General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:50 PM   #1  

Default Danish Diet

Does anyone know the details of this diet?? I am just curious to see what it is about. I have seen people mention it on 3fatchicks but none of them ever answer me with what type of diet it is or what food is on it.

PLEASE someone must have the answer ?? Thanks Shirley in Au.
luvs_violets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Shirley I received your PM about this and I'm sorry that I've not replied yet. I've been trying to find out about it. All I can find out is that it's a very restrictive fad diet, similar to the cabbage soup diet. Different foods, but same concept, and we would not recommend it.

Breakfast is usually a cup of coffee and a sugar cube. Some days you are allowed to add a slice of plain toast.

Lunch is usually 2 boiled eggs and a carrot, OR 7 ounces of boiled fish or ham

Dinner is usually 7 ounces of plain meat and one fruit or vegetable OR is another dose of boiled eggs.

This is probably the worst example of a "diet" that I've ever seen. You would lose weight on it, because you are essentially starving your body. Most of the weight loss at first would be pure water, which you would regain within a couple of days of quitting this diet. Any fat you lose will also come back quick because of the changes to your metabolism.

When I saw "Danish Diet" I had hoped it would allow cheese danish
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yuck...that diet sounds horrible.

Wow...an ENTIRE sugar cube for breakfast? I don't know if I could finish it all.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #4  

Thanks for replying, Yes I thought it would have crispbreads and cheese ?? Must be a type of Atkins plan then??Oh well .... Shirley
Old 01-19-2005, 01:05 AM   #5  
it's always something

There may be another Danish diet that calls for more Danish foods, lol, but this was the only one I could find. Jennifer is going to look around because she thought there was another. She'll post here if she finds it
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

It's not Danish food, and you don't eat Danish pastries. Much ickier! I think it is called Danish because it was supposedly for the Danish Air Force or something like that. There's a sloo of fad diets that are for some countries' armed forces. I'd bet 95 percent aren't.

Anyway, here's a few days menus - and supposedly you cannot alter a single ingredient. Yeah, I can see I'd lose the weight from wretching it all up!

breakfast 1 cup of coffee + 1 cube sugar
lunch 2 hard boiled eggs + boiled spinach + 1 tomato
diner 200 gr. (7 oz) beef steak + lettuce salad with oil and lemon juice

breakfast 1 cup coffee + 1 cube sugar + 1 slice toasted bread
lunch 2 hard boiled eggs + 1 slice of ham + lettuce salad
dinner boiled celeriac + 1 tomato + 1 fresh fruit

breakfast 1 cup coffee + 1 cube sugar + 1 slice toasted bread
lunch 2 dl. orange juice + 1 serving natural yogurt
dinner 1 hard boiled egg + 1 large grated carrot + 200g cottage cheese

Etc.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:40 AM   #7  

Oh man....that has got to be the worst menu I have ever seen. ACK!!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:12 AM   #8  

THANKS FOR REPLYING.. Yes that sure sounds a disaster of a diet Even worse then Atkins..Even worse then that one of long ago where you ate eggs every day too..If anyone is interested in Princess Marys diet ?? (who married the Danish Prince last year) ask me and I will post it. Its pretty difficult but much better then that one..Allows lots of fruit and vegies Bye for now Shirley/Violet.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Myself, I prefer to hear about plans that people can live with and use the rest of their lives to keep the weight off, rather than crash diets that you just follow for a couple weeks to lose a few pounds before an event.
It is very important to realize that crash diets may provide a quick loss of a few pounds-but they are not plans that anyone can stick with for life-so the weight is definitely going to come back on when you are done with the diet.

If anyone is serious about losing weight and keeping it off-it has to be a lifestyle change, and not a "diet".

Good luck to everyone,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:01 AM   #10  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil
Myself, I prefer to hear about plans that people can live with and use the rest of their lives to keep the weight off, rather than crash diets that you just follow for a couple weeks to lose a few pounds before an event.
It is very important to realize that crash diets may provide a quick loss of a few pounds-but they are not plans that anyone can stick with for life-so the weight is definitely going to come back on when you are done with the diet.

If anyone is serious about losing weight and keeping it off-it has to be a lifestyle change, and not a "diet".

Good luck to everyone,
Aphil
What she said.

Although hmmm the thought of living on Danishes - I know a couple people who are already on THAT one. It doesn't seem to be working.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote