Old 01-25-2005, 03:22 AM   #1  
thin within

Smile Too Cold Tuesday -- 1/25/05

Mornin' all. It is sooooo cold here this morning. The snow has started falling again. Seems like I am coming down with another cold. It seems like I am always catching a cold here. I haven't been sick this frequently since my days in daycare a decade ago. I think the pollution here is the main culprit. Looks like I will be subbing on Thursday. So I need to have this cold cleared up before then. I hope all of you are sleeping well, as I type, and will be enjoying a great day. Stay safe and warm wherever you are!
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:06 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Fullfig: Take care of yourself so that cold doesn't get any worse. Do you take vitamin C? My Grandfather swears by it for keeping colds away. I haven't looked at the weather forecast to see when we're supposed to get snow again. Soon I'm sure. Try and stay warm!!!

Well, nothing has been settled in my mind. It's all in a mess and I need to figure it out so I can go on from here. I need to find a way to stay on this WOE because it's the only thing that works for me. But I need to find out how to survive the weekend. Those are my hard days. I need to get my "I can do this" attitude back. And of course, the more I mess up the worse I feel about my self which of course leads to more mess ups the following weekend. ARGH! Vicious cycle. I need a good kicking!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:09 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Fullfig~I hope you nip this bug in the bud!! Take your vitamins, and drink lots of water!! green tea too!!!

Brenda~ Ive been reading your posts about exercise, and how your having a hard time getting yourself in gear. Sounds like you have the tapes or dvd's to do the work, you have the weights(?) maybe you just need a program and some motivation? My thoughts ...do with them what you will...

1) if you havent already, start reading "Thin for Life" its great motivation and a bit of insight as to what might be happening in our heads.

2) find a weight lifting program you can follow. I like to use the Body for Life program...its simple to follow and covers all the major muscle groups. Yes it works! (Im referring to the weight exercises and not the food diet)

3) weekends.....how about trying a free amount of time? Say Saturday nights from 5-7? or a free meal? or just a free dessert? GUILT FREE!!! Just once a week, preplanned and dont faulter from that plan. Then get right back to it!

Anyway, my thoughts, do what you will with them

Not much happening around here today...just some tidying, and cleaning out of stuff that has been collected for too long. Too much crap all over the place. I always wonder why I kept this stuff when I go to toss it out. Dh and I received a dvd/tv as a wedding gift last summer, and its still sitting on the floor in the bedroom, the box is holding up the fan........so why havent I put this stuff away, and tossed the box? good question Stuff....Stuff to be tossed and put away. Good thing to do today I think.

I'll get out and shovel some more today, and head out for a walk too. I didnt get much exercise yesterday, so Im feeling a bit sluggish today.

Thats about it for my corner of the world...have a great day

Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:21 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hugs to you all
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:54 AM   #5  

Fullfig: It is cold and snowy here too....I feel for you. I hope that cold doesn't get the better of you.

Brenda: Ok missy! Do you have any idea how well you have done? So what if you aren't at that PERFECT weight yet. You will get there when and if you want. I agree with the 1 cheat day a week....I think it is something to look forward too and may keep you on the straight and narrow during the week. Now I know that it probably isn't the fastest way to reach your goal but if it helps keep you going during the week then so be it. You have done so well and why can't you see that? hmmmmm?????

Robin: I did some tyding up myself this weekend when I was snowed in! Got all my papers in a file system....ahhhhhhh...feels good doesn't it.

Leenie: Smoochies!

Well not much going on with me either...back to work...thank goodness, don't think I could take another day at home staring out at all that freakin snow. Have all legal foods with me today.....hoping for the best. Need the scale to start moving down again......want to get rid of this gut! If I gave up the wine I know it would go faster

Hope you all have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:26 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies,

Just swingin by to say HI and say I was back OP yesterday, I did good, just a slight no sugar headache but nothin to complain about. I started taking my Airborne cause I was feeling scratchy throat, so I hope I got it in quick enough to knock out whatever was on its way!

I will stop by and do personals later..late for work.

Love TG

Have a Great LC day!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Fullfig: Hope you get to feeling better.

Brenda: You have done a great job so far! Don't get down on yourself. One thing I try to do is act like all off-plan food will kill me -- even one bite. This usually helps me. And, the more I talk about being on Atkins and eating right to other people, the more I feel like I can't mess up around them -- they hold me accountable without even knowing it.

Robin: Hope the tidying goes well. I could stand to do that around here, too!

Leenie: Hey there, stranger!

Jane: Have a fabulous OP day -- you can do it!

TG: Great job for being back OP!

Still moving along OP! I've been getting in lots of exercise these days, too. I love the gym! I look forward to going everyday. What a great investment the gym is! I should have done this much, much sooner.

I really need to go grocery shopping. I am running out of things to eat. It's pretty much lettuce, tomatoes, coffee and peanuts. I don't know how or why I let the refrigerator get so bare. I printed off a couple of recipes from the site to try out, so I'm looking forward to getting the ingredients for those. I love to cook, I just don't do it often enough.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #8  

Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted, and after a long slide during the holidays, I'm back to being OP and exercising. I gained 10lbs back! It just sucks, but I'll lose it again!

I've been lurking here for a while, catching up on your guys. You really are a great inspiration!

Brenda: Have you tried journaling on the weekends? Maybe if you can isolate your triggers and understand them, then you'd have a better chance of defeating them. You've come a long way and seem to be struggling with the same issue week after week. I'm sure your tired of it. I know I would be. Do your slip ups on the weekend actually result in a gain, or just a stall? Just a thought, but if it's just a stall, maybe you could offset it with more exercise. Just an idea.

Glad to be back with you guys!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:06 PM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

LOve that is a great idea, I was gonna tell Brenda that, I just got a journal to start doing that!! Thanks for that!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #10  
Head Princess

<---- That is exactly what I look like today! Ugh! I'm such a fwit! Was out till sometime after 1:00 am drinking with DH since it was his night off. I didn't mean to drink that much or stay out that late, but it happened and I am soooooo paying for it today! Thank heavens there's no hangover, but my head just isn't clearing up. And I came into work 2 1/2 hours later than I normally do. Good thing no one notices or cares
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #11  

LOVE2C135: Very good point...is she stalling or gaining....from what it looks like to me she gains a pound or so then loses it during the week so I would call that a stall. SO BRENDA...up the exercise on the weekends if you are going to cheat!

Star: Ooooooohhhhhh I hate that. Sorry you don't feel up to snuff. Go home tonight (STRAIGHT HOME!) and get some rest.

Jina: Thanks...so far so good.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #12  
Head Princess

Thanks, Jane! I'm alternating water and coffee and got in a little retail therapy so I'm starting to feel better. I work for a major athletic company and they had a sample sale today so now I have tons of new workout clothes. Yippee!!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:32 PM   #13  

Ok now I am jeleous! How great to work for a company where you can get stuff. What would I get.......They just let us join the company weight loss program for free......duh!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:49 PM   #14  
Head Princess

I'm pretty spoiled here. We have fabulous gyms (for a price) big discounts at the employee store and then the occasional sample sale. So those $40 dri-fit shirts are only $5. That's good cause I hate to spend my money. I'd rather spend someone else's.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #15  

Star - my Mom works there too, and she LOVES the sample sales. My son is very well outfitted for that very same reason!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote