Old 01-18-2005, 08:33 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES #19 Tuesday!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:35 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone had a great night!

Andrew is still sick so no gym for me today

Gonna go take care of my sick baby that just walk in here!
Have a good day!

I'll check in later at nap time!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #3  
2BoysMom

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JILLY BEAN!!

Penny...hope Andrew's feeling better soon I'm sending well baby hugs your way.

At work...just checking in...seems I have more time to post here than at home. Tony just wants his Mommy time now that I'm back to work....poor little guy.

I'll check back later. Have a great day everyone.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi all,
Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone this morning. The kids are back in school and hubby is at work. (did I tell you guys how much I love Tuesdays?! LOL)

Penny - what is wrong with Andrew? I hope he feels better soon.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #5  

Morning everyone!
I made it to the gym today, but I didn't go yesterday. Ella is still sick so I couldn't bring her yesterday and my mom watched her today so I could go. Not much going on today over here. Just gonna clean, clean, clean! Honestly though I love cleaning my house! I know it is strange, but I just get great joy out of it!! I love cleaning supplies and everything involved.....call me crazy!!!
I hope everyone has a great day and I will check in later on.
stephi1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi out there to Geri, Grethen, And Stephanie,

Grethen,
Hope you get some rest today w/ the kiddos in school!

Geri,
Congrats on the exercise!

Stephanie,
I don't know what the heck you are cleaning???????? I came out yesterday and the house was spotless.... expect for all the crumbs my kids kept making... Hopefully I picked em all up.....

Ok I gotta go take care of fuss pot and his nasty cold...

TTYL!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:20 PM   #7  
soontobethin

hi have a great day!
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:30 PM   #8  

Hey all! how is everyone today? I went to the gym in this crazy bitter cold weather..ALthough it's nothing like what some of you are having. I'm still feeling a bit down. i was feeling better, but then this morning I felt crummy again. Trying to feel better SIL came by and I was able to vent. SO I feel a tad better now. ahhhhhh. Anyway, I was down enough early that I went to the gym and walked for 5 minutes and left. I left my trainer in a lurch. I just told the front desk staff to please tell her I had to leave. I just don't have it in my right now. I'm sure I'll feel better soon.

Penny, sorry andrew is still sick. I'm gonna call ya later.

Steph, CLEANING??????????? YOU love it? Come on over........

Gretchen, glad you are having a peaceful tuesday.

Hey Geri, nice to hear from you.

Ricci, that was the quickest post ever girl. All ok by you?
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies quick one from me. I'm just getting breakfast done and then need to head for school. Got my application done finally for the masters program and will be turning it in today. However I had to stay up till 1am to get it done and study for my quiz today! ahhhhhhhh Too much time at mom's celebrating my birthday I guess. Anyway my dh got called out of bed at 2:30 this morning for a road call and never got to go back to bed. I feel bad for him, I hope he gets to nap when he gets home. Ok that's it, I gotta get out of here so I can study a little at school since I didn't get a lot of time in last night. Hope you all have a great day! I'm doing good on SBD so far (minus birthday dinner last night lol) but I'm having a hard time with the exercise. I'm hoping to work it into my new routine this week sometime. Ok that's really it!! lol
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

I'm back for another post. I have to vent and get this out. I know you guys don't know me very well, but I am feeling kind of down today. Yes, it is quiet here. My boys are in school. I am here all by myself everyday (except Wednesday when I go to Bible study). I have been looking for another job for what seems like forever, but things aren't going well. I had a good job interview before Christmas, and I really wanted this job. It was 20 hours per week and really close to the boys' schools. I did everything right, even wrote a nice thank you for the interview letter. I finally got the courage up to call today since I hadn't heard, and yes, they have found someone else for the job.

I was laid off from my job over two years ago and haven't found anything suitable since then. I'm getting pretty depressed about it. I need to go back to work since my oldest is going to have to go to college in a couple of years and we need the money.

Sorry to lay this on you guys. Most of you have little ones at home all day and probably can't relate, but it's really starting to wear down my confidence.

Thanks for letting me vent.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #11  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi-
Okay it's really busy today cause one's better but another came down sick. Told ya, just like dominoes! Anyway trying to keep all happy. Baby isn't happy at all because I have to keep him a little isolated from the sickies so he can't understand why he's by himself alot of today. Oh well, he has toys and he's clean and fed maybe he'll fall asleep in a moment.

Hi Jilly- did you have fun on your b-day? There seems to be alot of free information out about SB so enjoy your hunting! Did you read all of the book yet? I'm sure you will get into the swing of things very soon.

Mel-praying for ya! Hope everything works out soon for you.

Ricci-??? Hi ya back! What happened? That was fast! Slow down and have a great day

Penny- you mean you don't like cleaning the house?????

Steph-okay, you're crazy! I suppose it might be fun or even satisfying if it stayed clean for any length of time. It just doesn't happen on my end! I have the wrecking crew here all day undoing what I just did. They are to young to clean yet. They do pick up their toys, I only have help after about 4:00 then I can relax a moment.

Gretchen- heh heh yes, I know what you mean!

Well, all of you other MIA moms hope you are out there having a better day and post soon so we can hear from you! I am shifting into my afternoon routine and hopefully I can accomplish something big before I have to pick up children at school. Love to all-
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #12  

Gretchen, sorry you are feeling down. Just try to remember that sooo many people are having the same trouble as you are with work. It's so hard to find a suitible job as well as you like and that pays half way decent. Keep your chin up. You will find something soon. Maybe redo you resume
Old 01-18-2005, 02:08 PM   #13  
a.k.a. Roxy

Sorry I missed your post Gretchen! Well...Is there something else you could be doing? My girlfriend sells on e-bay and she does very well, AND stays at home. Another started her own cleaning business and does select houses on the side for 75.00 a crack! I don't know perhaps you could think of an alternative. Then again, you can find out why you didn't get those jobs that you desired. They should tell you why you didn't get the job. Perhaps it is something simple that you can fix before you're next job interview. Polish up your resume, read a book from the library about interviews. They seem to have an extraordinary amount of pychology questions in them. Learn to answer them correctly. Or perhaps find something outside of your expertise and try something new! Good Luck to you! BTW- there are all kinds of ways to minimize college expenses as well...just a thought! Don't de discouraged.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #14  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hi all!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Gretchen: Hope you find something soon. Sorry I can't relate right now, still 2 at home during the day and am thinking of looking for part time next year when dd goes to kindergarten and oldest will be working. Good luck.

Mel: Hope things get worked out for you soon. Glad you were able to vent to sil.

Penny: Hope Andrew feels better soon.

Roxy: I have a wrecking crew too so I know what you mean.

Stephanie: You can come clean mine too .

Jill: Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy. Better to keep your hands in the paperwork than the cookie jar .

Ricci:

Geri:

Hi to all you other sahm's. Gotta run to town and take care of some things for dh then supper, dh goes to work and I have a scout leader meeting tonight so not sure if I will be back before tomorrow.

Have a great OP day!

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #15  

Gretchen and roxy, I just wanted to say that I think Roxy's post was very well written. I hope that some of her ideas are helpful.

Hey Deana!