Old 01-26-2005, 07:55 AM   #1  

Smile Housewives Losing Weight #26

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat.

Last edited by melmcc99; 01-26-2005 at 07:58 AM.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:01 AM   #2  

Morning all! Well, I am very tired this morning because my little guy here had trouble sleeping so he was so sweet to have me join him in his restlessness. ANyway, no gym today....don't fall off your seat ladies...I have friend coming here today, so I have to get some stuff cleanup. I'll probably do some kind of exercise. just not sure what yet. I'll bbl when I wake up some. I wish I drank coffee. Challenges drink that water....100 oz .....starting now!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:29 AM   #3  

Morning all!!

I'm so tired. Don't know why. BLECH. Maybe coming down with something. My throat feels kind scratchy.

Today I'll be doing strength training 20 minutes and aerobics for 25 min. I try to do at least 45 min a day/5 days a week.

I hear chocolate calling my name!!

Maybe I need some coffee!!
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!

Wasn't it the full moon or something? I had a restless one last night too! Celine had leg cramps,yes they hurt tremendously, so I had to go in there and rub and massage them. They always seem to wake up when I'm deeeeeeeep in the middle of my sleep cycle! I had to get up early and make dh a lunch, so I'm not going to go to bed again. I'm not having coffee, today's morning bev. in green tea with lemon. It's snowing here too. Not heavy or fast just a slow, big flake thing, like a snowglobe. I liked the pooh and friends snowglobe that's up today. You girls always find such cute things to post! Well, I am determined to get caught up on the laundry today. I had extra from last week that made it even harder. I have to admit, I do have to "thin the herd", in a major way! I'm doing good on my plan, yesterday's QOTD about calories, by lunch time I calculated 550 so I just had supper to go and since I couldn't make a very good calculation I'll just say I must have gone over 1000 at least. I had two bowls of navy bean soup. That's why my cals where so low from the morning. I was anticipating that.
B- atkins morning start bar- 2carbs- 150 cal.
French Vanilla Tea- tsp. splenda-Tbl. cream-3carbs -90 cals.
L- 2cups sauteed veggies- 8 carb. -60 cals
2 scrambled eggs - 0 carbs- 140 cal.
1 T. butter 0 carbs- 100 cal

S- 2 measured C Navy bean soup ???? (light on the beans!)

I know it doesn't sound like I'm getting enough cal. but truly, I'm not hungry and even thinking about food during the day. Also, don't forget I do have alot of reserves to whittle away on! In the after school hump I would like a piece of chocolate and then that happens again before I go to bed but I think that's all in my head because I'm not hungry...just craving! Oh! I am drinking my water... glug, glug, glug.

Michelle-you scared me yesterday! Please get something inside yourself, first thing. I am not hungry when I first wake up. So I have those bars, because they aren't big, but filling and I can function. I have hypo-glycemia.
If I don't get this weight off. I will develope diabetes like my maternal-side ancestors did. I am really committed to this. It's just like bacon and eggs, the chicken was motivated but the pig was committed!

Mel- Hey! You are allowed NOT to go to the gym everyday. You are everyones excercise motivator around here anyway! I hope you have a nice visit with you friend!

Jillybean- thanks for the pizza recipe! I can have that, like I said before SBD and Atkins can share many recipes so I'm totally on board with that! Gonna have some on Thursday. I have to get some ricotta first! I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm trying to incorporate some of my recipies for family meals and this is a good one! They can always have bread sticks and salad to go along with.

Well, I have to go back to yesterday's post and see if I missed something. I am trying to get things organized around here. Also Lent is coming up and I have to clean out my pantry and basement for "goodies". Lent will make not cheating so much easier! BBL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:55 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Melissa-You not going to the gym? Oh my gosh, the sky is falling... Okay we forgive you. Have a great time with your friend.

Roxy-Poor Celine! Is she having growing pains? Tiana gets leg pains like that but not enough to wake her up. I get them pretty bad sometimes, enough to shoot me straight out of bed. I hate that! I guess that's something that I'll have deal with for the rest of my life.

Choco Cat-Hope you don't mind that I shortened your name a bit.... There is so many flus and colds going around. Hopefully you're not getting something. I take it you're a chocoholic. I myself am a choc. cinn. bear person and a peach ring junkie... My dad owns a candy business. I work there 2 days a week. Geez, wonder how I got overweight?

Well ladies...I better get my butt off of here. The kids need to get to school. I'd hate to deny them their education so I could play on the computer. Tiana has an early day today. She gets out at noon. Kayla gets out at 11. So this afternoon I'll have them all home. I'll have to paint a little I guess. DH says to open some windows. I keep getting these massive headaches.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies well I had a big post typed out but its off floating somewhere in cyberspace. I had a restless night as well and Taylor woke everyone up early! Grrrrr...
I don't have time now to write a whole long post
I'll BBL to get personal though!

I hope you all have a great Morning!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:20 AM   #7  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone. Already been to walmart this morning. I am making baked potato soup for dinner. It's really good. You could use low fat stuff in it to make it healthier. Anyway, so much for our warm weather. It's only in the forties right now. Not much going on here. I need to go study for my test. Have a great,active, OP day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:04 PM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

GM Ladies!

Fly by for now! Dd is in the bathtub, gotta make lunch and she has school today, then I have to pick up a few things at the grocery store. Scouts after school, fix supper and dh has to work tonight. I will try to get back here tonight to get personal.

Michelle: Make sure you are eating girly! Scared me too!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hey ladies! I didn't make it to Bible study today because I was dealing with a mini-crisis around here. A bird flew very hard into my door on my deck and stunned itself there on my deck. My German Shepherd was going crazy, so I went out there and I thought it was near death, so I hung around the house waiting to see what would happen. The bird just sat there for like an hour, so I went outside with some gloves on to pick it up so I could see how injured it was. When I stepped outside, it flew away! Crazy thing! I guess that bird wanted to be my dog's snack. Yikes!! Anyway, I love animals so much - I couldn't just leave it there. So, that was my excitement. I did go to Curves and had a good workout, though.

Ricci - baked potato soup sounds really good. My husband loves it, but I haven't made it in ages. Maybe this weekend.

Roxy - your breakfast sounds good. Do you normally drink coffee? I love coffee so much! I tried substituting it with green tea, but I had to have my java! You were talking about diabetes - I had gestational diabetes for both of my pregnancies, so I really have to be careful.

Michelle - please be careful with that blood sugar thing. YOu know, I have had very long posts just disappear. Maddening, isn't it?!!

Hi chocolate catz! Nice to see you!

Chris - you Dad owns a candy company? Woo hoo!!! I've got to resist those conversation hearts this time of year. I love those things!

Well, I'll see everyone later. I have a busy night tonight being Mom the Chauffeur!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Afternoon ladies-

A quickie for me, now that I've eaten my lunch and am enjoying my tea. Digesting and thinking for a moment.

Gretchen-Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I love my coffee, however I'm trying not to be so dependent on it and have decided to give it up for a while. I like chai (which for coffee lovers) is a good substitute and also Good Earth makes a very great tea sweet and spicy that is strong tasting like coffee lovers like. Many coffee drinkers can't drink herbal tea with pleasure because they say it tastes weak. Yes, the blood sugar issue has to be watched very carefully, but preferably before it becomes a part of our lives!
I've also had posts vanish, that is so aggrevating!
Hey Deana, Ricci, Michelle, Chris, and chocolatecatz , and all of you other moms out there busy with everyday living! BBl to chat.

~Roxy
Old 01-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey ladies add me to the list of restless nights! lol Well after I initially fell asleep it was fine but I tried to go to bed at a decent hour (10pm) and right before I laid down a certain someone wanted to lay in bed with us so I let her for about 20 minutes then took her to her own bed and she was fine. Then as I was finally drifting my dogs (who live right outside our bedroom window) started barking at nothing, then they were playing on top of the dog house together and they sounded like they were tap dancing!! Sooooooooooooooooooo by 1 I think I got to sleep, so much for going to bed early.

Just got back from a good walk at my cousins house, she's 6.5 months preggo with her first and is trying to keep in shape. It was fun so I got my exercise and adult time in today lol. I have school at 4 today but have a lot of work to do around here before then so I need to get a bulk of it done while B is napping. She doesn't let me get anything done these days!!

Shell and Kris sorry to leave you hanging last night. Dh needed the puter for just a sec (ya right) so I went off to read and came back and you all were gone! Just as well though I was procrastinating too long!! Hope you both have a great day!!

HI Gretchen! Crazy about that bird, I would have hung around too! lol I love animals!

Hi Deana you busy lady you!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm potato soup, not sbd so none for me but sounds good all the same Ricci!

Chris don't tempt me with your sweet treats! Those peach rings sound good!!

Hi Roxy! I bet that recipe will work great for your family. It's good as leftovers too, I think I am going to make a bigger pan of it this weekend so we can have it during the week. Your meals sound good, and looks like they are working for you too which is what really matters!! How much have you lost since you've joined 3fc?

Hi chocolatekatz, whats your real name? I'm Jill, you can read about me above. Hope you like it here.

Mel my whole world has been shattered because you didn't go to the gym! lmao!! Just kidding. Hope you have fun with your friend!!

Ok I need to get some things done around here. Hope you all have a great day!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #12  
I will suceed!!!

Default Good morning....

Well, I had a restless night myself last night. But it's been like that for a while with me. But that is okay, I am slowly getting the kids back on a schedule. My daughter is back in head start, and she gets up at 7 in the morning, but I still can't get her to go to bed at a decent hour. She gets up, plays, runs around, and is up until after midnight. I keep hoping that it will catch up with her and eventually will even out, but I don't know.

I hope everyone is having a terrific day, despite the restless nights.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #13  

Well all, I'm sorry everyone had such a bad night sleep. I was there with ya. 4 in my bed last night by about 230. Oh well, good thing it's a king. Anyway, our playdate was fun. The girls and boys are the same age and that makes it easy for my friend and I to chit chat though. It was nice to have adult time. RIght JIlly?! I think I'm making that pizza Jill put up on the board last night. Sounded good! I hope everyone gets a better night sleep tongiht! bbl to check in.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Oh for those of you making the pizza thing, make sure and suction the grease and such that collects in the middle while the crust is cooking, I got about a half cup out, I didn't want it to be soggy. anyway hope it turns out good for you! I sure liked it!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:23 PM   #15  
a.k.a. Roxy

HI one more posty post before the crew gets home!

Then I can't post for a while till most of the little ones are in bed.

Chris- yes, those are those growing pains, I think she is right in a growth spurt too. Celine is constantly eating! I even caught her in the refrigerator eating green olives! Oh well, musta needed 'em! I remember those leg cramps too, from pregnancy! Oy! One made me jump right outta bed and I broke a blood vessel, I had a bruise on my calf for more than a week. You have all those aches too don't you?

Hey Deana- my evil twin! Did you have a nice girlie lunch yesterday? Did you stay good and order veggies? Or bad like I woulda been and order General Tso's chicken?

Jillybean- I hope you are liking SBD. Since I've been on 3fc, I've lost 25 Lbs. but I lost 5 lbs. before coming on the site. I still count that in my head. So...I always tell myself we've lost 30 poundses, and we never wantses them back!
Do we? No! We wantses them gone forever! But that's not bad for me since the end of Oct. I don't want to be one that loses it fast and gains it back faster! Slow and steady wins the race! What about 2 lbs. a week. That's what all the diet gurus say is a good rate of loss. 4 in the bed with you or counting you? Sound crowded, but there will come a time that they won't come in for anything!

Hi Tabitha- hope you are having a good day, behaving yourself without drinking any soda. Have you ever tried a twist of lemon in diet soda? Some swear you can't taste that it's diet then. Try it, maybe!

Celine wants a pbj, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree....BBL

~Roxy