Old 01-19-2005, 08:02 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Chat 1/19

Well, I need to quit stepping on that scale. I get so disappointed! I keep hoping for a loss and it's just not happening. Mostly my fault due to the crap I eat on the weekends...but I should at least LOSE what I've gained from the weekend!! I lost more weight w/out exercising than with. So maybe exercising ISN'T for everyone But seriously, disappointed at the scale. Anyone have a clue why it's not going down? I posted my meal for monday (Tuesday was pretty much the same thing except we had venison instead of hot wings). And with cutting down on soda I'm DEFINITELY drinking (and peeing) more than before. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning Brenda and all to come!

Brenda: When you start exercising and building muscle mass, it's not at all unusual to have a weight gain or to plateau for a while. Stick with it! Also, you can kick me if you want, but maybe the on-and-off, watching carbs during the week and not watching them during the weekend, is NOT the best plan for you! In any WOE, consistency is key. Just as your body is getting used to low carb, you slam it with extra carbs. Your cravings will probably continue, and at some point your weekend will become a 3-day weekend, then a 4-day weekend, yadda, yadda, yadda. One of the most successful Atkinites I know lost over 100 pounds YEARS ago, and she marks one day on the calendar each month that she's allowed to indulge in her favorite foods. She plans for it, relishes in it, and when it's done, goes back to her normal low carb WOE. I'm not necessarily recommending it, but maybe it's an option????? Whatever you do, be proud of your accomplishments and don't look at yourself as a failure!!! You've come a long way -- lady baby!!!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning!

Brenda~ Paula gave you some great advice! I would suggest you put your scale away, hide it, give it to dh to hide so you cant find it. Have him bring it out once every 2 weeks....AND THATS IT!! Get your tape measure out, and start taking measurements. (No more than once a week) If your working out with weights, things are going to start to shift, you will see changes in weight and in the way you look. You will see differences in the tape measure ......biceps getting bigger, quads getting stronger etc. Remember, muscle takes up less space than fat, but a lb is a lb and as you put on muscle and take off fat, the scale isnt going to tell you whats really happening with your body. But you will be able to see the difference in the mirror and in the tape measure.

Its really snowy and blowy here today, Ive been sitting and knitting since 6 this morning. Even made dh a batch of fresh muffins to take to work with him. He loved waking to a warm house, warm muffins and coffee already made. But I told him not to get used to it!!

I dont know what it is about this cold I have, but I only sleep for a certain amount of time, and then Im up. Thats it, Im up no matter how I try to get back to sleep, Im wide awake!! I was in bed before 9 last night, but up at 6! Go figure!

Im still eating op.....I keep telling myself, thats its better for my cold to eat properly than to sit and have soup and toast. I dont want to backslide after all the hard work the last 2 1/2 weeks. Ive been getting all my water in, but thats very difficult for some reason.....but I figure, I'll flush the bug out of me!

Have a great day everyone
Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 01-19-2005 at 09:30 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:36 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning ladies!!

B- follow Sped's advice she speaks the truth!! And like we have said before get rid of that dang scale!!! I know you can do this, keep on exercising and you will get a big WHOOSH!

S- excellent post!!! Great job!

Robin- hope you feel better soon, great job staying OP!!

Well back to the drawing board today, yesterday just sucked for me. I am sucha emotional eater, I totally went off plan, I am pretty stressed about some things that are happening in our lives and then I just eat. I always realize after i eat that I was stressed or depressed, I need to learn to recognise it before I eat. It has been pretty hectic around here and I need to get back to the gym. The gym provides me an outlet for all that nervous energy to get burned up in a healthy way.

So today back at it again, reminding myself it is not a race, just do the best i can each day while it is here.

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:51 AM   #5  

TG: I'm with you, I am such a stress eater. I have been doing horrible lately because of so much stuff going on. I know I am ruining all the hard work but I just can't seem to stop myself. You are right...I just need to do the best I can.

Robin: Up early making muffins? I can barely drag my butt out of bed and into the shower never mind actually stand in the kitchen measuring things! Lucky husband. Take a nap today if you can...that may help.

Spedmom: Your idea on the splurge is great. I know people that do it once a week and I don't know how they still manage to lose. To at least have it scheduled for 1 day a month!!! OH THE POSIBILITIES!

Brenda, Brenda, Brenda: You have done awesome. I wish I have lost what you have. And to boot you are even exercising and I'm not! I agree...have DH hide that darn scale! Keep exercising and it will make a difference.

Nothing much new in my corner of the world.....still eating all the things I shouldn't and wonder when I will snap out of it. Need to get a grip on things or I will out buying new clothes in BIGGER sizes again.
I need sunshine and warm weather I decided....not enjoying this cold weather. I want to work in my garden
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Good morning! Happy Wednesday!

Brenda - Yeah! What they said! I've done that whole 'one day a month' thing and it works really well for me! Also, a really strong second to what was said about building muscle. And I know you know it! Besides, the more muscle you have, the more energy you burn (aka, the more likely you are to be able to eat what you want and not gain.) Think of it as a long term investment here. You're building equity into your body.

Paula - Excellent advice! Thank you!

Robin - I sure hope you get feeling better soon! You're doing so good!

TG - My name is Star and I'm a stress eater..... I really am right there with you. I ended up running all over the place from 5:30 am until 11:00 last night. Blech! And the result was a trip through the Jack in the Box drive through for a chicken fajita pita. How the **** do they fit 32 grams of carbs in that thing??? Life will calm down and we'll be good again. That's on of the reasons I like yoga/pilates so much. Un-stressing!

Jane - Winter does make up lose motivation, huh? I keep thinking of that bikini that was just starting to look good on me last summer. I'd hate to put it on right now!

Spent last night at my nieces 6th birthday party. She had it at a place called 'Pump it Up.' It has these huge blow up toys you can climb all over. It was so much fun! I spent two hours with a bunch of sweaty kids and adults jumping, climbing, boxing, and running through obstacle courses. Even my almost 60 year old parents got in on it! Wa-hooo!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Peek A Boo!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

Paula: Thanks for the kick in the pants. I needed the reality check and wake up call. I'll try and break my addiction to the scale as well as carbs. Hope you're having a great day!

Robin: Way to go w/staying OP while sick! Hope you kick that cold soon. And I sure wish I seen the results in the mirror NOW instead of the flab I see jiggling as I exercise. Nasty place for mirrors (in the living room ) .

TG: Sorry to hear you're stressed. But you and I are back OP right?? So get your tushy to the gym

Jane: Sounds like the winter blues hit you. I'm like you and can't wait 'til Spring is here. I want to hear birds chirping...not icicles falling off the roof or the sound of snowplows!! Maybe you could make an indoor garden?

Star: Sounds like you had a lot of fun. We have places like that around here but I've never been invited. We were going to do a GS sleepover at a place like that...but then not enough girls signed up so we had to cancel. Don't fret...that 'kini will look great on you again before you know it!!

Leenie: Flying by again, eh? Have a great day.

Well, today it's Girl Scouts so no time to exercise. Just wanted to check in here before getting stuff ready. It's DD's turn to bring a snack so it's carrots & veggie dip. Not the lowest in carbs..but better than junk food. This way I can have a little too. I'll try not to get so down about the scale....and to stay off it. at least until official WI on Saturdays. If only my jeans didn't feel so tight I'd feel like I was accomplishing something!!! Oh well, it's time to REALLY break down and get this weight off. Once a month, eh? I'll see what I can do!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Brenda - I'm gonna do the once a month thing too. And I'm stating right now that my day will be the 24th of each month (that way I can eat what I want on my B-day)

Leenie! I miss you!

Speaking of missing people, Karen, Jina, Julie, Lisa, Sonnet, Rachel, Cinny, Fullfig and everyone else - Where are you????
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:55 PM   #10  
Phil 4:8

hello ladies,
i think it is my second time posting here. i think that's what i'm doing any way. i don't know all the lingo in some of the messages. i have been on my weight lose journey since the first of the year. i found 3Fc last tue. and have been trying to find my way aroud every since. i weighed in monday and lost 14lbs since the first of the year. i'm sure it must be water. we'll see come next monday. leenie i don't know if this where you were trying to tell me to go or not. i still have not figured out the bios thing. have a great evening to all. remember you are worth it.
kind regards,
love2
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Just a quick drive by hello, very tired and going to bed! Will try to catch up tomorrow!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:19 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HEY CRAFTY MOM !!!

Welcome, yes you made it !! We're glad your here
I'll let you know about the bio's... sorry I haven't been around much.

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote