Old 01-26-2005, 04:17 AM   #1  
thin within

Smile Workin' Out Wednesday -- 1/26/05

Well. ladies, I finally did it. I actually went to the gym and worked out. I won't get to go again until next week, as I will be subbing tomorrow. Then school is out on Friday, as teachers will be completing grade reports. I am so ready for the snow to disappear. I hope y'all will be enjoying a great day. Take care everyone!

fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Must be in the air -- I did a cycle on my elliptical, first time this week!
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:07 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Fullfig: Keep up the great attitude and I'm with you on the snow disappearing!!

Barb: Congrats! Now that you've started it'll be easier to keep going!

Well, no new ideas have popped into my head on how to straighten my life out. All I know is Friday and Valentines Day are going to be the days I'm allowing myself to cheat. Then I'm going to work harder at staying OP the rest of the time. Did I mention TOM was attacking again this weekend? It'll make next week harder, but if I allow myself some chocolate once in a while when I REALLY need it then people won't get hurt So slowly starting a plan. Now I've got to just put it into action. SOMETHING has to give...and I want it to be this weight I'm carrying around!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:39 AM   #4  
thin within

Brenda -- it will eventually come to you. this whole thing is a process. of course there are some parts that i like better than others.

Barb -- congrats. i even did some arm and shoulder exercises with weights this afternoon. my weights were 26 oz cans of spaghetti sauce. i figure use whatever i've got.

have a great afternoon everyone! i've got to figure out what to fix for supper soon. i am thinking of doing chicken again, with parsley, dill weed, and chicken boullion. my dd loved it the other night. have a great day all!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #5  

Morning ladies.

The scale is liking me these days....won't actually tell you until Friday.
Worried about my DH....his blood pressure is suddenly high. I took it last night and the lower number was up to 92...this morning it was 82. I told him he needed to go to the docs to have them check it. I know it is just stress but still....I don't want anything to happen to him.

So, I just got an email that they are ending our casual work dress code. I actually don't like doing casual everyday so I don't mind at all. I will need to get some clothes again though....it has been casual for so long. As soon as I lose the rest of the 8 I gained I am headed shopping!

Fullfig: What exactly is the weather like over in Turkey? What would you compare it to over here?

Brenda: I take it it is more than just this WOE that is bothering you? Outside forces make it very hard to follow any plan I know. Just do the best you can and know that we are here to support you. You can do this I know you can. I am thinking of some ideas too...................

barbmarie: Way to go on the exercise!

Well, back to work. Lots to do today. Talk more later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:54 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Woke up this morning to shovel scrapping sounds infront of my house. It was the neighbour guy from texas shovelling!!!!! Dh went out and thanked him, and asked him if he was nuts! Poor guy has been working nights, and needed some exercise to unwind. So he shoveled 3 walk ways and 2 driveways!

Jane~ I love it when the scale is on our side (congratulations ) Take care of that hubby. Offer a nice back rub when he gets home...but only if he keeps his mind blank, and relaxes. My dh has high pb too, but he likes his head scratched

for the exercisers!! With all this talk, Im thinking I should clean off my workout bench again. Its a clothes hanger you know!?!

I havent gotten on the scale in 2 weeks, because I was so sick last week, and then tom started almost as soon as the bug cleared out. I didnt need to get on a scale and make myself feel any worse if it didnt move! BUT, yesterday I tried on a red silk blouse that has been hanging in my closet for forever, (never been worn...bought it thinking I'll fit into that soon) and I can button it up!!! With a bit of space to spare!!!!!! So Im looking forward to hopping on the scale on Monday.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!

Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 01-26-2005 at 09:57 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Good morning! Just time for a little fly-by. For the next 3 days I'm in all day meetings. Ugh! I'm in the office by 7, but normally leave by 3. Staying until 5:00 is gonna be strange.

Brenda - Please forgive me if this comes out wrong. I keep seeing you say 'well, I'm just going to allow myself this one more day to cheat' or 'I'm going to have this one more thing if I really want it' and then you wonder what's wrong. Maybe it's time to stop making exceptions and excuses and just do it. I guess what Love said yesterday struck a chord with me. And you do so well, when you really want to! I can't wait to see you make your goal.

Well, I'm off to down some coffee and get to my meeting. It's on the other side of campus so I'll have a nice walk

Have a good day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:48 AM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Fullfig: Way to go on the exercise!

Barbmarie: Ditto!

Brenda: You can do it -- just do it!

Jane: Take care of DH. And, woo-hoo about the scale and shopping!

Robin: Great news about the blouse. Can't wait for the scale report.

Star: All-day meetings? Ugh. Hope you manage to get through them OK.

Exercise has been my thing lately, too. Yesterday, I swam laps for 40 minutes at the gym. I absolutely love to swim, but the apartment complex pools are too small for actually getting in any real swimming. So, it was great to be able to do that for the first time in a long time.

I'm pretty optimistic about my weigh-in on Monday. I've been OP, and I've been exercising, too. Of course, I could have done without some wine and LC beers, but overall it's been good. At least, it could have been a lot worse!

I hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #9  

Goodmorning!

I had a scheduled cheat last night - pizza and cheesecake. Sooo good, but paying the price today. My stomach is a little queesy. So, I'm on to an OP day and really excited about it! I just feel so much better when I'm OP. Looking back at my holiday splurge, my body just felt so crumby. I think it also affected my mood. I'm just so much happier now that I'm out that sugar addiction cycle.

Well, hope everyone has a great OP day!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #10  
thin within

good evening ladies. i thought i'd pass on a little reminder about fire safety, being that i just had a 2 foot flame coming out of my pan while cooking my chicken. earlier this week i got brave and sprayed a little pam on my chicken while i was cooking on my gas stove. never, ever, ever had i done this before. since nothing happened, i tried it again a while ago when i turned my chicken. ladies, do not try this at home. let me just say that i am so proud that i did not have my size "i" mook mooks strapped in a bra. had they been sitting up, instead of lying down, i would have had some serious burns. i have never been so proud that 38 months of nursing stretched them out enough to help them relax so close to my body. now, i'd better get back in there to finish the chicken. i had to sit down for a minute to count my nerves, as my momma would say.

jane--weather in ankara is much like denver's
Old 01-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #11  

Default Where to put the snow???

LISA - sounds so familiar, watch those steps, I twisted my ankle my first full day back at work, so I was out another three days. I just kept DD on the sofa with me, elevated leg and we watched TV and vegged out. Be careful. I was carrying DD in the carseat and when she fell she was all strapped in and just bounced down the steps, she was fine, didn't notice a thing.

FULFIG - Good for you getting to the gym. sounds like you have to take it when you can get it. I hear you on the Pam.

I would love to do some walking today but we are getting another 5-9 inches of snow on top of the 30 we already have. Kids are out of school though DD is in her extended care so I am at work trying to clean up and and catch up.

Doing well with the food today, probably too many nuts, but overall doing fine. Unfortunately all the leftovers are about gone, so I will have to cook up something new by tomorrow, I do better when I do one big cookout and have lots to spare.

BRENDA - Just keep on working on a plan and you will soon be working successfully. I can't have so many days off because it just takes me longer to get back on.

JANE - I am thinking maybe DH's BP was a fluke?? maybe a bad reading? Your signature is very cute.

LOVE - Know those feelings in my tummy when the carbs are too high, just don't feel good overall.

Execise today will be walking up to pick up DD and hopefully a DVD at home. I gave DH a Fat Composition test for his birthday, he asked for it, so he may have scheduled that today. He is nervous and excited to find out the results. I think he will find it very motivating.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Jane: Thanks for the great words...this site is the only thing preventing a total carb-fest and giving up. You all are great for motivation and inspiration (and the occasional kick in the behind). I can't wait to find out what your WI is!!!! Keep up the great work Hope nothing serious is wrong w/DH!

Robin: Congrats on the shirt fitting. Being from Texas he must not be used to snow?

Star: I'm glad I don't have to deal with meetings. Guess that's why I'm a "lowly" employee where I'm at (instead of trying to get into a bigger place & make more money). Hope your weather was nice for your walk. You know, I didn't take offense at what you said. And you're right. I've no right to complain because I've actually sabotaged myself. But I'm still going to "allow" myself those 2 days It's the candy and other stuff I'm going to do my best to stay away from. Thanks for the advice and I'll try and watch my "allows" and try and turn it into "well, maybe later IF."

Jina: WOOHOO!! Look at you!! Exercising up a storm! The swimming sounds like fun

Kerri: Isn't it amazing how things aren't as good as we used to think they were?

Fullfig: Sounds like a serious accident could have happened. Glad you're ok and so are your.... Hope the chicken turned out ok! Makes me glad I don't have a gas stove!!

Liza: MORE snow? We don't have nearly as much as you and for that I'm glad. I TRULY dislike winter. LOVE Spring and Fall though. What's a Fat Composition? And do you think that'll make him want to join you on Atkins?

I think I've caught up with everyone. Trying to get stuff together for taxes. Mom wants me to get stuff together so she can figure out the long form and see if that gets us a bigger refund. Which is all well and good, but we've never done that before. I finally figured out how to do the short form last year by myself. Now she wants to screw me up again. DH wants me to figure the short form so we have a "guestimate" on how much we'll get back. So I've got to figure that out in a little while. I'm going straight from here to doing my step aerobics. Haven't exercised in I don't know how long so it's about time to jump back to it!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #13  

OK ENOUGH SNOW! We are in the process of getting 10 more inches....I live in the same state as Sugar! ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH went to the docs and his bp was still a little high. They did an EKG and said everything looked good. They weren't really worried so they scheduled his physical for next week to do some blood tests and gave him a low dose bp medicine to take for a week or so and see if it goes down.

Well, I blew it this afternoon!!!!!!!! What a dope! I got stressed at work and went and bought some chips out of the stinkin machine! Oh what an idiot. I will have to try extra hard tomorrow so that that doesn't happen again. dope, dope, dope!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #14  

Brenda - Regarding the taxes, a couple years ago I started using Turbo Tax for the web. They run through all the questions for you and decide which form gives you the best tax advantage. They figure the whole thing and you just type in the answers to their questions. It saves a ton of time and energy. The website is www.turbotax.com if your interested. It's $29 I think for the Federal and $10 for the State. And, you can do the whole thing and see what it comes out to, and if you don't want to use the service you don't have to - no charge. Might be worth the effort. It's a lifesaver for me!

Good luck to ya!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

If you go to IRS.gov and access Turbotax from their site, its free!!!
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote