Old 01-24-2005, 07:53 AM   #1  

Wink Housewives Losing Weight! # 24

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months)

(bobsgal) Stephanie 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #2  

OK all I'm back in the grind today! I have an hour of PT today and an hour of cardio to do. Plus that darn challange of lunges which is gonna make me nuts. I'm gonna ask the trainer how to modify them so I don't hurt my knee. I think it's just the arthritis though. Anyway, It's almost 830 am here and I have to be there to train at 1030. I should get there at 10 so I can do 1/2 cardio, train, then 1/2 cardio. Lunges will fit in there somewhere. TOM is making me retain water. I hopped on the scale and ewww It said 199. IMagine my surprise!!!!!! ANyway, I know it's mainly water, since I had chineese food last night. BUt my gosh almost 3 lbs...Oh man. THis girl is workin her butt off today. bbl ladies to check in. Challanges. Come on 2 weeks left. Lets move and groove.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning ladies! I hope you guys like the pics. I hope I wasn't too presumptuous to just add those to the albums.

Anyhow - I have a major husband vent to get off my chest this morning. My husband is sabatoging my diet big time! I honestly believe he wants me to stay fat. Examples:
the other night he called and asked if there was anything I wanted from the store (he specifically asked about "dessert type" stuff) and I said no. So he came home with two boxes of cookies anyway. Saturday at Walmart he said, "I know you want some ice cream." WTH???? So I told him I was upset that he would even ask me such a thing. Then yesterday he bought Club crackers and made pepperoni and cheese snacks on the crackers and practically shoved one in my mouth!!! I told him I wasn't hungry. I'm really getting mad!!! Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?
(Phew, that was good to get out!)

I'm off to Curves today if they're open. Still in snow-panic mode around here and school is closed today.

Jeniqua - I hope you go to the dentist today and get some relief.

Melissa - yeah, I hear Chinese food will do that to you. Just remember it's just water weight. I liked the pics of the snow up your way. Cute pics of the kids, too!

Well, I'm making the boys some scrambled eggs, gotta run! Talk to everyone later.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #4  
soontobethin

Good morning everyone. Well, let's just say yesterday was my "free" day. It wasn't bad, but it just seemed that way. Back on track today. I have to finish getting ready. My MIL will be coming through town shortly, and she wants me to meet her and get the rest of the boys christmas presents. I hope everyone has a good day.
Happy Belated Birthday Tabitha.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Gretchen, sometimes people will try to sabotage you because of a few reasons one being jealousy, another being fear. Your husband may be afraid for you to lose weight because he is afraid that you'll leave him when you get to goal. It's not uncommon. Just take some time to reassure him

I'm planning 45 minutes of gazelle today but I have a lot of other stuff to do so we'll see if I make it that long. I need to drink a lot of water because TOM has me retaining

Mel have fun at the gym. 2 hours of exercise! That's nuts! LOL

Okay I'm gonna go get the kids fed. I'll be back in a bit!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #6  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! LONG SICK WEEKEND HERE! LOL! Adam, Sydney and I are all fighting sinus infections, and colds. ugh...So we spent the days at home for the most part. I am the worst one right now. Syd and Adam are in the getting over stages of there colds..I am just starting mine. I didn't sleep very well last night so what did I do? Got up and ate sydneys cheese popcorn. About the third handful I realized that I was stuffing my face..so then I threw the rest away and went up to bed again, feeling worse for eating that on top of my cold. GGRR! I am not eating breakfast this morning, because I am still "full" and yucky feeling from the popcorn at 2:30 am. So just a diet dr pepper to get my butt moving. I am going to eat only veggies and salad for lunch today. and Dinner, well, I might just go to sleep and let dha nd dd figure that out for themselves. These sinus infections take a lot out of me! I could sleep all day! That is what stage g-ma is in now too. It won't be but a month I am guessing until she goes to the hospice house or passes away before that. She is so peaceful, I am so thankful for that. She is now having trouble with her swallowing, please say a prayer that she will go peacefully, and won't have to bother with a feeding tube, etc before she dies. That would just be such a sad thing. I don't want to loose her, but I would rather have her go peacefully in her sleep than have a trach tube and all taht other junk, making her suffer more...sorry, I needed to vent that, everyone in the family has already heard this from others, but I have to talk about how it makes me feel to someone! So I am forcing my 3fc friends !!! LOL! Hope everyone has a wonderful day ! I am only here until noon today and then I have to go to Payless and work until 6pm. We have a mandatory meeting and then I said I would stay and finish up until the night person comes in! Then its off to fold ten loads of laundry that I washed and dried yesterday but had no energy to fold!

Congrats to Jilly! and all you losers! I am so glad that I can maintain, but to lose would be wonderful! WAY TO GO!!!!!

Im loving the new found weight loss focus of this group again! welcome to the newbies....Tabitha...Gretchen - think I have talked with you already!

One last thing! I want some advise about what plan I should start as soon as this whole deal with g-ma is over. I am going to focus on ME ME ME......and really work as hard as I can to get where I want to be..I have been helping my family alot lately and I love them , and love helping, but I want to fix some things in my life next, mainly my weight.....(so you are wondering "lady quick rambling and tell us the question"...) What plan should I try...I was thinking either Dr. Phil or South Beach Diet. I would like any opinions on those 2 plans that anyone has! I want to find something and stick to it! Thanks guys, for listening and any advise!

love ya'll!!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey real quick from me. I'm up early so I can go to the gym!! YAY!! I'm back. Anyway I'm excited to go and I think I am going to tan a little while I am there too. It just makes me feel good. Laying there warm and all the light. I've heard it helps with the winter blues which I don't think I have but I love the mood I'm in when I'm done. Plus I'm so pale it looks like I am sick all the time lol. Ok that's it from me. Need to get the baby up, fed and dressed so we can go. TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning ladies!

Well I hopped on the scale this morning and I had gained 1 pound back. Guess the spaghetti I had for supper last night was a bit too much. Not to mention the salty cravings I have had this week. Oh well, water, water, water today! I know I will be down next week.

Kristin: Sorry to hear that everyone is sick at your house. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I will be thinking about Grandma and know that I understand about not wanting them to suffer more than neccessary. As far as plans go, I can't help with either of the 2 you are thinking about. I simply count calories, drink water and excercise. I limit my calories to 1500 a day, most days I am under by a bit. Then again some days I'm over a bit too, but it's flexible that way.

Mel: You excercise machine you! Go girl! WATER, WATER, WATER!

Michelle: I take it the legs are better today if you're planning 45 minutes on the Gazelle!

Gretchen: Perhaps a talk with dh would help. Let him know that you are trying to lose so you can be a healthier person and be able to do more with him and the kiddos. Assure him you're not goign anywhere, you just want to be in beter health. Maybe letting him know your feelings will keep him from trying to sabotage your efforts. Have fun at Curves, doesn't look like I'll make it today but tomorrow for sure!

Ricci: Enjoy the nice weather we're getting, it won't last long! Have a good visit with mil.

Well, I'm going to change my ticker and by then the dryer will be done.....again! Geeeesh it never ends! Dd has preschool today then I have errands to run. BTW I scheduled dd's Kindergarten screening today. It's not until March 8th and we have to work on our address but most everything else she knows already. Scary thing, I looked at my calendar last night and there is not a day that I don't have something additional going on until Friday!?!?!

Better get my butt moving!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:59 PM   #9  

Kristin, I'm so sorry to hear about your g ma. I will pray that she finds peace. (((Huggs to you)))

Michelle, Yippie on your exercise. You are doing so awesome. I bet next weeks weigh in will be awesome.

Tabitha, don't worry about it. SOmetimes, dh's don't realize that it's hard to resist temptation. Just tell him that you are working real hard and don't want any temptations.

Deana, Don't worry about that 1 lb like you said to me. Water Water water. Have a good one.

Jill, I'm so happy for you that you got to the gym today. I bet you feel good.!!

Anyway, I only did 1 1/2 hour of exercise. My body just wouldn't do any more. I mean, it was giving out after the first 5 minutes on certain things. My trainer and I were almost laughing about it. I pushed through it though. My knee held out for the lunges which the trainer helped me with. SHe had me do the backwards. It was harder, but not such a strain on that knee. Anyway, I'm beat and still have to go pull the kids in the snow tube around the yard. If I do that for a half hour that'l be my additional 1/2 hour of exercise. snow is almost to my knee and Abigail is 44lbs and Bugga is 32 lbs. So that's a lot to pull and push. Ok, better get them bundled. BBL
Old 01-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hello ladies!
Well, sorry I wasn't there yesterday. By the time we get home from church and eat, clean up and all that it's afternoon. Then I lounge a while! I didn't sleep, and by golly, I haven't had the need for a nap since I've taken off some weight. Isn't that great! Sundays seem so be the only day I can really recharge a little bit. We watched an interesting movie yesterday called "The village" It had Ron Howard's daughter Bryce in it and Joachim Phoenix (?). At first take it seems like it's going to be a horror/monster movie, but it's really a psychological thriller. I liked it. It was made by the same director as "The Sixth Sense" and "Signs". I had no cussin' or naked people in it. But it was good anyway j/k!! Anyway after that week of illness I really needed something refocus my mind. All you flyladies...I didn't just shine my sink, I was constantly shining the potty! Anyway, All those great pics up, Mel, Gretchen nice to see you, Tabby nice to see you too! All of you are doing so good on your challanges too! Well, I have some chores to get done, feed Marty and then I'll be back to bet personal. I HOPE! By that time it will be naptime. TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies... Just flying by....

Done at the gym, met Stephanie at Mc Donalds for Jacks bday HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!

And now I am home cleaning for one hour before I pick up Hunter...

I'll check in later Have a great one!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:08 PM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

wow, not too busy yet today huh? I can't believe the winter storms over there on the east coast, you ladies have my prayers! I haven't heard any of you say you were in any danger but I know there is a lot of snow there. Stay warm!! I went to the gym today and did 30 minutes of cardio and burned 315 calories and then did my lunges to complete the challenge today. I also tanned for 15 minutes so that felt good. Bayley was happy to be back in the daycare, she just loves it there and I know it's good for her to interact with other kids since she is an only child as of now. That will change in the future but not for awhile. Gosh I can't wait to have another one!! Actually something funny I did on my shopping trip this weekend was go into the motherhood maternity outlet store with my cousin (she is 6 months preggo) and I bought a really cute dress!! lol It was a 40.00 dress on sale for 9.99 and it will be perfect for teaching in when I am pregnant so I just had to get it. I think my family thought I was nuts but I am such a bargain hunter I just couldn't pass it up! Anyway I thought that was funny!

Roxy glad you had a relaxing day yesterday. It's nice to actually get one once in awhile. We had a good day here too, we got stuff done but nothing was rushed so it was great. Glad you enjoyed that movie, we haven't seen it but I've heard mixed reviews. I don't listen to them too much though because seems like when they say a movie is bad I love it! What does that say about me? lol

Mel too funny about not being able to do anything at the gym. I think our bodies do that to us every once in awhile (or our minds lol) Sounds like you still got a good workout in. As for me, it's nice to be back to the gym so I was at full force today, don't worry it won't last lol just kidding, I'm going to try and keep it up. 2 feet of snow!! Geez!! Have fun pulling the kids!!

Hi Deana!! Sorry about the pound but water, water, water is right! You'll get it off, besides, I thought your WI were on Tuesday? Hmmmmmm maybe you changed it. Hope you can slow down a little but I doubt it Have a good day!

Hi Kris sorry about G-ma, that's rough but I can understand what you mean about the feeding tube and such. I mean when it's just to prolong life when there is no hope of her getting better I think as hard as it is, it's just better to let them go. I mean the longer they hang around the more opportunity for suffering, you know? I'm here for you if you need anything. Oh and guess what I found in Bayleys room? Ummmmmmmmmmmm Syds costume. I am so bad! I'm sorry. I am going to try to get it out soon. Just know it's in a safe place with all the pieces, just a matter of me finding the time to get to the PO! Good Job maintaining, I know if you can start focusing on you a little more it will start coming off. It sounds like maybe all you need is a plan to go with. I know that's all I needed and now it's coming off again. I would reccommend SBD because I have done well on it and I'm not one to be restricted but this diet has great recipes and such on the 3fc portion of the site. Not sure about Dr. Phil, don't know much about it but we can be SBD buddies if you want. Try to have hubby do it with you, I think that is what is helping me right now. However he lost 10 pounds in 10 days!! I could kill him lol well not really, I'm proud of him but jelous at the same time. Hope you have a great day!!

Hi Michelle!!! Glad you are still liking the Gazelle!! Hope you get everything done that you need to today. Maybe we'll chat later!

Hi Ricci, I had a semi free day yesterday too! Hope you are back on track today, I am!!

Gretchen I'll come kick dh's butt for you if you want! lol just kidding but seriously sit him down and let him know whats up. Sometimes they just don't know what they are doing OR they feel guilty that you are doing good and they are still eating junk and they want you to do it too so they don't feel so bad. I know that happens with my dh's family sometimes. I really try to watch it over there because they can be pretty unhealthy and they always try to get me to eat crap!! I hate it. Anyway I had to just tell them in a nice but stern way that I didn't need the extra temptation and if they would stop asking if I wanted that junk, it would be great! lol so anyway I hope that helps. Good for you for being strong!

ok I really need a shower and then I need to get over to the school to volunteer. I really have a good time over there and am excited to go. It reassures me that all this school crap is worth it. I can't wait for it to be over!!! I have a ticker now showing me how long I have till graduation day! It's a little less though since that's the actual day I walk but I will be done the beginning of June I think as far as classes. Ok I've rambled enough! TTYL

P.S. Jeniqua I hope you got to the Doc and are ok. I'm worried about you. I've been praying, I hope it's working Let us know if your there, ok?
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:56 PM   #13  

sorry, here are more pics I thought you might like from our outing in the snow today.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #14  

Exclamation Happy Bithday Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday JACK!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 03:57 PM   #15  
I will suceed!!!

Default A long morning...

Well, the day got off to a good start. Took my daughter to school, pre-k. Her first day back since Christmas Vacation. That was nice! And going back to school should help her settle down at night too!

I'm sorry, I can't remember your name, but to the woman who had to vent about her husband and tempting foods, it's quite possible that he may be afraid that when you get to your goal you may leave him. I do agree with Michelle when she said to take some time out to reassure him. Also, I would sit down with him and talk about your reasons for wanting to lose weight. A dear friend of mine wouldn't believe me until I told him that it was my hips, knees, and asthma and no other reasons for me wanting to lose weight. He was just concerned that I was trying to lose weight for the wrong reasons. My H, on the other hand, while trying to be supportive, also says some of the most hurtful things. One night, while in the middle of, ahem, "relations" he looked at me and actually said, "You know, this would be alot easier if you were thinner." While I agree with the validity of the statement, his timing sucked, and the tone was very hurtful. It was a while before we were intimate again. I don't know what your situation is, but just sit him down and talk to him, calmly, and tell him how it makes you feel when he shoves foods that are bad for you in your face. It can't hurt.

So, I have a question, ladies. Do any of you have experience in potty training a boy? My son is two weeks from his 2nd birthday, and has been showing interest in the potty for a while. I bought a baby seat with a shield for the toilet today, and he's already used it once. I am so proud! Anyway, just curious. I don't imagine that it's much different from potty training a girl.... but any advice that might make this easier would be appreciated. Thanks so much, have a great day all!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote