View Poll Results: Do you hit the snooze button?
Yes 14 73.68%
No 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Do you snooze?

So I was really motivated last night and thought I'd get up extra early this morning and try the 4-mile WATP super challenge video. I set my alarm for 5:15 with the hopes of getting up at 5:30. 5:30 rolled around and I figured I would get up at 5:45 and do the 3 mile tape. At 5:33 when I hit the snooze for the 3rd time, I decided I would just get up at 6 a.m. and do the 2 mile tape--which worked out for the best anyway.

But as I was hitting the snooze it hit me that if I would just set my alarm for the time I actually wanted to get up, I would probably get better sleep than the 9 minute naps I get inbetween the beeps. This is something I've done since junior high and now I'm going to try and break this habit. If I have to I will end up buying one of those old bell style alarms that only go off once.

So who else out there hits their snooze button a lot?
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:23 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I am the queen of snoozing, as long as someone isn't in the bed with me. I have this habit of using the radio alarm so I'll lay in bed, up to an hour, kind of drifting in and out of sleep while listening to the radio. If someone is in the same room though, I won't do that, I'll usually get up.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #3  
Learning to love ME!

I try not to snooze, because I tend to lay there thinking of reasons not to get up and exercise. I try to allow myself only one "snooze," then I get up and don't even let myself think about what I'm doing or else my mind would find a way to keep me from exercise. I'm my own worst enemy.
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:22 PM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

My hubby is the king of the snooze button. When I have to be up at a certain time I set the alarm and just get up when it goes off. My hubby sets the alarm for the time he would like to get up but he so just doesn't want to get out of bed that the snooze gets hit until he absolutely has to get up or he'll be late for work.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I used to exercise in the morning, I would wake up at 4:45am take a short shower, go to the gym, exercise, take a shower at the gym then go to work. When I did that, I wouldn't snooze. Now that I am in the habit of exercising at night and sometimes staying up late, getting up early is sometimes hard for me.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:01 PM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

The snooze button is my friend. I have the *best* dreams in those seven minute increments! I can hit snooze for an hour or more, LOL.

Are any of your nappers? I'm a homemaker and I have to keep moving or have my brain occupied or that early evening nap attack hits me. We're nightowls, so I usually sleep from 4am-Noon or so...We're all turned around!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:56 PM   #7  

I'm probably gonna be the annoying person here. I set my alarm every night, but I always wake up 10 minutes before it goes off in the morning and I get right up and get moving.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:07 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I was a snooze person but now that I work second shift I don't have to use an alarm. The dogs usually wake me up now. They start to whine wanting there morning bytes. I just hit there snooze button and go back to sleep. I can tell them to be quite and that will work for maybe 10 minutes. It depends on how late Kimberley stayed up the night before. If she stays up late and they don't go out there last time until late then I can get some extra sleep. Like today it really surprised me I sleep until 12:15. The dogs like to get up around 10:00 and thats alright with me. I hate sleeping as late as I did today because then I don't have as much time at home as I like.

My dad used to get up at 3 or 4:00am to watch his news and then read the paper when it came. He did not have to be to work until 7:00am. I always thought he was crazy going to bed at 7 or 8:00pm. Now I see what he liked. I really enjoy the time at home before work more than I do the time after work.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:52 PM   #9  
Live for the Moment!

Oh god - I'm totally the Princess of Snooze (Queen was already taken by Nelie)!! I must hit it like 10 times in the morning. I love my sleep and often sleep for like 10 hours a night on the weekend. I once tried the whole getting up early to work out thing and just found for me, it wasn't gonna happen - I'd way rather do it at night. For me a greats night sleep is going to bed around 11:30pm or Midnight and getting up at 10am. Awwww... sweet sleep! Must get much more of it before it becomes baby time then I get very little!!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:01 AM   #10  
missaprylj

I always used to POP out of bed. For some reason around Halloween I decided to become a snoozer! I've cut myself off lately by just SETTING my alarm for when I *have* to get up; not 30 minutes before so I can snooze 2-3 times.

Yes, Dawnyal- You do sleep much better when not in 9 minute bits.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:11 AM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I have a child - I don't need an alarm clock. If I sleep past 7am - I've missed half the day.
I think my dh, Jim, has used it maybe once since we've been married. It was to get up at like 4am to make a flight or something.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote