General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #1  

Default Desperate, frustrated and single, anyone? :)

Hi, I am 30 years old, from Europe, single, frustrated, fat - 116 kg (around 232 pounds).
I am not sure anymore that I can lose even a pound, and I am not sure what can I expect of how to keep myself motivated. I have a parents that I hate, a boss wich is a real witch (job would be great if she was normal person), lover who is married and treated me like a doormat ... and now I feel all alone and lost. I just know that I have to lose weight because of my job, health and my insanity.

If you can relate to this...please post!
Tx!

Last edited by aphil; 01-18-2005 at 11:10 AM. Reason: coarse language
point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi,
Welcome to 3FC. I hope that you will find friendship and support here. What I think is important in beginning a journey to weight loss and better health-is to also start out with a fresh state of mind.
You want to concentrate on doing what is good and healthy for YOU. This is not only in the diet/exercise area...but in all aspects of you life-work, relationships, family, etc. If you really want to change your life and succeed-you have to truly believe that you are worth it. If there are relationships that are unhealthy and/or unproductive to you...then end them.
There is a little saying that goes something like..."People will only treat you as bad as you LET them." This is so true. (If you let yourself be mistreated by a boss, parents, friend, or partner-then they will continue to do it.)
Losing weight and getting healthy is about so much more than diet and exercise-it is about putting yourself FIRST. If you don't take care of YOU...then you don't have anything to give anyone else around you.

That is the first step.

Hugs,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:20 AM   #3  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Hi!

Lessee...single? Check. Fat? Check. Desperate. Almost.

I'm 26, weigh around 337 pounds, and I am in a job I absolutely abhor, too!! Welcome to 3FC.

What are you planning on doing to lose weight? I'm not on any "plan" per se, although I would love to go back on Jenny Craig if I could afford it. I'm just cutting out obvious sweets (including soda), fried stuff (including chips), and cutting down on my salt intake. Oh, and of course drinking more water.

I also am trying to get back into the exercise thing. I wear a pedometer at work sometimes, and I take an average of 4000 steps per day at work. I think I'll just try to add Tae-Bo twice or three times a week. I love Tae-Bo. Makes me feel strong.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:27 AM   #4  

Girls, tx for a wellcome!

Aphil, I agree totaly but it's hard. If you dont have anybody to beleave in you its really hard to beleave in yourself. Today I feel better and after reading this forum I am starting to think that maybe there is something more about me, except my weight. And that maybe I can do something about it.

I dont hate my parents so much It was a bad day

Freedom, I am not sure what I am going to do but I will think of it. I wolud like to PM you. I am now at the forum 100+ club. Would you like to come? How much cal is 4.000 steps? What is the price of pedometar? Wher do you put it? Is it too large?

I am starting to walk a lot. Maybe it wolud be good thing for me. I am from Europe, but I think I could fine one in some store. Cheers!
point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Pedometers are pretty small. Most are about the size of pagers/beepers or very small cellular phones. You wear them on your belt or waistband of your pants. They should sell them wherever you can get fitness equipment-like a sporting goods store.

I know what you mean about it being hard to believe in yourself if you believe that noone believes in you. But really...it is the other way around. Treat yourself like a queen...even if you don't feel like you are one. Exercise, make better eating choices for yourself...and reward yourself by painting your nails or buying a wonderful smelling bubble bath and taking a long soak in the tub. If you start treating yourself better-you will start to feel better about yourself-you will realize that you are important to yourself.
When I started at my heighest weight-I didn't take care of myself. My whole life revolved around taking care of everyone and everything else-and I was last. I put the kids, making dinner, laundry, my husband-everything else before me. I never made time for myself.
Now-I take that extra few minutes to exercise-if the load of towels have to wait-then they do. I am more important than the towels. If dinner is 20 minutes later than normal because I had haircolor on my hair-then that is just what it is. I feel so much better now that I take better care of myself-in all ways-not just exercise and diet.

There is someone very special inside every person-you just have to let that person "out".
Hugs,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 PM   #6  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

My pedometer is really small. I attached a drawing of what it looks like- it's the same size and shape. I wear it on my waistband of my trousers, and it calculates how many steps I take. I think I bought it for about four dollars.

I also found some on ebay that ship internationally: click here

They say you should take 10,000 steps a day to lose weight- I can't remember, but I know that's several miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pedometer.jpg (7.5 KB, 26 views)
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:06 PM   #7  

Smile I hear you

Fat? yup I am Single? yes, always have been! Frustrated? oh if only I wasn't

but I do have a good job and that makes life better. Here is my story.....I posted her for awhile, but went MIA about a year ago....I was going to get married this past summer and got dumped a month before....although it all started about 6 months earlier. After the break up I didn’t eat at all (not a good idea), hired a personal trainer (good idea), went into therapy (good idea), increased my depression meds(very good idea), rediscovered my spiritual self (a very nice thing), and went on birth control pills to control nasty TOM (jury is still out on that). I am 43, not sure what I weigh because I have avoided it, and started dating again.

I would agree with what has been said.....after my past year, I have adopted the motto, "It's all about me!". Not that I am a bad person, or selfish or egocentric, but I just have determined, after my life experiences, that the only one I cant truly ever depend on to always be there for me is ME!!!! and that is okay.

Now I am ready to get back to diet and exercise! My birthday is this weekend, so on Sunday....I get back at it!!!! I know I can do it if I place my health and well being as a priority in my life. I still see the trainer every other week, but, (she said embarrassingly) I don't follow up well between visits. But more importantly, my diet is TOTALLY out of control. I need to regain that control.....I haven't decided how I am going to do that yet, but I have been in control enough to lose 100 pounds one time and 80 pounds another time, so it is in me.

So I can relate and would love to have a chat buddy here!

Lilybutt
lilybutt is offline   Reply With Quote