Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 09:55 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile TG weekly chat - January 31 thru February 6

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group!

We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join in our weekly chats and let's get to know each other better ...

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2005!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group

Old 01-31-2005, 10:04 AM   #2  
CJ

STOP! Don't forget to check any posts from last week ..

Well .. here's to a new week and I do hope it is better than last! And ..... I hope we have a few more posts in here this week.

Hope everyone has a good week and that we hear from our "missing posters" ...

I'm still knitting here ... I am working on what is called a Shrug ... it's a collar of fun fur that fits around the shoulders. If it comes out ok I will post a pic of it.

Hope to hear from everyone soon - let me know what is going on with you. Can you hear me calling you all??? Peggy? Slyvia? Sharon? Loon? Shaun? Rita? Christina? Come out - come out - wherever you are!

Checking in later ... Have a great day!

Love, CJ
Old 01-31-2005, 07:11 PM   #3  

I'm popping in for a quick hello. I had a rough Sunday. I found out my Dad had two heart attacks Saturday night ...we found out yesterday. He didn't even know he was having a heart attack and had to be convinced to go see a doctor. He is doing better and already complaining about being in a hospital. I will be leaving Wednesday night to be with him, my Mom and my sisters and brother (they are already there). The outpouring of love and support from my family is overwhelming. I can't believe that it took something like this for their true colors to show. So, if you can spare a moment and say a little prayer for my Dad I would appreciate it.

The saddest thing to me is that my Dad pays $500 dollars a year for him and my Mom's medical insurance in Mexico. Here in the US, he couldn't get coverage for less than $1500 (for him alone) a month. Now he has medicare but, I don't think they would pay for the kind of medical care my Dad is getting right now. He has 6 nurses and 3 cardiologists observing him. From what I understand, he will be in the hospital for a month so that they make sure the medication to clear out his arteries is working. I don't know if this is the kind of care they provide for everyone or if it's because my Mom's cousin is the head of cardiology at that hospital. Whatever the reason is, he is in good hands.

As for me, this has made me even more determined to lose weight and be healthy. I have lost a total of 5 pounds in the last two weeks so it's a beginning.

Well ladies, I'm off to do laundry and pack. I'll check in before I leave.

Hugs to you all!

Sylvia
Old 02-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. It has been a while since I posted. DH and I were at a church conference all weekend and didn't have a minute to spare...even for ourselves. And, since I still wasn't feeling the best, I went home to bed. Now it is back to work and I am pooped.

Syliva - So sorry to hear about your dad. Will be saying a prayer for him and hoping that his recovery is speedy. Good that you are able to get out for that. You are right, though. Now is the time to look after your health to make sure that you are not in the high risk group for heart attack, or stroke. Take care.

CJ - You're still knitting. You got me into it again, girl. I have knit a whole bunch of scarves - then the weather got nice, so I haven't worn any. I started to knit a poncho, but ran out of yarn. Will need to make it back to the store to pick up more. I have to make leg warmers for the puppy. She has 3 pins in her knee and starts to limp when the weather gets really cold. The vet says that the pins get cold, then she isn't able to walk on the leg. He thinks that leg warmers will help. I have made up a pattern for them and will do a matching scarf. The vet thinks she's spoiled anyway, so he probably won't be surprised when she goes to visit in her new clothes.

Hope everyone has a great day. I must get back to work here. Take care.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 AM   #5  
CJ

Good morning ladies ... tons of stuff to do today and have got to get busy but wanted say hello ...

Slyvia:
So sorry to hear about your dad but hope he will get well soon! You will definately be in my thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Sounds like your dad is in very good hands. Good job also on losing those 5 lbs. Keep it up, you are doing great.

Peggy:
Yes, I'm still knitting. But I have made so many scarves that I'm looking toknit something else ... I made 25 for gifts then 3 or 4 different ones for myself , and then 3 more for friends requested ... I would like to make a vest out of the fun fur .. but think I will make a "mink" stole instead out of the fun fur ... then, I have an afghan that I started also so guess I should work on that and get it finished. Can't eat when your are knitting! lol

Well ... I'll check back later on. Have to get moving now.

Love, CJ
Old 02-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #6  

I'm popping in for a quick hello. I still have to pack and run some errands before I leave tonight. My Dad is doing a lot better. He is out of ICU and is in a regular hospital room. Today they had him stand and use the bathroom. So he is progressing. The doctors say he can't leave until he can walk...my Dad hates to sit so I know he will be working hard to walk.

I'm still relatively calm... I'm surprised I haven't been binge eating. I really have no appetite but am eating healthy when I do eat. It could also be that Nico is a full blown toddler ...maybe part monkey. Lord, that kid climbs and gets into everything. I'm starting to get scared to take him shopping because he wants everything he sees. The one great thing he enjoys is going on walks with me. When I tell him "We're going for a walk" he runs to me and gives me his hand. I make sure he's warm and off we go. I get some exercise and he gets tired out.

CJ and Peggy- Thank you both for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

Well ladies, I'm off for Mexico tonight. I will be back on the 14th. I'll try to pop in when I can.

Hugs to you all!

Sylvia
Old 02-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #7  
CJ

Good morning ladies .. hope everyone is doing great! Just popping in for a quickie here to say hello ...

Slyvia:
So glad to hear your dad is doing much better .. have a good time in Mexico - will miss you! Talk to you soon when you get back.

Hope to hear from the rest of the group here soon.

Love, CJ
Old 02-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #8  
CJ

just checking in to say hello ... any of you lurking out there, come on in and post!

Yesterday I was able to stay OP the whole day ... today is day #2 ... one of these times I'll get back OP 100% ... soon, I hope!

Well ... the fog outside is so thick you need a knife to cut thru it ... but, we're suppose to have some sun today and it is going to be exceptionally warm here today ... but, cold front is coming next week.

Hope you all have a great day ... it's lonely in here ladies, come on in and post. Coffee's on!

Love, CJ
Old 02-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #9  
CJ

Good morning ladies! Just popping in to say hello and have a great day!

Love, CJ
Closed Thread