Old 01-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday Chat 1/27

And to think.....January is almost gone. Didn't we complain when NOVEMBER was almost gone?? And then December? ARGH!!
You know, it was brought to my attention by a VERY nice person who is struggling (as am I) that we sometimes put too much pressure on ourselves. We eat stuff we're not supposed to..which leads to us feeling bad...and then we eat even more junk food. Very vicious cycle. I've decided that even though I thought the Valentines Day challenge was a good idea....I never should have joined until I KNEW I had the way I eat under control. Self Sabotage. I've also realised....I've been so busy looking at where I want to be....I forgot where I CAME from. I'm a LONG way from looking the way I did. So I've accomplished a GOOD thing. And WHEN I get to goal...I'll have accomplished a miracle So away goes my ticker also. Mainly because I need to focus on getting things under control.
I've also decided that I'd rather have a free day on Valentines day than tomorrow (Toby Keith). So when we go out to eat tomorrow, I'm hoping to find something LC for me to eat! So that was the easy part...now it's the follow-thru that's gonna take the hardest part.
So off to remove my siggie!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:02 AM   #2  

That's the way to do it Brenda! And when you go out to eat tomorrow it should be easy...I find it easy anyway when I go out to eat...unless it is Chinese

Made a low carb meatloaf last night...not bad. I used the new 4C bread crumbs. Didn't tell DH until after he said he really liked the meatloaf
The sad part is is that I had mashed potatoes with it! DUH!

So, off to be good today. Have all my legal foods.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies,

Urgh yesterday i just stayed home in bed, I have been taking Airborne for this bug I was getting , it is working great on everything about the bug but the sore achey muscles, but after resting all day yesterday I feel back to normal, still holing off on the gym for today just to make sure I am all better,but I have to say I LOVE Airborne!! Did pretty good all day yesterday stayed pretty much OP with the exception of more LC bread than I should have since I was sick all i wanted to eat was toast. But I figure for being sick and starting TOM all at the same time that is FINE!!

B- Great thought for today I think you are getting to the heart of things.

Jane- well the meat loaf part was good....next time try calitatoes they taste great!

Have a great LC day!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:04 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Way to go! Great attitude. It sounds like you're making some great changes.

Jane: Glad the meatloaf turned out good. Have a great, OP day!

TG: Glad you are feeling better. You are really selling me on this Airborne. The next time I start to feel a cold coming on, I'll definitely try some.

Things here are pretty much the same: still OP, still exercising, still loving the gym! Hopefully, I can keep this up. I'm not even worried about the impending weekend. I've found it really helps me to let friends know that I am trying to lose weight and doing Atkins. They've been so helpful since I've really let them know what's going on. They just didn't understand why I wouldn't have a bite of something and kept pressuring me before. Then, I'd eventually give in, and blow the rest of the weekend. Thank goodness that problem seems to be solved!

I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #5  

TG: Sorry you didn't feel well yesterday Definitely hold off on the gym until this cold is completely gone!

Jina: Sounds like you are doing great! Glad you really enjoy the gym.

I am fighting cravings WICKED today........strength Jane, strength!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Jane you can do it lady!!! Hold on and be the strong lady I know you are!!!

Jina-GREAT job!!!! and telling friends really does help! I love the gym and I love Airborne too!! ahahahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: You can resist those cravings! Chant your mantra over and over!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Afternoon Ladies

Jane~ you can do it.....dont give in....remember, your looking forward to getting on the scale!!

TG~ Im glad your feeling better. Ive got a second bottle of airborne in the cupboard for "just in case" That way I'll have it!!

Been an active day already, Dh didnt have to go into work today, so we went to starbucks for coffee, hit the grocery store, and picked up chicken breasts for $1.99 a lb!!! Now we are off to the "big" mall to do some walking. Id rather walk outside, but dh hates the cold. So this way I get to peek into williams sonoma and a few other cool stores they have there

I got some of my work out area cleaned up yesterday. I'll do the rest of it today, and get my first workout with weights in, in over a month! I promise myself I'll do this today!

Thats it around here, I hope everyone has a great afternoon

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Boo !!!

Hi Everyone !!

Not much new SOSDD. Today is my 15th Wedding Anniversary..... so my plans are to dress up in a BIG ol bow later on and nothing else jk jk jk All I really wanna do is go to the cheese cake factory ROFLMFAO !!!!

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #10  

*hanging head in shame*

I won't tell you what I ate....but it wasn't legal.

Shame on me....I keep saying to myself "well I guess you just don't want it bad enough"

Oh well, I will get the hang of things eventually.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:08 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jane: Baby steps to getting it right, remember? You can do this!! Great job on the meatloaf Fight those cravings!!! You can do it!! One day at a time!!

TG: Glad you're feeling better. That airborne must be a miracle drug. Is it OTC?

Jina: It's great that you have such supporting friends! I told DH he had to help me stay OP from now on...and he's like "me? No way!! I like the cheating also." GRRR
Keep up the great work!

Robin: Have fun walking and getting coffee

Leenie: Happy Anniversary

Hi all. Once again no time to exercise. Off and running errands and stuff again.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Just got back from the big mall....and picked up dd a gift card (for valentines day) for the Build a bear place!! I cant wait to take her!!

Im off for another walk...the sun is shining and I want to get out and enjoy it!! Its too rare these days.

Brenda~make time for exercise....k, I'll shutup now
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote