Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 08:37 AM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Smile Cows under a full moooooon

I have nothing to say except this:

* Spring break in Dogpatch with no car and nothing in walking distance OR
* Spring break in Barcelona with Herbie and the grandsons

Lusho, if I thought you read your email, I'd send you the list of PSAT scores cutoff by state so you'd see why you should move. There is too much competition in NJ. Why is that? Superior schools? Superior parents? Cheating?

Bagz, I met a Nova Scotia woman online yesterday. She was so cute. Asked me where I was from. Florida. Then she said "I'm from Canada."

Oh, I'm from US, I replied. Then she wanted to know if I knew where Cape Breton is. Figured out where she was and asked if she ate chicken bones.

Yes! Do you eat oranges! She said.

Youse guys are funny.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 01-22-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Talking Ask her if she's ever had a Coffee Crisp

That will blow her away.

I think ds should go to Spain, even if it is with Herbie. He'll have a great time and absorb culture and come back all sophisticated-like. Spain is nice. People talk to you even if you don't speak the same language. Pretty girls. Not sure about pork.

I feel blah. Who wants to trade lives?
Old 01-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i will trade lives with you Sugar ----i want to go shopping in Germany---you have to wait until next christmas cause it's the christmas stuff i want for my shop.and i want to go to the christmas markets and eat cordon bleu and spatzle{ i LOVED spatzle---do you make it????}is that how you spell it---------------' OH I'VE NEVER BEEN TO SPAIN,BUT I KIND OF LIKE THE MUSIC,WELL THEY TELL ME I WAS BORN THERE,BUT I REALLY DON'T REMEMBER"-----------are you worried about him going at all peach??? that would be me----worrying about attacks in the subway{or was it a train???} for those who don't worry----it sounds like a very generous and lovely idea---he must want to go,don't you think?????----------we are getting ANOTHER snowstorm tomorrow---that is three blizzards in ONE week----------regarding the chicken bones,did you know that my denver girls take smarties,coffee crisps,and other assorted canadian goodies to share with their friends!!! I SENT YOU SOME BONES PEACH----LET ME KNOW IF THEY GET THERE----they tole me at the post office that i am not allowed to send ANY food into the states anymore---including GUM!! so i lied about what was in the package----i said it was handguns and dope.ahahahah
Old 01-22-2005, 09:04 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

oo, what are coffee crisps? They sound like something I would like.

No car? Why no car? I could not survive on my own without a car. Because I live too far from anything. And I'm lazy. When is Spring Break? Here the kids have 2 vacation weeks, one in February and one in April. We are going to look into some college tours during one or both of them.

Today was DD's winter recital. They held it in a very small crowded room. But it went well. DD was lovely. She played the guitar and sang an Opeth song called "Benighted". No, I've never heard of them either.

DH had a peanut butter and jam sandwich for dinner. I am such a great wife...

Kiwi
Old 01-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #5  

Kiwi-- why would one need EGGS for frosting?
I am truly sorry for all of you who are up to your ya ya's in snow. It was windy here, but sunny and only in the high 40's. DH and I were driving around and found a park with about 200 (!!!) Robins picking bugs out of the grass. I neever knew Robins flocked. I find it hard to believe it really means SPRING, though.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Coconut and pecan frosting for german chocolate cake is a made sort of like custard.

Robins. Huh.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 AM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

i feel sick and i have to go to the inlaws . barf. migraine coming on. not bad enough to go back to bed tho. drat.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

Go to the inlaws, pretend you're Chinese and be nice to them. Or go to bed. That's what I'd do.

I too feel bad that you're all snowed in. I heard a person from maine on NPR saying "You can't go outside." How then is Kiwi to go to the inlaws? Bagz likes it. She find it to be a photo op. Miss Lush won't talk.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Cool This'll cure Kiwi's migraine!

Coffee Crisp is a unique Candian phenomenon that certainly doesn't belong in a weight loss forum. Go here and check this out. Yum!!

It's only available in 16 states in the US and there are petitions going around for them to market it everywhere. People like it that much. It's my dad's absolute favourite chocolate bar of all time.

We're supposed to be snowed in but we're not. Maybe tomorrow. I threw stuff away today. Cannot stand the tip any longer. My kitchen is being taken over by paper and clutter.

Bagzie! Believe me, when you go shopping here you get the same cr*p as everywhere else. I hear the Christmas market in Nurnberg is really nice, though. Those southern types eat spätzle but I know how to make them. Up here in the north it's 'taters all the time. Boiled, fried, mashed, whatever.

Last edited by SugP; 01-23-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:46 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

so your german keyboard lets you but the ummmlout over the a----how Cool----we stayed at Hugelsheim {canadian base,now defunct} near BadenBaden and we visited Friebourg and went to the Black Forest----i LOVED Heidelburg {bad spelling i am too lazy to check} we went wine tasting in the Alsace Lorraine Region----wish i could scan some old pics====i LOVED Lucerne Switzerland and also Gruyere {stinky town}---------WHO WANTS A COFFEE CRISP???? I WILL MAIL THEM AGAINST ALL ODDS==========peachers sent illegal hot chocolate across the border and wabby sent tea------------i am daring-----------i don't like coffee crisp because it has a wafer texture and i don't like wafers=====if you know kitkat bars,then you know what i mean by wafer=-=====isn't it interesting that we are talking what kind of chocolate bars we like at the fatty forum-----------by the way=-====we call "hot cocoa" ===hot chocolate and candy bars====chocolate bars and of course we call soda "pop" and we say Grade Seven ,not seventh grade.that is all boring but as you may note on the weather channel WE ARE HAVING OUR THIRD EFFIN BLIZZARD IN SEVEN DAYS AND I MAY HAVE TO KILL SOMEONE OR SOMETHING-----they didn't bother closing the stores today,because we just go out in the mess anyway----------i think i will take some pics of this mess and send them to you right now.bye.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:18 PM   #11  
fatter than U

Unhappy Wahhhhhhhh!

Just read that Johnny Carson passed away this morning. I always thought he was so cute.

Yes, I have an ä and a ü and an ö and even an â. AND this €€€€€. Does that show up? Pretty snazzy, huh? Except that on this keyboard the y and the z have changed places and when I have to write on an English keyboard now it drives me nutz 'til I get used to it again.

We have SNOW! Finally. And it's still 4°C. How wimpy. The kids will be thrilled tomorrow.

Last edited by SugP; 01-23-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:47 PM   #12  

Default Coffee Crisp Alors

Knowing how anti anything REASONABLE this red state is, we'll probably be the LAST to get coffee crisp. Zut alors! We do have Krispy Kreme...which is a comfort even if the spelling is krappy.

Who would like postcard books of COWS? Saw some at half-price last night.

Just got of the phone with DD. She is being SO good. Shoveled hip deep snow away from car so that housemate can get to work easier tomorrow. Cooked egg for breakfast and put it in a pita for pseudo breakfast burrito. Tomato juice. Lots of water. Being more in touch with how belly and body feels. Confessed that if she kept eating as much candy as she had been doing she might have exploded. [Does anybody else see a connection between eating sweets and wishing they thought their LIFE was sweet?! ] Is still re-evaluating her same-sex relationship, and re-evaluating the value of "following the rules" or taking risks. Oddly, she's broken some and followed others-- and not not had the results she wants. Self-sabotage certainly runs on MY side of the family.
It's 43 at present. Hope those robins are toasty someplace. An angry mocking bird was chasing all the sparrows away from the feeder... which is strange because mockingbirds don't like what's IN that feeder. Maybe it's the same as me walking a picket line in front of Cici's Pizza. (Yeah, like I would.)

I've included a photo of the overly complicated two-sided potholder I'm knitting. The reverse side is pink/white instead of white/pink. Knitting it is like rubbing your head and patting your stomach. It takes CONCENTRATION. (but keeps my hands out of the nibbly food.)
Happy sunday. Hope the DH's are enjoying football.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:08 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I too feel bad that you're all snowed in. I heard a person from maine on NPR saying "You can't go outside." How then is Kiwi to go to the inlaws?
What nitwit said that??? Must be one of those spleeny Southern Maine people. I went outside. Started the car and drove to the next town. How hard is that? So what if it's -4°F out? Anyway, we're not snowed in at all -- Boston must have gotten all our snow. We got a dusting.

Coffee Crisp sounds great! I've never seen it before, even though it's made by Nestlé. Of course in the US, that would be Nestleee, because we are too dumb to use accents. Speaking of accents, I have made spätzle many times. I love it. I think I would have spelled it spætzle. See, I also can type fun accents and stuff. I could tell you how, but then I'd have to disappear you.

They make Coffee Crisp Ice Cream -- That tears it, I'm moving to Canadia (as DD used to call it when she was little)

That is tough, having your DD so far away and knowing she's going through emotional turbulence and stuff. I know mine will have all her emotional turbulence after she leaves home too, I just hope she'll be able to share her thoughts with us.

I have something momentous to announce, so I will put it a separate message. You will all be so impressed, you will probably want to send me flowers and stuff to congratulate me.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 01-23-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I Am So Sad About Johnny Carson

I will really miss him, he was so cool.

Here's what I did the day before yesterday. You simply will find it hard to believe, I know, but it's true:

I cleaned out my bedroom closet. I threw out 2 pairs of old crappy slippers, a pair of really old sneakers and a box of ripped up paper that a cat had at one time (when? how should I know? ) been using as a bed. I vacuumed, emptied the vacuum canister and vacuumed again. I dusted all my shoes and shoeboxes and labelled them so I could actually tell that, Yes, I do have a pair of huarachi sandals and here they are! And then I covered the heat pipe with insulation -- that was the real reason I got in there in the first place. We have way too much heat going into our bedroom and way too little going into DD's room, so hopefully that will help.

Anyway, considering I haven't cleaned that closet in so long I didn't even really remember that there was a shoe shelf , this is quite momentous. Maybe tomorrow, I could try some other foreign land to invade.

Kiwi
Old 01-23-2005, 06:40 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

DH just shouted something from the living room. I couldn't tell if it was a good yell or a bad yell.
Closed Thread