Old 01-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #1  
soontobethin

Default Housewives desperate to lose weight # 22

Housewives Desperate To Lose WEIGHT! #22!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months)

(bobsgal) Stephanie 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:26 AM   #2  
soontobethin

Good morning all. To all of you in the upper midwest and east coast, I envy you the snow. We haven't had hardly any this year. I want one really good snow storm so I can go out and play in it. It's really cold and windy here today. I am suppossed to go watch my SIL foil someone's head, and then help my aunt deliver my sisters b-day cake. Neither one of my boys are going anywhere today. Not with the wind chill like it is.
I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I will check in later.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #3  

morning all! Hey Ricci, what a surprise to see you start a thread. Anyway, we are to get 18 inches of snow today starting at noon. We'll see what happens. It's only 1 degree outside before the windchill. OOOOOOOOOO it's freezing!!!!!!!! I'm not gonna stay on here long, b-cause I promised dd that I would play in her tent with her. She's too cute. I will get my exercise in later today. Tomorrow is weigh in so I must do it!!!!!! Can't get off track now. Have a good day all!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #4  
Seen any cute shoes???

happy saturday...

Hope yall have a great day. It's going to be 82* here today. LOL BUT we do have a ''cold front'' coming in tomorrow and our high is only in the mid 50's. I know that's still not cold but for us it is, kind of .

Crystal...I hope that baby is on it's way.

Mel...have fun playing in the tent. My boys had one of those playhut pop up tents and they played till that thing was completely worn out. Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow you are doing fabulous.

Ricci--burrrrrr I wouldn't be getting out in that crazy cold weather either. I hope you have a great day.
CheriBrorsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Morning Ladies!

Well I'm like Cheri..... We are pretty warm here again today but that front is coming.

I think I have seen snow ....ummm.... twice in my entire life... I just don't think I could take the cold but I know alot of people that can't take the heat down here...

Anyhow,
Cheri,
How are you feeling?

Mel,
Hope you get in some exercise today!

Ricci,
It is good to see you start a post! Sounds like you have a busy day!

Don't forgot about the 30 minute challenge today and Have a great one!

Ps The momslosingweight group doesn't cost anything
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

What a morning all ready! The kids went to bed late and they are all hyper so early. I just want to go back to bed.

Morning Penny-I couldn't imagine only seeing snow 2 times in your life. Around here we have a mountain pass that is really close to where I live and when they plow it in the spring so people can start using it...the snow is usually about 5 or more feet above your car. It's fun to drive up this road with walls of snow on both sides of you. That's in the mountains though. We usually get a normal amount of snow.

Cheri-I'm coming to live with you for awhile... We aren't too cold here right now but its bound to change.

Mel-OUCH! That's alot of snow. Have fun in your little tent. MY little Kayla had one too. They would put sleeping bags in it and sleep on the floor instead of their beds at night. But, alas, those things don't last forever. I was the one to accidently kill it. I drop a sharp curtain rod on it and sliced it right open.

Morning Ricci-Well...I guess we'll have to find you some snow now, won't we? I love the snow...I'm not into the cold temps though.

Okay...lots of mini-melt-downs. Nicole is having a "day".... She'll get a break from her sisters in a little while. Kayla has a birthday party to go to and Tiana wants to go bowling with my brother. Then we can shuffle her off to her dad's house. He was supposed to take Tiana for the weekend but he found out he had to work today sooo.... Okay. I better git!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:18 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! GOOD MORNING LOSERS !!!

She was looking kinda *thin* with her finger and her thumb, in the shape of an L on her forehead........

If that means loser, then I am sooooo there!!! Hey that just came to me, forgive me please ?!?

Sorry, I'm in a really good mood this morning and don't know why. It's cleaning weekend....YEAH!!! I'm making the kids clean too. I bought ds#1 a new jacket yesterday at Wallyworld and he has to work it off . The younger ones are cleaning the sty they call a bedrooom or I may have a new tv/dvd combo and a vcr in my room tonight . I went to put dd to bed last night and could barely see the floor, so today that will be taken care of.

Tabitha: Hope you found the MomsLosingWeight site. If not let us know, we'll get you there.

Penny: Must be nice to be warm. Kids want to go out today and I said NO WAY! High of 16 with 30mph winds, gusts to 45, windchills hovering around -7. Talked to the lady I was suppose dto go to lunch with today and we decided it would be best to wait til the weather wants to cooperate. Enjoy it for us too!

Ricci: You are up and about early this morning . I'm with you on the weather. Try to keep bundled up while you run, run, run today. Hope RJ's ear is better soon!

Cheri: How's the pregnancy going? When are you due again? Sorry, I'm getting Alzheimer's and CRS syndrome .

Mel: Hope your knees feel better today! You can have the snow! But have fun in it . Hopefully it will be the right kind for sledding in the back yard. If not, camp out in the living room .

Michelle: Glad to hear you love your Gazelle! Work out the shakes honey! The painting is well......I took a couple days off from it with scouts and such going on but as soon as this house is clean I will back at it. Dh is going to get a mitre box to make frames for my mirrors and I need to get the vases wrapped in bags and put away so I have more room to work on new ones. With any luck they will get my camera fixed, under warranty, and I'll get it back soon to take more pics of them. The ones I posted already is only 3 of them. I have about 20 done now!

Jeniqua: Hope those meds kicked in and you are feeling great today and able to eat something! How was the scrapbooking party last night? Did you resist the goodies?

Chris: Hope you get the Gazelle for your anniversary tomorrow . In case I don't get back before then....Happy Anniversary

Geri: Hope you are having a great day! WOO HOO Will on the potty training! I'm sooooo glad those days are over and gone

Kristin: Hope you are getting to slow down some! Have a great day!

Spryng: If you are lurking, which I hope you are, please come see us soon! BTW, I may be making trip your way in a month or so. IM me or pm me so maybe we can get together when I am close . I've almost lost the 50 lbs that I wanted to lose before we met.....lol!

Cindi: Hope things slow down for you too so you can come see us soon. How's the new house and job?

Jill: How's Bayley doin'? Hope her chest Xray looked good the other day! How are you doin'? Hope you're great!

Gretchen: Hope your day is going great too! How was the weigh in yesterday? I can't stand the taste of just water either and used to be such a popaholic....so I put Splenda in my water and it makes it sweet enough that I don't even want pop! I have had 2 sips of Sprite since Sept. 1st! And that was only because it was the only thing close when I had the hiccups . Just a thought, you may try it and see if you like it. I also only drink purified water. I fill my gallon jugs at the grocery store. I can smell the chlorine in tap water now....yuck!

And last but not least.....my e.t. Roxy: a pound is a pound is a pound honey! Keep it up (not the sickies ) and it will come off! BTW, I keep forgetting to tell you that I did get your card! Loved the p.s. Thank you!

Well Mel, there's a longer post for ya . I'll try to do that more often. I have been bad about flybys and trying to avoid certain issues so I will try to get here more in the near future, but with tax season, scouts, school and general everyday *stuff* it gets hard sometimes. Not to mention I have to share my puter with 5 other people

Well I'm off here to clean. Kids each get 45 minutes to play on here then to cleaning. I'll try to check in later today.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #8  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile Hey Girls!

Here for a few minutes to catch up!!

I can't get the MLW link to work...could someone help? Looks like I might be a big loser due to the starvation factor. DH has missed a week of work so far, he was in his 2nd month, so no benefits, no sick time=no money for 2 weeks at least. I get paid every 2 weeks, and I just got paid, but the auto laonsharks I deal with were threatening to come get my van and I had to give them ALL my money yesterday!! I was only a month behind, but they are mean! At least it's done. I don't mean to whine, but I don't want my dh to feel like he HAS to go back before he's ready because of finances, I knew I could vent my frustrations to my friends here without incident. It will be okay, some how. I trust God to provide for our needs, but it does get scary at times like this!!!

I am really ready to get back on the bandwagon, I have goofed off long enough. I have been trying to eat better, but still need to exercise some. I haven't bought a candy bar in a week or more, I think!!! wooo hooo!! *BABYSTEPS* required for a junkie like me!! I am so glad to see how great you all are doing, you all really are my inspiration.

Hey Deana...the house is great, and I am so thankful for my job! I love it!! Thanks for asking about me, even when I am MIA so much these days!

DH is doing better, but will need to pick himself up off the couch more to be able to return to work next week sometime! He wants NO MORE surgery, so he has vowed to take better care of himself in the future! Maybe we can do it together and really be successful this time!!

Crystal having a baby or what?

Hello to all of you! I'll be back...doodie calls(ugh!)

Love yas!
Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning! We'll we're starting to see the snow coming down here. Hubby and I made a trek to Walmart this morning for a few things and I noticed that a lot of people are using the big snow as an excuse to eat! LOL, I saw carts loaded up with soda and chips. It is hard to break habits, as I used to be one of those people. Any excuse to sit around and snack all day. Sundays during football season it was chips and salsa. Thursdsays we'd go Mexican, and Mondays hubby and I would eat out. It is very hard to learn a new lifestyle. Today I had my soy milk and oatmeal and a bowl of my homemade chicken soup for lunch.

Hey, have any of you seen the movie "Super size Me"? I recommend it; it's fascinating. It's the one documentary diary-type of the guy who ate nothing but Mickey Dee's for an entire month. It also has some great information about the obesity rates in this country and how the food industry tries to keep us hooked on junk. Very eye-opening, if you like that kind of informative stuff.

Ricci - I'd glady send you some of our snow!!!

Cheri - Hi!

Melissa - my boys also had one of those tent things and it was so worth it. What exercise are you doing today?

Penny - is your little boy feeling better today?

Deana - I lost 1.2 lbs this week! Thanks for asking.

Cindi - way to break that candy bar habit!! My husband needs to learn your secrets!!

I couldn't access the momslosing weight site, either. It said it didn't exist when I tried to click on the link. I would like to check it out and participate in the challenges, but I'm sure I wouldn't win any of the weigh in challenges. LOL, I know 1 lb a week is pretty good for me unless I really cut back more.

Well, it's a day of coming in and out of the house and snow, which means wet clothes laying around here, so my dryer is getting quite a workout. I've got to stay on top of things and keep the house relatively clean or I'll be yelling at everyone by tomorrow!

Have a great day!!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #10  

http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight/

try this ladies
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:49 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I am approving cindi and gretchen now...

Hopefully everything is working right now
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #12  
I will suceed!!!

Default Good afternoon all!

Well, it has been interesting and boring all at the same time. The kids were up until 1 last night. Of course, I had trouble settling down and getting to sleep myself, and was up until 3:30, finally drifting off to sleep, only to wake up at 7:30. Not too bad. Both the kids woke up on their own at 8 am! And they were in good moods. So we watched Saturday morning cartoons, then I took a 20 minute walk to get some cleaning supplies. But I was exhausted. The H was up so I laid back down around 10:30 or 11 this morning. I just woke up to find that the kid had passed out to nap at about 1:30. So, this evening I think we are going take a trip to the park. And let the kids play for an hour. Then come home and bathe everyone and put them to bed.

I was able to get to the moms losing weight site, and applied for membership this morning. Yeah! So, that's done. Anyway, I think it's time to wake the kids from their nap it is 3 now....Have a great day every one...
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi everyone!

Well, we got dumped on! I wasn't quite a foot of snow but pretty close! I was outside for a long time yesterday on the JD (with the snowtrower) movin that stuff, then the winds came in and moved everything back where I was working. Plus I thought I was going to have the big one shoveling too! I'm sore. It was so cold last night as well, I was wearing every device I have for staying warm and it still hurt to breathe. I had to move the van (one ton) and the wind and snow was blowing so hard that I couldn't see the driveway, so I braked a bit and slid into the garden. Needless to say we spent more time outside than we wanted! So there was my big adventure yesterday and the reason I didn't come back to post in the evening.

Chris-I have to tell you something funny. Ya know that blue fuzzy sweater that you sent? My Katie latched onto that and said, "Ooooh, this is soooo soft!" I told her it had angora in it, ya know rabbit hair. She said, "Oh, I didn't know rabbits were blue!" Yes, she IS a blond. Thanks again!

Cindi-sorry that you are having trouble! I KNOW all about not getting by! Rotten loansharks! I wonder if people like that can sleep at night. You're are now in my prayers too. It will pass, promise! It seems we all have to go through turmoil before we are finished.

Gretchen-Ol' habits are hard to resist. I make a bunch of things that I like for our family munchie night (Sunday) my plan is Atkins. So I can have deviled eggs and veggies with dip, and stuff along that nature. I find that the children usually enjoy my fare and aren't eating as many sweets either. I also found that I don't have those really bad sugar cravings as before. Sometimes I just want a bar of chocolate though! One day at a time, one pound at a time. Give me strength! We watched "Supersize Me" a few months ago and found it very interesting. I do believe that that stuff is addicting, especially for me! I can't have any of it or I'll want more. I'm sensitive to alcohol and those type of highly-refined carbs. I think that is just part of my genetic makeup. Something I'll always have to avoid if I want to be healthier. Your doing great! Keep up the good work!

Hi Deana- thanks for the bravo! You are doing great yourself. It is nice to see a long post from you! Glad you got the card, don't get me started about the p.s.!

Penny-only seen snow twice? My bil lives in San Diego and I think he's had enough of it to last a lifetime. He'll visit us during Thanksgiving and freeze the entire time he's here and keep saying "How can you stand it here?" Poor guy!

Hi Cheri-glad to see you posting, I have to admit I don't know you very well, but hope to get to know you better soon!

Mel-have fun camping out! You are doing so awesome in your workouts. there's got to be a big difference in you clothes now! What does dh think of his "svelte" wifey?

Jillybean- haven't seen to much of you! Are you crazy busy? Hope you are allright! How's it on the beach?

Michelle-Thanks for the program! Wes thoughly enjoyed it and had it figured out in like 15 minutes with out translating. I know a "wee" bit of French. Yes, that was a bad pun! I'm sure you have a lot of cool stuff up your sleeves, his semester of web art hasn't even come up yet. So we'll see what he comes up with too.

Hi Ricci! Nice to see you start a thread! I'll send you some snow you way, okay. We have enough for a bit!

Well, I better scoot and finish this house so I can play with them tonight!
TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:28 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Sorry I missed you Tabby!
Hope the kiddies get on a good schedule soon! Keep well, and stay OP!
Take Care.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 06:05 PM   #15  
soontobethin

Hi all.
I am getting ready to go out for my sister's birthday dinner. She will be 16 tomorrow.
Gretchen, I saw super size me wednesday, and let me tell you, I won't be eating at Mcdonald's for awhile, maybe never again. It was interesting, and made you think about not just the fast food, but what the kids are eating at school. Anyway, I hope you all have a great evening. Enjoy the snow all!!