Old 01-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Housewives Desperate To Lose WEIGHT! #21 TGIF!!!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months)

(bobsgal) Stephanie 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Can I get my bio added to the beginning of the thread?
Bobsgal: Stephanie, 27 yr old SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) and Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising and watching what I eat.
Thanks! Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:46 PM   #3  
Jeniqua

Hello all!! I just wanted to say good night!! See you all in the AM.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Jusr realized.This should be thread #21. Don't know if that matters or not. Hope everyone has a great night.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:07 PM   #5  
I will suceed!!!

If it is okay with you guys, I would like to share somethings about my marriage and my life with you. I feel comfortable in doing so, but didn't want to just jump right in there with it. There are somethings that I would like some feedback on, and only get biased opinions from my mother. Anyway, I will check back tomorrow and see if it okay. I know this is a forum for weightloss support, so that's why I am asking first.

Anyway, as far as my weightloss is converned, I am having a hard time right now, with giving up certain things. I have a soda addiction, and an addictive compulsive personality. I have cut way back on my portions, and am drinking 2% milk now. I love to drink milk, but just can't go any lower than that. Although, I did find a product that is made from real milk, but is lactose free and skim but tastes like whole milk, problem is it's expensive. It's called Mootopia, they sell it at HEB. Oh well, milk has calcium, calcium good for bones. I won't apologize. I will drink 2 or 3 glasses a day, but that is basically all the dairy I get. I rarely use butter anymore, and as far as cheese, I only eat it when I have a sandwiche, which is rare. So I don't think I'm doing too bad there. My real problem is carbonated soda and the fact that I hate water. But the next time I go grocery shopping, I am going to check out that fruit20 stuff and see what it's like. Has anybody tried it?

Well, I am off to bed. It's ten o'clock, and my children are in bed. not asleep, but in bed. My son will undoubtedly end up in bed with me. But that's okay. Have a good night's rest everyone.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Redskirt please PM me with what you would like to share
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning! I'm glad to see the new thread. I hope everyone and everyone's kids are well and happy today.

I have some issues with Jeremy's school that I need to address today concerning his ADD and some lovely "notes" that have been sent home. <sigh> This is the school that flat out refused to consider an IEP for him and now they're complaining. Well, what did they expect??

I'm going for my Friday weigh-in today feeling bloated. I wonder if I'm retaining water... I was telling my family during dinner that I didn't want to weigh-in and Sean asked, "why go on a diet if you're not going to monitor your progress?" Then I delicately told him that women's weight fluctuates a lot, and he got the picture. Silly boy! LOL! I'll let you guys know the verdict later. Grocery shopping later.

Tabitha - I don't like water either, but I do like Crystal Light. Fruit 2o is good, also. I have to force myself to drink water, epecially in the winter. One thing that helps me with the addictive foods is to not have them in the house. It's hard to give up soda, I have a major Diet Coke addiction that I'm slowly breaking. Good luck!!

Michelle - just curious, how do you pronounce your hubby's name? Just like it looks? That is a really cool and unique name!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Penny, Melissa, Roxy, Stephanie, Deana, Jeniqua, Chris, Jill, Geri, Cindi, Kristen, Spryng, Ricci, and the other Stephanie. Have a good morning and stay warm!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:39 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies!

Well another cold day here. Stiffins the joints for exercise....If that's a poor excuse or what? Anyway, I think I am going to skip the gym today and workout home. I have so much cleaning to do. The challange for today is lunges, and my knees is bothering me. I will have to modify them again to get them in. doing one leg is ok, the other it's too much for it. I ate too much pasta ...for me....last night, so I hope I didn't mess my status up. I don't think one meal will do that, but ya never know the way my body works.
I guess it's back to soups today!

Gretchen, good luck on the weigh in! LUK
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay a longer post from me...
I've been a busy person with work and painting and work and painting...hey you get the pic.

Mel-Lunges? Ugh? Oh well, I'll get those done. My least fav. is the crunches. My back doesn't handle those very well. So I didn't get any pts for yesterday. How's it going otherwise?

Breakingasweat-Brain drain...forgot who you are. Don't be mad at me..okay? Anyhow, kind of going through the same thing with my oldest at school. She is having trouble,esp. with comprehending and recalling what she reads. It affects all her school work. I had her tested last year to see if I could get her some help. For our state, her scores where really low, but not low enough for them to do anything about. She can't "legally" get any help. I guess she's one of those kids who's going to get lost in the crack and forgotten. Not to be too pessimistic, but I think that she's the kind of kid who will get fed up with it all and eventually drop out.

Hey-Redskirt! Welcome! I'm Chris, mainly a stay at home mom of 3 girls. I'm 33, live in Montana, have rheumatoid arthritis, and am trying to use WW flexpoints to get this darm weight off of me.

Roxy-I mailed you those patterns on Tuesday. Let me know if you get them today. It might be tomorrow. My husband mailed them priority.

Hi Steph, Stephanie, Penny, Michelle, Jeniqua, Kristin, Ricci, Spryng, Deana, Ginny, and the rest...gotta start getting the kiddos ready. TTFN and talk to you later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #10  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies! Today is going to be a relaxing day for me. I know I won't get any exercise in today or anything. My right side of my face is completely swollen now. It hurts to talk or anything. I still can't eat. Itried eating sugar free jello last night and I screamed because it hurt soo bad. I have a Dr's appointment today at 12:45. After my appointment I will make a dentist appointment. They won't do anything for me anyways until the infection is gone and the swelling has gone down. I finally broke down and will be paying for my dental care out of my pocket until I am able to get dental coverage again. I am not watching any kids today because of how much pain I am in.

Mel~ How cold is it where you are?? It's -10 here right now...burrr.. Lets not even talk about cleaning house..lol! I haven't been up to keeping it clean like I normally do this week. It's mostly the kids rooms and the toy room that's a mess. I will be doing thorough cleaning this weekend. I know your weight will be fine. I'm sure the pasta didn't even touch it. Again, you are doing great!! Keep it up..you continue to motivate me as well.

Penny~ Hey! How are you?? How has your week been with exercising and staying OP?? Are the kids keeping you busy?? Have a GREAT day!!

Gretchen~I hope all goes well with your son's meeting. I was having problems with my teachers daughter earlier in the school year. I had a talk with her principal and her teacher. Since then everything has been great! It's very frusterating I know, but everything will work out just fine. BTW, you're doing great with your weight! I too hate it when I retain water, but you will start to see a difference soon.

Tabitha~ I've never heard of that milk you mentioned. As far as the water goes, I too can't drink straight water. Have you ever tried adding lemon to it?? As far as the soda, I am the wrong person to be talking to about that..LOL! I love Coca Cola! I've been great. Now I buy the sparkling waters when I want something carbonated and it seems to help take the urge away from me.

Michelle~ Hey girl!!! How are you?? BTW, I've been craving the chemie cheesecake from Apple Beee's, I guess it's a good thing I can't eat, huh? Just kidding! I think if I was able to eat I would be able to resist. I've come too far to set myself back now. How's the weather in your neck of the woods??

Chris~ Hey girl!! I miss ya, where have you been?? Or should I say where have I been?? Post, so I know what's going on with ya!

Jill~ How are you?? I think it's great that even though all you've been through lately that you jumped back on the wagon to continue getting fit and a lifetime of healthy eating!! You're doing great!!! Have a lovely day!!

Well I'm going to rest and relax until my appointment. I'll BBL.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #11  
Jeniqua

Hey Chris!! It was soo great to hear from ya!! I'm glad all is well. You've been a busy lady, you need to slow down..Have a great day.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:42 AM   #12  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

How is everyone doing this morning???

Andrew is still sick So I don't have a sitter today.. I'm with you Mel... I'm gonna stay home and clean and get some exercise in here

Jeniqua,
I'm sorry to hear about your mouth Here is some get better vibes coming your way ((getwell))

Chris,
How is the painting coming? Lunges.. I know... ugggghh... Hey, but that's what's gonna make us skinny?? I'm in

Gretchen,
Sorry to hear you are having problems with school Let us know if you decide to weigh in... We all have that horrible bloating Have you been drinking extra water to help flush it?

Red,
I love flavored water... of all kinds.. I love it As far as the 2 percent milk, if that's what you like then drink it, right? As long as you keep your fat intake down on unhealthy items ... I think it's ok

Steph,
I have you added to the bio!

Well I need to spend some time with the kids and I am gonna wait until they are laying down to clean and exercise

TTYL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Chris - I'm so mad!!! (NOT!) Hey, it's OK. I've only been here for a week or so! I'm Gretchen, age 40 (cough, choke), married to Matt since 1988, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). I stay home, for now at least. I just joined Curves and am on a reduced-calorie program (1200-1400 per day). I don't have the discipline to follow a "plan", so I just play it by ear every day. I'm in Maryland, where we think 20 degrees and 1.5" of snow is horrible winter weather. LOL!!!! We're due for 12" this weekend and life will stop as we now know it. Seriously, we're a bunch of wimps.

Nice to see everyone, I must stop procrastinating and get to Curves!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:38 AM   #14  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flyby for me. On my way out the door in a few minutes to get to Curves. Dd has preschool today then to Walmart to pick up a few things I keep forgetting everytime I go......must be oldtimers disease LOL! Dh goes back to work tonight and I have a lunch date tomorrow and cleaning all weekend while dh sleeps. Hopefully I'll be able to check in a few times this weekend...between rooms !

Hope everyone that is sick gets to feeling better soon (and the kiddos too).

Have a great OP day everyone!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #15  

Chris, I have a guest speaker coming to a local support group that I have here for weight loss and he talked to me about situps and crunches. He said only do them on a SB...stability ball...or wedge. Wedge is just a soft slanted ..well...wedge...Anyway, he says the the stomach wall can only be as strong as ones back. SO doing situps/crunches when your back isn't strong can hurt you. Hope this helps. Maybe go out and buy a SB I think Targets price was about 10 bucks.

Jeniqua, I'm sorry your tooth is hurting so badly. Pray that you feel better soon. Well, not eating isn't the way to lose weight...lol Just trying to bring some kind of humor into your aching day. I know it wasn't that funny, more dopy, but you can laugh about that...if it doesn't hurt. Feel better.

Deana, great to hear from you! Hope you get everything done. Miss your longer posts though.

Penny, I hope Andrew is feeling better. I'm gonna give you a buzzy on the teli, so we can chit chat while cleaning.

HOpe no one snuck in on me. I'll see I guess. bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote