Old 01-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #1  

Default LCFS Jan 23rd-30th

HI everyone,
It's been a long day for me. Stripe is a holy terror at night and will not sleep. He's really getting on my nerves. Marty finally saw what it was like last night. I'm not sure what we will do with him. I'm thinking he will need to be declawed and then I can shut the bedroom door, turn the sound machine on high and let him rip through the house. As it is now, if I shut the bedroom door, he tears the carpet to pieces outside the door until someone opens it.

I am in shock, Lynn. DH has been helping me everyday now. Folding laundry, helping me carry in groceries, doing dishes. It's really kind of nice.

I made a turkey for supper, no dressing. Just some mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. I was able to limit myself and am full even though I didn't eat that much. It's so much cheaper to make a turkey, I really think I'll start to do it more often.

Hope your all having a good weekend. Talk to you later, Nikki
Old 01-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #2  

My cat used to do the same thing. I read a great book called Cat vs. Cat ( we have three of them).

It said that cats have a routine...t eat, hunt, sleep...anyway...after i read it i started playing with my cat for about 10-15 minutes before going to bed..i found that it tired her out and she pretty much slept through the night..no more crying or scratching..she gets up to eat, and use litter box but goes right back to sleep..

the book also said cats need 2 - 15 minute sessions of play time with their humans...i took a string from my pyjama bottoms and she loves it!! i just pull it along make her chase it she grabs for it i let her nibble on it then snatch it away again...you have to let him catch it once in a while that ispart of the hunting process..when he catches if just wiggle it a little..its like the prey is trying to get away..

we also had turkey tonight..i just had turkey, with some baken 2 tbs of rice..i had my carbs in the form of coke ahahahahah

im not feeling well..hopefully ill get down to my goal of 220 by end of week
Old 01-23-2005, 11:52 PM   #3  

Hi Chocolatecatz,
Thank you for the cat advice . I have 3 cats myself. Stripe, the devil cat, plays all day. We play with him a lot, even when we don't want to. He will chase us and tease us until we do play with him. We also have one of those toy birds on a string that is attached to a little stick, it's his favorite toy. I think I figured out the reason he's going nuts at night, I heard a mouse in the wall. He really wants it badly. We do play with him before bed, but it just seems like you can never play with him enough.
Stripe is the orneriest and the smartest cat I've ever known. We love his spirit and his sense of humor. I can't tell you how many cats I've had in my life, probably over 100. At different times, I've had up to 25 at one time. At work, they use to call me cat woman

What plan are you following? I am currently doing Weight Watchers. I've done many of the low carb plans and finally, decided to just try this for awhile. It seems to be working for me. The reason I'm still here, on the low carb board is, I've been posting on this thread for several years now, so it's kind of like home to me. Besides, I might go back to low carbing eventually anyway.
This thread is posted weekly (LCFS stands for low carb freestyle), there are 3 other gals that post here too. We post on the same thread all week. There is another thread on the low carb board that is the daily thread, which is a different group of very nice ladies. Thought I'd just mention that, because your new and since there are lots of groups on 3FC's, it can get confusing. Your welcome to join us
Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 01-24-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:24 AM   #4  

Good morning,
It got awfully cold here during the night. We had a freeze warning. I moved down here to get away from all that!

I made the egg crepes on Thurs. to make SS lasagna. I put the crepes in a container and put them in the fridge. On Sat. I started to put the whole thing together and the eggs were starting to get moldy. So, I had to toss it all away because I had used up all the eggs. The next time I'll freeze the crepes if I'm going to make them ahead of time.

Thank you all for the congratulations. Now for the next 5 lbs.

Chocolatecatz, WELCOME!!! I had 2 cats myself one time. One was a little devil. Both of them have been gone for quite a few years. We can't have anymore becuase DH developed an allergy to them. I'm doing my own plan where I just eat less and move more. I am looking forward to your posts.

Anne, congratulations on another pound. Did you get any of that snow that hit the northeast? I have a cousin who lives on Cape Cod and I just heard that a couple of towns reported 3 ft. of snow.

Lynn, good luck today with your weigh in. How was your weekend?

Nikki, that's great your DH is helping you around the house. Our cats were declawed but they still make a racket whenever there was a closed door. They would sit and pound on the door with their paws. It was good talking with you yesterday. DH told me he would be working until 6:00 when the store closed. So, I thought I had a good 1/2 hr. The store closed at 5:00, and they have to stay 1/2 hr or so to stock the shelves, so he was on his way earlier than he planned. Your turkey sounds good. We had leftover Jalapeno chicken.

Have a great day everyone.
Aleka
Old 01-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone:

What a wicked weekend Tons of cold, freezing weather, this is for
the birds I was creeping along this morning on my way to work
like Tim Conway when he played the little old man on Carol Burnett!!!
Ever since I took that big flip a couple of years ago I have been very
timid of greasy weather.

Nikki, that is great that you DH is helping you out. I too have a very supportive husband. Between my husband and sons I get alot of help
thank God.

Aleka, I am sitting here at 7am at my desk eating cold roast beef and dipping
it in mayo and horseradish that I have mixed together. It tastes pretty good
too Not a very conventional breakfast though I made these
great peanut butter cookies. Such a simple recipe Very few carbs. I keep
them in the freezer for my son and DH who are also trying to stay on program.
This WOE has really helped my husband who has terrrible heartburn all the
time.

Hi Lynn, hope you have a good weigh in!! I bet you are frozen too!!!

Anne.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  

Good morning,
Anne, congratulations on another pound lost and on staying on program
My DH also has bad heartburn. He will not go to the Dr and he won't stay on a low carb diet or SS. I've explained it to him, but he's a junk food junky. Loves all the wrong stuff. He then blamed the low carb food for his indigestion "TOO MUCH FAT" I have considered doing the South Beach or something like it, since it's low carb and lower fat, but I know he won't go for that either. He's too stubborn.

Aleka, I saw that freeze warning for you last night on the weather channel. I always think about the citrus crop when I hear about that. Did it freeze last night? That really is irritating when you plan on making something and then find out the ingredients have gone bad. I've not been eating eggs much anymore and I bet my eggs are all bad too. I should take a look at them. I enjoyed talking to you too.

Lynn, are you snowed in? Bet you have the wood stove cranked

Morning Chocolatecat, Stripe slept pretty good last night. Maybe he was too tired to stay up and raise all night. I was certainly glad. I still feel like I could take a nap though.

I've put it off long enough, got to go walk with Leslie. The music really helps, but I have to get some new music. I started to do crunches again yesterday. I like the way it makes my abs feel.

Later, Nikki
Old 01-24-2005, 09:41 AM   #7  

Congrat's Nikki on more weight-loss. I was just having my coffee and was catching up on yesterday's posts and had to get on. I have my hair done and will be going to Curves about 11. I am really excited, I think I have lost more than just a few pounds. If you have a mike at work Anne and I'm sure you do I adapted a recipe from the south beach phase 1 board. It was for egg "muffins", I didn't have muffin tins so used a 7X11 pan and started with spraying the pan with butter pam and than sauted enough mixed veggies to make 3 cups than spread that evenly on the pan nuked some bacon (3 slices) crumbled it on top of veggies. Broke 8 eggs into a bowl with 1/2 cup water 1 small onion diced and about 2/3 C of cheese. I also add hot sauce S & P and some basil. Into the oven for 40 min. When it came out I let it cool than cut it in squares and we had some for brunch and the rest I wrapped and put into the fridge wrapped in saran wrap. I just had a square nuked in the mike and I want to tell you it was good. Even better I didn't have to plan breakfast which after a while because we have to eat so many eggs gets sooooo boring. Tomorrow I have to come down to Credit Valley for a bunch of tests and have to leave early. Tonight I will make a salad, some tuna salad than I will take some endive leaves to put the tuna on. So with the egg squares salad and tuna I should be able to stay on track I hope!!!!! Wednesday I am going to do a veggie soup than freeze in serving sizes. Well must get going will be back later
Old 01-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #8  

Nikki, There must be some thing in the air. DH did the dishes last night!!!! I couldn't beleive it but I let him. What time were you and Ali on line yesterday. Let me know the next time. Do you leave the messenger on at all times?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #9  

Lynn, Nikki & I chatted about 5:30 pm est. I don't normally leave my IM on all the time. I just happened to turn it on and saw Nikki was on line so I IM-d her. I don't know why your smiley face isn't on my list. I'll have to send you and invitation to see if you want to chat. That way I will know when you're online.

Aleka
Old 01-24-2005, 10:16 AM   #10  

I have smiley faces, but I can never tell when your on line, Ali. Did I not do something right when I added you to my list? Your on my list, but the face is always gray and sleeping.
I think it's always funny when Lynn or Anne goes off line. You can hear a door close and there is a little message that says they are off line.
I don't keep my computer on all the time. I log off when I'm done.
I'm usually on line in the evening most nights.

I lost a lb last week. I didn't think I was going to lose anything. Today is my official weigh in day. I couldn't do any walking this morning. The arthritis in my ankle was bothering me too much. We are in for a change in weather, it's suppose to be 42 and sunny today. Hopefully, that will melt some of this ice that is layered on top of everything.

Later, Nikki
Old 01-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #11  

Nikki, congratulations on your weight loss!! Sometimes the smiley face next to your name is gray and asleep. Yesterday I saw it was yellow and smiling. Anne's is always gray and asleep, so I figure she's not logged on. For some reason, I don't have Lynn's name or the smiley face on my list. I tried adding it, but I kept getting a message that says she's already in my address book. I just can't get her name or the smiley face to show. Whenever I'm logged onto the IM I get a sound like a door closing and a message that you're going off line too. Sometimes it scares the heck out of me.

Talk to you later
Aleka
Old 01-24-2005, 03:06 PM   #12  

Hi All: I lost 6 lbs. I am disappointed because I never once strayed from the program. I have to put the slow loss ( expected 9-10 lbs) to my HRT and of coarse age. Oh well better than a pound or 2.right? Talk to you later.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #13  

Can't figure out how to move my tracker HELP PLEASE
Old 01-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #14  

Lynn, congratulations on your 6 lb. loss! 6 lbs. is fantastic!! When I moved my tracker, I started the whole process all over again, putting in my new weight, then copying and pasting it, but make sure you remove your old tracker in the box before you paste your new one in, otherwise you'll end up with 2 trackers. Maybe Nikki knows an easier way to do it.

Take care.
Aleka
Old 01-24-2005, 04:20 PM   #15  

Cats you have to love em!!

I'm doing my own low carb thing. I can never stick to a low carb plan so I decided to make my own up! hahahah

Breakfast is either a protein shake or turkey bacon and egg whites

Lunch: Low carb bread (nature's own 7 carbs a slice) with turkey and cheese

Dinner: veggies, protein and small portion of rice, pasta or whatever carb im making (my family loves CARBS. DH can eat two - three cups of rice at a sitting PLUS BREAD and he stays thin!!!!)

I'll have a snack in between of half a bagel (not low carb) with a slice of cheese.

I find that fruit makes me hungrier so I don't eat too much of that.

To change your weight tracker, go to Quick Links, edit signature then you can change it from there. just be careful because if you delete or add anything else it will mess up ticker. or you could just go and create a new one with the change of weight