Old 01-28-2005, 07:29 AM   #1  

Default Housewives Losing Weight #28

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:40 AM   #2  

Morning all. Still not much sleep for me. Grrrr, once ds woke for a drink, I couldn't fall back to sleep again. I'm starting to get the shakes. It's .3 degrees here and with the wind chill it's well under zero. I think I'm not going to lug bugga to the gym in this. I'll take dd to school and come home and do a workout here. I just dont' like him being so cold and he likes to walk, so it take forever it seems to get inside. It's a huge place too, so you park far away from the door unless you get real lucky. I am planning exercise though. Maybe a WATP tape and my lunges and some foam rolling.

TOM is waiting in the wings, so I'm with Michelle, feeling like I'm starving, except, I've been giving in. Trying to give in with good things, but man, I hate TOM. I think I'm gonna be up this weekend too, and here we only have one week left. I'm gonna have to really kick but this coming week, which isn't going to be easy with dh away for 6 days.

Anyway, have a good day all. We'll catch up later.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Mornin' all!

What is TOM? Is it like Auntie Flo?
Heh, I have been having a period like every 3 weeks and I'm sick of it. Today I have cramps and a splitting headache, and I'm supposed to work out and weigh in today. I feel like just sitting around here in my bathrobe all day, and I might consider it if the boys were at school like they should be! LOL... I am probably in pre-menopause, and if I weren't so cheap, I'd buy one of those over the counter menopause tests.

I got new glasses yesterday and that's been contributing to my headache. Waaah!

Tabitha - your dinner from last night sounds yummy! You mentioned sausage and I think it was Michelle that said that Boca has a meatless sausage, which is good. There is also the option of turkey sausage, which is what we usually eat around here. It can be a little more expensive, but I get it when it goes on sale.

Penny - I hope your H's cousin is getting better. TSS is a scary thing.

Well, wish me luck on the weigh in. I have a feeling I'm going to leave there being ticked at myself. PMS and water weight gain can't be a good thing.

Ok, guys. Have a great morning.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:39 AM   #4  
I will suceed!!!

Default Good Morning!!!!

Going to pick up my car this morning!!!

I am very excited to be able to get my car! I love it! Anyway, as far as meat goes, I love to have meat. I usually buy lean cuts of beef. And try to pick out healthy meats like skinless chicken and pork too. But that's me. I am working on being careful about the cuts of beef that I buy, and I am even thinking about starting to ask the butcher to trim off the excess fat when I can't find one lean enough. I am trying to stay away from ground beef, because a truly lean ground beef is very expensive.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good morning, this is just a flyby for me, gotta get the dd to school.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #5  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! Hope Everyone has a great OP day! Go CHALLENGERS TOO! thats all for me Gotta get the rest rest of my day started! Not sure when I will be able to get back here!

Penny - still thinking and praying for your fam.
Jeniqua - you too hunny hope things are looking better each day for you!

Love to the rest of ya's! LOL!

sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:34 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Goodmorning-
I was a total slug this morning and slept in until almost 8:00! That hardly ever happens anymore, and I really don't like sleeping in either, really cuts into my day! Well...drumroll...I broke 240! I am now 237.5! Hee Hee! I have been feeling better and guess what staying well too. I only had a headache during that barf 'o rama at our house last week. I did notice my clothes getting looser and a little longer where I wanted them to be. I have this baby belly gals, Ugh! I call it a marsupial pouch (like what kangaroos have) cause that is what it seems like to me. I dread loosing all the weight because I'm wondering if it will go back into my body cavity or if I'll just have this third ledge hanging there forver. I know I can excercise some of it down but for me this is scary. I'll have to do the "Mel attack" on it. Any way that's 2.5 lbs. down for me.

Hi Michelle! How's our ravenous beast today? I know TOM is the thing that throws women everywhere out of control! Drink lots of water. Stay busy!
Congratulations for staying on the gazelle so long!

Kristin- I hope that you have a great day!

Tabitha-Wtg on the new car, have fun cruisin' around!

Gretchen-TOM is "time of the month" and it is exactly like Auntie Flo! Both are unbearable sometimes. I mean how cranky and bloated can ya get anyway? Have a good weigh in anyway, you did good this week.

Mel- you too with TOM is it like women that live together all cycle at the same time, women that post together? Oh nooooo! That would be a bad week for us! Hope you feel better and can like those cravings! Which WATP are you doing the 4-mile?

Well I better scoot, children have to be picked up at 12:00 for teachers meetings today. So I have less of a day than I thought, plus with sleeping in it's almost gone already!!! Gonna go change my ticker.

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #7  

http://www.drkoop.com/tools/93/ibw.html

Here is an intersting web site to find out where you should be weight wise. To me this is the most realistic I have found. Some said I should be 115 lbs...lol. I'd look dead at that weight... To me 135-145 is about right. this site said, 133-148, so right around that area. I am 5'5 medium frame.

Roxy, WTG girl. you must feel great to have broken the 240's. I'm so happy for you!!!!! Ummm, 4miles, what,,,um, ahh, hmm, well, I , maybe, um, maybe not. ....Seriously, I don't think so, but an hour workout. combining 1/2 hour watp and additional weight training exercise and core stuff.

Hey, Kristin, Tabitha...congrats on getting your car..., hey Gretchen...bbl
Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Since the conversation is revolving around TOM...mine is here a week early and causing major havoc with me. I'm not craving junk as much right now but my back is killing me and I have some major water weight gain. Can't wait for it to be gone...

Watch out world...here comes ROXY! You're doing awesome, girlie! I'm like you though, worried about the loose skin when I make my goal. I wonder how much is going to shrink back in and how much is going to stay. I have really elasticy skin. I never got any stretch marks with any of my kids.

Tabitha-Okay...what did I miss? What kind of car did you get? I'm a meat-lover too. I've been trying to buy the leanest cuts I can and not eating so much of it. I just can't get into chicken...and fish is gross!

Gretchen-Hey woman! How're you this a.m? I got my new contacs on MOnday and I had a headache for a couple of days. Much better now.

Melissa-You're skipping a gym day? Oh my gosh...You've been shocking me alot lately. So what is the plan for you today? I'm not sure if I'll get much exercise in until this evening. I have to run to walmart to pick up my prescription, go get Kayla, go to my sister's, pick up Tiana, take her to walmart to fix her glasses, and then back home.

Michelle-How are ya feeling? Have you had anymore of those spells? I hope not. How's Teagan and Taylor? Zhaun? your weather? We got the sunshine right now and 40 degrees.

Kristin-Hey hon! How's it all going for you? You sure are a busy gal anymore. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Jeniqua-Morning! Same goes for you. How are ya feeling? I was scanning through pics on the MLW site and from the beginning of the challenge to this weeks pics...you can see a really big difference in you. Congratulations!

I gotta get back to getting a few things done before I have to leave...Choc. Catz, Ricci, Cindi, Penny (praying for your family), Jillybean, Deana, Geri, and Cheri, and the rest...Have a great day! I'll be checking back later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Mine said I should be 154-169 for my 5'8" medium frame....I had myself figured for 155 so I guess my goal is fairly realistic. In high school I was 119...talk about the anorexic look.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

This is what mine said:

Ideal weight is 124 - 136.4 lbs. (56 - 62 kg.).
You are overweight by 100.60 lbs. (46 kg.).
You may wish to consult with your physician for medical help. ----Duh!

I still think my goal of just being on the fringe of that is realistic to me, Heck! I can't wait to be under 200!!!!!!! Right Mel? Okie doke Marty needs num-nums. BBL
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:09 PM   #11  

roxy, you might be in between frame sizes too, so I think you goal is perfectly realistic.

Hey Chris, Hope tom leaves you alone soon. Feel better. I know what you mean about water gain.......YUK
Old 01-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls,
I had a big post written but my laptop came unplugged grrrrrrrrrr. Well Mel and I have almost got all the kinks worked out for the next BLC which will start february 20 so if you are thinking you want to join its coming up soon!

Okay so I gave in last night around 2 am I was starving, well not literally but I was really hungry so I had 2 sandwiches, not loaded mind you but man oh man I really was just hungry.

It's pretty warm here today about low 40's.

Mel, Ihope you stay warm today! Thanks for all your help with the new challenge stuff! I'm hoping to have the rules compiled tonight sometime.

Penny, I'm thinking of you!

Roxy, woo hooo girly way to go!! I'm so happy for you!!

Chris, I'm not expecting a loss this week and probably a gain, this TOM has been one of the worst for me as far as being hungry and as of today I have a 3lb water weight gain (I think its water) so I'm gonna take my water pills today and tomorrow we'll see what happens.

Okay girls since I lost my other post I really have to get going. I have a test due today and I have to run to the store as well then it's off to work.

TTYL!! Keep up the hard work girls!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Your ideal weight range--130 - 143 lbs. (59 - 65 kg.) --is based on a formula that calculates what is a healthy weight for most people of your height (64 inches) and frame size (medium).
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey girls I'm a little down today. I got on the scale and I was 1.5 pounds up I'm not sure if I ate too much salt last night, not enough water or what. I have been sticking with SBD foods but maybe I'm eating too much? I am just really depressed over it. However I have noticed that with my TOM I tend to start retaining water 2 WEEKS before the day I am supposed to start and that would be right about now since I am scheduled to start on the 13th. I'm not going to fully blame TOM since I think it was probably something I did. I'm going to really watch it today and make sure I do everything right. I did make some sbd approved cookies last night and maybe I had too many. I do also know that I need to get moving more. It's harder this term to get to the gym so I have been slacking a bit in the exercise dept. Dh and I were looking at the gazelle online this morning though and I think I may get the cheapest one and see how I like it. Chris and Shell seem to be doing good on it and I know I probably could too. I just really like going to the gym so we'll see I guess. Ok enough of my sob story I think I feel better just getting that out and making a plan about what I will do about it.

As far as my ideal weight range it's the same as Michelles so I have about 3 pounds to go but I know for me that 135 is a better weight for me, health wise so I will still shoot for that.

Hey Shell maybe we will all gain this week lmao! Seems like a trend starting! Oh and I meant to post yesterday and tell you how great you look! You have come a long way! WTG!!!!

Hey Mel thanks for that site!! I didn't sleep the best last night either. I had a hard time finding a comfortable postion to sleep in. Hope we all get some sleep tonight!

Hi Chris sorry about TOM your still doing great though, good job resisiting those cravings!!! Your pics look great! You can tell you are losing.

Roxy I was thinking the same thing about the cycle thing! Too funny, hey you never know it could happen. You are doing so great! 25 pounds since you started here! and another 2.5 this week! You are my hero!!!

Hi Kris! We miss you girlie!!

Tabitha we want details on the car!! Let us know when you can!

Hi Gretchen Good Luck on you WI! I'm sure it will be fine. If you do show a gain you can just join the club lol! Let us know how you do!

Penny I'm so sorry about your dh's cousin. I'm saying a prayer for her. Let us know when you can! We miss you!!

Ok Dh is working split shift today so he wants to get some cleaning done so I need to go help him. TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:10 PM   #15  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies!! I was soo excited about eating yesterday only to be disappointed once again. My tooth is hurting really bad again today. I've been taking my ibprofen the doctor gave me and it doesn't seem to be touching it. Maybe I'm not suppose to eat ever again!! I'm sorry, I am so frusterated with all this it's not even funny. I've even began having dreams about food and everything. In the dreams I can't get enough to eat and even though I am full I still I don't want to stop eating. It's really scaring me. I hope I'm not really like that once I can eat agan.

Tom is on it's way here too. My stomach has been killing me. I got on the scale this morning and it said I weigh 157.5. So, at least I'm not losing alot of weight like last week. It felt soo good to get some food in me yesterday! Today I am back to not eating due to my major tooth problem.

On a positive note I went and had breakfast with my daughter today at headstart. It was really nice. My daughter was soo glad I went.

Chris~ Hey!! Thanks for the compliments. I see a big difference in your pics as well! TOM is a pain isn't it?? I know I'm not looking forward to mine.

Michelle~ Hey girl!! How are you doing today??

Tabitha~ Yeah! What kind of car did you get? Are you staying OP today??

Roxy~ Way to go on your weight loss! You definitely need to be in the next challenge.

Melissa~ No gym again!!! I don't blame you, it's really cold out there. I hate dragging my kids out into the cold unless I absolutely have to. Let's stay OP, we can do it!!

Jill~ Hi, where ever you are!! Hope you're having a great day.

Penny~ I'm still saying prayers foryou and your family. I want you to know we're all thinking of you while you're away.

Kristin~ HEY!! I know it's hetic and busy for you. Hope you're having a great day! You're in my prayers daily.

Well I better go for now and relax for an hour before the kids come home. I'll bbl to get personal again. I hope I didn't forget anyone.. Love to all..TTYL!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote