Old 01-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default Weekly Move Yer Kaboose Thread 1/17 - 1/23

Sorry I got a Late Start on this Thread. Please fill free to repost your Monday workout. Ok that said...

NOW MOVE THOSE BODIES!!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #2  

Sorry if I messed you guys up. I hit the back key when I seen I had typed the 16th not the 17th. Now I see I made two post. Sorry if I confused you guys.

Here's my Monday workout for Jan 17

3 Mile WATP
2 Mile WATP
1 Mile WATP
Old 01-17-2005, 11:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Mez - how do you do that? Omg, I'm jealous, I barely have 5 minutes for exercise.

I did exercise today! unfortunately I hiked 1.5 km's in the pouring rain. I will do my pilates video and a 20 min cardio workout as well.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

oops, posted this in the wrong place!

15 minutes stair master, 20 minutes lower body weights, 10 minutes stretching, 35 minutes elliptical.

Tomorrow is another moving day. YIKES.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #5  
Learning to love ME!

I overslept Sunday and Monday, so no workouts those days, but today I'm back in gear! I dug out an old Kathy Smith step workout and did that, since I was tired of my other step tape. This was a good workout but the choreography is pretty boring. Oh well, I'll do it awhile until I find something better.

Here's my plan for the rest of the week (I'm determined to bust past my post-pregnancy setpoint):
-Step Aerobics in the a.m., for a total of 5 days
-pilates ab workout in the p.m. or power yoga
-take stairs at work (3 flights)
-walk everyday at lunch

I'll report back here daily to keep me accountable. Happy moving!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #6  

Everyone is doing great. I'm going to respond to some post from last week. I didn't have much time durning the weekend. My daughter is going into the hospital tonight. Maybe I'll be a grandmother by this time tomorrw.

Tammy – How did the energy bar work? My doctor also told me cramping would go away once I had children. Humm wonder how long after one has there children it takes effect. My youngest is 15 yrs. When my TOM is here I make sure I have low cal treats handy like skinny cow ice cream and hard candy with splenda.

Dana – I’m so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Moon Puppy – Wow that rummage put a nice amount of change in your pocket.

Aimee – I love Pilates and I’m trying to break myself form WATP so I can fit it in… It’s not easy getting the workouts in I’ve gave up watching some of my T.V. programs and certain household duties wait until the weekend.

Now for My workout-
Tuesday
3 Mile WATP
2 Mile WATP
1 Mile WATP
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Monday

1 hour water aerobics
20 min. stretching

Tuesday

2 mile WATP
20 min. stretching

Hey, I have two exercise videos I'd love to send someone. One is Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies, and the other one is Leslie Sansone's WATP 2 mile fat burner. If interested, please PM me. Have padded envelope, will mail! I'm moving and need to clear out some stuff.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 09:59 PM   #8  

Elliptical: 5 miles in 44min 35sec...Averages out to be 8.67 minutes per mile. My personal best so far. Mez, I think the energy bar helped. Then again who knows if it was just my mind thinking it was working or what. But, I did have pretty good energy.

Bike: 5 miles

I really enjoy being able to get 5 miles done on the elliptical so fast. I get super bored if I am at something for to long. So, I push it hard so I can hurry up and get done. I guess that is not a bad thing at all.

I've not been posting much..Depression is really bad and on top of that I am pretty sure I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I've been cleaning my house like a crazy woman. Crying the whole time I am doing it. I think my husband thinks I am losing it. I can't seem to relax unless things are neat and tidy. And even then my mind is racing on to the next thing. I need a break from my mind. This is the norm for me. I have an appointment on Feb. 1. That feels like forever!

Darlene, almost everytime that I am stalled it comes down to what I am eating. I have to journal and then it stares right back at me, and I can see exactly where I am off track. I know you don't count calories but a food journal might help anyways. I'm with you all the way at "busting" out of previous stalling weights. I want to get to 189 so that I feel secure that I am never going to be at 200 again. So, we can be in this together. I don't weigh until Thursday so I don't know yet if I have a loss or not. I sure hope so. Hopefully by then the extra water weight will be gone from TOM.

Mez, I hope you are a grandmother by tomorrow also!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear back from you.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:41 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had planned to go to the gym today but this morning I woke up with a really bad muscle spasm in my left lat. I have taken some motrin to alleviate the pain but it still hurts to move (and breathe) so I decided it would be best not to go today.

Good job everyone who has been exercising.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:51 PM   #10  
Learning to love ME!

Nelie, I'm sending you healing vibes so your lat feels better soon!

Tammy, thanks so much for your encouragement and empathy! You're right about doing a food journal, and I know it's my eating (eating out and not exercising portion control) and not my lack of exercise that's got me plateaued already, but I figure a little extra exercise can't hurt. Here's hoping you see a nice loss on Thursday!

Today I didn't make it for my lunchtime walk because it was in the single digits temperature-wise. But here's what I did do:
-Step Aerobics
-pilates ab routine
-The Method TV show (today it was Afro-Brazilian dancing!)
-Walked 12 flights of stairs at work

Keep up the good work, everyone!
Gypsydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:57 PM   #11  

You are stepping it up a notch!! I added some extra exercise tonight at the gym by doing the bike. You would have to ride that thing for hours to burn off many calories though..I rode for 5 miles and burned under 80 calories. I liked it though. It was a nice change.

Nelie, Ouch!! Sorry to hear about that. Yep, resting it for now is the best thing you can do. Hopefully it will heal quickly.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I started back to the gym yesterday after being off for quite awhile with this stupid pneumonia. I've been feeling okay for awhile but went to the gym 2 Thursday's ago and I felt terrible the next day so I figured it was still too soon. I went yesterday and today, did 40 minutes of cardio and some machines. I missed not going to the gym, it was starting to feel like part of my daily routine!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #13  

Monday: 45 min interval training (aerobics and weights)
Tuesday: SAME
Wed: 2 Mile Walk Away The Pounds
chocolatecatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Today I did a 20 min workout and pilates(40 minutes). I am looking forward to starting the running thing, scared though! Here's a horrible horrible question... is it possible to be too fat to run? What do you think? The run I'm planning to do is in the middle of April, which gives me about 3 months.. which I feel is plenty of time to train.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #15  
Ready to take care of me!

Mez........update us with the news!

I have not worked out since last Friday. I have had the 24 hour bug raging through my house. One gets better anther gets it. Ugh.

Glad everyone else is doing great this week.
~moon puppy~ is offline   Reply With Quote