Old 01-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #1  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Default I just did the strangest thing....

Hi everyone.

Here's a quick recap of my story for those who don't know. I started my weight loss journey on 1/12/04. As of Thanksgiving week I'd lost 96 lbs. I gained 23 back because like an idiot I took all of the holiday season off.

I promised myself I'd start back to weight loss on 1/1/05 but I've been horrible so far. Even today I had 3 bad meals and I just ate cheesecake while posting and reading here. Then suddenly I realized what am I doing??? I threw away what was left of the cheesecake then I went in and lowered the goal weight on my signature! Am I actually getting remotivated? I know this probably sounds ridiculous to you all but I feel really good about throwing that out and not only going back to my old goal of 200 but going to what I really want, which is the top of my range on the height/weight scales for 5'11", 178! I'm stunned that just in this moment I'm so into it again and believe I can do it. I thank you all for all your posts here and making me want to get back to it. I know that's corny but it's true!

I'm back on it as of this moment, no more I'll start again Monday or I'll start in the morning. I'm back as of this very second.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:56 PM   #2  

Ingrid, you go girl!! When it clicks it clicks 100% for you!! Your new attitude is great. By the way, my mouth watered when I read the words "cheesecake" .
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:20 PM   #3  
Live for the Moment!

Way to Ingrid! I'm in a very similar situation... I was doing great OP all summer and had lost almost 25 lbs.. then I started having more and more Off Plan days which became everyday in November when I went on holidays.. all the indulging lasted right through christmas and into the New Year up until yesterday. My big plan was Jan. 1 too but then I quit smoking and wanted to eat everything and I mean everything in sight! Today was my first day back on plan... I was well within my calories, drank all my water and went to the gym for the 1st time in 3 months! I'm also reading Dr. Phil's Weight Challenge book just for motivation too!

So, good for you Ingrid for stepping back on the boat! We can do this together! And it does take a lot to start a plan on a Wednesday... I mean isn't that just wrong Not at all, its great.. fantastic in fact.. And honey, you tossed cheesecake?!?!? I can tell you're ready for it this time...
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #4  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Thanks very much ladies.

I feel like a psycho that it just hit me like that but it really did! I know starting on Wednesday is weird but I think it will work for me.

Celina, congrats on quitting smoking. I quit 3 1/2 years ago, right before I got preg. w/my son and I don't miss it at all! Granted quitting sucked but within a week I felt great and I'm glad I stopped when I did. I'd smoked for 17 years on and off already then and that was quite enough. lol.

I'm planning on getting up at 5:30am to walk on the treadmill before work tomorrow. Wish me luck! I figure if I walk before work that will give me more motivation to eat well during the day too. (I'm probably grasping at straws there but let's believe it's true, lol).
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 PM   #5  
Live for the Moment!

Good Luck Ingrid! I know you can do... Hey - I started a Challenge for all of us who are desperately trying to get back on track.. You should come & join me! Here's to tomorrow
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Great going Ingrid. For some of us it takes one of those moments for something to click and then you feel great and motivated. Bravo on throwing out the cheesecake.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #7  
PamPSM644

Ingrid,you did good! Throwing out that cheese cake took strenth. I love cheese cake. You can use the next few days till your ready to start to psyc yourself up for it. I'm all for a good brainwashing when it for the right reasons.

Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote