that's all the dancing we're doing.

Our colors are victorian lilac with lilac accents and silver (platinum)
Our song is "Broken Road" by Rascal flatts. We had chosen Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd and then we went to the RF concert and they played it before it was released. We looked at each other and immediately changed our song. Funny that when we told people what our song was they hadn't heard it and now, at work, everyone has a radio in their office, and people send me an email "just heard your song" LOL.

Then in June we're going to Maine, with Chris' mom and his sister and having a large reception- like 150- 200 people (told you I had a large family). We'll dress up again and dance and everything. Our father daughter song is "dance with me daughter" by John McDermott, he's one of the Irish Tenors, if you've ever heard of them. We requested 2 large screen TVs on each side of the head table in June to show our wedding video on continuous during cocktail hour.

So much fun planning 2 weddings! We're not doing too bad either... as far as $$ go. I've heard horror stories about how much people spend! we've planned 2 for less than 20k.

Your turn! what are you doing??
Old 01-31-2005, 11:15 AM   #6  

ps- where's your honeymoon?

I'm so excited for our cruise to bahamas. Overrated I know- but neither of us has been on a cruise before. I went to Bermuda once with a sorority sister, but never Bahamas.... and Chris had never been either... can't wait!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:32 AM   #7  
One step at a time...

Well you're not going to believe but "Bless The Broken Road" is our song too! Rascal Flatts is my favorite band and I also heard it before it was released, not to mention I had the CD before it was on the radio. The first time I heard it I told Tim it was our song, and now it really is Then we are having "You Are" by Jimmy Wayne as the wedding party dance. I will dance to "Didn't Have To Be" by Brad Paisley with my dad (I know that's an unusual choice but my dad is my stepdad technically and the first time I heard it I thought of him and cried) and Tim will dance with his mother to "Walk Through This World With Me" by George Jones... It will be the Groom/Mother's dance, then the father daughter dance, then "First Dance", then wedding party and then I am having the DJ play "Sweet Home ALabama" because my Tim is from AL.

We are each having 1 attendant, my MOH is my best friend Missy and his BM is his best friend from AL Jamie. My 2 oldest nieces are in it as jr. bridesmaid and flower girl and my 3 yr. old nephew is going "to be Frodo in auntie jennie's wedding" (that's what he tells everyone - he is the ringbearer ) The colors are deep amethyst and lavender/lilac. The girls dresses are deep amethyst, the RB cumberbun is too and my dad/Jamie's vests are silver and Tim's is white.

The wedding is going to start at 5 and go to 11PM and we are sending out about 65 invites thinking about 80-100 people.

I haven't picked flowers yet and I need to replace my JP, but just about everything else is settled... I'm having family members take photos too (I have 6 siblings so I'll have plenty of pictures), and my wedding cake is a present from a sister and BIL.

We are planning on going to the Poconos, but we haven't book anything yet, so it's not really final.

We are doing well on $$ too... My dad is giving us $4,000.00 and that should cover everything and Tim's mom is paying for a florist... It's really awesome of them I think.

We are going to AL to visit his family in 3 weeks and they are throwing us a shower because I think his mom feels left out... it is going to be akward for me, but I want her to be happy and feel involved so I'm letting her do as she wishes.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:49 PM   #8  

Well i am all new to this site. i am planing to get married on may 7 as long as we dont run off. we are both having the wedding for our parents. I am 22 and he is 29. I want to loose some weight just so i can fit in to my size 12 again. I know what i have to do and i know it is so worth it too. This is the biggest i have ever been. I am discuraged do do any thing i love sweets and i am currently am on weight watchers. i love there plan but it is just me. right now i want to give up but i know i dont really want to. it is always a long road for me and since i have lost 5 lbs i am pretty happy it makes my day when i loose. but anyone have any help???

roxy_roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:57 PM   #9  
One step at a time...

Good afternoon Roxy!

If losing makes you happy then you need to keep that in your mind all the time. Think to yourself "Is this sweet going to taste/feel as good as it would to get on the scale and see another pound gone?" Your answer will most likely be no and therefore a reinforcement of your goal.

When you are having trouble resisting temptation come on here and post or read other people's success stories, I know that helps me... I know I can do this, and you know you can do this! I'm here if you need me, I'll give you whatever help I can!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:18 PM   #10  

roxy- temptation is going to be everywhere- and there's never getting rid of it- at least there hasn't been for me. Jenn's right- you gotta focus on the long term. How good does it feel when the scale goes down? that'll last you all day, sometimes even all week, that "high" you get from seeing the lower number... or a couple minutes for sweets, you know it's hard to stop! just gotta focus on the long term.

Jenn- too cool- both the same song! When I heard it I knew there'd be lots of people using it for their song. And we both got things free too- Chris' brother owns the flower shop in town and has given us our flowers as a wedding present. I have no clue how much they'd be normally- I kinda want to know though.. My bouquet is 20 purple roses and 10 white roses and then some pearled stephanotis mixed in. The girls both have a dozen- 6 white and 4 purple. and then the tossing bouquet and all the bouteniers and corsages...

so sweet about your nephew. Chris' brother and SIL were upset that we didn't ask their children- they have one of each- but we told his mom, we honestly thought of them- David being the Best Man, and them giving us the flowers, and his wife owns her own salon and she's doing the girls' hair...

ps- I'm 5'10" too...
Old 01-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #11  
One step at a time...

Wow Kandice.... seems like we have a lot in common... I hope you will share photos of the first and i'll be sure to share photos of mine before you get to ME for your reception.

I am actually going to call a few florists now and make appointments to figure out pricing and exactly what it is I want.... The planning never ends, especially when you are a perfectionist and therefore don't want to give other people too much control over things
Old 01-31-2005, 03:05 PM   #12  

I will definitely post pics.. but let me see if I can find some links to some now...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47769
post #14
that pic was taken in May before the diet and exercise
It was so much fun getting it altered! I told the woman to do it tight because I was still losing and I just went back last week to try it on again and wow! looks good!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...6&page=3&pp=15
post #37 (page 3)
that was taken in Dec (after 20 lbs and 44 inches.)
I'm in the white sweater. The red head behind me is my MOH and she's a dork, she got the purple vest after the dresses and she was telling me how close the colors were and everything... (purple's her fav color) so she wore it to my bridal shower. The other girls are a couple of my sorority sisters that I'm still close to.

Last edited by KandiceA; 01-31-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:23 PM   #13  
One step at a time...

You are doing great! You can really see the difference in your face! to you on all that you have accomplished so far!
Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #14  

jenn- think of me on monday 6pm- I just called to get my alterations done again... Curves told me today that I had lost 16 lbs since my last alteration. I really don't want to pay again but I want the dress to look like it was MADE for ME and FIT!

and down 2 lbs since 1/27- I changed my ticker because I'm so close to the wedding goal... this is the 3rd time since Saturday that I'd seen 172 (naked) at home scale... so that pretty much means that's staying! YAY "nice to meet you Ms. 172, stick around for a while, won't you?"
Old 02-02-2005, 02:42 PM   #15  
One step at a time...

I think it is worth it... Just wait until you walk in and everyone gasps at how beautiful you look! The cost of the alterations won't compare to how great you feel when you put that dress on and just know how perfect it looks! You are doing so well!

I will be getting weighed and measured this week at Curves myself, but at home I'm officially down to 190... 12# in a month isn't bad, especially if I can do it again in the next 30 days

I'm sure you'll have more fun getting your dress alter than I will with the stuff I have on my "wedding plate" for the week.... I need to find a JP again since I let the one I had back out, and I have to meet with florists to figure out what I want and the pricing

BTW, I think you will soon be saying good bye ms. 172, Hello ms. 171!