Old 01-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Housewives Losing Weight! #23!!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months)

(bobsgal) Stephanie 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Morning Gals!

Well we got the "cool" front last night... I usually say cold front but our temp is not cold to most of you!

Hope everyone has a great day today! Gotta get ready for church

Hi out there to Chris, Michelle, Cindi, Melissa, Jill, Cheri, Steph, Stephanie, Geri, Deana, Gretchen, Redskirt, Roxy, Ricci, Kristen, Spryng, Jeniqua, and all you lovely ladies out there
Old 01-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #3  

Morning ladies! Can't talk now. I've been on here too long already. Have a good day all and I'll check in later. Morning Penny!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning Penny and everyone else!
We got a little less snow than was expected (thank God!) but now it's blowing and VERY cold, at least for here. It's about 10 degrees. Church was actually cancelled today, bummer! Sean is still sleeping and Jeremy is up in the kitchen making himself some scrambled eggs. Poor kid looks like he's been through a war - he's got sledding injuries including a scraped back and a swollen eye.

Can someone tell me when the next challenge begins? Thanks!

I hope everyone's kids are well, and Jeniqua, I'm praying for you and your mouth pain. I hope you get some relief real soon. I know what that is like.

I took a walk last night in the snow, which was rather strenuous since I was trudging through the snow. Not doing anything else until tomorrow when I go to Curves. I really hope they don't wimp out and close the place. That would be terrible since I'm just now getting into a routine.

I'll post more later! Take care!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:04 AM   #5  
I will suceed!!!

Smile Good Morning!!!!!

Good morning ladies! Well, today is my 28th birthday, the funny thing is that for the longest time, I thought I was going to be 29 today. (Not sure how that happened!) Anyway, got up with the alarm clock today. WooHoo!

I had a question about the challenge. I wanted to go ahead and do the daily challenges even though I can't actively participate or win a prize. And I wanted to know about the crunches. Does doing my crunches with an exercise ball count? I don't know if I could get to 100 crunches or not. It's been a while. But I will also do other exercises as well. I am looking forward to joining in with the next week. I've been reading over the rules and stuff and honestly see it as a great source of motivation, encouragement, and accountability. Because, while I know I need to exercise, I have a hard time motivating myself to do it. And I have started letting myself think that since I have to walk to the store and anywhere else I need to go, then that's enough exercise. When in truth, it's not. Usually, my walks include my children and H, and it's not that far to the grocery store. (About a 10 or 15 minute walk.) I fool myself into believing that this is enough, when I really believe that it's not. But no more whining! Time to wake up. I am starting a "new" year today, and recommiting to my exercise.

I am still not sure on names, ladies, but I want to wish everyone a Happy Sunday.

Jeniqua, I read about the problems with you tooth/teeth? And I pray that you find relief soon. I can identify with mouth pain....

I'll be back later this afternoon. Have a good one...
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

HI EVERYONE!

On the way to church but wanted to wish RED (btw, whats your name? lol)

I wanted to wish Red a Happy HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Old 01-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Tabitha, right?
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:07 AM   #8  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies!! I didn't get to make it here at all yesterday. My tooth is still bothering me . It hurts even more than before. I think it's because the antibiotics are working because the swelling has gone down a little bit. I was thinking, today is weigh in and all you ladies are going to see my face swollen . I'm going to try to hide it with my hair..LOL. So please ladies don't laugh at me if you see my swollen face .Today it's been a week since I've been able to eat . I tried eating on friday night but it was pure agony. However, even though this is not the way I want to lose weight... I weighed myself for weigh in and.....drum roll please..... I now weigh 158.5 !!! I know when I am able to eat again I will not gain this weight back. It actually is making me want to work that much harder at keeping it off. Today I am going back to the gym !! My tooth is killing me but I desperately miss the gym and running. I will just bundle up really good. Hopefully by 5:30 I won't have any pain anymore.

Penny~ Have fun at church! My church service was cancelled because we got a terrible snow storm here. It's now 4 degrees. I'm not quite sure how much snow we got but they were expecting us to get 24 inches. Have a Blessed day !!

Mel~ Good morning gir l!!! Have a great OP and weigh in day!! Try to take some time to relax too if you can, after all it's Sunday.

Greatchen~ My church service was cancelled too. Stay inside where it's warm. It's only 4 degrees here . I love walking through the snow. The kids want to go out and play in it. If it wasn't for my tooth I'd take them out to play in it . Thanks soo much for the prayers for me, it's greatly appreciated .

Tabitha~ Man oh Man are toothaches a pain in the butt . You should definitely join the next challenge ! It really helps me to stay focused and motivated . Everyone is soo encouraging! I am hoping to get a new digital camera before then so I can be in that one too. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!! We're all here rooting for you .

BTW.....

HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY TABITHA!!!!

we're the same age!

To all you other ladies out there Chris,Jill, Kristin, Ricci, Cindi, Geri, Michelle and anyone else I might of forgotten, have a blessed day

I'm off to make lunch for the kids...

Oh, BTW, how do you get your picture up so everyone can see it???

Talk to you all in a bit..
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #9  
I will suceed!!!

Mompen, my name is Tabitha, Tab or Tabby....or Red works too(auborn hair, darkens in the winter)

Thanks everyone....
Old 01-23-2005, 12:10 PM   #10  
Seen any cute shoes???

Hey Ladies--

Hope yall are having a good day. I hope you ladies that got all the snow are snuggled up warm and toasty inside. We are cooler today, but like Penny said, it's not really cold like yall are having. Hubby got in from work at 12 last night and had to be back at work at 5 am this morning (meaning he got up at 4) he changes shifts every month and so he was going from swings to days...I'm sure he'll be tired when he gets home. The boys all peed on their beds last night. LOL Talk about timing. Heh. So I'm doing linens and fabreezing their mattresses (well one had a protector, but the other two peed through their pull ups/diaper). I got up and cleaned the kitchen...I hardly ever go to bed without doing that but last night I was completely worn out so I did it first thing this morning. Now it's almost time for lunch and quiet times...yay. I hope to get some reading done during the boys quiet time.

Ok Crystal...any news?

Hello to everyone else I hope yall have a great day.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #11  

Default Happy Birthday Tabitha!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TABITHA

Jenny, WTG on those lbs down. Hey if you eat right, you won't gain it back ya know. It'l be gone forever!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. How is that darn tooth this morning anyway?

Gretchen, wow, they cancelled church...that's interesting. I don't think they've ever done that here.. Anyway, how much snow did you get? We are a winter wonderland here, but not two feet like they said. Maybe 14 inches or something. I'll have to post a picture for all to see before dh shovels...I guess he'll get his exercise in..lol
Old 01-23-2005, 01:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Happy Birthday TABITHA!!

Good Morning girls!!

My legs are soooo killing me from the gazelle either it works really well or it works really bad lol. Today was weigh in day and I was at 207.5 so thats 1.5 lbs down this week!! Woo hooo!! Oh I forgot to tell you all that I can now wear a 16 in some kinds of jeans, I usually buy from walmart so whatever their brand is lol. I'm hoping to get some exersise done today but I don't know my legs are killing me so we'll see if they loosen up.

One more night of work then I have 2 days off!! Woo hooo I can't wait!! I have big plans for those days, I need to have a conference with Leukemia and Lymphoma society for light the night, and I'm also going to paint the hallway, and I have a weigh in with my doctor on Tuesday but TOM is coming so I'm a little bloated. I also need to get my paper on the roll so I have it completed in 3 weeks. If anyone would be willing to take a survey on stem cell research please let me know.

Jenny way to go on the lbs down!! That is absolutely awesome!!

Penny I hope Maddie starts feeling better soon. Poor girl. Zach has been having more pain lately too.

Okay girls I've got to go I have an assignment to do. I'll be back later!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:44 PM   #13  

Thought I'd share these with you. Pic's of the kids and Abigail in the snow and just, well, the snow!

Old 01-23-2005, 01:56 PM   #14  

Hey Chelly, sorry you are so sore, but WTG on the 1.5 down. YES!!!! You are on your way now girlie, cool on the size 16's.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #15  
I will suceed!!!

Congratulations on the size 16! Awesome!