Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:00 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#25)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:28 PM   #2  

TGIF!!! This has been such a hectic week. First the secretary was out Monday and Tuesday (she went to that anti abortion walk in Washington, DC), then the data lady was sick Thursday and today. I have been running around like crazy. I am so glad this week is over.

Becky just called me from work. She is so tired. She said that she would just like to once have a regular dinner. They have her working most days from 3PM-11PM. The 1 day she didn't work, she was doing wrestling stats for the school team. I don't know how much longer a 16 year old can go on like this. She has to start paying her car insurance in February, so she has to get enough money to make her monthly payment. I feel so bad for her, and there is nothing that I can do about it. I will be calling her boss if he continues to work her at this pace. Also if her grades start falling, she'll have to cut back. I barely see her anymore, she stays so busy.

Gayle-I hope you are all right. You usually post a least once a day. I hope it is because you are just too busy right now.

Dee-You are sounding like your old self again. I'm so happy to hear you are on the mend. Tomorrow's your big day. Isn't it 42 this year? I remember when you sent us the beach sand in your 40th invitation. I think I still have it somewhere!

Carol-Thanks for the new email address. I have it in my address book. For a minute I thought you had moved, then I noticed it was sent from your work address.

Sherry-I am so sorry to hear how depressed you are. I'm sure seeing your baby leave town is probably the hardest thing that a mother can do. I will be happy for you to join me over at the exercise thread. I'm starting to get more and more company.

Cheryl-Don't sweat about not being able to work out while you are away. You are doing great and every little bit helps. BTW, I haven't tried the ticker thing yet because I haven't lost anymore weight yet. I just got TOM, so I guess I did pretty good last week considering.

Debbie-Why aren't you posting at the exercise thread again? I hope you were able to get to the Y again this week.

Jennelle and Vicki-I miss both of you. I wish you would check in to let us know how you are doing.

Ramona-I hope you were able to get the help you needed with your back.

Janice-How is everything going?

Doni-Are you staying OP?

Tina-Where are you? Are you still on ebay? I haven't done anything there in quite awhile. It had gotten so slow that I just don't have the initiative to continue selling stuff there. I have just been sending stuff to evil MIL for her garage sales.

Everyone have a nice night!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:03 AM   #3  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DEE!!

HAVE THE BEST DAY EVER!! I LOVE YOU!!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:50 AM   #4  

Happy Birthday Dee

I hope you have a great day! Have many, many more!

Love You!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:23 AM   #5  
Janice

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!

Enjoy your special Day.

Janice
Old 01-29-2005, 11:54 AM   #6  
THINKING THIN!!!!

""HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!! Wishing you a wonderful day! You deserve it!!""

Lots going on with me right now. Will try to post later.
Hugs...debbie
Old 01-29-2005, 03:49 PM   #7  
Losing it!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR, SWEET DEE!!!!!!!!!!

I hope today is a very special day for you... filled with love, family and friends!!!!

Old 01-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #8  

Dee, I hope you have an absolutely FANTASTIC birthday!!!! I'm glad the news from the doctor was good.

After spending two days flat in bed, I decided to go back to work yesterday. I knew it would be piled to the ceiling and I couldn't stand the thought of trying to catch up. Well, long story short, I ended up in the emergency room. I was typing and all of a sudden my face started tingling and my lips went numb and I could hardly breathe. I wasn't having any pain, just the kind of pressure you have when you have bronchitis or a bad chest cold. Anyway, the doctor more or less told me it was a panic attack. He said everything looked normal, however he never once asked about my family history(which isn't good) and when I told him I had aortic valve regurgitation he just pooh poohed it off. They gave me some "anti-anxiety" medicine and sent me home with a heart monitor to wear for the weekend. Well, it probably WAS a panic attack, but it really pissed me off the way they just dismissed symptoms that would have thrown up red flags in a man. The nurse even said "now just because we're giving you these pills doesn't mean we think you're crazy". I guess some things will never change when it comes to the way men and women are treated by the medical profession. Okay, I'm going to get off my soap box now.

Ben got a call last night and we had to hustle around and get his return flight changed. They wanted him back on the base ASAP with all his gear packed and ready to leave Sunday. We have no idea where he is going because they could not tell him over an unsecure phone line. Rick drove him to Tulsa to the airport which is a 4 hour drive. I knew my back wouldn't be able to take it so I had to stay home. Dan's camp was bombed on Thursday. They blew up their water supply, but no one was hurt and he said it was really nothing out of the ordinary. Just another day in Iraq!

Okay, I'm getting woozy from this medicine so I'm going to crawl back in bed. I hope made sense with what I wrote! Talk to you girls tomorrow. Love you all.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:36 PM   #9  

Thank you for all the loving birthday wishes. Sure was nice to come here and see them.

Gayle does it take me having a birthday for you post? You know that if I keep doing this I am just going to be too dam old! Like way older than you! lol Glad that you posted. I hope that your back is doing better.

Sherry girl I figured that you weren't doing to good. Please take care of yourself. I love you.

Ramona I know what you mean how the doctors do not take women seriously when it comes to heart. I have been there to. We sure do have a lot in common with out heart and back. Gee I wish it was nicer things that we shared. Let us know where Ben ends up when you find out. I am sure that has to be stressful for you. Hang in there. My prayers are with you.

Janice thanks for popping in on your busy weekend to wish me a happy birthday. Are you having mild temps? We are having above normal temps. Of course it is still below freezing but it could be colder. I will send the warm weather your way.

Debbie glad to see you posting. Now if you have to keep dragging Sherry to the Y. It will be good for both of you. Enjoy your weekend.

Shelley you are right it is number 42. I am surprise that you kept the sand. It is with ambundance that you have it there. We only have for about 6 months of the year. That sure was a great 40th party. You remember Sherry had to remove the thread? We sure can get ptetty ranchy sometimes but all in good fun.

Well I have friends coming over right away. I will have to share the doc's news later and also our evening last night. (not at all what I thought....sure was a blast)

Good night all.

Last edited by Deelite; 01-31-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:03 PM   #10  

Dee....I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. We all love you here and want you to get well soon!!!

With all the personal problems I have going on here, I now have a server bladder infection. It's now at the point where it's bleeding. I have layed around all day. Hopefully I can see the doctor on Monday.

Love to all....
Old 01-29-2005, 09:32 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Hee-hee!!!! Dee's older then me now!!!!
Guess I need to start posting more often so she won't get any older for another year. Hope you had a grand birthday sweet'ms!!!

Ramona, please remember that you had REAL pain and its not in your head. Most medical professionals tend to piss me off. I was so upset when Allison had her trip to the ER, the doctor spoke to her like speaking to a 30-40 year old adult instead of a 5 year old. I hope you get better sweetie, maybe the numbness could have some connection to the back pain??

Sher-bear, did you go to the doc???? Are you taking your meds????? I know it sounds crazy, but drink some cranberry juice. I hope your better soon!!!!!

Janice, nice to see you posting!

Shelley, is Becky still putting in the long hours? I remember Liz's first job, sometimes she would go in directly after work and it would be midnight before she was home. Finally I said no more. At this age it is a privilage for the kids to have a job and her school work was suffering. Hopefully she will get things straightened out. The joys of being a teenager and wanting a car, then needing to pay for it.

Sorry I'm not posting much. We have alot going on, plus my back is still hurting. I quit taking the muscle relaxers, I couldn't tell much difference. I guess I'm just getting old and falling apart.

Wishing all of my dear Floozie friends a FANTASTIC weekend!

Love, Gayle
Old 01-30-2005, 06:23 AM   #12  

Ramona-Panic attack???? With those kind of symptoms?? I immediately thought it was related to your heart. It scares the **** out of me the way you were treated. It sounds to me more like a mini stroke or something. Please make sure that you put the doctor in his place and go to your regular doctor. You might even want to get a 2nd opinion.

I am praying for your boys. Everytime I hear about a massive bombing I think of you and pray for the boys.

Gayle-Becky is still putting in long hours. Today she just works from 12-6 though. I don't know what her next week schedule is, but I am hoping that it is better. Yesterday she was gone all day doing wrestling stats for the school wrestling team, then worked on them last night some more. Oh, and she got very mad at me because I threw away some college advertisements that came to her in the mail and were left sitting on the washing machine for days. How was I to know that she had requested them? I thought since she never looked at them that they were trash. I went through the trash cans but couldn't find them. My kids sometimes make me hate myself for not being a better and more caring mother. I should have known that she would be interested in them. Not only that, I should be reading them too!

I have been depressed over my entire life. Mainly my house being so worn down. Patty had some friends over and they made a comment about everything being old and so much clutter. I have been doing a room at a time with the clutter and I think that I am doing pretty good. I really can't do anything about things being old. I have no money to spend on new stuff. I need new lampshades, new carpet, new vanities in the bathrooms, new everything. I have been shining my bathroom and kitchen sink everyday, just as flylady says to do. It's hard though because I get no help from anyone. As soon as I clean something up, it gets cluttered with someone else's junk. I am about to give up on everything!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #13  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning Girls!!

Hope everyone is having a restful weekend.

Ramona....Please follow up with you doctor. Sorry Ben's trip with you was cut short. Your boys are in my prayers daily.

Sherry...Please call your doctor tomorrow. That sounds like it could be serouis. Have you wrote lots of letter to Chris already?

Dee...Hope you had a wonderful birthday and a good report from you doctor was a great gift.

James has been having a lot of trouble with his back. His MD at Vanderbilt took X-rays which showed up nothing. He put him on steriods for 7 days, which helped for a while. He has been finished with the steriods for a week now. Well at 2am this morning he was in so much pain I took him to the ER at Vanderbilt. They treated his pain with Morphine and Valium. He doctor's office will call me in the morning with an appointment for a MRI. Hopefully we will get the answers soon. But now we do know it is more than just Arthritis.

Sorry for not posting to everyone. I'll be back later. Going to take a nap now.
Hugs...deb
Old 01-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Debbie, prayers sent for you and James. Hopefully trhe test results won't be anything too serious. Please keep us updated, ok?

Shelley, {{{HUGS}}} I'm in the same boat as you, we can't afford anything new either. I was to get new dining room carpet three years ago and it's still on the back burner. They say once you clear out the clutter in your home, you clear out the clutter in your life. My goal for this week is to try to make it in every room of the house and at least clean out one closet. We do not have storage space and as a result, I have junk stashed everywhere! I too, have spoiled my family, I can't remember the last time anyone here, other then me ran the vaccuum, dusted or did laundry. Try to keep yourself going, eventually you can work through the clutter and be happy with your home again. You know, if I ever was lucky enough to come see you, I would not even glance at your home and judge you, I know you as a person and I value your friendship regardless if you live in a castle or a grass hut.

Ramona, Shelley is right, maybe you need to go see your doctor????

Sherry, how are you feeling today???
Old 01-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #15  

Wow, all these back problems! I hope everyone recovers soon.

Question-I have been paranoid since that teacher died. I need to have a mammogram (it's been a couple of years.) Do you think I should call my gynecologist first and make an appointment with him before I call for the mammogram? It's also been awhile since I had a pap. I'm thinking that he probably has to give me a prescription for the mammogram.
Closed Thread