Old 01-23-2005, 11:51 PM   #1  
Somethin's gotta give

Default A.w.o.l

Yep, I've been awol for awhile....after the trip back from Georgia, and then my studio being turned into a block of ice...I had a slight ( read: HUGE!) breakdown and for 2 weeks ate EVERYTHING I wanted ( incl. KK doughnuts)....so I had a talk with my Dad and he said "find something you can live with FOREVER"....so I pulled out a diet book I had buried in my closet since 1978...I lost 30 pounds on it in 1983 and decided to give it a try....here I am at the 2 week mark...( 2 weeks on...2 weeks off) and I've lost 11 pounds...I think I can do this one...but can I still stick around here?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:30 AM   #2  
thin within

marie, i hope you stay in this neck of the woods. i really debated coming back to this board, as i have made some modifications to my eating as well. if you read my post on sunday's thread or the 5 a day thread, you will see that i have added 24 oz of skim milk a day, which doesn't really go with atkins. when i started trying to lose what i had gained between may and the first of this year, i really had to try to find something that i felt like i could stick with long-term. i really missed skim milk a lot. i didn't even admit to the milk until this weekend, because i know that the extra carbs probably change my plan to not really atkins. but this group of folks are so friendly and supportive, like a family, that i really wanted to come back. so, i thought i might as well fess up and put it out there. i don't believe that anyone here would say that we couldn't hang out here. these are some of the best folks ever. i had wondered where you were. good to see you again!
fullfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:03 AM   #3  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Marie:

Welcome! I hope you decide to stick around, because the support here is fabulous. I am also on a "do over," and count on this group of friends to pull me through some of the rough patches. Keep dropping in for your daily shot of encouragement!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 08:31 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Lordy, Lordy, I can't believe what I'm reading!!! Why do people that have been through Atkins, decide to go w/another plan think because they're not on Atkins they're not welcome here??? Are we not one big happy, trying-to-be-healthy family? I don't care WHAT type of plan you're on, if you need support, you're more than welcome here. And.....Leenie also put this at the stickies on top of the Atkins page:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48590

So Marie and anyone else that doubts they belong here.....stick around....we enjoy the company!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #5  
Head Princess

Marie! I'm so happy to see you post again! I was actually thinking about you this weekend and wondering how my little newlywed (with the hot husband ) is doing. I don't care what you eat - stick around!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

We love you here! Stick around!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Don't care what you eat as long as you are happy and with us!!!
I think we all do some modifying to make any WOE work for us.

LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

KitKats and Oreos aren't on the plan, are they? But I'm still here!
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #9  

MARIE!!!!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad to hear from you again.

And everyone is right.....we don't care what you eat! Stay with us for support in whatever you do.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:08 PM   #10  
Somethin's gotta give

Awww....thanks! you guys are the best! well, Im going to stay on this plan for awhile -it seems to be working and has fruit and bread and no calorie counting on it so its easy to stick too.....the hot husband retains his hotness to this day although it would really enhance his image in my eyes if he could learn to put a dish in the dishwasher!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote