Old 01-25-2005, 08:31 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Housewives Losing Weight #25

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat.

Last edited by Deana1113; 01-25-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies! I'm off to bring dd to school and then right to the gym. I have an hour of cardio to do plus a ten minute run that I hate. SOOOOO, I'll bbl to post.

Chocolate kats....welcome! I'll catch ya later.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:50 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! Good Morning Ladies !!!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Jeniqua: Glad that got that taken care of! Get some rest.

Well, I better get my day started. I am finally down to about 4 loads of laundry, then I'm not touching it til I have a full load (maybe a day or two)! I have a lunch date today with my dd and Andrew's scout leader. They are real buddies and she spoils Abby beyond belief, so today it's my turn. Their birthdays were only 3 days (Jan 8th & 11th), apart so I promised to take them to lunch. Things have been crazy for all of us so we're just now getting to it. Abby got to pick where we go and she wants Chinese, but I know I can be good there. Yesterday I said to heck with it and had a free day. I hadn't really had a totally free day since I started almost 6 months ago so I feel I deserved it. I have been having such bad salty craving, so I satisfied those yesterday and am back on the wagon today!

I will check back later.

to all the other sahm's and our part-time sahm's .

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:34 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies...

Welcome kats

Melissa,
Have fun!

Deana,
Thanks for starting the new thread

I got alot of errands to run this morning and decided to do the gym later on today... I know put it offf...... lol But i'll get it done

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:54 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

Hello ladies...good morning!!! I feel sooo much better!! The horrible pain is gone. It's a little sore from the cut but I am fine, Thank God and thank you ladies for all your prayers!!! Today I'm not going to the gym because I want to give my tooth time to heal a bit. I will be exercising from home though and getting my exercise in. I am bummed that I can't go to the gym but I'll be back there before I know it....

Deana~ Thanks!! I feel much better!!

Mel~ Have fun at the gym!! I am soo jealous..lol. You're doing great. I truly believe that you inspire alot of us on this board including me. Before you know it you'll be in the 180's!!! YAY!!

Penny~ Sounds like you have a busy morning ahead of you. I hope you make it to the gym!! Have a great day.

I have to go doctor my son, he's running a fever but he'll be okay...he just needs mommy. I'll be back to get personal with you other ladies later... BBL..
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #6  
**Kristin**

hey gals quick one for me! Thanks to those of you that commented on helping m choose a plan. I think that I am going to read a little on each one, and am leaning towards SBD. Jilly I would love to be your sbd buddy, if that is the plan that I think will work the best! I am going to take stock of EVERYTHING in the house this week and get rid of it as fast as possible and start over with the right kind of recipes that I need to lose weight! Sinus pressure kept me up all night so I am going to nap a little before dd gets back here after pre-school ! I work again tonight, so I probably won't be back here. Have a great day ladies! Love to you all!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:09 AM   #7  
Jeniqua

Kristin~ I just read your post from yesterday. I hope you feel better soon. I will be praying for your grandma too. As far as the 2 plans go. I've done the South Beach Diet and it works great. I really liked it. The only downfall for me was I love my pasta. I just recently started reading Dr. Phil's book. I've lost alot of weight before but I was never able to keep it off. I am mainly reading his book so I can maintain my weight loss once I reach my goal. I know of people who have used his plan and said it really works. Those are both great choices... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I've missed you! I've never told you either thank you for the Christmas card. I put it in my scrapbook..Sydney is Gorgeous. Have a great OP day.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning everyone!
Jeniqua - I'm so glad you're feeling better. Take it easy today. How do you like Dr. Phil's book so far? I thought it was great; I read it awhile ago.

I think Jeremy has an ear infection, so I'm taking him to the doctor today at 2:30. The boys are out of school again this Thurs and Fri due to teacher in-service days, so they won't be in school much this week since they were out yesterday. Sean was so funny - he got up this morning and thought there was no school again. Sorry to disappoint! LOL!

It's been hard for me to stay OP this weekend and yesterday, but I'm back on track today. I didn't really do anything terrible, but I went to Starbucks on Saturday and had most of a caramel macchiato (sp?). I tried to make up for it later in the day, but I don't know how well I did. Today is a new day, though, right?

I applied for my "dream job" yesterday, which is working for our local SPCA as an Adoption Counselor. I really, really, really want this job!!! We got our dog, Heidi, from them and they do great things. So, everyone, keep your fingers crossed that I hear back from them soon. Ok, I'll check back later tonight.
Peace!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...
Jeniqua-Glad you got some relief from the tooth. Hopefully it heals fast. So your little one has a fever today? Darn this time of year. I've lucked out, mine haven't caught too many bugs so far.

Kristin-I bought the SBD book the other day. I'm thinking about trying that out too. Everyone seems to be having great luck with it. I also have diet cd that has a ton of recipes for SB, Atkins, and other low-carb recipes. My cousin has pcos and she is pre-diabetic. Her doctor told her to try the South Beach diet. He wants her to get her weight down instead of putting her on more meds. If doctor's are willing to recommend it, it can't be all bad.

Gretchen-Sounds like a great job opportunity! I hope you get it. I love animals, but I get attached to easy. I always wanted to be a vet when I was growing up until I saw a cat who was seriously hurt and didn't think I could handle seeing an animal in pain, even if it was too help them. An adoption counselor sounds like a dream job to me. Of course, I'd be adopting all the dogs and cats out to myself.

Deana-Laundry...the endless problem! I have a ton to do. While we were painting last week, it was the last thing on my mind. Now I'm back up to Mount Washmore AGAIN! Have fun with your lunch date! My SIL takes my little girl out for "dates" once a month or so and that's what they go for...Chinese food. It makes Kayla feel really special and she loves spending time with her Aunt Robbie. Her names Robin, but we call her Robbie or Obbie, or Obba Shoes...(I know, we're strange!)

Michelle-I got my Gazelle going last night. I LOVE IT! My legs felt like jello for a while after I got done. I can feel it working. I read mixed reviews on it too but I think it'll be fine for me, esp. since it's easy on my joints.

Penny-We are watching you! You make sure you get your buns to the gym later...

Morning Melissa-Let see-you've probably already put in an 1 1/2 of exercise and are Energizer Bunnying the way through the rest of the day. Am I right?

Choc. Catz-Welcome! I'm Chris...sahm of 3 little terrorist girls.

Okay I'll check back later. Gotta get this laundry going for the day and start straightening out the mess my dh left from his home "improvement" projects. I guess my job is industrial clean up.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:18 AM   #10  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone.
It is so nice here today. In the 60's, but it'll go back to 30's and 40's on Thursday. I am opening my windows and airing out my house from the sickies. Not much really going on here. I am getting ready to go work out. I have been taking my dinner to school with me at night. I am tired of these other girls saying, "Oh, I need to lose weight," but then they eat out every single night. Not only am I saving money, but I am eating healthy(ier) most of the time. Any way, have a great day. one of these days I will get personal. Love ya all!
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #11  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey there ladies! It was warm here yesterday. Close to 60! I loved it, it was sunny and everything. Was a nice change after all the cold, thick fog we had been having the past few days. Remember when I told you all I was going to go tanning yesterday? Well I did and made sure I only went for 15 minutes and I got sooooooooooooo burned!!! I was supposed to take pics for the MLW site but I'm too embarrassed now!! lol If it didn't hurt so bad it would be funny! Anyway I hope I don't peel because what would the point of tanning be if it peeled all off? So today is no gym but I'll do the challenge here at home. Since my schedule is kind of crazy I have decided to just go Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I think that will work well and still give me time to get homework and such done.

For anyone contemplating the SBD I actually really like it. After the first few days the cravings I used to have for bad carbs and sugar are gone and I can get satisfied with what I am allowed. It's nice. I also found a great recipe for deep dish pizza on the 3fc site here under SBD phase 1 entrees and made it last night and it was soooooooooooooooooooo good! I mean there was no bread involved but the way you make it, it really tastes like pizza. I encourage anyone to try it whether you are on SBD or not.

Jeniqua I am so glad you got your tooth fixed! Did the dentist send you to the ER? Or did you just go there yourself? Either way I'm glad it's fixed and you can finally have some relief! I hope you got some rest tonight. Take care of that little boy today!

Hi Ricci! We have similiar weather, unlike most people on this board who are negative degrees right now!! lol

Hi Chris! We can be SBD buddies too if you want!!

Gretchen my fingers are crossed for you for that job! Sorry to hear about the ear infection and all the closed school days lol I know it's hard sometimes having them home a lot!

Hi Kris!!

Penny I won't yell at you about the gym because I am not even going today! lol have a great day!!

Hi Deana! Laundry is never ending here so I don't even try to do ALL of it. I just do some when I can and try to keep it in the hampers instead of overflowing onto the floor! lol That's about as good as I can do at this point in time. Hope you get all of yours done though.

Hi Mel!!! Hope you have a nice run! I don't envy you. I'll be walking today lol

Ok I hear a baby and need to go get her so we can get dressed and I can get to school. I'll be back later tonight. Hope you all have a great OP day!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:52 AM   #12  

Penny, hope you get all your errands done.

Gretchen, good luck with that job. SOrry Jeremy has an ear infection. Don't worry about not being on plan it's in the past. You will do better today. You can do it!!!!! We are here for you.

Jenny, Hope your little guy is ok. Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Kristin, sorry, I didn't post about your diet. I think SB would be good. OH BTW, I know you have started drinking diet soda. A trainer, healthy lifestyle coach is coming to talk at my local group and he says diet soda can make you gain weight, so beware.

Deana, have fun at lunch with the kids! I bet it'l be nice. Watch that salt. It did me in the other day. The scale said 199 this morning. Grrrrrrrrr. I hate TOM and salt. TOM is due in about 1 1/2 weeks. I just wish I would get it over with.

Chris, laundry is a killer. I don't mind so much doing it, but it's endless. And socks,,....where do they go? Kids never seem to have any. I have a bag of single socks, just waiting to find its mate...lol.....Yes, you are right. I am back for a total of hmmmm LM see....challange was 10 minutes and 35 cardio and 25 weights and stretching. so that's 1 hour and 10 minutes... I had had enough. How's the gazelle?

Ricci, enjoy the nice weather. Hope it doesn't get too cold for ya. I agree though, open those windows and air out the germs. That's what I do every warm day we get. Which isn't much! Was only 10degrees when I took dd to school this a.m.

OK gals, like I said above. I did 1 hour of exercise and 10minute run challange. I can't believe how much better my running is getting. It's now a real challange to try to get to 10minutes straight. I did 5 minutes walked for 2 and ran 5 again. Five minutes straight running 5mph was huge for me. Anyway, bbl...have a good one all.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:58 AM   #13  

Jill sorry, you snuck in on me. THat pizza sounds good, can you post the recipe for us? Have a great day. Enjoy the weather and your walk.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning everyone!

Crazy day for me yesterday, husband is going back to days, but had the day off yesterday. Nuff said!

Mel-Oh Great Workout Queen! I love those snowbunny pics!! Have fun playing in the snow. I know you'll be working out hard today, but take care of that knee.

Ricci- You have done so awesome. We're all proud of you, keep up the great work and just ignore ignorance!

Jillybean- getting thin, buff, and tan! OOOOH LA LA! Wait till summer. You'll be a hot momma! Enjoy your thinness, until you enjoy filling out that new maternity dress!

Deana- howdy country gal! You are still so busy, busy, busy! Don't worry about that 1 pound! It'll be gone when you go to Curves and bust some butt there! Have fun at your girlie luncheon, I'm jealous, Chinese is my fav!

Michelle-how are the rubber legs? Glad you really like your Gazelle! WTG on your weight loss and excercising! Are you gonna catch Mel?

Steph- Happy birthday to your lil' Jack. Watch out they get big so fast!! Mine just turned 20! When did that happen? Squeeze them often and tell 'em you love them!

Tabitha- sorry your hubby made that rude remark. ?? I wish I had something witty to say about it, but lose the weight and make him eat crow!

Gretchen-did you have a nice talkie with dh? Hope that he backs you up from now on! I also am crossing my fingers for your dream job! That would be great! I hope Jeremy also doesn't have an ear ache, those really hurt! Poor kid! Have a great workout at Curves.

Chris- I've seen that cd on ebay. I had my eye on that one too, tell me if you like it. There's supposed to be so much on those! Enjoy your Gazelle. You'll have rubber legs with Michelle!

Jeniqua- I was wondering about that tooth! Glad you had it taken care of! I am so glad that you are feeleing better already, Oh that must have been so painful! Get better 100% soon!!!!!

Kristin- first of all, I'm so sorry to hear of your DGM! I hope that you will be healthy soon, you've had a rough fall/winter season haven't you! Hope you feel better! Also, SBD sounds really good to me! Your first two weeks are like Atkins, those are tough because of the reduction of carbs, however, You will find that you will feel so great after that time. Cravings will be down and you will have so much energy. The best place to find out more is here at 3fc! I'd go down the forum lurk and ask questions! These gals are living it and have lots of great advice! Don't forget to read the book!!

Welcome chocolatecatz! All the ladies here are an inspiration and great people! You will love it here! Post often! We'd like to get to know you.

Well, better kick myself in the butt and get moving! I'll bbl!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:28 PM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Here's the deep dish Pizza recipe, tell me if you make it and what you think!

Preheat oven to 350*, and spray a 10" pie plate with Pam.
Mix together-
1lb xlean ground turkeybreast or ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
Pat into bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake about 20 minutes.
In medium bowl mix together-
1 cup ricotta
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup jarred spagetti sauce (I use Cento brand)
1-2 Tbsp. pesto
Spoon into the hamburger crust and top with chopped veggies of your choice. I used red peppers, mushrooms, onions and black olives. Sprinkle with a little mozzarella. Bake another 20-25 minutes til bubbly. Let cool about 10 minutes before serving. Mangia!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote