Old 01-17-2005, 07:16 AM   #1  

Default Desperate Housewives # 17 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:27 AM   #2  

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Moving onward to a new day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal, any more contractions? That little girls knockin at the door yet? Hope you are well this morning...Sorry, If I sounded to harse last night. Truely

Penny, those pics were real cute. Kids looked like they were having fun. Hunter looks like a real ham with that grin on his face.

Kristin, how have you been? Nice to hear from you.

Michelle, what's up girlie? You ok? Call me?

Chris, to funny about the feet comment on msn....Ya know, we should all get a pedicure when we are at goal weight!!!!!

Ok everyone, I really need a favor from all of you. Please pray that we find some peace. We have something going on that has tugged at our hearts this weekend. Dh and I have been trying to find answers and pray that our lord will help us through. I can't say much about the situations, but I just have to ask for your support and all. So if you don't see as many posts and all you know why. I am still going to try to get to the gym, maybe it will help work off some emotions. Last three days, I have felt sick in my stomach and I feel angry and sad. I just had to say something here to sort of get it off my chest. thanks girls for listening. And again. HUG YOUR CHILDREN and tell them you love them.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:53 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Mel, I'm sorry to hear you are having tough times. Of course you are in my prayers and I hope things are worked out soon.
The only contractions are extremely mild but hopefully they are progressing. I go tomorrow for my check up so we'll see.
Anyhow, hope everyone has a great day. I slept so so last night, of course so maybe I'll get in a nap. I have some laundry to do and school. And at some point I have to buy groceries. Not sure how all this will fit in my schedule. But nonetheless there you have it.
Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!

Mel-I am certainly going to pray for your family! I hope that you resolve your issue! Peace! That sure is a rarity today! I hope I can speak for all the gals when I say we are all behind you and if you need anyone of us we're here for ya!

Crystal- be a good girl and go into labor now, I know, when SHE feels like coming out! Hope it's today!

Well, I didn't sleep very well last night and am tired now. The children just left for school and Rosie's just barfed in the toilet! Happy Monday! I know what I'll be doing all week! Sick babies and LAUNDRY!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #5  

OH I forgot, on a good note. This morning I was 197.8..............You know It's my birthday,.........lol not really, just doing the happy dance.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:44 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Happy Birthday MEL!!!!
Wow! See it's falling off ya now! Don't have any birthday cake!

****disclaimer notice--This is NOT Mel's Birthday--this is only a test--if this was an actual birthday, people who do know the real date, would be posting accordingly--once again this is only a test--- *****
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:51 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies...

We are dragging this am. Me and hubby are sick... and my hubby never gets sick

Melissa,
You are in my thoughts and prayers Let me know if you need anything... But congrats on your weight loss.. That is fantastic!

Crystal,
Hope Allison arrives soon!

Roxy,
I'm sorry to hear your have a sick kiddo Hope she get better soon!

Well it is a holiday and Hunter is off school today... Not much planned just groceries and i'm not sure how the gym is gonna go ...

BBL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning!
Well, we had a light dusting of snow overnight and now the wind is blowing. I guess that's nothing compared to what most of you guys have!
I'm off to Curves in a little while. I am still feeling somewhat crappy with this sinus infection and the post-nasal drip. I'm working on my 2nd bottle of Robitussin and still have another week of antibiotics to go. Oh, and to make matters even more lovely, last night I woke up with (sorry to gross you guys out here) with horrible gas pains. I guess all those extra vegetables I've been eating have finally kicked in!

Crystal- I hope you're feeling better today. So, I guess you know it's going to be a girl, right? I haven't been here long enough to know, so sorry if I appear ignorant!!

Melissa - I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

My kids are off today and my youngest is driving me bananas. I will have to plan something to get him out of the house today. (He's the one with ADD, need I say more?)

Oh, Melissa - congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great! I can't wait to get in the 190's...

I hope everyone stays warm today!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:49 AM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

Gretchen, I actually knew it was a girl before the sono and then with that the doc said he was about 85% sure it was a girl but it assured me even moreso. I do understand that it could still be a boy but I've felt so sure since the beginning. Allison Wynell for a girl. But I'm prepared, Alex Steven for a boy.
Anyways, we'll know soon enough. I was hoping for a boy since my baby is a boy but that's okay. If it came out a boy, I hope he looks good in pink because that's all I've got, lol.
Okay, gotta clean up breakfast dishes. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #10  
2BoysMom

Hi all,

I just finished reading yesterday's posts..hope there are no hard feelings! I have been having a rough time of it lately and have been wondering if it was depression...turned out to be PMS thankfully (wasn't expecting it yet). Can not imagine being that out of sorts all the time. I couldn't take it long term.

Congrats to all you losers out there!!! I actually exercised 2 days in a row..woooooo hoooo! It's been way too long.

Tony's not letting me post so I have to go. HOpefully I'll check back later.

Geri
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #11  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies!!!

Crystal~ You're still here huh? I guess she really wants to keep you hanging on until the last minute..lol

Geri~ Way to go with the exercise!!

Gretchen~ You're doing great! Keep up the good job!!

Mel~ Girl, I am praying for you right now. I've been dealing with something here this weekend too. God has been really dealing with me about my time with him. This week I will not be posting here at all. I think it's time I put my focus back on God. I've been giving the computer way too much of my time. Hopefully I will be back on next week. I will be posting my results on the other board though for the challenge.

Roxy~ HI Girl!!

Michelle~ I hope everything's okay with you. I haven't heard from you in a while.

Penny~ Keep up the wonderful job!!

Chris~ How do you like your new extreme makeover video??

Well, I better go..but I love you all. Have a blessed week!!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies. Hope everyone is having a good morning. Seems like things have calmed down since yesterday. I think it's good to have chats like that sometimes, gets things out in the open and lets people know a little more about you. Anyway I have the day off from work and school but still need to study for a quiz and finish my application. I'm starting phase one of SBD today so I am excited about that. I hope I can do it! However I have dinner over at my mom and dad's house tonight and although dinner is SBD (except the potatos) there's chocolate cake for dessert. Normally I would try to pass it up but it's my birthday for crying out loud!! LOL so I think I will have a small piece and urge everyone else to eat a lot of it so that I don't have to take it home. My dh is on a diet too so it's not like he's going to eat it if we take it home. I would end up eating it. I'm just worried cuz I don't want to screw this up and I'm afraid if I cheat on the first day that I will mess everything up. Well I'll get through it somehow. I need to get some exercise in today too. We'll see what happens.

Jeniqua and Mel I hope your struggles are over soon or you find a way to deal with them. My prayers are with you! Oh and Mel I'm so happy for you being in the 100's! It's really coming off fast now!!

Hi Geri, glad it was just PMS. I got like that a couple months ago, I was thinking the same thing. It seemed to last a lot longer than usual though but it's gone now and that's all that matters.

Gretchen I know what you mean about it being cold but not as cold as some of these others on here. It's cold to me when it's in the 30's and 40's so anything less than that is extremely cold for me! lol We freak out if we get 3 inches of snow, the whole dang city shuts down because we dont have enough equipment to keep all the roads clear! lol Hope your kids stop driving you nuts, mine's not up yet so we'll see how she acts when she does get up.

Penny sorry your sick! That stinks. Really cute pics last night though. your kids are adorable!! Hope you and dh feel better!

Roxy your too funny! I hope you can get a nap in sometime today, however with 10 kids I'm not sure that is very likely lol. Anyway hope you are having a good day despite being tired.

Ok I've been on here long enough. Need to get up and get moving. Hope you all have a great day. I may be back later!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #13  

Hey all, I'm back from the gym. I feel a tad better than before. My workout wasn't as intense as usual, but I still burned 270 calories.

Jeniqua, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. thanks to all of you for your prayers.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Just had to come say....

Jilly,

MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Thanks Michelle!!!